PDA

View Full Version : World Domination Official Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

CJ54
02-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey all,

What I'd like to do here is to make a place for all world domination feedback based on the last two events. I want to hear it, the devs want to hear it, we've made changed between the first and second events based on player feedback. Put it here, it will be seen.

I do ask that people keep it constructive; honest opinions either way are requested but keep it constructive (i.e. tell us what you'd like to see different). And please keep it relatively on-topic to World Domination and how we can make that more enjoyable for everyone.

I'll try to post replies as I can for things I know that we can/can't do but as always can't provide answers to every question.

-Chris

Captian Awesome
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Love the events! Is there any way we could see who is online?
And is there anything in the future to track donations?

manbeast
02-19-2013, 11:03 PM
reserved hehe spot for sale!

Stormchaser
02-19-2013, 11:04 PM
We use the ingame faction forum a lot during WD events. Would be nice to have a 'refresh' button there.

CJ54
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Love the events! Is there any way we could see who is online?
And is there anything in the future to track donations?

Online during the event, you mean?

Tracking faction donations is something we might be able to squeeze in; we have that info saved but I don't know how hard it would be to port that into the UI (separate leader/officer only tab, maybe?)

Selfproclaimed
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
1st- shorter time period. 4-5 days is simply too long. It loses its fun. 3 would be perfect.
2nd- 1 a month. Not every few weeks.
3rd- better bonuses. Lets face it, the amount of money factions are putting out to win these prizes, the bonuses are WEAK. I can't stress that enough.
4th- if changes are going to be made from one battle to another, at least let the players aware of the upcoming change beforehand. The change on amount of WD points a person can earn depending on level kind of screwed some of us. People prepared their gold expecting same type of gameplay as brazil. Then Greenland comes, and for some,they can't earn as many points as brazil because of their level. So it ended up being a high amount of wasted gold.

ochr0961
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
I would suggest having them only last 3 days (Friday-Sunday) as most of us work and these tend to be the best days for everyone.

Another would be an online page for the Entire battle listing everyone's factions and current points. It gets stressful going for that top 10 spot when we had about 5 of us that were all within 200,000 points of each other at times. So it would be nice to have a spot that we can see where everyone is at not just that 10 spot.

Another would be to be able to see who declares war as many of us get fed up when one single person ruins a plan by declaring early.

Haha another idea is to be able to see when and who in your faction is online to make sure you can get the best turn out for your battle.

Lastly I would like to add that 2 weeks between events is way to small. Give us time to get our lost troops back and build up our fortifications again.

Sorry that was so long,
Ozzy

CJ54
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
if changes are going to be made from one battle to another, at least let the players aware of the upcoming change beforehand.

Regarding #4 specifically (although all good points): we dropped the ball on that one this time due to informational bandwidth, last minute technical challenges, and a strong focus on making sure the big issues from the previous event were solved. I apologize for that. We're going to do our best to get pertinent info out asap, as has been general recent policy.

vorm
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM
The events are really fun, and you guys did a great job fixing a lot of the issues experienced on Brazil for this last one. My suggestions:

1) Both of the events were too long. Make them 2 or 3 days max. I know you are doing this.
2) Space them out more! 15 days till the next one is WAY to soon. Lots of players throw tons of their time and energy into them, and having them this often risk burning everyone out. Spacing them out longer allows for everyone to recover and it builds lots of anticipation and excitement for the next one and you lose all that if they happen all the time.
3) Also as has been said many times, make it where either only the leader and officers can declare war or have it show on the screen who declared it. It hasn't been much of an issue with my faction, but I know for others it has. Just takes one guy being a troll and going rogue or thinking it's funny to ruin everything for the whole faction.
4) Show stats for wall hits and Power Attacks. These are often valuable efforts to the faction and the players doing them need to have it show for them so that everyone knows they are doing their part.

Ryans67
02-19-2013, 11:22 PM
We need a dedicated email to report hackers, with a manned support staff 24/7. Restrict that address to a few people who are always helping to report actual hacks. Really just anything to get rid of the hackers FAST.

You did good with the SP hackers, but they just switched to inventory hacks. They would waste an hour of battle time, which could really haunt the borderline factions at the end.

Gambit12
02-19-2013, 11:34 PM
The WD event is fun & cool especially members are having a great time...

1. 2 to 3 days is good enough - 4 to 5 days is way too long & should be every other month - Every month is too stressful playing it
2. Arctic Mine Building should've been part in advertisement cause it's only stay for couple of weeks. Some had no chance on getting it cause of not much time on getting it. Is there a chance you guys can extend it or something..?
3. In game energy & stamina should be use in faction war...
4. You can only use 4 hits in full energy regen - is there a chance you guys can extend it to 6 or 8 hits..
5. Medi pack - should be only 10 gold not 25...

Edit: Higher level player WD pts is kinda low compare to lower level. They should be the same WD pts for every level player. Just make it for everyone please, thanks..!

Just my 3 cents...

asdfasdfasdf
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
See participation w/l vs total w/l that includes defense and offense wins losses.
A new stat on the profile that shows last WD event personal score, so you don't have to wonder anymore.
The ability to see a new requests profile before accepting them.
Still waiting on my unit from battle of brazil :).
Quicker regen times.
The ability to see your Wally's (walls, left the typo cause its funny) current health.
See an opposing players level along with allies.
Make faction battle wins and losses count for something.
Allow 5 sticky posts to be placed in faction forum (for like welcome messages and such).
Donation tracking.
Put cost of bonus under icon so you don't have to click into it to see how much it is.
Allow forts to be upgraded multiple levels in just one stab, having a user defined control, like money donations is done.
Have a "battle chat wall" that is active only during battles and all posts are removed afterwards.
Better support handling overall :)
iOS needs the ability to see faction rank
Have number of health packs bought next to WD points accumulated.
Have a new bonus that adds interest (very small) to the faction bank that accumulates over time.
Give leader the ability to redistribute faction funds to any faction player, besides himself.(probably impossible to pull off effectively, maybe only limited amounts can be drawn per day, which can be incremented through a new upgradable purchase.
Make officers have more abilities and purpose in a faction.

Jhenry02
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
CJ,

I'll start with

Negatives

A big one has to do with timing.
One of our members purchased a vault of gold to use for Greenland, he has yet to receive it!
Secondly those people involved in the bonus program 3 of our guys didn't get the bonus in time for Greenland.

Also, I am of the belief that the tiered system needs tweaking. Ie a top 1,2,3,25,50,100,250,500,1000, and 5000 would be nice. Because we spent so much gold and probably ended up in 30th place when we could have saved hundreds placed 90th and got the same prizes.

I currently think the prizes are alright, however like I said there is a large disparity between #26 and #100. This time around was almost 4 million points.

There is still visible info floating around about a top 42 faction. One of my goons sent in a ticket about it.

The big clamor around here is making it so only officers can declare war, we haven't had an issue with this, but I know others have.

The final complaint I have is with potential non working boosts; ie military boosts from units and faction military boosts not being visible.

Compliments

I am glad the team stat board worked this time. That was nice.

The premise of WD is great allowing for camaraderie and teamwork.

The prizes went out on the nose! Within hours of the events closing. Perfect!

We love that the points are not cumulative. A reset after each battle is preferred, otherwise PUN, ferr and SUper Faction would be 1,2 and 3 next event without even participating.

Strong work on actually asking for feedback

Suggestions

Also as a lot of people have said, it would be nice to be able to vet an applicant before allowing him entry. At least let us see his profile page and wall so that we know if he is qualified or a troll who spams that crap about free gold from being a dev.

Something else that would be nice would be some form of communication with the rival warring faction. I don't think a full open board would be a good idea, lots of cursing and unnecessary taunting, but maybe a board where one teams officers or leader could communicate with the other; maybe for a surrender or something.

Finally, what about some sort of VIP option for faction recruitment? Like for allies; pay 10-25 gold and get your factions name posted for an hour. Granted this would only be helpful if we had the ability to get applicant before allowing entry.

That's all I came up with. If you need me to expound upon any of these ideas feel free to give me a shout or a PM.

-J

Edit: For all faction leaders, you can assign vital game tasks to officers that do not require any programming changes. For instance some factions have a recruiting officer, a communications officer, a war chief, and a morale officer. Things that are done within the confines of the game and outside.

Cmputrgbln
What about a way to forfeit a war? Specifically to address wars started early by trolls. Maybe give the winning faction a bonus but allow the unprepared faction to withdraw instead of being locked in for an hour?

Also, include more forum like features in faction forum. The posts from our members was dropping off way too quickly as during each battle we have a lot of communications back and forth. Also, having 'sticky' topics will allow general notices and such to be read by all w/o having to keep reposting them. Lastly, being able to mass email (or even text message) members directly from within faction would be VERY useful. Perhaps limit this option to officers only.

And definitely ability to track donations would be a great plus. Currently it takes a lot of effort and time to track them manually via a spreadsheet...

CJ54
2. Arctic Mine Building should've been part in advertisement cause it's only stay for couple of weeks. Some had no chance on getting it cause of not much time on getting it. Is there a chance you guys can extend it or something..?

Cherry picking a point out of good points again: we want to do that but can't right now due to some kind of issue with the pop-up system (it is allergic to timers over here in MW). I'll ask about the plan going forward, but right now it is "limited time offer on themed buildings, get 'em while they're hot". The new Vault levels should help.

Gambit12
02-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Cherry picking a point out of good points again: we want to do that but can't right now due to some kind of issue with the pop-up system (it is allergic to timers over here in MW). I'll ask about the plan going forward, but right now it is "limited time offer on themed buildings, get 'em while they're hot". The new Vault levels should help.

Thanks CJ, but the new vault levels is way too long to upgrade. Oh well, but anyways thanks though...

JMC
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
1) Event should be 3 days like the PvP events.
2) Month delay between events minimum
3) Stamina should play a part in the event. Perhaps multiple stamina to do a single WD hit.

4) Refills should be cheaper or a full bar of health should net more hits. The event costs far too much. Free players and light gold players are next to useless because of this. Heavy gold players are getting ripped off on top of that. They could buy the equivalent in stats for much cheaper than how much gold is required for them to get a top 10 place. Yeah these stats are more concentrated into single units, but is someone going to get 2000 top 10/top 25 units? I don't think so.
The PvP event works out much better as free players and light gold can actually contribute a significant amount. This event needs to be re-designed so that the usefulness of lesser spenders is as great as they are in PvP tourneys.

5) New payout depending on level is absolutely ridiculous. Makes higher levels have to work harder to gain the same amount. Level 200s are constantly punished for being high leveled. What is the point in leveling if this is the case. There is no advantage from 101-200 so in that respect level should be irrelevant when determining one's worth in WD points.

6) If the level-related payout's intention was to get the attacks more spread out over the entire faction rather than concentrated on a single player, it failed. Instead of the weakest of all players being pummeled, it is now just every high level being pummeled. If you want to spread hits out then set a limit like in regular PvP. 20 hits on a single target then you must switch targets. Only difference will be that after 1 person drops a set of 20 on a player, another person can go drop another 20 on that same player, but not more. Heavy gold spenders can still get their 1000 hits in in a single war, they just have to fight and beat a greater variety of players to do it.

Ivanhoe
02-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Please let faction leaders track donations of members. It will save a lot of space in forums.
Also let everyone to see WD points on the stats page.

Jhenry02
02-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Guys it isn't that hard to track donations, use the external forum gree provides you. Takes me 5 minutes every day to track donations. It isn't that hard.
-J

lanemondo
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Guys it isn't that hard to track donations, use the external forum gree provides you. Takes me 5 minutes every day to track donations. It isn't that hard.
-J

Why create extra work for yourself if this can be done automatically?

AC⚡DC
02-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Hey all,

What I'd like to do here is to make a place for all world domination feedback based on the last two events. I want to hear it, the devs want to hear it, we've made changed between the first and second events based on player feedback. Put it here, it will be seen.

I do ask that people keep it constructive; honest opinions either way are requested but keep it constructive (i.e. tell us what you'd like to see different). And please keep it relatively on-topic to World Domination and how we can make that more enjoyable for everyone.

I'll try to post replies as I can for things I know that we can/can't do but as always can't provide answers to every question.

-Chris

I have sent 15 emails and no response so i am posting this here. I am the leader of the DOGS OF WAR.

We finished 3rd, 4th and 4th in the PVP events and 11th in Brazil .

We are complaining about the scoring system that has been created for Greenland. The changes are unfair and have been introduced and WITHOUT NOTICE.

The DOGS fought Brazil with 40 members and as you will see nearly averaged 230 points per hit.

The current scoring system is more advantageous to lower level players and disadvantages the high players.

We have come to this war with 50 players even more gold we are struggling to stay in the top 25. This scoring is absurd not to mention the hacking teams out there that you allow to play. We came to war built on our learning from Brazil looking to break the top 10 - our rightful placement. That event awarded more points to lower stat players - WHY ? How can you change the dynamics of the game without telling us.

The DOGS of WAR respectfully ask that the scoring given to this team has been affected by whatever is going on. Another glitch ?! If we're getting the same score ratio would be in top 10.

If you do not recognise this situation as being SERIOUS and disrespectful to the time, money and commitment placed into this game then we will resign. That is not a threat it's fact. To keep people motivated and playing while you leave no support or credible back up is unacceptable. We have fought hard and well . Gree has let us down. Investigate our score and undo this wrong.

Also- you cannot promise on the forum that war will be shorter and then throw in the hand grenade that its 5 days again. That is to much and you need to stand by your word.

Please provide a clear resolution to the issues I have cited. Our stats from B4B are attached for you to compare. This game is becoming more unenjoyable than fun. Please sort this out.

John - AC⚡DC

Ivanhoe
02-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Another nice thing to have is to lock faction members until prize distribution is completed.

lanemondo
02-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Couple of points:-

Better bonus for your PVP event. The unit sucked on both occasions

Better tiers for the even, 10th place, 25th place, 50th place (really needs to be in there)

We need to keep a running total of players scores after the event, I know we can record it manually blah blah blah but surely this info is available to have for leaders of factions as well as donations as someone asked

lanemondo
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Another nice thing to have is to lock faction members until prize distribution is completed.

Hey Ivan! Prizes were automatically given out this time

spitfire
02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
My major concern is the points system. In Greenland our faction noticed that if you are within level 70-100 and you were aiming for top ten, the people with lower levels gain anywhere between 330-450 WD points of course that is if you go against a higher level player that you can beat. If someone was at say level 83 and went up against a level 183, he can score major WD points but what if the player is at level 200 already? If this player hits people close to his level that he can beat, he wont get anywhere near 400 for WD points. This gives the higher level players a huge disadvantage and in the long run, instead of investing in our own accounts, you will see factions investing in their own team mates' account because the WD system is just garbage if you are a high level player. Please excuse my PG13 language but this is a major problem IMO. Your high end players already buy a lot of gold units to get their attack numbers up and with that, they will most definitely keep on attacking and leveling up. If this WD system continues the way it is now, either you will see people start camping to avoid leveling up or you will see people send itunes giftcards to their faction mates because they wont make that much of a difference or even worse, high level players will start to notice that the only way to win this would be to stay below level 100 and get your stats up and camp till WD OR spend 3 or 4 times more gold than those level 70-100 spend just to get 4 times the WD points they get.
This is my opinion, others might disagree with me but this is the second WD event. If you think of this money wise, you need to think what you CAN do to give people hope to even reach top 3.

Lets take PUN (Pirate United Nation for those new people here who dont know what it is) as an example. They have scored somewhere at 34M points this WD if I am not mistaken. Most of them are special ops level 157+. Based on the current WD system you have now I am guessing that each member of PUN had to score between 600-1M WD points each to get that many points. PJ aside, the rest of PUN will eventually level up and will be forced to spend 3-4 times the amount of gold they have spent in this event just to stay number 1 while other factions will have an advantage by buying gold units and stop doing map events to get higher loot prizes. This will stop people from clicking the 20 gold to get an energy refill and probably a 10 gold to stop raids and attacks cause they dont want to gain XP and level up. When more of these events start rolling, those guys will start making less points per battle and will be required to spend more and more gold each event while other factions below them with low level players that have high stats gain 3-4 times their points just by clicking the 25 gold refresh in the battle. So in reality, if this continues the way it is now, it would be pointless to participate in these events if it means higher level players have a major disadvantage and are required to spend way more gold just to survive around top ten.

I do not speak in behalf of PUN, I am merely using them as an example here. The same can be said to just about anyone in top 10. At this point you are probably wondering WTF is this guy on about, GREE wants the money, GREE is GREEd, all jokes aside, if this continues, top factions will start to lose interest in these events and the money for you wont be as good as it is now. If level 200 means you need to spend so much more to get those lovely prizes in WD events then fine lets do this, but in the meantime no PVP, no boss events, no crate events, nothing that requires gold for me. I will sit and do free attacks and free raids with no refills for stamina or energy refills cause if I level up, I am screwed. I just feel bad for the people currently in level 200 who are gaining 120-180 WD points while their faction buddies with in lower levels are making 336-450 WD points.

P.S - I am not level 200. I am just stating the obvious

Ivanhoe
02-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Hey Ivan! Prizes were automatically given out this time
Not for me :(

lanemondo
02-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Send a ticket in m8 u will get them

wowfiend1207
02-20-2013, 12:10 AM
A better point system or better expination of the current point system. Something like 100points if you att and win 150 if your attacked and win, straight across the board. Or lvl based like 5 lvls above you and a win is 100 point 10 lvls above is 110 point. You get the point

Jhenry02
02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Because it is easy and kind of fun. Even if there was a feature I'd still do my books every night.

Why make gree do all the work and potentially make an error in coding, that would take time to build or fix, time that could be better spent fixing real issues with the game.

I don't see it being that big of a deal to make a spreadsheet with everyone's names and just log their donations.

-J

LeBarticus
02-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Regarding the NEWS FEED: I know that there was the issue after the battle for brazil that players were getting attacked by higher levels.

