PDA

View Full Version : Unbanned!

Brummied
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi all just throwing a little light on the banning issue some may be experiencing, if the message ip banned is appearing while using mobile network, it appears some have been banned. Vodafone uk, not sure how widespread, but certainly gatwick area, is banned, so using any Vodafone mobile connection on any device results in ip banned! Using same device with different network sim results in viewable unbanned access... Frustrating for me as a Vodafone user for sure, able to post this on a previously 1 hour ago ip banned device because I'm using my wireless network at home!
Have informed CJ as below

I have submitted tickets about being banned on mw forum, I have learned that I'm not actually banned, it appears you have banned Vodafone uk ip, when using four different devices at work, three banned, one on 02 network working. When I get home using my wireless network two of the previously banned devices have access again! I guess at some point you will block all network ip in uk then the forum only becomes accessible when at home, shame I love catching up with the scene on the go, is there no other alternative?

CJ54
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi all just throwing a little light on the banning issue some may be experiencing, if the message ip banned is appearing while using mobile network, it appears some have been banned. Vodafone uk, not sure how widespread, but certainly gatwick area, is banned, so using any Vodafone mobile connection on any device results in ip banned! Using same device with different network sim results in viewable unbanned access... Frustrating for me as a Vodafone user for sure, able to post this on a previously 1 hour ago ip banned device because I'm using my wireless network at home!

I have submitted tickets about being banned on mw forum, I have learned that I'm not actually banned, it appears you have banned Vodafone uk ip, when using four different devices at work, three banned, one on 02 network working. When I get home using my wireless network two of the previously banned devices have access again! I guess at some point you will block all network ip in uk then the forum only becomes accessible when at home, shame I love catching up with the scene on the go, is there no other alternative?

I'll look into this.

cooch
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Are you using Apple devices? have you downloaded 6.1 update? Apple is as unreliable in updates as MS, Adobe, and Oracle now.

The new update is creating havoc with many company servers for email. Many companies are now banning/locking out any apple devices into their IT systems and asking all employees that haven't made the mistake of updating to 6.1 not to until Apple fixes the problem.

Articles in business websites and IT websites discussing this. May be part of problem if it's a general device ban...either that or your company monitors activity and knows/realizes Gree forum is not work related!

Brummied
02-20-2013, 12:26 AM
My two devices (iPad, iPhone) are using 6.1 update, yeah I got email from Vodafone saying issues with 3G, no regress available, iPad shipped os 6.1, new iphone installed 6.1 while using restore iPhone. The other devices are work phones and think there running 5.1, from memory of the graphical differences, back there tonight so can confirm then. Cheers for the reminder I might squeeze some free airtime from Vodafone off the back of this :-)

Are you using Apple devices? have you downloaded 6.1 update? Apple is as unreliable in updates as MS, Adobe, and Oracle now.

The new update is creating havoc with many company servers for email. Many companies are now banning/locking out any apple devices into their IT systems and asking all employees that haven't made the mistake of updating to 6.1 not to until Apple fixes the problem.

Articles in business websites and IT websites discussing this. May be part of problem if it's a general device ban...either that or your company monitors activity and knows/realizes Gree forum is not work related!

Dudebot121256
02-20-2013, 04:30 AM

I have submitted tickets about being banned on mw forum, I have learned that I'm not actually banned, it appears you have banned Vodafone uk ip, when using four different devices at work, three banned, one on 02 network working. When I get home using my wireless network two of the previously banned devices have access again! I guess at some point you will block all network ip in uk then the forum only becomes accessible when at home, shame I love catching up with the scene on the go, is there no other alternative?I remember seeing this somewhere on the Crime City forums. I'll pull a link if I can.

Edit: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41869-IP-banned-but-not-forum-banned&highlight=wifi+banned%3F

Brummied
02-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks dude! I have a solution for tonight at least, work college has a three network wireless box :-D

I remember seeing this somewhere on the Crime City forums. I'll pull a link if I can.

Edit: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41869-IP-banned-but-not-forum-banned&highlight=wifi+banned%3F

Cookie Raider
02-20-2013, 05:58 AM
I`m having the same all the time.

And Im not anywhere near the Gatwick.

Brummied
02-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Issue fixed for me ta... No work for 5 days :-)