Yet, while the news feed is entirely separate from WD events, I cannot see if I have been attacked during the event - how many times, by who, units lost, etc. After you get attacked and lose, the revenge button lets you scout out their stats. This can help a teams strategy. (Unless the team has all the same name, which should be illegal in the first place)

I sympathize with those who got pummeled after brazil, but I don't think we should all suffer from this.

During Greenland someone attacked me and dropped off 30k and there was no way of telling who it was.

IN SUMMARY have the news feed active during events and then just wipe it afterwards.

MAST3RNAT3R
02-20-2013, 12:17 AM
I would like to not be told after every battle that "the top 42 ranked factions will receive a grand prize" and then receive no such prize.
Also stop punishing high level players! First boss events and now getting next to no WD points just cause I'm a high level?!

Richie.
02-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Stats for attack/defence are not shown on android, so cannot report back to the rest of our faction who to hit.

TEG
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Thank you for fixing the sorting on the player stat list. You can press the column heading to sort. A little thing, but appreciated.

Thank you for awarding prizes almost at the moment the event ended. Speedy delivery is appreciated.

Yes, get rid of the "top 42 factions" message. That confuses a lot of people.

Please show actual faction rank on iPhone just as you do on Android.
We spent a lot of effort trying to guess what our actual rank might be.

Please continue to hunt down and eliminate players that have artificially boosted their stats.

Please don't penalize higher level players on WD points so much.

Please provide a mechanism for the faction to see who pushed the declare button.
Ideally it would show a history of all declares in a list. Alternatively, the "At war" splash screen could show the player name of the one who hit the button. (Teams with all the same name player will just have to be left in the dark like everyone else.)

HGF69
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Sort the 3 hits instead if 4 issues when pressing the attack again option.

Sort the WD points scoredfirhigher level players. It shouldn't be based on how much stronger you are based on level to score points, it should be based on A/D stats.

A leaderboard like the android players seein iOS. Or at least to know your own position from within your faction.

Shorter wars, three days max.

At least a month between wars.

Gree to listen to its customers and address the concerns they have openly without pretending that if they ignore issues like hackers, they will go away.

Generik79
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
1. Awesome change on forts damage.

2. We need to see what units and cash we are losing if and when attacked. On iPhone, ui is full screen and u can't see cash dropping. I wasn't over vault, but it happened. As for units, the Emperors cleaned me out of brigands! I only know because I checked before and after. But not knowing what units you lose is wild. I hope there's a solution.

3. Please explains how WD points are decided in offensive and defensive wins. Too much conflicting information. I don't mind hunting for opponents....with gold. But I'd like to know what to look for--from the source.

4. Faster regen: I would have bet 5 vaults you'd fix this and/or make refills cheaper---10 for 1/2, 20 for full or whatever. I was wrong.

5. Do something to head off "same name" workaround. We used it...whether I liked it or not. But I'm well past over it. Do you all really want to be doing all these name changes? Put it in app like the flag, but make it EXPENSIVE. 1000 gold or more. Just an idea. Yes it's strategic...but come on. Is this what we've come to in our chess match? Making the king, queen, and pawns all look like checkers?

6. Gold purchase errors: I had problems in both battles as did many, many others. Not with iTunes....with GREE's app communicating with iTunes. We paid some strategic prices because of it. Please fix whatever it is. I'm scared every time I buy a vault that ill be locked out.

7. Inventory hackers: I spent 450 gold on a faction with a level 1 wall. The DL had 4 million defense from 676 pounder tanks---his only unit. Others had 656 pounders. 250 pounders. Total joke. Cost me just to fish the team for screen shots to submit to GREE. Let's fix it.

8. View faction applicant stats in request screen---and write on their walls!

9. View whether a faction member is in game online. Should be simple.

10. Care less about donation tracking. Low, low, low priority.

11. Some short gold sales that reward active players on game A LOT...40% for 15 minutes. That type of thing. Randomly coming up. If its possible...it might drive more participation and time on your game.

12. Fix the epic bosses: it's on topic because we need strength in WD events. I don't mind spending gold to beat a boss. But not an le set worth! If you are over 150 level it's nuts. This is an easy fix. I don't mind if its too easy for Ferr and PJ. Make it doable for the rest of us.

13. Splash saying we are at war with X faction should say "y Teammate has declared war and you now face X faction." Or something similar. I like everyone being able to declare. But I want to know who did. Please! Not only will it cure your "auto declare" tickets, but some of my guys would be ecstatic to see their names on it!

Thanks!!

SlashRacer
02-20-2013, 01:09 AM

Please tell me how someone is suppose to purchase a "limited edition" item and donate to help their faction in a 30 day period? Non of the lower level people in a faction will ever get the limited edition items. The super factions will get even stronger, while everyone else falls further behind. Members in my faction do/will not spend real money to buy these items in my faction.

Battling once a month is too much. My faction has already voted to sit BfE out. You will find more and more factions dropping out. This is suppose to be the Super Bowl of events.

We need to be able to see who declared war during battle.

Col Matt
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
1. Event too long, Friday to Sunday would be perfect.
2. Need better bonuses, especially when people spend a fortune on gold.
3. Option for the leader to see who donates and regularly plays.
4. Sort out the factions whom suddenly get to over a million points as soon as the war starts. These guys are always going to win through cheating and not fair on other players who do not cheat!

procsyzarc
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
The basing points on level needs to go, if you want to reward risk taking make it on strength not level. This format has pretty much forced all but the golden army L200 to be worthless since we are targeted like crazy and loose 1000's of units in 3 days that we can never make up before the next event we will end up quitting especially when you couple that with the fact we can only score half as much per attack as lower level players as well as ruining our a/d we are a burden on the team since they are better off getting a lower level who can score more points.

If it is going to be on level should cap at L100 since after there level does not effect strength

357 233 166
02-20-2013, 01:21 AM
There should be top 42 prizes. I saw that on the win/lose panel after every battles. Please explain those. It is very misleading.

ohwhatafinish
02-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Our faction finished in the top 100 and had a full day off so a shorter time period would make more sense. And I understand totally that this is a business to you at GREE and you are here to make money so treat like a business. Build on what you have and are successful at, the greedier you become the more we become, your customer will find other places to play our games and spend money. 2 1/2 weeks between WD events is too short a time frame. If it was my business I would try my best to hold on to the customers that I have and find ways of generating new ones. Your business model at the moment is working the complete opposite to this method at the moment and needs to be changed.

Sakki
02-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Thank you Cj for the oppurtunity.

There has been great improvements since the battle of brazil.

some ideas I would like implemented are as follows;

1. Always consider everyone when making a decision, be it a free player or a heavy gold spender. Without the free players making active contributions, there will be no heavy gold spenders.

2. The prize tiers are way too messed up. I noticed someone mentioned this earlier. Its crazy to know that after spending a lot of time and energy as well as cash but fail to make it into say top 250 maybe got 252nd for example, you get the same prize with a faction that finished 998th. increase the tier, 1,2,3,10,25,50,100,250,500,750,1000,2000,4000. you may see it as a lot of prizes to give away, but it'll enhance competition and in turn you get more profit. Why would i want to settle for top 1000 if i can push for 750 or 500?

3.The added bonuses to the prizes should not favour only the top factions only, because in my opinion, you only make the strong stronger and the weak weaker... For example, instead of placing 30% casualty reduction as the first prize, you can add it as a bonus to a prize among the top 500 or 1000.

Using the BfE as an example, second place get 15% building upgrade cost reduction. Instead of this, why not give them a unit of high att/def stats with maybe 5% attack from wherever, then in another unit for maybe the EAF desert eagle, you can add the 30% casualty reduction. This way, while the top faction got the strongest prize, other lesser power houses get valuable additions for time, effort and money.

4. Viewing a player profile before accepting him.
5. tracking member bonuses.
6. Once a month WD
7. Also make a function to see members of your faction that are online at a particular moment.

Finally, the amount of hit per refill. Firstly It should be cheaper and definitely be more than four hits. Its simply ridiculous.

Stamina should/must count for something.

Thanks hope they are considered!

Camping Dave
02-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Stats for attack/defence are not shown on android, so cannot report back to the rest of our faction who to hit.

Big problem for us too and needs fixing before BFE, really disadvantages Android players/factions. As does the Composite factory STILL not working.

l1ster
02-20-2013, 02:16 AM
No one has mentioned the issue with the battles auto starting if you're viewing the points screen. We were unable to co-ordinate our battles at set times as they seemed to be starting constantly. I don't believe it was a rogue element within our faction but can't prove that of course - if it could display who started each war that would eliminate that issue.

Don't have much else to add that hasn't already been said other than to say thanks to CJ and the rest of the team - the improvements you have made since Brazil have definitely been noticed. Thank you :)

Ramshutu
02-20-2013, 02:57 AM
My main issue is that there are not really any tactics involved. Organisation and maths can help a little, but win/loss is solely determined by strength and gold.

Little features that the faction can buy or activate can help improve things a little:

- protection. Have the ability for a weaker player to be protected by a stronger players stats with limitations of attack.
- decoys. Decoy players or stats that you can buy. They can reduce or enhance visible stats or add a fake player that adds little or no wd.
- flanking. Like protection but two players attacking using their combined stats.
- jamming. Removes stats, ally count and names, for a random set of players for a short time.
- reinforcement. Using health points to boost the fort.
- suppressing fire. Double defense for short periods using health points.
- recon. Show levels on the screen.
- defense in depth. Multiple defense leaders, with decreasing strength of shields.

As well as this i think the following features would be useful:

- battle wall for war banter
- more visual feedback when waiting for an attack, like normal fight screens.
- direct link to faction forum from the fight page.

Mr t
02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
We really need a refresh button on our forum instead of logging in and out and in and out ....
Or autorefresh every 5secs would be awesome.

kyljoy
02-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Thank you for this thread. Lots of good ideas already said.

1) make more tiers, but only give up to three tiers of prizes per person. Make 1,2,3 a separate prize independent of the tiers. So top 10 would get 10, 100 and 250. If you got 1,2 or 3, you would get an additional item. If your team was 400th, you would get the top 500, 1000, and 4000 prize. If you were 990, you would get 1000, 4000 and 10,000 prize. The elimination of the 10,000 prize (which could be a 75/75 unit) means that small factions will need to merge with larger factions to be competitive.

2) donation tracker

3) wall hits tracker and our wall status tracker

4) cheaper refills for gold

5) I was one who bought a vault of gold and then spent it on crates instead of the WD event, because it was too costly to wage war. We took a fort down, and I was getting 120 WD points from my attacks. Find a way to fix the payout between high level and low level players in terms of points.

6) see who is online and an auto-update on the forum

7) see units lost when attacked by others. I did miss being able to scout the opposing team through our low-ally players' news feed. But I understand why this change was made.

8) fix spelling mistakes. Pharos? Rejuvination? Too funny. Thanks for making a top 500 prize though!

Mr t
02-20-2013, 03:36 AM
1 sec after the battle for greenland, the main tab with players stats disappeared! There was a close competition between our three top members, we don't even know who was first, second, third,.... The faction should have at least 1 day to check the scoreboard, to know who we must kick and who must be promoted! How can we see these personnal scores?

Hassleham
02-20-2013, 03:42 AM
1 - Make them shorter, 3 days is long enough.
2 - Make them less often.

Sandman77
02-20-2013, 03:58 AM
We agree with a lot of these ideas, especially:
1. Refresh button on the forum! Someone would post something at the same time as me and I wouldn't see it for 2-3 mins. Constantly having to log in and out.
2. Too much emphasis on level for WD points, I'd like to level down now please!
3. On the battle screen the opponents number of allies was often misrepresented?
4. I can't see what rank our faction is, that would be helpful.
5. Androids can't see stats of opponent after attacking.
6. The faction W/L and total points stats disappear as soon as the event is over right? Would like to still access them for a period of time from the WD screen.
Thanks!

Scarlet
02-20-2013, 04:03 AM
3 day events only
Pop up on who declared the war
A way to post on all faction members walls at the same time
Ability to see who is online

That would be great, thanks :)

doomnosee
02-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Feedback from me personally (not necessarily everyone in my faction!):

Positives
1. No major points losses - this was most important. well done!
2. In game list of faction member wins/losses now working - well done!
3. Prizes out on time - well done!

Negatives
1. No bonus for winning a fight. Already bored with trying to squeeze out the maximum number of points most efficiently. In Brazil we got excited and had huge fun during individual one hour fights, then we realised it made no difference whatsoever. Now it is beginning to feel like just more clickety click.
Constructive suggestion: Give double points, or extra static bonus if you win a fight. If this is difficult then award extra prizes/bonuses for factions with most wins or best win/loss ratio.
2. Still very upset about lack of communication from you/gree regarding major points loss in Brazil, including to my pm to you which remains unread and unacknowledged. We followed your instructions, sent screenshots (as requested) showing separate battles totalling more than our final awarded points. I also have screen shots (with event timers) showing our total to have dropped over a 12 hour period. Only feedback from one member here (who seems to be unofficial gree spokesperson) saying get over it and we can't add up, we are wrong/gree is right. You asked for feedback regarding last two battles, here it is. Constructive suggestion: acknowledge there was a problem (which now seems fixed), apologise for the problem in first battle, give our faction members a gold refund or award relevant top 100unit from Brazil.

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 04:13 AM
I think most people have covered everything that I wanted to say but the B4G was a much smoother event than B4B, so congratulations on working hard to make it happen. Also, thank you for this feedback thread. It shows you are listening to us and trying to fix the issues in the game with each event.

One thing I did notice is that B4E starts on the 7th March - 10th March and that is 4 days, whereas you promised 3! I hope this is incorrect on the in-game WD page.

Also if you will have the WD event with only a 16-17 day gap between the end of one and the start of the next, then don't be surprised if not all factions take part in all of these WD events. A 23-24 day gap between WD events is much more acceptable.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

GuyInLobsterSuit
02-20-2013, 04:15 AM
* 3 days is more than enough

* 25 gold 4 hits total rip off, maintain parity 2 gold 1 hit 10 at a time.

* Per above 4 free hits blows givem at least 10

Ghost614
02-20-2013, 04:24 AM
I think that we should have different reward levels. Im in a faction that is ok. But having prize levels from top 1000 to 4000... after we realized we werent making it to the top 1000 we kinda gave up. I think that it would be good to give even the weaker alliances something to go for to make it to the top. Thats all.
Thanks

kyzeta700
02-20-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm sure these have been covered:
1. Reward the winning faction at the end of each war with a little perk. Perhaps 50% battle health?
2. Only officers should be capable of declaring war.
3. Of course shorter event length, Friday to Sunday.
4. Auto refresh forum would be nice.
5. Having a donation log for the faction would be great and is much needed.
6. Don't remove the individual WD stats as soon as the event ends. Give us some time to look over how each person did so that there is no dispute.

BFG went much more smoothly than BFB. Looking forward to BFE in a way but it's too soon. Like everyone I would love to have this limited to a weekend. We were doing great Friday to early Monday since a lot of people had Monday off. Then late Monday and Tuesday morning we watched our ranking fall due to our members having to go to work or school. Would have liked to have seen a top 500 reward. Thanks for getting the rewards and winners list out so fast.

Hope this helps,
Eric

markus
02-20-2013, 05:16 AM
I know that you have answered this before but what determnes the amount of points a player will get when attacking another player during a wd event. Is it player level, attack strength, ally number.any info would be appreciated as we are all new players and trying to figure this out.
Modern war name: markus id# 726252346
Regarding #4 specifically (although all good points): we dropped the ball on that one this time due to informational bandwidth, last minute technical challenges, and a strong focus on making sure the big issues from the previous event were solved. I apologize for that. We're going to do our best to get pertinent info out asap, as has been general recent policy.

mickymacirl
02-20-2013, 05:31 AM
CJ,

Faction Bonuses do not work, 75% extra cas reduction, does not work. Please fix or change the top bonuses to units, not Faction Bonuses.

Thanks.

Arizona
02-20-2013, 05:39 AM
An immediate ban on this constant name changing. It should be a level playing field as much as possible. A players statistics should determine their ability not whether you go along with a policy you disagree with.
A bonus; support would have more time from legitimate issues.

It's all a dream
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Cj,

WD event is brilliant. makes game play even better.
However given most of us have RL 48-72 hours is absolute max for each Country Battle. Keep in mind that you guys introduced this in CC and KA as well.

Also keep enough time between Country Battles, 2 weeks is to short.

Further:
- show how long the LT Buildings are available.
- give possibility to have psychological warfare with the opposing faction, by means of contacting them.
- show who is online in member list.
- twice it happened that after two power hits against the def. leader, he got half his health back. Fix this please.
- let us remove players during battle.

tnx
Dream

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-20-2013, 05:49 AM
My biggest issue is with the constant crashing with android devices. It's been happening for a long time, during Brazil, it was fixed a few days before Greenland (Yay!), but then the new dataset that was pushed just after the start of Greenland made it reappear again instantly. This cripples the ability of a player to score points when you spend more time waiting for the game to reload than you do actually fighting.

Also android needs to see the same information ios does on the battle result screen regarding the stats. This would help us out a lot in and out of the WD events.

Time between WD events should be at least 4 weeks. We all love the game, but these events are draining and we need time to recoup. I know we choose whether we want to play or not, but doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 05:51 AM
- twice it happened that after two power hits against the def. leader, he got half his health back. Fix this please.

Happened to us as well and in the end it took 10 Power Attacks to eventually take the DL shield down. This was in our last battle right at the end of the war. Maybe the server was overloaded?

It's all a dream
02-20-2013, 06:01 AM
hey Dutchie, wow thats wasting your hits :(

could be, but in our cases it wasn't the last battle, once on sunday and once on tuesday. At least those were the ones im aware of.

Ssne
02-20-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm sure parts of this were said already so I may be echoing some of the comments, if so you will know that those comments have really strong support ;-)

1. Shorter event - 48 hours is perfect IMO.

2. Bigger time lag between events (once a month max).

3. A different paid-for currency (not gold) for the refills with much better $ to currency ratio, or a stamina-based system with gold refills. It would be far more fun for the players, and although maybe not quite as lucrative for Gree as it has been so far, but I would submit that current spending levels by your customers cannot be sustained over time. Maybe by the very top who are essentially unlimited, but factions 25-100 will not sustain it.

4. Bonuses for the top 10 and top 25 prizes have been pretty weak given the level of spending required to get those. I have a top 25 prize from Brazil (bonus is +1% alliance attack) and I'm not even sure what that does...certainly there has been no noticeable difference in my stats. I don't really care about the prizes for top 3 personally as I won't see those but casualty reduction and cash boost are completely useless for those groups. A president of Egypt, VP Egypt, Senator Egypt prize with uber-stats would be much more attractive.

5. YOU NEED A TOP 50 PRIZE. This is such an easy one and a no brainer for you guys. My faction this time around was hanging around 40-50 and we coasted to 80th or so as it was crazy expensive to go for 25th and the 25th prize was weak (see point #4 above). Basically we didn't fight the last 24 hours or so as there was no point to it.

6. Faction bonuses must must must work and be visible. We are dropping a billion cash on some of these things with no difference in stats.

7. Please put an expiry date on the special buildings so we know how long we have to acquire them.

8. Lastly, do away with the walls/forts. Collecting the bricks is painful and tedious, and there is no big advantage to having L10 walls vs. L9 or L8 walls...a couple of hits or so. Let's just fight.

Thanks CJ

SGT Rud
02-20-2013, 06:07 AM
While I tried to read everything that was already covered, there was a lot to bring up. I think the key points are:

1.) Being able to communicate with the opposing faction, whether it be only officers and leaders, or everyone. Have a specific forum added into a tab just for that battle, and when its over, it is deleted.

2.) A tab on the faction forum that tracks donations from players to see who gives what. You could also put the who declared war info here, and who added who to the faction. It should also have a refresh button or an auto-refresh of 1 minute or 2 minutes. There should also be a button on here where you can send a message to all faction members pages at once, or have the faction forum feed pop up in a players news feed.

3.) A way to track our health regen after the battle. Nobody was sure what our health was at and whether it was a good time to declare war again. Perhaps a 50% regen bonus if you win the battle.

4.) There was a large percent of players who want to make it where only officers and leaders can declare war.

5.) The ability to remove inactive players from the faction between battles, and the ability to see who in the faction is online. Also the ability to view a players profile prior to accepting them into the faction.

6.) A section in the forum tab where you can look up previous battles by each faction we played. The ability to have a button on the WD page for a direct link to the faction forum page, then when you close it, you go back to the WD page.

7.) A log on the players profile where we can look up past history of win/loss and points from a WD event.

8.) An area within the faction page that tracks wins/losses during a PvP event. After the event ends, the stats here can be reset for the next event.

9.) A count down timer on the building selection block that tells us how much longer that special building will be available for. As these buildings are usually WD event buildings, just putting the WD event timer on it would be nice.

10.) Having some sort of a point bonus for those teams that win a battle and a loss deduction for those that lose. It has also been debated about losing money from the faction pile for a lost fight during a WD event vs the players pile.

11.) Some faction leaders would like the ability to donate some money from the faction to key specific players who are losing units and need to build back up.

Agent Orange
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi CJ, btw thanks for fixing a lot of issues we had with first event such as the delay in getting prizes out!

Hiding the attacks in the news feed really does help factions with really low stat members, I know some may not have found it popular but in the big picture I think it helped.

Name changing should become a feature within your profile, would take a big load off of support.

One change that I wasn't thrilled about was the change in the way WD points were awarded, high level players were penalized I think too much. I stopped using gold because it was not cost effective to only score 1/2 to as little as 1/3 the points of other lower level faction members who were attacking the same rival in battles. I also wound up sending in a ticket asking for a refund. Others were finding they only got 3 hits and not 4 on a refill myself included.

I think you folks ran something that killed off a number of hackers, if so thank you! Should have been easy to target the blatant ones and think we need this to run again in any future battles as this was a real problem for some.

Time frame of battles, way too long still. I noticed by day 4 many players had walked away. Should be 3 days at most!

Time frame between battles, shortening may seem like a good idea to make more income for Gree but the long term effect is that those spending big bucks will get fed up and quit.

Recover times between battles, I had thought that the health recover boosts for factions would effect this, but it appears not to or is broken. In any event wait times seem excessively long and refills with gold to small. It's a battle not a contest to see who can watch paint dry the longest....

Overall, a great effort to fix a lot of the issues that we found in BfB but we really need to address the battle length and timing before you start loosing your customers.

TYR_Rune
02-20-2013, 06:12 AM
My Feedback:

- Please reduce the event duration to just 2-3 days.

- Top-50 alliances should have a prize. (Its UNFAIR for rank-26th and rank-100th having the same prize)

- Once an alliance (like PUN) reached 3 consecutive first-place status, that alliance must be given heavy penalty to prevent it from securing their 4th first-place status..(No alliance must be allowed to monopolize the game).. Penalty removed on its 5th event and reset all over again.
My suggested penalty: WDpoints / 3 = only 1/3 of their total WDpoints can be honored. Ex. 15,000,000 total WDpoints / 3 = 5,000,000 honored WDpoints.

- Constant update of WDpoints during WD event is great. But we need more info. We need a constantly updated place(ranking) awareness in both PvP and WD events (including the score). We need to know our place/ranking and scores including at least 5 factions below and above us.
We need to know who we are trying to surpass (and their score) and we need to know who are trying to catch up with us (and their score).

Thanks.

Milspec1
02-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Events are too close together
No support or fixes were present during the event
Most Android users I know were crashing after day 1 constantly
Myself I could get 2 sets of attacks in then crash, slowed me down, cost me points (they were not reocrded), would have spent more if I wasn't having problems
We got matched with PUN who had 2 x the # of members all ranked twice as high as us and had 8x the points we did, we got ****d and my crew lost alot of units and cash.. matching needs to have some brackets or parameters set where it won't go outside them period
Not having 40% kept many of my faction from buying gold at all, and many from buying more on the last day, your loss as well as kept me from stocking up

Suggestions:
How about making power attacks which use 4 health also generate 4x points, to make those who are high spenders/attackers more efficient, might net you guys even more money if we can attack faster
Maximum 48 Hours
40% off pre-event
Never hold an event where full staff & developers won't be available for immediate fixes.
More communication from Gree pre-event and during
You need to deal with hackers, the obvious way 1st step would be skill point hackers, easy to scan for
FIX it so Android users can see opponent stats like ios users can
You must make a casualty rate adjustment during events, lower end guys in factions get so shredded they could not even play anymore by the end

Good job:
On instant prize distribution (only accolade for this event)

Jaebee
02-20-2013, 06:28 AM
One thing I did notice is that B4E starts on the 7th March - 10th March and that is 4 days, whereas you promised 3! I hope this is incorrect on the in-game WD page.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Hey Dutchie,

7th-10th is a three day event (noon on 7th to noon on 10th), the 8th will be one day, 9th - 2 days, 10th -3 days.

NakedCherryPie
02-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Top faction should get a mega-stat unit. I prefer a pirate ship.

wwwait
02-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Everyone made some great points, so I won't bother repeating the good ones...

Is there a possibility that at the end of the event, they can show us a results screen with a list of all wars and WD points for each side, with a total at end so we can see who we fought and how many WD points we earned in each battle? This would end the debate for missing points and point miscalculations as it would show at end and would be hard to dispute excluding major bugs (and I wouldn't have to do this annoying screenshot bookkeeping for my faction)

(something like this? this is the first line- it repeats down to last war fought and has total on bottom)

<our points> <our faction> <won/lost vs> <enemy faction> <their points>
<total WD points earned>

GeekKid101
02-20-2013, 06:57 AM
But it was too long, and didn't like that they got rid of the top 500 spot. Glad they added back for the Egypt battle. I think that factions should be paired more evenly though. if a faction is a heavy gold user pair them up with heavy gold users.

aether100
02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
1. Higher WD points for hitting wall and command center OR do not match factions that can't even defeat one rival in the other faction

2. No more two in a row fights against the same faction (OH NO not PUN again!)

3. Level 200 players (higher players) got half as many points as everyone else. Consistent and fair point structure for all.

4. A way to surrender Or one nuclear bomb per WD event for an automatic win

5. Have a bonus 1000 points for a win so it means something.

6. Better or more units for top factions ( they spend a lot and deserve better units)

7. Some people were targeted and had over 8k loses . Have some casualty reduction for WD

8. More then 4 hits per full health . 6 hits total for an hours work just doesn't seem worth it.

9. Fix the 3 hits from a medapack and compensate those who lost 25% out of each gold reset. if I bought a box of twinkies and only got 75% I would be compensated by the store.

10. 3 days!!!!! Or less make it on a weekend and no less then 30 days apart.

Kot
02-20-2013, 07:30 AM
1. Reduce duration to 48hours.

2. 4 weeks time lag between events.

3. More and bether prices.

4. Faster support answer.

5. Fix all bugs before new events.

6. Only faction leader and officers can declare war.

7. A donation list.

8. For every 10th faction you should get one indistructible Iow unit ..

9. We should be able to kick out member during war.

10. See who is online at the members list.

11. I want to see all members total wd points after a war event.

12. Fix the 3hits from a medpack problem.

13. Always got dobble points when wall is down.

14. The helth regen takes to long.

AK

Col C Smythe
02-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Well,

Everyone has a lot of good points in the preceding sections. I will try not to reiterate.

1. Much better than BFB
2. Bricks - with extra long BFG event and short time between for BFE event bricks have defnitely become problematic. Consider a building purchase to manufacture bricks with upgrades for either number of bricks per hour or reduce number of hours for bricks. Please don't make it a "one" brick thing. some like Level 1 building produces 50 bricks in 6 hours
3. Bricks (part 2) - in absence of a building for bricks, at least increase the drop rate.
4. Bricks (part 3) - Please don't insult those that use gold in the chest events by awarding them 1 brick when they open a chest. Make it a decent amount, like 200, 300, 500 bricks and so forth
5. Bricks (part 4) - Put bricks on scratchers similar to above on chests, like 200, 300, 500 bricks and so forth
6. Bricks (part 5) - Have a purchase bricks option for game cash, NOT gold
7. Forum board refresh would be great, but a Chat ot IM function would better.

Something controversial, but would make the WD events more compettiive in the long run would be to reverse levels of awards since they are cumulative anyway. That way lower placing can get the units and bonuses they need to be more competitive. Example: lower factions need things like health regen increases, attack increases, and stronger units. if this is reversed, then lower levels become more competitive and top levels will still get those bonuses anyway. Otherwise, after about the next 2-3 WD events no one will have a remote possibility of challenging the top 25 factions. Human nature being what it is, participation will tend to drop off dramatically and motivation for those who don't normally get gold will go away completely. The real competition right now is Top 100 and Top 250. Top 25 may have a little variance, but Top 1-3 is set and unlikely, if ever, to change without giving factions below them some competitive step up.

In the alternative consider a Top1-25 handicap by either boosting WD points for lower Faction attacks, or reducing points for those top 1-25. Such as Top 1 gets a 50% point reduction, Top 2 gets a 40% reduction, and so forth to top 25th place. Similar to golfing handicaps.

Our Faction did quite well utilizing good teamwork, but as time goes on, the strong will be so strong there will be no motivation to try. There must be some possibility to one day to break into the top ranks, without that possibility the interest and desire to spend real money will go away. That goes through all the ranks. Top 5000 would llike to get to top 1000, top 1000 want to get into top 250, and so forth. There needs to be that possibility.

In this last event, we had members who had never bought gold, much less considered buying gold, actually buying gold to help the faction compete. We had to tell them how to do it. so that is a good thing for Gree. If they can't prevail and climb in WD ranks, why buy the gold. That's a bad thing for Gree.

Health purchases go along the same lines. Since this is only an hour as opposed to the Boss two hour cycle, even at 20 bars for health, it is still twice as expensive as the Boss. If you want to leave it at 25 bars, give 6-8 health hits for purchase. First can stay 4 hits, but gold buys 8 hits. Conversley, lower price for 4 hits to something like 10-15 bars. again, this helps motivate traditional non-gold players to buy gold for these events. Again, good for Gree.

Last thing for those of us spending real money on this game is for Gree to go out of business, then we all lose.

The above points are not meant to be a hit on the top winning ranks, they worked their factions, spent their money, and gained their places. But I even think they would want some competition. More challenging and fun that way, otherwise it will get old real quick.

One last point, I cannot speak for anyone else but my own personal experience with the Gree support people. Other than them being grossly overloaded with tickets at time, I have absolutely no complaints with their service and problem resolutions I have submitted. They have my compliments.

Sinner
02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
1st. Only allow officers to declare war
2nd. 3 day war (to long and effects work as is to long)

And a question : during fvf are your boost buildings used or only the faction boosts ?

Stellaman
02-20-2013, 08:14 AM
CJ it seems there is soo much to still figure out/fix regarding WD events. Just to throw something else out there, will you guys get the feature that is supposed to let us "tap" on a prospective member on the "requests" tab to view "additional information", fixed?

Mad
02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
We need a dedicated email to report hackers, with a manned support staff 24/7. Restrict that address to a few people who are always helping to report actual hacks. Really just anything to get rid of the hackers FAST.

You did good with the SP hackers, but they just switched to inventory hacks. They would waste an hour of battle time, which could really haunt the borderline factions at the end.

If a faction is caught with a hacker in it, then that faction should be completely disqualified from the event. This will force faction leaders and officers to police their own factions.

Klee
02-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Rewards need to be bigger. No more invisible bonus we can't see. Reward the top 3 with Gold 60k, 30k, 15k.
Make it worth the time and expense

Web323
02-20-2013, 08:38 AM
1. 3 day event
2. 1 month between battles
3. FIX THE SCORING SYSTEM: wasted a ton of gold to score 80 points because of level.
4. No more invisible prizes

mistergreen
02-20-2013, 08:41 AM
I would suggest having them only last 3 days (Friday-Sunday) as most of us work and these tend to be the best days for everyone.

Another would be an online page for the Entire battle listing everyone's factions and current points. It gets stressful going for that top 10 spot when we had about 5 of us that were all within 200,000 points of each other at times. So it would be nice to have a spot that we can see where everyone is at not just that 10 spot.

Another would be to be able to see who declares war as many of us get fed up when one single person ruins a plan by declaring early.

Haha another idea is to be able to see when and who in your faction is online to make sure you can get the best turn out for your battle.

Lastly I would like to add that 2 weeks between events is way to small. Give us time to get our lost troops back and build up our fortifications again.

Ditto on these as well as a better way to track donations.

Sgt Z 0311
02-20-2013, 08:47 AM
We need to see the FULL leaderboard, especially for teams from 4-25, and their scores.

Also agree with other suggestions, like 48 hour events. Although playing the game is a matter of choice, the game is starting to feel like a job and something compulsory, rather than relaxing fun. It's really a personal issue, and I think that people should learn to control the game vs. having the game control them.

Ozzeh
02-20-2013, 08:51 AM
First Off enjoyed the event.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not becasue I didn't read through all the post to many...

1. Android users need to be able to see A/D after attack. iOS was able to see a players defense after attack Android was not made it very hard to communicate to others who could take advantage.

2. The WD points system could maybe go off of Total attack vs Total defense the closer they are the better the points that would fix the points system to make it fair for all levels. Just like PvP someone who has 10K def and is attacked by 11k tend to get more "Battle Points". Hopefully that makes sense. :)

3. Set a 2-3 hours time frame for prize distribution so teams can get rid of non-participants/dead weight that didn't participate so they don't get rewarded.

All I can think of right now besides he obvious everyone else has already touched on. Overall much better than Brazil!

mikebarth1955
02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I play with both an Android account and an iOS account, and they are inconsistent. Examples:
* I can see actual attack/defense points with the iOS, but not with the Android.
* When I tap on the power attack button, it tells me how long until I get full health regeneration in iOS (which means I can tell how much health I actually have), but in the Android I get the time until the battle ends.
* The timers show different stuff

I fought a low level faction-of-four this time around, and my Level 60 LLP scored more points than my Level 180 HLP. the average points per hit for four players at different levels was:
HLP(180): 94
LLP1(60): 143
LLP2(30): 150
LLP3(10): 178
If I had known that you were going to change the scoring, I would have bought gold in the lowest level accounts. I like that there is a differential, depending on who you hit, but it seems kind of lame to have such low points for the HLP's relative to the LLP's. Still, it was a better system in Greenland than in Brazil.

Have you ever thought about having "leagues" or something similar to how American football operates? There is a championship between the two professional leagues (The Super Bowl); there is a championship for the top college teams (NCS); there is a championship for NCAA-II (or whatever it is called these days); there is a championship for high schools; and so on. You are already almost there anyway, given the prizes for Top 4000, Top 1000, Top 100, Top 25, Top 10, etc. I would think that factions would like to designate which tier that they want to compete in. Just a thought, but it would assuage some people's fears about who they get paired up against.

A method of communicating faction members without having to jump in and out of the faction screen would be nice. You have four tabs in that sheet already -- Main, Battle List, Leaders, and Rewards. I don't need the rewards constantly, but I use the other stuff. A tab with a communications block like you find in the faction link would be nice.

I would like seeing the rival faction members by level AND allies better than just having an ally count, but on the other hand, I kind of like the ambiguity. Don't make it too easy.

There should be some way of directly reporting hackers and glitches that don't require a response. I send in hacker reports when I run across them, and I don't expect a reply from GREE, although I get one (eventually) and they all say the same thing. I already assume you got it, so I don't need an acknowledgement or a reply.

Similarly, there are glitches that pop up that I want to pass along to the developers, but I don't need a reply. For example, I ran into three different error popups when I targeted certain players in the other faction: (1) "Not In Faction (You must be a member of a faction to participate in a World Domination event)", (2) "Server Error (Updating event data)", and (3) something that kept popping up in Android that said something to the effect of "unknow error" in capital letters. Those occurred when targeting specific players, but I could hit others, so I figured it was either something you were doing on your end or some kind of glitch. I sent something in, but I don't really need a reply to things like that, I just want to let you know that errors are occurring.

In a number of the wars my low-level faction engaged in, nobody on the other side attacked back. I didn't know if it was a glitch or not, but it would have been something that I would have wanted to make you aware of. That is, if there is something snake-bit about my account, I would want it fixed, even if it was helping me rather than hurting me. These are the kinds of things that I don't really want to clog up the help/support system with because people have real problems, but it is the kind of thing I would want to share so that you can make the game work better.

Instead of only having Win and Loss, could we have Win/Loss/Wall( or command center)? I did not hit a lot of walls, but I want to be able to keep track of what happens when I do. In Brazil I was part of a larger faction, and that faction hit a lot of walls. I think we should be able to keep track of the damage done and/or the points garnered from that activity, so the "Record" column in the Main tab could read something like "W: 100 L: 10 Other: 15" indicated 15 wall hits or other non-PvP activity.

You gotta do something about the hacker nonsense. There has to be a swift resolution to that sort of thing or it will kill this game. Can you imagine playing a football game where the referees don't throw any penalty flags? It turns into something other than a football game very quickly, to the delight of the cheaters and the disgust of EVERYONE else.

elangomatt
02-20-2013, 09:06 AM
My suggestions are just regurgitating what everyone else has said, but here they are:

1. 48 hour event time. Even 72 hours is too long I think (and I won't even speak of 96 or 120 hour events).

2. Minimum of 4 weeks between world domination events. Maybe make it start on the last Friday of every month or something.

3. Make it so we can see what we are losing during the event. I'm sure that I lost at least a few units even though I wasn't a punching bag at all, but I have no idea why units I was losing.

4. I think the 4 hits per health refill is pretty silly. Before Brazil I was assuming that our attacks would be connected to our stamina since we were basically doing PVP, but it seems... weird... for it to be a health bar like what we use for Boss events.

mistergreen
02-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Another change I would love to see is to allow one building upgrade per type, (i.e. one boost building, one money building, one unit building and one defense building at a time). So you could have 4 buildings upgrading at once but only one of each type.

GeekKid101
02-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Another change I would love to see is to allow one building upgrade per type, (i.e. one boost building, one money building, one unit building and one defense building at a time). So you could have 4 buildings upgrading at once but only one of each type.

Great idea!!! Hope is implemented.

HenryVIII
02-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up, but:

I, and MANY others would think a battle forum be implemented where you can chat with the opposing team!!!
Gree would make a killing because of the smack talk and nobody would want to lose. :-) just a thought.

This would be incredibly fun!! And get a chance to talk with other members.

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Hey Dutchie,

7th-10th is a three day event (noon on 7th to noon on 10th), the 8th will be one day, 9th - 2 days, 10th -3 days.

Thanks Jaebee! I need to go back to basic maths classes ;P

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 09:37 AM
2. The WD points system could maybe go off of Total attack vs Total defense the closer they are the better the points that would fix the points system to make it fair for all levels. Just like PvP someone who has 10K def and is attacked by 11k tend to get more "Battle Points". Hopefully that makes sense. :)

I like this point and makes it fairer for all the players regardless of their level and it would require proper intel during the actual battle.

mikebarth1955
02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
I just looked through the winners list and found my faction and the points listed in the posting by CJ don't match up with what is on the splash screens in the game. In-game shows 60,350 and the list shows 59,943. That's not a big difference this time around, but during Brazil the difference for my faction actually was material: the difference between Top 100 and not Top 100.

It undermines confidence when the point totals don't match, and it must indicate that something on the GREE end still needs fixing. My game is still showing 60,350 but the winners list shows less, and they should match exactly.

It is only 457 points, and it does not make a difference one way or another for me. But it might for someone else.

If I was #11 or #26, I would not be that worried because the difference is hundreds of thousands of points between them and the next team (and the next prize) up. If I was #101 (East Coast Elite, only 2,765 out of Top 100) or #251 (Texas, who was only 309 points lower than #250) or #1001 (Starting Over, out of the Top 1000 by only 17 points), then I would be wondering where the totals are coming from.

Bearcreek
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
This time around was much better than the first. But now we will know which 10 teams will always be in that number one spot. I dropped 60 bucks on gold this time around and much if my faction did as well. Did not even come close to breaking the 250 mark. How in te game (pvp) events can I see the defense of a player before I attack them but not in this battle? Also if some one has 135 allies how do they have 56,000 in defense points? Might want to look into that.

Admiral Farragut
02-20-2013, 10:15 AM
A couple things bother me so far,

I spent gold to max out spec ops earlier than would have naturally occurred and yet I still cannot purchase the valor unit that comes with that honor

I busted my butt to get to level 200 for respect as much as experience, but now I am basically cut off during boss events at level 8.....really? Level 8? There's 35 levels.....I'm not investing a small fortune for one unit with no additional perks...

The WD point issue has been beaten like a dead horse, so yea....

The lack of 40% discount this war.....I'm not a cheapskate but some people really want to compete in these events and just cannot afford it, it's a game, it should be affordable to more than a select few....very little revolves around the time put in and more on the money spent....

I agree that the pvp prizes should be tiered and stronger, I spend a lot of gold during those events for a mediocre unit...

Figuring out who declared war is a must, right now the system doesn't hold anybody accountable...

Also, iOS users should be able to see what place their faction is in during war, if you have it for one system and not the other, how is that a balanced playing field....we blew a lot of gold to ensure we finished top 25 and turns out we didn't have to because we were sitting at 20th.....

There's a bunch more that I won't list but basically I think the top players, top levels and top time invested, should be rewarded and not punished.....why does a person who is level 120 and attack of 55k have a ground unit worth 2100 attack (and got it using free hits and in game cash) and myself, level 200 with 150k+ attack can't get past level 8 without blowing gold? Where's the incentive?

Erkensang
02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
i saw and heard something about the top 42 factions receiving an extra prize if so what is it and when are we supposed to get that?

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 10:26 AM
i saw and heard something about the top 42 factions receiving an extra prize if so what is it and when are we supposed to get that?

It was from the WD Beta program and GREE haven't updated this particular screen yet. You can ignore what you heard and saw because there is no extra prize and you will never receive one either for the top 42.

Vegaman
02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi CJ.. I thought this war was a 100% better. It all worked and a few of us in our faction spent £500 each as we had fun. We have not spent on gold before.... I understand why the Egypt is only 2 weeks away because the 1st war was delayed and the knock on to Greenland. I'm guessing it'll be monthly after this one.

We all use the faction forum a lot. Some are setting up external forums as the existing is so limited. Please make a war forum that can run on a tab within the battle screen. You could use the rewards tab? It is not user friendly coming in and out of the battle section to open the faction section and then access the forum. Most teams use the forum to communicate to members who to attack or who/what to focus on in the wars.

The main faction forum needs to be bigger. (Be able to hold 200/300 posts before they drop off). In large factions messages etc get lost quickly if the forum is busy.

Lastly a section for leaders messages only. It is a real pain posting on 40++ individual players walls so they see a vital instruction or goal for the faction. I find some members outside the wars may not login for 24 hrs and many won't bother to scroll down the forum posts... So a dedicated leader only message board would save hours or repetitive posting.

IN SUMMARY:
BIGGER FACTION FORUM HANDLING MORE POSTS
IN-BATTLE WAR FORUM USING THE REWARDS TAB FOR EXAMPLE. USED ONLY DURING THE WARS
LEADER MESSAGE BOARD SEPARATE TO FACTION FORUM.

As said well done. 100% improvement and got us spending for the first time.

Tuke
02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi

I put this here because it started with those artic mining rigs. I could build one of these rigs, when it complited my acount went haywire....
Now i havent been able to build anything.... i have sented ticket in few weeks ago and got no reply. This why i missed second rig and will miss all next buildings because of this.

Hope this will get fixed?

Ticket 367013

Some aditional details. -When i go to faction screen 1 time it gives server error message, 2 time it goes trough with no hickups. - When i try to move buildinds it gives unknown error message, but when i quit the game and restart buildings is where i moved it. - And all events sometimes give unknown error message when i am on event screen, even if i dont do anything. - And offcource i still cant build anything. - People are now back in to maps.

Tryed 4 times now uninstall and reinstal but problem stays.

Brady
02-20-2013, 10:42 AM
If your faction finished 4000+ is there some way to find out your ranking?

mistergreen
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
I agree that the pvp prizes should be tiered and stronger, I spend a lot of gold during those events for a mediocre unit...

Not to bust your stones, but it's not like they surprised you with the prize units. You knew what they were before the war ever started and still chose to spend a lot of gold.

Alexlee
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
allow delete member during the war.

don't give out prize right after the war..
give us some time to boot those who just join the faction for few days and do nothing during the war and get the prize.

Blackadder
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
No one has mentioned the issue with the battles auto starting if you're viewing the points screen. We were unable to co-ordinate our battles at set times as they seemed to be starting constantly. I don't believe it was a rogue element within our faction but can't prove that of course - if it could display who started each war that would eliminate that issue. Thank you :)

We got hammered by this issue. As free players, jumpoff without being able to power attack massively decreased our point potential. Our only controllable option in game following Greenland was to demote all but 2 core faction members.

Is there an Auto Declare Glitch??

Thanks for all the hard work CJ.

LOS
02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
I would like the newsfeed featurd brought back to WD events, for multiple reasons, like knowing who attacked you and therefore having a chance to attack back. Also if you were overvault there was no warning that money was lost, just poof, your missing money. Newsfeed is essential to this game and should be a part of all events.

Jaebee
02-20-2013, 11:05 AM
One way you could level the battlefield in the long run a little is to make it where each faction can only win one country. A faction that has won could continue to battle for 2nd place, etc, but with X amount of countries that will be battles, you could have X amount of winners. PUN and others could still compete for top prizes, but it would give the other top 100 or so (or how ever many countries you plan on using) a chance to get recognition and top prizes also.

Thief
02-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Thank you for posting this CJ:

First and foremost (and in my opinion most importantly) You need to Push Egypt to be 30 days away. This is a game but it's a VERY time demanding game on our Real Lives. I want to enjoy the game which i do but at this rate you are going to burn out your players (Free/Gold...Doesn't matter because as you loose Customers more will follow suite)

Next events should be 48-72 hours maximum (same idea...you don't want to burn players out)

In addition i don't think lvl 200 players should get fewer WD points than lower level players? How does that seem fair or make sense? (This is coming from someone who was under lvl 100 too)

Finally make Activity an important component of this game. Right now Someone who can't afford Gold makes very little impact to the results (as sad as that is to say). Now im not trying to take anything from the big gold spenders but if you enter into a 1 hour battle (assuming you have full health because you waited over an hour to declare) and you can only manage 6-7 actions every 2 hours thats just not right and frankly pretty boring. Maybe give players a health bar and it each hit costs 10 HP instead of 25? (giving them 10 hits or as many as 19-20 during a war?) Then it's still 25 gold to refill your health halfway? This will hopefully add a small balance factor to the game.

Also you should Reduce Casualties during the WD events as some players were almost devastated from this event and are not sure if they will ever be the same. At the same time i would say Hault XP gains from WD activities?

Fl@sh
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
The top 3 factions should each get a specific unit. Give it huge stats too!

Mongo
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
(1) tracking donations would be very useful. It is hard work and basically an honor system.

(2) Allow only officers to declare war. A problem for us in Brazil, not in Greenland. But i gotta think the fix is not that hard.

(3) I hear people RE the scoring, but I think rolling with the punches is part of the fun and challenge. Maybe split the difference somehow between the ally lvl only shown now and full stats. Showing lvl might be good b/c then you gotta stick your neck out and see if that higher lvl player is too big to handle. An added benefit is it reigns in somewhat the ally level manipulation, which is an obvious angle to work if ally levels are all that is shown. For example, if you are a lvl 137 and you crank your allies down to 130 to draw in weaker foes, you are also gonna get whacked by strong players 136 and lower looking for bigger points.

(4) all the stuff about the timing, 3 day events noon-noon and space them out. What about posting the schedule, or adopting a predictable routine? Forgive me, but we might sit one out eventually, would be good to plan a bit.

(5) consider a light gold or no gold option. This may be a non-starter with the front office, but lets face it ascending beyond a certain level appears to me tied to meaningful gold spending. Some folks just don't want to. Some folks have a philosophical aversion to spending gold. You will never make money from them, why not create a "gold free" division or flites of gold, and in them LOCK GOLD during the event. Again, you get some gold purchase or continued support from them, while allowing the big spenders to keep doing what they are doing.

(6) I fear PvP is going to become a non-event for many. It is a hard sell in our faction, which is in the 100-500 range. There are thosands of factions below that with absolutely nothing to play for. At least a few add'l rewards?

(7) At the risk of infuriating the big boys, is it meaningful for them (I will not name names) to keep pounding on one another, getting yet undreamed of higher levels of excellence/intimidation, and repeatedly proving themselves? Sorry, bit of a rant but why not have a "winner sits next one out" or "win one and done" or some similar mechanism to spread the glory/wealth. Or maybe you can trade your "ownership" of a territory or sell it and re-enter the battle, a whole new "WORLD NEGOTIATION" game sequence occurring in the boardroom....

We love the WD and palplable improvement, both during Brazil and before Greenland. Thanks CJ and Gree

level
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
1.30 Days in between WDE’s- Need time to recoup
2.3 days for event max- not 4 and NOT 5 (Think I am beating a dead horse here)
3.More prize tiers- 1,2,3,10,25,50,100,200,300,400,500,1000,2500,5000
4.Boost to prizes only for top 1000- last two are consolation prizes
5.Raise the prizes A/D stats. We want better prizes for the mission at hand.
6.Tracking of who declares war.
7.More attacks from energy-4 is not enough try 8
8.Keep the power attack at 4- Defense leader can be taken out and you still have some rounds for the wall.
9.Increase the number of successful attacks on the DL to take them out. 1 Does not seem fair. How about 5 successful attacks or 1 power attack. It makes it harder. And could increase the gold sales.
10.Lower the refill cost to 10 or even 15 - will play more and buy more.
11.Option to attack a player of an opposing faction during a battle PvP style. This way we can really put the hurt on.
12.Option for Faction to donate funds back to a player. Takes the leader to 1st it and an officer(s) to 2nd it. To help in boosting building and stats.
13.Donation tracking- PLEASE
14.Faction, code and ranks for each WDE added to a NEW faction tab for others to see. Will help in recruiting.
15.Add previous factions that a player belong to in this tab. Will help with recruiting. NO bad seeds.
16.Add how long a player has been a part of the current faction and what their rank is to faction tab.
17.Add a MVP option for faction members to vote on- MVP will receive extra valor or cash for going above and beyond the call of duty.
18.MORE FACTION BASED BONUSES
19.A Faction bank interest bonus would be good. Start with 1% maxing at 5% to be given daily of the factions total bank balance. Would be nice to have a little help in securing these bonuses of outrages prices.
20.Sticky posts to faction forum. I don’t want to have too repeated myself a thousand times.
21.Here is a WILD CARD. Have two identical WDE’s. One for GOLD and one for NONE GOLD. Each faction will chose which one they would like to take part in before entering the WDE. NONE GOLD unit prizes stats will be cut in half. To make it fair to the GOLD users. I know, I know, It doesn’t put money in your pocket but it will help with the moral of the gamer. For all those factions that don’t use gold coming in at 250 or even 5000 can get frustrating. We all put time into this game and we all want a shot at the #1 spot but we can’t if the big GOLD factions stomp on all the little guys. You will still make your money in the GOLD WDE and it will be enticing to all factions to see if they can make it with the big boys in the GOLD WDE. Food for thought.

-@'DK'@-
02-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi CJ.

I think we've all covered pretty much everything by reading all the messages posted in this thread!
But some issues are just more important than others:

1. World Dominations points score system, increase the points for HLP.
2. The Event should not be more than 3 days MAX.
3. ONE Battle Event per month.
4. Live online support for kicking out HACKERS A.S.A.P
5. Med packs should contain more hits: 6-10 hits.
6. Wall fortification should be easier and less costly to destroy.
7. Top 3 Faction rewards should be much more attractive, and worth spending gold for.

And last but not least, put out some serious sales 40%-80% and you will see us spending a lot more cash :)

Agent Orange
02-20-2013, 01:43 PM
If a faction is caught with a hacker in it, then that faction should be completely disqualified from the event. This will force faction leaders and officers to police their own factions.

Unless a faction leader or member attacks the new candidate there is no way of telling of the player is a hacker just by looking at their visible stats since skill point hacks are not visible. More obvious things such as unnaturally high numbers of loot items yes.

I actually think Gree could just run a bot through the database and flag and remove any players with skill points over a certain level since Level x skill points can only equal a fixed amount since we cannot buy skill points so they are tied to our Level to a degree.

Agent Orange
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
In terms of hackers, just add a report button to the battle screen so that when we attack and discover a hacker it can generate a ticket immediately and allow support to easily find the player since it will be tagged back to the respective accounts.

War lord
02-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I would luv to know who declares war during the event
I would like to c the event last 2-3 days fri-sun
I would like the war events cut down to one a month

Thank you War Lord (DANGER CLOSE)

stealyourface
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
I just putting my vote in for three day events, fri-sun is best and a month apart. Seriously my wife is ready to kill me and another event in two weeks? I'm going to have to quit playing if this keeps up or risk divorce!

stealyourface
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I think one easy change that could help alot is to display who declared war from your faction in the WD screen when you are in battle so there is some accountability. This will help tremendously with coordination, my faction was in upheaval for the first day and a half of the event blaming people for declaring war. Please show on screen so we know who it is!

Junior4117
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
when android players attack people we do not see our attack used and the rivals defense used. when i play my other account on my ipad i see these stats on the attack results popup. i had put in a support ticket for this issue. they responded back and stated that there was i fix in the works and assured me that it would be fixed by the greenland battle.

this problem was not fixed. all of the android players in my faction could not see any of the att/def stats. we rellied heavely on our ios members for this information.

CJ could you please work on actually getting this issue resolved.

i feel that this puts us android players at a severe disadvantage giving ios players an edge against us as they learn roughly what our stats are. and android players just have to attack blindly.

so please please please fix this issue.

on behalf of all android players i know that we would greatly appreciate you fixing this issue

Kevin Harvey
02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
1st- shorter time period. 4-5 days is simply too long. It loses its fun. 3 would be perfect.
2nd- 1 a month. Not every few weeks.
3rd- better bonuses. Lets face it, the amount of money factions are putting out to win these prizes, the bonuses are WEAK. I can't stress that enough.
4th- if changes are going to be made from one battle to another, at least let the players aware of the upcoming change beforehand. The change on amount of WD points a person can earn depending on level kind of screwed some of us. People prepared their gold expecting same type of gameplay as brazil. Then Greenland comes, and for some,they can't earn as many points as brazil because of their level. So it ended up being a high amount of wasted gold.

I totally agree. I enjoy war but most who love the game are getting screwed.
1st) a 3 day event keep gamers employeed. As competitors we want to be available for battle. Keep it Friday through Sunday.
2nd) what is the point of building your player if it is worthless in events? A level 200 earned that spot & they are punished for it. It makes no sense. You spend gold for great units & level as you play but the longer you play the more you become worthless. I think a win is a win. Have a 350 point difference is not right. I would there should be no more than a 50 point difference no matter level or stats.
Great job on running a smooth event!
keep it fair & fun for your veterans!

jamie..TTB..
02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Don't punish your loyal gamer if you are level 150+ its a lot harder to gain WD points this needs sorting before Egypt...

whiskeybravo
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
My suggestions are just regurgitating what everyone else has said, but here they are:

1. 48 hour event time. Even 72 hours is too long I think (and I won't even speak of 96 or 120 hour events).

2. Minimum of 4 weeks between world domination events. Maybe make it start on the last Friday of every month or something.

3. Make it so we can see what we are losing during the event. I'm sure that I lost at least a few units even though I wasn't a punching bag at all, but I have no idea why units I was losing.

4. I think the 4 hits per health refill is pretty silly. Before Brazil I was assuming that our attacks would be connected to our stamina since we were basically doing PVP, but it seems... weird... for it to be a health bar like what we use for Boss events.

My thoughts exactly

Hondo
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Once a calendar month is often enough, and a window for smack talk during battle. That's all I want for Christmas.

mxz
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Take off 1 or 2 days the event. 48 hours is probably perfect
Only allow leader and officers to declare war
Longer time between Battles For xxxx
Don't change prize tiers at event time
Show players' faction position (not just for Android)
Display leaderboard +/- 1 or 2 spots
Comment wall for faction v. faction banter
Ability to see what units you lost to whom
Tracking of stats - a way to export points by battle, per member and team
Transparency into the attack/defense and WD point calculations

Wufnu
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
1. Once a month WD
2. WD Player Stats posted somewhere permanently
3. Officers only can declare war
4. A popup that you are at war
5. Shorter Health Regeneration and have the faction boosts work
6. More hits per health or make hits tied to stamina
6. Health displayed in percentage or every 25%
7. Ability to boot players during WD events.

I know this isn't WD related but,
8. Be able to look at player stats in the request window.
9. Tracking of player donations

ertrifo
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Yet, this game is still stacked in favour of the top factions!
They take the best rewards and get stronger making it impossible for mid factions to compete, we can't even afford to knock down walls during the battles, limiting the points to 50%
You have even removed a prize for the top 500 factions this time giving us 1 unit less, thank you very much!!

AlexFoo
02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Because it is easy and kind of fun. Even if there was a feature I'd still do my books every night.

Why make gree do all the work and potentially make an error in coding, that would take time to build or fix, time that could be better spent fixing real issues with the game.

I don't see it being that big of a deal to make a spreadsheet with everyone's names and just log their donations.

-J

completely agree. takes no time at all to throw into excel, and then i can manipulate the data, show weekly averages, find trends on which days we take the most money... its endless. :)

General Soviet
02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow, this thread got a lot of posts quick. Here's my little list.
1. Two or three day events.
2. Only officers can declare war.
3. Prize tiers stay the same.
4. Get alerts that say what we lost during a battle.

Most important is #1. The events put a big strain on us time wise, with replacing units and staying up to battle. Charlie didn't fight for the last two days of Greenland, and it was much better for us all.

Grand Overlord
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
POSITIVES

- Ran smoothly - apart from a few lag issues
- Level based point system is great - it adds a layer of strategy, and may encourage recruitment of lower level players
- Limited time buildings pushing people over vault; love it
- Fortification damage is much better
- I like the look of the prize tiers for Egypt (please don't make an 11th hour change to these).

PRIORITY CHANGES

- Shorter - max duration 48-60hrs
- Frequency - 1 event per month as promised
- Contributions - tally of how much people have contributed (cash and concrete)
- Individual win/loss - keep the on screen for longer after the event (a few days would be nice).
- New member requests - please fix the additional information button, or make iph visible, or include an "add as ally" option
- Refresh button in faction forum
- Hackers - factions found to have hackers should be disqualified from the event.

WORTH CONSIDERING

- Group post from leader to all faction member's wall - or better yet, select which members with a check box.
- Limited time boost buildings - not just money buildings.
- Give officers more authority - especially the ability to build fortifications and to remove players (other than the leader or officers).
- A bonus for winning the fight would make it a lot more exciting. Nothing too big though, or the matching system will have too much of an effect. Alternatively, if the award for winning is large, make win/loss ratio more significant in the battle matching determination.
- No gold events - run a few events with no gold refill - obviously you wouldn't do this all the time, but you would generate a lot of excitement.
- User friendly - simpler access from WD screen to faction forum screen
- Increase the max level from 200 to 300 - this would solve a lot of issues raised by others (at least temporarily).

OTHER POINTS

- I'm all for changes/imporovements, but please, not too many at once, and let us know in advance.
- On two occasions when a player power hit the defense leader they lost all health but DL took no damage.
- Automatically declaring war issue - when two players hit declare war button at once, the next battle will start automatically.

PS. People who complain about WD costing too much make me smile.
PPS. People who complain that they'll have to spend a lot more to keep winning make Gree smile.

bustkokie
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
What about adding a 15 min increment button up to 1 hr in the faction page to send to your faction members in their personal comment feed to notify them when u plan to declare war. This way we are able to coordinate it easier. This also could automatically declare war for you at that precise time. Just a thought.
What about adding a general to the team who can power attack the wall?

Wai
02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
These are only my thoughts and I am only one of many.

From reading the boards there seems to have been a large number who found it impossible to purchase gold during the event and perhaps outside the event. There may have been an inordinate number of sales that were not made either because the transactions were not successful or people gave up trying. As to whose fault it is doesn’t matter but close liaison with iTunes and any other related party is critical to ensure smooth quick purchasing when adrenalin rush decisions are made or they are missed.

Building and levelling-up the walls is a little tedious one at a time, but we can cope.

The timing of the battles as it relates to the regeneration needs to be looked at. If regen is too slow it effects the rate of battles. Even gold players like to get a few free ones in. If the regen after the battle was accelerated by a known factor, then that would have to increase the frequency and potential activity. It currently works against increasing the potential for activity.

A real time forum within the faction rather than having to leave the faction and return into it again to refresh would be a great improvement. That really is a big issue.

Currently you have 'push messages' allowed for some in game events. I think a big step might be to include Faction forum messages. That could easily be achieved and a big step forward.

The ability to change your name here once only. That’s it and no more. Reduce the time spent by staff changing names and give them an opportunity to respond to actual issues.

Continue the improvements from Brazil to Greenland by WD points. It supports LLPs and encourages purchases at the higher end. That was an excellent and inclusive move; a win/win.

The theme through the pages concerns strategy and that seems to be one of the key factors of the success. Less information about opponents not more. Perhaps just a name rather than much else as the ally numbers will become irrelevant, moving forward. Levels should not be shown or rank.

The calculation of the WD points was an excellent change and the variability gave them something additional to consider. I think that was a massive leap forward rather than having visual indicators such as rank or anything else shown. Enhancing the ‘Fog of War’ was a great improvement.

Perhaps do something else with that ‘Declare War’ button. It just seems a little close to the scrolling page on small devices and likely the cause of some of the issues. However I did see part way through GL that a second confirmation button came up so hopefully that goes a long way toward resolving it.

Restrict Factions to a maximum and minimum number of members to enter the war. I realise there is a maximum now but that could be revisited. A minimum number of members in a faction before you can participate may be an improvement; perhaps a % of your guild number. I am mainly concerned about the very small factions and would like to see some encouragement for them to grow a little rather than 1 to 5 person factions remaining for too long.

Now that you have released the information concerning the team points awarded, I can clearly understand why the decision was made to reduce the depth of the prize list. While I firmly believe it should be open to as many as possible I do understand the concern about that. As a workaround perhaps there is no bottom end cut of position but a cut-off using ‘points achieved’. This may meet both aims of encouraging as many as possible to participate and at the same time restricting it to those that genuinely have a go. I don’t know what a reasonable point’s cut-off would be but expect it could be fluid to encourage activity. By way of example only; perhaps 100,000 points (over the 4-5 days as it was) as a bottom end cut-off. For a team of 20 with say 50% of them participating, there is at least some merit in that achievement. That will need to be adjusted to account for a shorter event. 20,000 points a day could not be that difficult for a small faction. Perhaps start at 50,000 points and see how that works. It could be moved up or down as required. I was surprised to see the bottom end achieving just over 35,000 points. Over the longer duration of this last event, that is not participating at all. Those points may accumulate without firing a shot under the current points accounting system. If true, then that is not the aim of this.

To further focus strategies in the upper level and mid levels and encourage participation in the lower levels, I don’t see a great issue in having zero or very significantly reduced points accumulating for a player who happens to defend an attack along with a negative value against the player and therefore team, who failed in that attack. I think it best to exclude the DLs initial shield from that.

Communication when changes are going to be made well ahead of time is absolutely necessary. There was no reason not to announce some weeks in advance that ranks would not be shown. Not to announce them is counterproductive to your aim. The apparent level change in prizes is another extreme example of that. If there was a need to change that, then don’t give us the points this time, change it for the next war, then tell us the total points. I think that was the actual issue. The late change very much sent the wrong message. It sent a message of unreliability and lack of trust which was regrettable and totally avoidable. They do need to focus on image. Rightly or wrongly, the company and game image is reflected in the boards.

On reading the boards, a new war every two weeks is clearly too much and will likely send people away OR reduce the participation rates further. People will, in one or two more of these bi-weekly events, decide themselves what their level of participation will be. After the rush it will find its own level. There is nothing unusual about that, it’s a personal choice. So rather than keeping them right at their optimum spend and participation, you will in fact cause it to be reduced. That optimum adrenalin spend and participation according to these boards (which is a reasonable test), seems to be once every calendar month, where the weekend is known months into the future. I think the suggestion of a set weekend every calendar month was an excellent one. As it now stands we never know the next date until the end the previous war. I don’t know where the benefit lies in that. But that’s a matter for your human behaviours experts to decide if they haven’t already done so. To not give time for factions to strengthen up and build economies, improve their members or whatever it is they lack, an event every two weeks is a retrograde step in retaining the very idea of factions or at least the idea that has developed.

The ability to check a request before adding would be advantageous but not critical.

Communication between factions should be avoided. There is enough trash talk already here and enough allegations of ‘laying down’ for a team; however that helps is beyond me. Rather, better communications between the team itself should be the focus and enhance play, speed play up and therefore increase activity. Being bombarded by an opposing teams chatter would just add 'noise' and is not necessary.

The faction area is otherwise very functional and has the things we would reasonably need. I think there is a difference in view in the members’ page for android than iOS and as I understand it from reading here, there must be a difference between the information android and iOS are getting after a shot is fired.

Disabling news feeds was a very good decision to ensure no harassment after a battle. I think the level of information provided is sufficient at this time.

The number of initial shots of 4 is about right. There is little point in increasing them. The balance between spend on Medi-Packs and general game-play to hold the interest is pretty close, particularly so as there is a degree of regeneration through the battle. I don’t know if there needs to be too much adjustment.

Overall, I think it works pretty well and a great leap forward. It was much smoother than Brazil. I just caution on too much information being provided when in battle or this will end up no different to a group PvP lacking any strategy, real or otherwise; its just as important to the game experience. It’s that aspect that is the major point of difference.

JoeII
02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
The battle for Greenland was better. Still it was a little too long. Liked that players could no longer retaliate after the battle. Would be nice to have a button that takes you to the faction forum up front. We use it a lot during battles. One problem I see coming down the road are the super factions. Pretty soon no one will be able to compete with them. While these factions are great from Gree's point of view (I am sure they spend a lot of money). Sooner or later participation in the battles may drop off if other members believe they cannot compete against them.

Would be nice if the system kept track of donations. Also the events are be farther apart. Also there should be a some type of multiplier factor taken into account for points if you win the battle versus losing a battle.

Admiral Farragut
02-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Not to bust your stones, but it's not like they surprised you with the prize units. You knew what they were before the war ever started and still chose to spend a lot of gold.

My faction uses the pvp rankings as a recruiting tool as were always near the top and as bragging rights so the gold spending won't stop, I'd just like to see better returns for investment

Admiral Farragut
02-20-2013, 08:50 PM
I completely agree with people saying that if you currently own a country, there should be some kind of burden with that, so choose your country wisely

If you own one country already, your next battles only award 50% the WD points, own 2 countries? 33% your normal WD points, etc. unless everybody really cares to see PUN across the entire map? Because GREE as well as everyone else knows this is the truth.....

Pace
02-20-2013, 09:22 PM

How will the new vault level help? It will be easily 15 weeks before a normal player goes from the old max of 10M to the new 90M max. In the meantime, gonna lose out on the next four or so events big ticket buildings

Feltch
02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
No one has mentioned the issue with the battles auto starting if you're viewing the points screen. We were unable to co-ordinate our battles at set times as they seemed to be starting constantly. I don't believe it was a rogue element within our faction but can't prove that of course - if it could display who started each war that would eliminate that issue.

Don't have much else to add that hasn't already been said other than to say thanks to CJ and the rest of the team - the improvements you have made since Brazil have definitely been noticed. Thank you :)

Same here, we are confident that it wasn't a troll starting our wars. We found that if any player stayed in the points screen, we automatically went to war. When we got suspect this was happening, we send the word out to our members not to go into the screen at all for an hour, and presto - no war got declared on us. Unfortunately we went to war for 6 hours straight before we worked out the bug!

mrpinescenyed
02-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Hey Chris,

Coming from a player that plays CC , KA , MW i was pretty disappointed when you changed the rewards for the MW WD events to make it in the Top 4000, i think as a player its unfair having the same faction win it all. Before this whole domination events started i was stacking wins and abunch of money, then after the first WD i started to see people having 2k more defense and attack. Which makes it unfair to the people who are in not so good factions to fend off themselves. Have you ever felt like someone is ever getting treated better then you and the person getting spoiled was rubbing it into your face? I feel like the people that keep winning these events and getting these huge loots is just digging a hole for the mainstream of the players. I dont know what you guys can do as being the dev's but i love the WD event i think its amazing, but just keep it into consideration about the others and how underrated we are.

If you read this, thanks for your time.
-mrpine

Q Raider
02-21-2013, 12:01 AM
How about the ability for faction members to have the ability to be a non participant in a war.

Players decimated from a previous war can elect to stand down from the next engagement whilst they rebuild their forces.

They remain a part of the faction and can receive any awarded units but are not subjected to being targeted and suffer high unit losses again.

Once opted out of an event they must be a participant in the next.

Might stop people doing the silly thing like one player who was the level 200 target deciding to energy hack and accumulate over 300 Transport Raiders in a couple of days. Doubt his faction knows about it, pretty sure tey would set the dogs onto him if they did.....

Bobar
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
As some don´t play at weekends i am happy with the duration. Keep it like this.
The summary about players point should stay after event too.
Would like to know who declared war.

More time inbetween the events to regenerate

Like the event generally.

Bobar
TSL Deutsches Team DeT

GuyInLobsterSuit
02-21-2013, 02:28 AM

All I add some more or cheaper attacks - and at least something for free players to do

Lt. Apache
02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Hi CJ,

My personal experience for B4G has 2 extremes, one which is Good while the other Very Bad.

Good

I literally played B4G with a newbie account in a new faction starting from zero stats to compete in B4G. It was fun playing with my new team mates and it took only about a day to gel with them where they gave me maximum support and trust when deploying tactics and strategies against better and bigger factions. I would like to thank all my team mates in Born 2 Kill (Ranked #838) for making my experience in B4G a fun and exhilarating one. Without them, I might still be sulking for losing my original account days before B4G starts.

On the game itselt versus B4B,
- the live feed for leaderboard was great where it doesnt froze as compared to B4B
- the cumulative WD points was in order as the war progresses (however the Winner's List score was different from what I see on our in-game screen)
- waiting time for factions to match up was acceptable
- the game reset by itself sometimes which is not acceptable
- the rewards awarded changed from Top 10,000 to Top 4,000 was not acceptable as it is not fair to those who spent their time and effort competing only to realise the criteria changes

Very Bad

Reason why it was bad was because my original account was lost while transferring between phones days before B4G starts. A ticket was sent to Gree support on Feb 10, 2013 and til date nothing was heard from them. The followings are some of my stats :

- Ticket #375341 (send on Feb 10, 2013)
- PM was sent to CJ54 on Feb 15, 2013 (apparently not read)
- Player Name : Lt Apache
- Player ID : 674-824-184
- Level 200
- Raw Att/ Def at 93,926/87,020
- List of arsenal include : Fusion APC, Satellite Smasher, Dragon Knight Helicopter, Dragon Viper, Falcom Supersonic, Draughtsman, Elte MPS Vessel, Elite Heavy, etc plus plenty more from LE and crates.

For the time, money and efforts spent on my original account, I would say to wait for 11 days to just transfer my original account back to my device is unacceptable :mad:.

Furthermore, some of my ally highlighted to me that there was some irregular movements in my account and stats, with 7000+ battles done before and after B4G. Was my account being hacked? I really don't know.

So please get your Support team to look into my account and transfer it back into my device asap. Kindly advise me how to transfer my newbie account too, in case it went missing in cyberspace again.

Thank you.

Regards,

"T"
02-21-2013, 04:30 AM
I enjoy the events but a few changes would be nice.

1. It would be nice to have more time between each event. An event each month would be ideal, in my opinion. I think people will look forward to them more and won't experience WD fatigue.

2. High level players shouldn't be penalised when it comes to the awarding of WD points.

3. 48 hours is more than enough time for an event, 72 hours tops.

Thanks CJ.

alphacharlie
02-21-2013, 04:46 AM

Add Faction Forum tab to the WD page (link to same Forum in the Faction area)
- switching back and forth for team comm is really time consuming, sometimes freezes or closes app too.

Elzeus
02-21-2013, 06:27 AM
HI this El ZEUS I WAS MEMBER OF LAND DOWN UNDER FACTION , I FOUGHT WITH THEM FOR GREEN LAND COUPLE OF DAYS BUT UNFORTUNATELY MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GAVE UP I HAD TO FACTORY RESET IT I LOST THEM I WANT TO JOIN THEM BACK PLEASE GIVE THERE FACTION ID CAPTAIN BUZZA , CAPTION CORNY ADMRIL STEEL I MISS YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME..........ALLIANCE ID 683-753-804

Magino
02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks CJ for this thread

I would like the ability to see battle attack
defense stats on my android. This put me at
a big disadvantage in communicating with my
faction.

I agree that the event should not be more than 3 days.

There should be 30 days between events

The unit losses were very steep and sometimes mismatched
when considering the weakness of the opponent.

Only one faction mismatch was noted during the event.

Had a good time and will play again.

Blackstone
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
The events should only take place once a month and should only be 3 days long.

One cool feature you could add would be cash rewards for factions in addition to unit rewards. For example, the top 10 factions could each get 1 billion cash, top 25 would get 500 million and so forth.

Generik79
02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
How about the ability for faction members to have the ability to be a non participant in a war.

Players decimated from a previous war can elect to stand down from the next engagement whilst they rebuild their forces.....

Never give up; never surrender!

Though it has been said that “[t]he supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

Bob_55
02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Incorporated a button for changing ingame names of each members of the factions when we are at War and a go back button to return in your Real ingame name after war.

3 days event Max.

1 battle a month like you said

Vertex
02-21-2013, 12:02 PM
As has been echoed here multiple times: Keep the events at 1 month apart for 3 days maximum.

Flyinscot
02-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Only one real issue for me which is the need to see who pressed the declare war button. I wouldn't advocate only allowing the leader or officers the privilage of declaring war, I would leave it as is but have the person who did declare highlighted in some way.

rakmike
02-21-2013, 02:00 PM
It would be helpful to l have an assistant leader that can remove members and upgrade wall if leader is away.

Minister Timothy
02-21-2013, 02:00 PM
I have not read all the posts so I Assn not sure this was talked about yet. I live the fact that attacksdon't appear on newsfeeds, so their can be no retaliation later. Also fixed the lower ally WD points and made it more liked the game with bp. The stonger the opponent the more WD points. Makes it great for strong lower level players.

Z14
02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Stop punishing high level players just because they have played the game longer than others.
Level has nothing to do with how strong a player is in PvP.
Theybare already punished in boss events.
Let the losing players defence stat determin the points.

Scrap the boring and unfair PvP Tournaments.
No event should be based on stamina.
If you followed the advise that was given when you started playing the game that you do not need high stamina becourse it regenerates quite quickly then you do not have a chance in PvP Tournaments, and you can do nothing about it.
Or else it should be possible to purchase higher stamina with in game money. Maybe a bonus building.

Starting times on events/competitions should alternate so that they are not always tailored for US players.

Battles should not be longer than 72 hours.

Only leader and officers should be allowed to start wars.

Post which player declared war.

Bonus points for winning wars.

Let support help players with real problems before changing players names.

If a faction choses to have the same name on all members so they look the alike then award only one person the bonus units.

Augie
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
The Battle for Greenland otherwise known as Campers Reward

You did a lot of great things to improve our battle experience in Greenland,
thank you to the Gree team for their efforts.

My single largest and by far most important complaint is one that has
already been mentioned several times but I feel I must repeat it here
because of its importance. The awarding of WD points based on the level of
the attacker was a serious shortcoming of Greenland. I support making the
WD points a function of the level of the player you are attacking, you
should get more for attacking a level 150 player than a level 100 player
and indeed within a given level attacking a player with a higher defense
stat should yield higher WD points. However the amount of WD points given
should be solely based on the statistics of the person being attack and not
the attacker. Imagine my shock and chagrin when I found out I was receiving
200-250WD points for attacking someone yet some of my teammates were
receiving 350-400 points for attacking the same player. Level 200 players
are already penalized in the Boss event and now World Domination follows
suit. I am also a moderate gold player and yet now feel that my gold is
cheapened by this event. How would you feel if you were buying a loaf of
bread and the person in front of you put down $5 for that same loaf of bread
showed their drivers license and then sent on their way and you upon putting
down your $5 and showing your driver's license had half of your loaf of
bread taken away before being sent on your way. That is how I felt every
time I hit that 25 gold refresh button and attacked. To add injury to
insult you have made all the level 200 players prime targets for everyone
else. This WD point award strategy is a windfall for all those campers out
there who just sit at low levels building their strength. I am okay with
players using a camping strategy it is a viable way to play the game but I
do not believe my attack on the same player should be cheapen by giving the
camper more points for a successful attack. This inequity in WD point
distribution must be corrected before Egypt, make the WD points solely
dependent on the player being attacked and not the attacker. I for one will
not spend any gold refreshing in Egypt if my attack is worth less than a
lower level player.

The second complaint is that changes such as the one above must be
communicated prior to the start of the event so that Factions may understand
the rules and have time to adjust their strategy accordingly. This new
method of determining WD points was sprung upon us during the battle. I
don't mind some surprises in the battle but they must be such that Factions
can adjust to them. While some may argue that this new WD point
determination method was something that could be adjusted to I would counter
that this is true only to a point. The gold distributions amongst players
is not something that can be changed and thus if a team had loaded their
level 200 players with gold before Greenland they were stuck earning around
66 percent of the WD points they should have received. If the game allowed
for moving gold around between players during the battle then this could be
accounted for but it does not. So I ask you provide us the rules in advance
for cases where in game adjustments are not possible.

Thank you for your considerations in these matters

Burnt
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey CJ,

First of all, thank you for a much better user experience this time around. Additionally, I/we appreciated the quick gift turnaround and rankings, with points. Here are some observations and recommendations:

1. Observation - Battle spacing. Personally, I can't sustain a two week, maybe even a month spacing, but maybe that's good. Give other factions a chance or possibly change strategy to split factions participation as every other.

2. Suggestion - WD. We should have a way to track WD other than screenshots at the end of the battle. Maybe they could be included in the profile.

3. Suggestion - W/L. See above

4. Observation - WD points. I'm fine with the point scoring system and I understand the logic behind it.

5. Suggestion - Battle and forum. Create hotlinks between the two.

6. Observation - Message Board. Nah.

7. Suggestion - Health Regen. Please fix the "attach again" issue. Ticket#395720 :cool:

8. Suggestion - Allies. Since Ally counts have become more strategic, create holtlinks, e.g., 1-50, 51-100, 101-150. A search function or sorting capabilities would be even better.

That's all I have for now. Thank you.

Kot
02-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Another idea:
You can reward a faction cash for their WD points. If your faction end up whit 100 000 WD points your faction gets
10 00 000 000 cash . Now its bether to be a camper faction then it is to participate in the event.

whiskeybravo
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Here are mine.

1.3 day MAX event. Start it Friday and end on Sunday. Most people work and having long events is getting old already after only two of them.

2. 1 World Domination event per month....max. Having Egypt 15 days after the end of Greenland is ridiculous, and in my opinion just greedy. Keep to your word on this one guys. More than once a month is way to often.

3. Have a faction message or something showing who declared war. The screen that says war has been declared should say by who. Or make it so that only officers and the faction owner can declare.

4. Donation tracker. If you guys are keeping track of it, it would be really nice to have that shown in the game in one form or another. Have another tab that shows WD points and donated cash / blocks for each member?

5. In game name change function would be nice if you are going to continue to allow name frequent name changes.

6. 4 hits is a crazy small number. It makes it so free or even light gold players have almost no affect. Not to mention 25 gold to gain another........4 hits is ridiculous. I know you guys like making money but that seems a bit much.

7. High level players should not be getting less WD points just because they are high levels. I am hoping that was a mistake on your part and will be corrected.

8. I understand why you took away the attacks showing up on your news feed during the WD battles, but it would really helpful to not only know when you got attacked but more importantly know what units you lost. It is a real pain to have to monitor your "fights lost" count and stat drops and then search to see what you lost.

hoho
02-21-2013, 05:35 PM
was wondering if there is an FAQ version of this thread like Frequently-Suggested-Ideas bullet point summary and possibly the feedback on those and hope to get more new ideas not duplicating each other ?

thanks.

ertrifo
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I agree with " donation tracking" but only for the leader as it might cause problems within faction members

ertrifo
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
When we start a battle, could we have a screen that lists all the members that are online at that time, or an icon next to the member that shows online/offline and it would be nice if we could send popup messages to them if they are online
If they are offline it should show their last logon time and date.

KLO
02-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Tracking faction donations is something we might be able to squeeze in; we have that info saved but I don't know how hard it would be to port that into the UI (separate leader/officer only tab, maybe?)

How I envisioned it is, an officer only tab on the faction page that logged all activity. Timestamp, user name, amount donated. AND, also track Declared War button pushing in the same spot. Timestamp and who pushed.

Opinvu
02-21-2013, 07:05 PM
1. Ditto the time frames suggested above.
2. A way to gift gold to your faction members. It could even be a faction gold bank that fires a war cannon at the DL or Walls.
3. The ability to buy half health bar with income cash. Or consumable ordinance to bolster your wall attacks.
4. Your factions war stats visible after the event ends, maybe fix the rank field?

Slaughter
02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
What if WD points could be used as a form of currency? Perhaps a store to purchase units rather than a tiered system? Maybe factions could save their WD points across multiple wars to try to purchase higher end goods that would otherwise be out if reach.

CJ54
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
There are some really good suggestions in here.

I wanted to let everyone know that we've been talking over some of the requests for better guild reporting, and may have some good news on that soon.

Archer59
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Low level players that can defeat an upper level player should continue to be rewarded with greater points. Time and time again, you read here where strong players scold those who can't defend themselves. Well now that higher level players with weak stats are being attacked for leveling too fast, and it's affecting the point outcome, these same players now say its not fair? Pretty funny if you ask me!

Keep the point system the way it is CJ. I'm sure this has been mentioned: devise way to highlight which members are actually participating in a declared war. Thanks for the work you put in.

FisK
02-22-2013, 03:49 AM
Hi CJ

Positive:

1) The new WD point system used in BfG was a big improvement from the used in BfB (Was way to brutal against just one player in each faction) The new system get people to attack the highst level player that they can win against. What even out the attacks a little because we all have deferent stats. But this new point system is NOT perfect, higher level players needs WD points too.
Maybe change the foluma to something like:

WD=BfG_WD * (PL*C)
or
WD=BfG_WD + (PL*C)

Where:
BfG_WD is the point calculated after the BfG fomula
PL is Player level
C is a constant used til fintune how big a impact player level should have.

Please tell us what you change BEFORE the next WD events so we know how to play the game.

2) I like that the prices was handed out right after the end of the event.

Negative:
1) The ingame faction "FORUM" is NOT a real forum!
It is way to limited.
Make it auto reflash and rename it to "CHAT"

2) A real ingame faction forum where we can save information that we want to look at later is needed.

3) A list of donation from faction members is still missing. All faction members should be able to see how much he/she has donationed to the faction.

4) The leaderboard is missing your own factions placement on the leaderboard.
A leaderboard should as a absoluty minimum show the faction over and under your own faction and your own factions place. The leaderboard is next to useless for most peolpe the way it is now.

5) Where was no ingame information about the time limit AMR money building. No splash screen, no instore information about it being a time limit offer. People are really saving up for those buildings, so we has to know how long time we have left.

6) 5 days is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy to loooooong. A 2-3 day weekend event is more when enougth.

7) We need a lot more time between those very big WD events. People are already starting to fell burned out already of just 2 WD events. It should only be 4 or 5 a year!
Think about it, you are also adding factions (Guilds in KA, Syndicates in CC) to your other games. You have a lot of players that is playing several of your games. You will lose those for sure if you are having WD events in all your games each months!

alphacharlie
02-22-2013, 04:34 AM
CJ,

Couple of my faction members have left...
They racked up good points for us in Greenland but said they could not tolerate the length and frequency of these events any more. Game is fun but family, work, regular lives are more important. GREE should seriously consider this, it could be the beginning of downfall for WD and perhaps MW. I love WD and MW... please listen to your users before its too late.

AC

Aclark
02-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey all,

-Chris

It would be nice to have the event be a shorter time period
Is the check before you accept members going to be working anytime soon
We still have battles that start when we have not declared
When will the ranking be out for Greenland?

bezerkeley
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Rewards for Faction Leaders.

Recommend that faction leaders be given a leader-reward (maybe an "air-force one" unit) for all their efforts and dedication. The units could be tiered based on the success of the faction over both Brazil and Greenland.

sacromyces
02-22-2013, 09:40 AM
I just want to say that gree and you CJ do an excellent job of listening and responding to your customers I've played quite a few games and none of them have had the avenues of communication and the response that I experience here in the forum and through sending a ticket up. A lot of good points have been made so I won't regurgitate any of it. But,

I would like to see the the faction leaders be able to make things more competitive in the faction for most wd point or most pvp pts etc. by being able to award one non-bonus unit to a faction member say once a week.

Generik79
02-22-2013, 11:05 AM
One additional point raised by my faction leader: regarding the fact that we can't see who's attacking us or what we are losing--go ahead and put it in the news feed (SHOW US), then clear the news feed at intervals or after the event. We know you can auto-wipe the news feed. Go ahead and do it. That will eliminate longterm reprisals and damage.

Morg
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
It would be nice if the was once again a reason for small factions to participate like there was in the first one...BfB.

Turns out there was no use for a small faction to play in the last one. Even worse, it was quite a disappointment spending all that money and time and sacrificing units for what turned out to be a waste, since even though in both battles the prize tiers were changed at the very last second, only the BfB stuck to the originally advertised tiers. Many thinking the same typo/error/what have you happened again for BfG they participated thinking they had a chance for similar reward by participating and expending a large amount of their resources, only to be greatly disappointed at the end.

Now that we see the cut off is officially at 4k for the next battle, at least now we know ahead of time there is no reason to waste all that again or in the future....but then we were shown before the last battle for weeks that the cut off was 10k. Turned out to appear like a classic bate and switch tactic...and it worked.

Not all who support and participate in this game are able to properly contribute to a larger faction, so many form a faction as a few close friends, a family, or what have you...some who were rewarded in the BfB for their efforts were/felt cheated by the false advertisement leading up to the BfG battle.

Knowing where they placed the last 2 battles and seeing the new advertised cut off of 4k....there is no practical reason or incentive to participate in what seems to be the main direction this game has taken.

Edit...and before any members of larger factions pipe in saying how their llp's in their factions easily gain 1000's of wd's....that is very easy to do when you have a high level player knock out the head guy, otherwise you are stuck chipping away at their wall for 20-40 points a whack...or none at all waiting for the next battle. The poor matching system doesn't help any in this regard either.

kevinnn
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Maybe new upgrades would be nice.
The time also has to be shortened.
Maybe a new event on the list? No box or boss but a new one

stuartb
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
i like the idea of changing the point system.maybe you should do itfor every event. part of tbe challenge would be reacting to a new situation instead of simply doing the exact same thing every event. one of the complaints about how real armies prepare for war is that they are always preparing to fight the last one again instead of the ne t one.

There ought to be a reward for winning an engagement with another faction, even if it is only nominal (e.g., 250 points). As it is currently structured, we do not have any need for a win/loss tally.

Can you guys come up with another use for concrete blocks, because building defensive walls is not all that useful for many factions. The wall just does not add a lot of value as it is currently structured

Wufnu
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Well I think we've given them enough feedback. Now let's see how much we actually get considering we got NOTHING of what we asked for last time around.

general Specific
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Two weeks later still trying. No response to any tickets. Missed the last event. I'm sure it cost my faction a top 1000 finish. Feel very much taken advantage of. I need to get this done or i want a refund of gold spent on the last event.

Durt McGurt
02-22-2013, 03:26 PM

You did a lot of great things to improve our battle experience in Greenland,
thank you to the Gree team for their efforts.

My single largest and by far most important complaint is one that has
already been mentioned several times but I feel I must repeat it here
because of its importance. The awarding of WD points based on the level of
should get more for attacking a level 150 player than a level 100 player
and indeed within a given level attacking a player with a higher defense
stat should yield higher WD points. However the amount of WD points given
should be solely based on the statistics of the person being attack and not
the attacker. Imagine my shock and chagrin when I found out I was receiving
receiving 350-400 points for attacking the same player. Level 200 players
are already penalized in the Boss event and now World Domination follows
suit. I am also a moderate gold player and yet now feel that my gold is
cheapened by this event. How would you feel if you were buying a loaf of
bread and the person in front of you put down $5 for that same loaf of bread
showed their drivers license and then sent on their way and you upon putting
down your $5 and showing your driver's license had half of your loaf of
bread taken away before being sent on your way. That is how I felt every
time I hit that 25 gold refresh button and attacked. To add injury to
insult you have made all the level 200 players prime targets for everyone
else. This WD point award strategy is a windfall for all those campers out
there who just sit at low levels building their strength. I am okay with
players using a camping strategy it is a viable way to play the game but I
do not believe my attack on the same player should be cheapen by giving the
camper more points for a successful attack. This inequity in WD point
distribution must be corrected before Egypt, make the WD points solely
dependent on the player being attacked and not the attacker. I for one will
not spend any gold refreshing in Egypt if my attack is worth less than a
lower level player.

The second complaint is that changes such as the one above must be
communicated prior to the start of the event so that Factions may understand
the rules and have time to adjust their strategy accordingly. This new
method of determining WD points was sprung upon us during the battle. I
don't mind some surprises in the battle but they must be such that Factions
can adjust to them. While some may argue that this new WD point
determination method was something that could be adjusted to I would counter
that this is true only to a point. The gold distributions amongst players
is not something that can be changed and thus if a team had loaded their
level 200 players with gold before Greenland they were stuck earning around
66 percent of the WD points they should have received. If the game allowed
for moving gold around between players during the battle then this could be
accounted for but it does not. So I ask you provide us the rules in advance
for cases where in game adjustments are not possible.

Thank you for your considerations in these matters

Could not say it any better, so I will quote. You have a lot of long time players upset with the scoring system. On our squad there is a large number of level 200 players, they have all discussed with me their thoughts on this. Please listen to your long time players who love playing the game.

FYV
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
A few ideas...

1) A deputy leader role(s) would be good. With same privileges as leader, except to designate other deputy leaders, or remove leader and deputies.
2) 3 days max WD event (5 days is putting people off participating, it's quite demoralising).
3) tracking donations I don't think is a good thing, it will disadvantage a lot of weaker players
4) quicker refresh on forum
5) expansion of forum, so posts don't drop off so early.
6) only leader (and deputies) able to delete posts on forum
7) fix iph display and faction ranking display.
8) more prize tiers
9) view of own wall remaining health during battle (would make battles more interesting)
10) opponent faction total WD points visible during battle (not only after)
11) ability to see individual player WD points scored by being attacked vs attacking
12) the PvP tournaments are great fun, but awards not so great and do not encourage participation.
13) a timer somewhere which shows time to 1 health recovery (eg for next hit) during WD events. And health gauge visible not only during battle.
14) no more last minute changes of event times/duration PLEASE?

Hope this helps.

Fi (FYV) x

Kelly's Hero
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
CJ-

I would love to see a high dollar/special building for a Top 250. Maybe a revenue generator or a unit producer?

The other (and more realistic possibility) is having gold awarded for top XXX factions. I think that would get more to spend gold to earn gold....

Thanks!

procsyzarc
02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
CJ can you give us an update on if the level issue plenty of people have commented on and if it will be changed before next event. Many 200's will want to drop out of their teams before the event starts if it stays like Greenland since the losses are just too big while being worthless to their teams.

We need to know before the event starts since you can't leave once the event begins

Wai
02-22-2013, 06:15 PM

My single largest and by far most important complaint is ...(edited)...
The awarding of WD points based on the level of
should get more for attacking a level 150 player than a level 100 player...(edited)...

Augie, I respect your view but thinking it through, if it were based entirely on level then that will 'lock in' camping. It will not assist the L200's as you wish.

However the amount of WD points given should be solely based on the statistics of the person being attack and not the attacker. Imagine my shock and chagrin when I found out I was receiving
receiving 350-400 points for attacking the same player.

The WD points are based on statistical information. If you mean actual A&D then that stat determines a win or loss. You dont get WD points for losses. In fact they should be deducted for an unsuccessdful attack - not defense.

I for one will not spend any gold refreshing in Egypt if my attack is worth less than a
lower level player.

That defeats your own argument on levels doesn't it. Currently a lower level player takes a greater risk right through all battles and may stand to loose a greater percentage of units , has a lesser economy and perhaps less access to high grade units. If WD points were equal for beating them, then that would not encourage those lower level players and would not encourage factions to have them. If this is all inclusive then they have to be catered for I would have thought. HLPs have an advantage because they are usually stronger so a LLP will never score from them (due to stats). They ought to hold the advantage already of not giving away any points to a LLP. Conversely, There would be little or no encouragement for a HLP to attack a HLP. If the points were the same they may as well crush a LLP out of the game. I doubt that's the intent.

Your WD points are not necessarily worth less than a lower ranked player. If it were then it would be worked on levels and everyone would camp round L100.

I understand what you are trying to achieve but I think the results of what you suggest would not be as you expect. My own personal view (and we are entitled to 'agree to disagree' - something that encourages discussion, not crushes any alternate or unique thoughts; as happens here by the self appointed forum bullies) is that currently they have it pretty well balanced considering all the aspects of the game and the outcomes they are after. That's just my personal view and I reserve the right to change my mind subject to free input from people here.

I think we would be helped and this would be a far better place if we were able to express our views without being bullied to the point that good open thought discussions are quashed. I am not asking anyone to agree with me, these are just my current thoughts and I encourge contrary views with reasons so we can discuss them here.

gunnydave
02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
CJ,

I'll start with

Negatives

A big one has to do with timing.
One of our members purchased a vault of gold to use for Greenland, he has yet to receive it!
Secondly those people involved in the bonus program 3 of our guys didn't get the bonus in time for Greenland.

Also, I am of the belief that the tiered system needs tweaking. Ie a top 1,2,3,25,50,100,250,500,1000, and 5000 would be nice. Because we spent so much gold and probably ended up in 30th place when we could have saved hundreds placed 90th and got the same prizes.

I currently think the prizes are alright, however like I said there is a large disparity between #26 and #100. This time around was almost 4 million points.

There is still visible info floating around about a top 42 faction. One of my goons sent in a ticket about it.

The big clamor around here is making it so only officers can declare war, we haven't had an issue with this, but I know others have.

The final complaint I have is with potential non working boosts; ie military boosts from units and faction military boosts not being visible.

Compliments

I am glad the team stat board worked this time. That was nice.

The premise of WD is great allowing for camaraderie and teamwork.

The prizes went out on the nose! Within hours of the events closing. Perfect!

We love that the points are not cumulative. A reset after each battle is preferred, otherwise PUN, ferr and SUper Faction would be 1,2 and 3 next event without even participating.

Strong work on actually asking for feedback

Suggestions

Also as a lot of people have said, it would be nice to be able to vet an applicant before allowing him entry. At least let us see his profile page and wall so that we know if he is qualified or a troll who spams that crap about free gold from being a dev.

Something else that would be nice would be some form of communication with the rival warring faction. I don't think a full open board would be a good idea, lots of cursing and unnecessary taunting, but maybe a board where one teams officers or leader could communicate with the other; maybe for a surrender or something.

Finally, what about some sort of VIP option for faction recruitment? Like for allies; pay 10-25 gold and get your factions name posted for an hour. Granted this would only be helpful if we had the ability to get applicant before allowing entry.

That's all I came up with. If you need me to expound upon any of these ideas feel free to give me a shout or a PM.

-J

Edit: For all faction leaders, you can assign vital game tasks to officers that do not require any programming changes. For instance some factions have a recruiting officer, a communications officer, a war chief, and a morale officer. Things that are done within the confines of the game and outside.

fantastic ideas

krillin16
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
How do I declare war? I can't find any way to.

Daviethree
02-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Areas I notice need to be improved potentially developed:
A. The defence and attacks stats for faction members on the faction team list are lower than what they report they are. Why the difference.
B. can't see the team members income per hour through the faction team member listing. I have to visit their site as an ally to find this information.
C. Having donation information last 24hrs/last week/total would be fantastic
D. Refresh button on faction forum great idea
E. anyway for team leader to send a broadcast message to every team member to appear on their personal message boards

Wai
02-23-2013, 03:44 AM

You need fat fingers, then just don't try and magically it just happens. Trouble is at this stage there is no one else on the battle field.

Arizona
02-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Start an argument in the forum... bring back the good old days!

Kevin Harvey
02-23-2013, 08:05 AM
1) there should be no more than 25/50 points added for a win according to Level
2) there should be no more than 25/50 points added for a win according to Stats
3) Attack against a member should be displayed on there situation report (same as Brazil)
-this will allow for boost deleting during a war. A great strategy for adding to the fun.....
-to protect players from retaliation after a war simply empty the situation reports/ news reports.
4) I am not complaining about the rewards. I think that you have done a great job with the units through out the game.
-we love to fight for those boosted units.
5) events should be 3 days only. Friday through Sunday. Keeps our Employers happy!
Thank you for asking the members what we are looking for. I have noticed that Gree has improved their customer support.

American Capitalist
02-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Just my suggestion. Bring back old limited buildings for certain events. People are falling seriously far behind because they aren't able to get these buildings. Say we do a Battle for Russia, bring the old Arctic Mining Rig back and give people a second chance to get it.

DesertFox
02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi there,

This one goes out to the Dev's, in the faction page you guys built in the ability to sort the fields, rank, score etc., can you PLEASE do something similar to our "visit allies" page, I want to sort them based on player level, and then dump the low level allies that don't appear to be playing that much or have quit the game.

Currently we have to load and reload the page 50 allies at a time and scroll through the list looking for them one at a time, delete them, then repeat the process, rather tedious if you want to dump say 50 or more people off your list, could you add a check box type function to delete more than one ally at a time?

Also another thought, as people have now started changing factions, is there a way you can link the allies list and faction member list, so that if a faction member just up and leaves, we get a notification of some type to keep them or dump them off our current allies list?

Thanks for reading!

DesertFox
02-23-2013, 09:19 AM

This is a GREAT IDEA, don't limit me to one upgrade at a time, if I have $$, let me use it!

Aparenteau
02-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe this is off topic but I would love to be able to email myself a CSV file of my inventory. Doing it manually is SOooo time consuming.

puffypete
02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I'd like to see points/reward for winning the battle, what is the point of showing a win loss record if its pointless? I also like the deputy leader idea and more rewards at different tiers but see that you helped that issue with a top 500 reward. Other rewards such as a new income building, cash, valor or unit building as a reward would work too. Those that've spent hundreds, even thousands of dollars for 3-5 units is a bit weak. I'd also like to see more hits per health bar or at least more hits of you use gold to replenish your health. It rewards those that have helped pay your salary.

I enjoy the game, and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to make it more enjoyable.

Rapg635
02-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi CJ. This is a great idea
Maximum 3 ay event
A direct link to teams faction board for posting, or a WD team board on side of WD screen
Some type of icon, or mark showing what members are online, whether or not in PvP, or action play
Better pairing for more equal game play (our 2nd to last battle in BfG paired us against a team with 1.3 million points to our 720k or so)
At least 6 attacks per regeneration
10 to max 15 gold bars to regen. 25 is just way to much. At ten, most of my free players said they would buy some gold for battles if it was worth it.
Thanks for the great work

Enahs5
02-23-2013, 02:45 PM
My list of improvements:

1. Limit the WD battles to only three days.
2. Health regen needs to be faster during WD events.
3. A deputy leader with the same rights as the leader
4. A manageable allies list where you can list allies based on name and or level.
5. Now that Gree is obviously getting more money, how about decreasing the amount you have to pay for gold. Gree would probably get more gold players if the cost to purchase was decreased.

Augie
02-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Augie, I respect your view but thinking it through, if it were based entirely on level then that will 'lock in' camping. It will not assist the L200's as you wish.

The WD points are based on statistical information. If you mean actual A&D then that stat determines a win or loss. You dont get WD points for losses. In fact they should be deducted for an unsuccessdful attack - not defense.

That defeats your own argument on levels doesn't it. Currently a lower level player takes a greater risk right through all battles and may stand to loose a greater percentage of units , has a lesser economy and perhaps less access to high grade units. If WD points were equal for beating them, then that would not encourage those lower level players and would not encourage factions to have them. If this is all inclusive then they have to be catered for I would have thought. HLPs have an advantage because they are usually stronger so a LLP will never score from them (due to stats). They ought to hold the advantage already of not giving away any points to a LLP. Conversely, There would be little or no encouragement for a HLP to attack a HLP. If the points were the same they may as well crush a LLP out of the game. I doubt that's the intent.

Your WD points are not necessarily worth less than a lower ranked player. If it were then it would be worked on levels and everyone would camp round L100.

I understand what you are trying to achieve but I think the results of what you suggest would not be as you expect. My own personal view (and we are entitled to 'agree to disagree' - something that encourages discussion, not crushes any alternate or unique thoughts; as happens here by the self appointed forum bullies) is that currently they have it pretty well balanced considering all the aspects of the game and the outcomes they are after. That's just my personal view and I reserve the right to change my mind subject to free input from people here.

I think we would be helped and this would be a far better place if we were able to express our views without being bullied to the point that good open thought discussions are quashed. I am not asking anyone to agree with me, these are just my current thoughts and I encourge contrary views with reasons so we can discuss them here.

What I am saying is that WD points should be based on the player being attacked. This is not unfair to llps. Lower level players are not necessarily weaker as many campers have high attack and defense. Is it fair for a level 100 player with an attack strength of say 125,000 to get more WD points than a level 200 player with an attack strength of 125,000 for defeating the same opponent? This was the case in Greenland and the injustice I suggest be corrected.

Wai
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
What I am saying is that WD points should be based on the player being attacked. This is not unfair to llps. Lower level players are not necessarily weaker as many campers have high attack and defense. Is it fair for a level 100 player with an attack strength of say 125,000 to get more WD points than a level 200 player with an attack strength of 125,000 for defeating the same opponent? This was the case in Greenland and the injustice I suggest be corrected.
I understand your point, but it doesn't follow that the higher level player will get less WD points than the lower.

Wai
02-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I suggest all Faction members have a number in any random order that could change from battle to battle or every few hours from 1 to X. X being the number of members.

This only needs to be visible to opponents and should be to the left of their names. So if we have 30 Alexs' then they will show their name and a number 1 through 30.

Seek & destroy
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I can't stand how my att can be say 190 for one hit then the next hit can drop to 120 what's the go with that frustrates the hell out of me,can this be fixed

Wai
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I can't stand how my att can be say 190 for one hit then the next hit can drop to 120 what's the go with that frustrates the hell out of me,can this be fixed
I wouldn't be happy with that either.

Augie
02-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I understand your point, but it doesn't follow that the higher level player will get less WD points than the lower.

Sadly Wai this is exactly what happened in Greenland. Higher level players did recieve less WD points (by my account around 33% less) than lower level players for defeating the same opponent.

USMC1976
02-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey all,

-Chris

My only thoughts were during this last session there were several attacks that the factions were so far advanced over us that there was no way possible to get any points and we were slaughtered for and hour. This gives the upper players and advantage that they don't need. They should be matched against factions in their class as well as we are matched in are class. As teams develop and advance then they change the groupings. But it was totally unbalanced and a no win for two events before we started seeing factions in our range. Just a thought.

USMC1976
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
So i just realized that my faction bonus are not being applied to my stats on my iphone 5.
But a fellow faction member sent me a screen shot of my stats and he sees the bonus applied to my stats.

Ere is a huge difference. I have been missing out on all faction bonuses except iph since the start of WD events. This is rediculous and has cost me countles WD points, units, and money.

Has anyone else noticed this. It appears it is an epidemic that all iOS users are suffering. Rediculous. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

Are these the ones for the gold and Rae Munsoon aircraft from Funzio? Because I keep getting them everyday but they are not being delivered to my account. This problem needs to be fixed, Thus far I'm out 400 gold and 8 aircraft.

Aparenteau
02-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Is it fair for a level 100 player with an attack strength of say 125,000 to get more WD points than a level 200 player with an attack strength of 125,000 for defeating the same opponent?

Yes this is fair. Why shouldn't the lower level player who achieves the same attack / defense stats earlier than the higher level player be rewarded with better WD points? He or she has played the game better; either through better game play decisions or in some cases paying more money in gold units, but that's how this game is played anyway, the more money or effort you put in, the greater the rewards.

However, if you asked me should someone who's put a lot of gold in like Ferr, PJ and a pile more, get less points then the level 100 player attacking the same opponent... Well, I would have a harder time justifying that situation, which did happen during Greenland as well. I don't know how you would set up battle math for that.

Wai
02-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Sadly Wai this is exactly what happened in Greenland. Higher level players did recieve less WD points (by my account around 33% less) than lower level players for defeating the same opponent.
It only appeared that way to you. Higher level players can receive consistently more points than lower levels attacking the exact same person.

If we kept the word 'levels' out of the discussion it might progress.

Some people received consistently more than others and others received less.

If something is said often enough, people believe it as fact.

Augie
02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
It only appeared that way to you. Higher level players can receive consistently more points than lower levels attacking the exact same person.

Have you read this entire thread? Numerous players experienced this same WD point condition and Gree pretty much admitted the different "level based" scoring system. It was not a figment of my imagination. It is pointless to continue this debate with you.

Wai
02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Have you read this entire thread? Numerous players experienced this same WD point condition and Gree pretty much admitted the different "level based" scoring system. It was not a figment of my imagination. It is pointless to continue this debate with you.

Yes I have read the thread but did skip over some of it. There is no need to be condescending.

Yes I agree with you that numerous players experienced that. Players also experienced the opposite. I hope you accept that. If you do then the theory is disproven and we need to look further.

When did they admit that? Where is that thread?

I never said it was a figment of your imagination. I would not be so rude. You saw what you saw and I accept that totally. Kindly show the same level of courtesy to me.

I was not being personal towards you at all, I was trying to open discussion to discover the actual reason; to challenge the widely held beliefs.

Discussion gets shut down so quickly here to anyone who dares question.

It was not debating with you, I was trying to hold a discussion on a respectful level.

If you don't want to discover the answer, then that is a matter for you.

I will do as you ask and not assist further with this.

Durt McGurt
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM

From what my entire faction experienced... Level 200 players scored at most 300 points for attacking a level 200 player. Generally ranged from 200-250. If we went against a faction with all low level players (happened several times) we would sit out the match as we were getting much lower points. Lower level players were able to score higher than 300 points for attacking the same target, points as high as 500 WD were scored. This is a fact from what the 40+ people in my faction experienced. As a level 200 player, this is very frustrating.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2z587mh.jpg

Level 110 player was able to score more against the same target than a level 200 player. #fact

Wai
02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Far out, Yes that is fact, I accept that happened to you fully. I accept it happend to many others as well.

Yes they are facts and yes I accept them. How can I be any clearer than that.

I am not challenging anyone's credibility here at all. I accept everyone who has said they experienced that as a fact. I also experienced exactly as you did. I also observed other things that caused me to analyse it further.

It's the conclusion that I am questioning and nothing more than that.

But that's enough now as I have just realised that we are moving off topic for this thread and apologise for that.

SGT Rud
02-23-2013, 09:09 PM
I am the highest level and strongest player in my faction. And I was able to score more points in any single hit than any of my other members, and more points overall through the entire war. Personally I think that the points given should be based off of how close the fight PvP was. If you successfully attacked or defended a player really close to your stats, you should get more points than that if you went to pick on the weakest little guys. There is no skill, chance or sportsmanship in that. But I do feel that you should score the most points if a lower stat player beat a overly large stat player. Makes sense to me.

albertbrs
02-24-2013, 12:35 AM
All great ideas, I was wondering about having a building that can generate gold, perhaps 4 a day or something like that so we should have the chance of getting gold units or health packs. Also create a market where you can trade cash for valor or gold, something like 1 mill cash for 100 valor or 1mill cash for 1 gold. Also create buildings beyond level 10, something like getting certain gold units in cash value at certain level. As you can see I don't use gold. But making it this way it would make achievable beating high level players. I'll make it more addictive. To compensate losses you should put ads at the very beginning of the game, when it finish loading perhaps. Just throwing some ideas. Thanks for reading

Jonmutley
02-24-2013, 06:46 AM
The events are really fun, and you guys did a great job fixing a lot of the issues experienced on Brazil for this last one. My suggestions:

1) Both of the events were too long. Make them 2 or 3 days max. I know you are doing this.
2) Space them out more! 15 days till the next one is WAY to soon. Lots of players throw tons of their time and energy into them, and having them this often risk burning everyone out. Spacing them out longer allows for everyone to recover and it builds lots of anticipation and excitement for the next one and you lose all that if they happen all the time.
3) Also as has been said many times, make it where either only the leader and officers can declare war or have it show on the screen who declared it. It hasn't been much of an issue with my faction, but I know for others it has. Just takes one guy being a troll and going rogue or thinking it's funny to ruin everything for the whole faction.
4) Show stats for wall hits and Power Attacks. These are often valuable efforts to the faction and the players doing them need to have it show for them so that everyone knows they are doing their part.absolutely bang on. A wise man here folks. He's tuned in to our human needs and emotional well being. Top boy! :)

procsyzarc
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I am the highest level and strongest player in my faction. And I was able to score more points in any single hit than any of my other members, and more points overall through the entire war. Personally I think that the points given should be based off of how close the fight PvP was. If you successfully attacked or defended a player really close to your stats, you should get more points than that if you went to pick on the weakest little guys. There is no skill, chance or sportsmanship in that. But I do feel that you should score the most points if a lower stat player beat a overly large stat player. Makes sense to me.

Are you level 200?

If so your faction sucks.

But do aggree it should be based on attack and defense not level

Ivanhoe
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
1. Let faction leader to give faction members medals/orders for WD battles.
2. WD points should be redeemable to something useful like medals above

ertrifo
02-24-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but is it possible to have the option to see the players history before accepting them in the faction (at least show the previous factions including join/leave dates)?

sir elmo
02-25-2013, 06:27 AM
There needs to be a way devised to allow factions to buy gold separate from that of an individual and the faction be allowed to disperse that gold its member who would benefit from be able to use the gold.

CplJC
02-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Please work a little extra hard on not aliniating people..

Suggestions:
Allow the Leader of a faction to mass MESSAGE! all of its members...Allow for faction forum messages to be directing notifying for players. Stop having events so close back to back.

FunzioPlayer
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Is there some way to monitor which member declared war during a campaign?

Dudebot121256
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Is there some way to monitor which member declared war during a campaign?Nope, you can't track who pressed declare war. Unless GREE slips in a way to track who declares war before Raid for Egypt.

dads
02-25-2013, 07:06 PM
A limited time building in the reach of mid or low level players.

The other one most seem to want is at the very least the event to be mthly these events burn you out & twice a mth is way to often.

fireman7910
02-26-2013, 05:37 AM
I have sent numerous emails to your company for a glitch where I had our based the limited battle items and as awarded the tank as bonus then your tam kicked me out. Now I don't get any items and you took gold!!!! Unreal gree!!! Now you should have something there were it would show I purchased 6000 gold and the purchases made that proves this??????

Wufnu
02-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Has CJ responded to anything in this thread?

SGT Rud
02-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Are you level 200?

If so your faction sucks.

But do aggree it should be based on attack and defense not level

No I am not level 200. I am level 90, and everyone else in the faction is in the 50s. So we are far from the top. We are also free players. We have spent very little on gold, just to get by on a boss or two, but thats it. Was it really worth talking smack. You didn't hurt yourself did you? Maybe you should consider wearing a helmet when you talk. I think that everything here should be kept at a professional level, kids play this game. Thanks for the info though, I would not have known otherwise if you didn't tell me.

ZDUBYA
02-27-2013, 07:53 AM

You did good with the SP hackers, but they just switched to inventory hacks. They would waste an hour of battle time, which could really haunt the borderline factions at the end. How do you know what a hacker looks like. I don't mean physically!! I have fan across a few players that have a considerably high attack and defense when they are the same level as me.

ZDUBYA
02-27-2013, 07:55 AM

You did good with the SP hackers, but they just switched to inventory hacks. They would waste an hour of battle time, which could really haunt the borderline factions at the end. How do you know what a hacker looks like. I don't mean physically!! I have ran across a few players that have a considerably high attack and defense when they are the same level as me.

TX-MA
02-27-2013, 09:08 AM
One of the most frustrating things our team has encountered is keeping up with each other and who's doing what, with the forum board. IE: you ask Jack and Jill to hit Defense Leader, then have to click out of the forum and back in to see if they got the message, and if they did their job. This can take multiple clicks out and back in before you finally get a response. Big waste of time and frustrating during battles. That's just one small example of all the things a team wants to communicate during battles, and hour after hour, day after day of this does more then try everyone's patience! A real time battle communications board that stays up during the battle, and doesn't need to be refreshed for ever message would solve this problem. The other possible option is to make the forum board work in the same way, no refreshing etc. The best solution is definitely a Battle Comm Board.
Thanks for reading this.

Some Random Clown
02-27-2013, 11:29 AM
OK my group is a NON GOLD using group and proud of it. We know we will never be in the top slot, we are looking to have fun and win the best prize at our level.

1. Events are too long and too often. How many more people need to say this? You can't rebuild and team build in two weeks. Start Friday noon PST and run it to COB Sunday. Plenty long enough for you all to make money and allow for people with Jobs and family to do thier thing too. No more than one of these a month. Yes there are 196ish countries on the planet. Dont have to battle for them all in one year though.

2. Leave the teams stats up a day or two after the event! Don't erase then 1 minute after the event closes so you can slap the next was banner up, put that crap somewhere else! So frickin frustrating to come home after work and all your stuff is wiped and you need to recap from memory who had top scores and who the dead slugs were that need axed. You can leave our team points up forever, do the same for the individuals.

3. Forts were suddenly plenty strong at level 1. Why can I do the same damage that I do in a boss event? For laughs we tried it and I had to burn out over half the team to knock down a level 1 fort. should point out that my team only lost 1 level 1 fort in over 40 battles as well. The team that took it out was huge and waaay more higher levels than joe average guy.

4. Fix the Android interfaces! having to reboot or reload the game for every shot is out of hand. There is a whole thread on these issues.

No Retreat No Surrender
02-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Firstly loving the game, forum and members..

We had 7 players from the UK to Asia staying up all night to do well in the event, as the faction is only a couple of weeks old we were really happy to get 280,514 winning 40 out of 44 battles... I think.

Where did we come?

We have no idea, our faction is not listed on the winners sheet, our score isnt on there ( there is a listing 'No Name' with 280,515) we did get prizes but please update the lists, they are live so you must have them...

Also our faction has no score, same as above really.

Whats the point of working so hard if even after a week and a support ticket ( not looked at ) none of my team know whats going on... I now have 18 members and worried...

Cheers

C - NRS

RedGunz
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Is there a way to know your factions rank?? Mine says 0...Also can there be a way to see what member started the war for future battles??

sgtcarter
02-27-2013, 01:34 PM
1st post...........

sgtcarter
02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
sry wrong thread and it wont let me delete ...can someone tell me, do i need to have a min amount of postings before i can post my own thread ? Its not letting me make my own

Some Random Clown
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Is there a way to know your factions rank?? Mine says 0...Also can there be a way to see what member started the war for future battles??

If you have someone with an android running MW they can see the teams status and rank, but they cant see the person they are attackings defense number and they also have to reload the game a lot so its a tradeoff.

Generik79
02-27-2013, 04:26 PM
sry wrong thread and it wont let me delete ...can someone tell me, do i need to have a min amount of postings before i can post my own thread ? Its not letting me make my own

There is a minimum, but please do not spam the boards in order to be able to post a new thread. It's unlikely it's important enough a thread to get moderation action taken against you. Best wishes. If you have some extremely important questions, just PM them to me and I will see if I can answer them or find an answer. Okay?

Tealeaf
02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Why create extra work for yourself if this can be done automatically?
I don't understand why more WD are given against high level players, you are simply encouraging players to camp. We had one level 200 player in the BfG with average att/def stats and he was picked out and murdered, losing hundreds of units, simply because he's been playing longer. Give more WD judged on
att/def strength which is fairer.
I've had to stop doing missions to avoid levelling up.
Also same occurs in boss events, punishing higher level players.

I have played since the start and wanted to reach level 200, but since WD started I want to go backwards in levels.

SirLongJonWong
02-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey all,

-Chris

I sent this in at the end of Greenland but have not heard back from your customer service or from you:

Chris,

I am trying to get some help. I love the game and spent over $2k during Greenland. I have submitted a ticket because 6 times during the event I was charged the full $100 for vault purchases, and on the last night I purchased 4 vaults of gold but only recieved two. The transactions posted to Itunes, but I did not receive the gold. Any assistance in getting these correctly resolved would be greatly appreciated.

To answer your game improvement questions:
1. Add more memory and bandwidth to your network. Use some of the money I spent and get some DS3's.
2. Add a live chat feed for teams and opponents during battle. Put one on the left of the screen and the opponents on the right. The teams can chat privately on the battle screen without letting the enemy se it, and they can provide misinformation or talk crap on the battle log, or chat window.
3. In the factions create other positions. Treasurer, VP, Defense Secretary, Diplomat, or anything to get people involved and playing. If they buy into it maybe you will make even more money.
4. Create an easier way for Leaders and officers to track active players and donations.
5. Make it to where only officers or the above mentioned posistions can declare war, or do specific things.
6. Allow for the forming of coalitions between factions to lead to a massive quarterly battle.
7. Come up with a way for players to earn gold without spending money. A gold mine that provides a bar a day or something. There are other apps that provide low stakes ways of doing this that attratct countless members daily. It will end up increasing your bottom line by enticing the people that play.
8. Reduce the time for the wars to no more than 2-3 days every 30 days. Pick a day in the last week or something, and always make it that day. The people will come back for more. Pushing the same idea to all of your games will push them away because they will not get a break.
9. Allow top ranked factions to invade (individually or with a coalition) previously gained/lost territories like Brazil or Greenland.

I have plenty more ideas but will await your response.

VR/ Sean

No Retreat No Surrender
02-28-2013, 03:28 PM
I second the refresh on the faction board, how about a to do list that's on the faction wall some where...

So I could leave messages for my team 'To Do' the git that raided all my money ;)

NRS

Plutorules
03-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Hi CJ

First of all thanks for great work - this is my first post so I have to say it.:cool:

Why not make a sticky thread that containes a list of things you are working to implement - this way we would stop suggesting things you are already working on.

Just beat a dead horse(no I am not cruel to animals). There need to be a minimum of one month between end of one campaign to the beginning of the next. Fill the time in between with more boss games or other event if it is for the revenues sake you are pressing it in. You also stated that you have a huge backlog with tickets do the big pile from BfB and BfG, so why makes a new one two weeks after if you cant keep up in customer service. I and my faction love the game and will play in Egypt but if the next one comes two weeks away then I will hand over the leadership to another and go back to just camp for half a year. Then mayby I will play faction game again.

Best wishes Pluto

Down4digital
03-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Does anybody know the exact time the battle will start on March 7th? Understandably it will be at different times for each timezone but I'm wondering if anyone knows a time?

Dutchie
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Usually events start at noon PST, 20:00 GMT. CJ has posted exact start times on here before, so come back here for confirmation!

Jonmutley
03-01-2013, 04:07 PM
This thread is hot! I love all the ideas, there great. I had some ideas myself but you guys have covered them all! Lets all hope the ideas get read and implemented. This would really boost our confidence in gree that the communication system/ model is followed effectively here. Well done guys, your ideas are great! :)

bluepunchbug
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM
This may of already been suggested...
but I didn't read every page...
Our faction forum has a lot of chatter..
Wish it wouldn't automatically remove
posts..I would like to see at least one
days worth...not just what was written
in the last few hours...may of already
been suggested...

Daviethree
03-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Anyway of logging how many power attacks and wall attacks have made to see their activity in faction battles?

Plutorules
03-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Hi Cj

I have updated my phones android and in the process lost my account somehow. I have submitted a ticket. I just want to know if it is realistick to solve it before BfE. If not I will just accept it and move on.

Best wishes Pluto

Jean marc
03-02-2013, 06:55 AM
This is all nice suggestion but why don't you apply them to all the gree game, some function are in one game but not the other. This is a bit frustrating. In this game the copy and paste function does not work but works in the other one.

Thank you,

Some Random Clown
03-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Was giving some of the other posts on here some thought about forum posts and keeping some stuff up.

How about either a seperate forum post area for permanent posts like faction rules and things, or a bump function that allows you to kick a post back up to the top. I could really use the seperate area though to do admin crap and give details on how to do some basic things.

trickpat16
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
I definitely agree the faction forum should allow for more posts before automatically removing them. Probably 3 times the amount of posts.

NastyThug
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
the events are too long

NastyThug
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
and not enough time in between

NastyThug
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
there should be more and better prizes

NastyThug
03-03-2013, 02:42 PM
why does only the winner get 3 upgrades why cant we get that for a few weeks or so

Dudebot121256
03-03-2013, 02:47 PM
why does only the winner get 3 upgrades why cant we get that for a few weeks or soGotta earn the prizes. If that was the top 10,000 prize, everyone would have it and it wouldn't give anyone an advantage.

Grand Overlord
03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Can we please get the official start and end times for Raid on Egypt.

Zach3432
03-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Can we get a confirm button? I'm not the only one with a finger slip or two. I mean to use gold and use cash, go to get one thing and end up hitting something else as I'm scrolling. Gree would get more gold out of me if I thought I could manage to scroll without buying an ally

Sparkle
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
So many great points & ideas here! I must say that I enjoyed the second battle. Too bad glitches kept me out of the first. Here are my thoughts after reading many posts :
1. Keep the 5 day length of the battles. It is a war. The length tests one's metal. Shucks... I did nursing school and worked nights in ICU and did graduate school and worked in an outdoor traveling prison program. Playing at war on a tiny telephone for a few days ain't nuthin'. Don't just trash talk. Be all that you can be. Do all that you can do.
2. Offer leagues as in sports so tots aren't expected to fight the pros for the big prizes. That's just obscene.
3. Allow only leaders & officers to declare war. They are supposed to have the responsibility for readying the troops. There would then be no need to show who done it and drum up more rift in the faction's unity.
4. PLEASE show A/D levels on Android phones if they are already on iPhones.
5. Those buildings like the Arctic estate that produce millions a day are priced way out of reach for even level 80 players yet some have two. Hackers perhaps? Be gone with them pronto! Regardless, please make more ability to amass that kind of fortune by making the building that reduces costs do so by more than 1 or 2% at a time. This is a lot of work for peanuts. There could also be more higher producing money buildings available between the ones already offered so we can have the hope of rising to an Arctic estate.
6. We could also do with more ways to acquire attack points, please.
7. Make certain that the boosts that one's faction purchased are fully available and functioning before the next battle rather than right after it.
8. Make Tapjoy's free gold opportunities actually function and please increase the amount of gold given for doing or downloading stuff. My credit card can't take another monthly commitment for stuff that I don't want. Surveys are cool. More gold for doing each of them, please.
9. Thanks for a great game and trying to make it better, CJ.

AceVent
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I have not played on iOS but there are a couple of improvements the Android verson needs.
1. When i do a mission attack or pvp attack, I lose units fair enough but I also win loot. Why is it if my device crashes, i still lose the units but the loot dissapears? Fix this please!
2. There are still bugs in the game. For instance when doing the government area mission, whenever i attack Pham Van Hinh or Chavo Luna my device crashes. As stated in point 1, I do not get any loot from the attack but lose units.
3. The units crashing my device are not just there but almost at every mission

Some Random Clown
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Gotta earn the prizes. If that was the top 10,000 prize, everyone would have it and it wouldn't give anyone an advantage.

Might be why I think the Monsoon, the Daylight Chaser, and the 1 yr veteran prizes were about worthless. Everyone got them. Only people hating it are the people who just joined the game.

I should qualify that statement with a possible fix. Here's a better prize for everyone. The free gold. Why? because there are so many different things you can do with it. make a down payment on something nice like a new unit, use it to open a crate and hope you dont get a block, use it to VIP allies, or stash it for a WD health pack. It gives the advantage to people who use thier brains a bit.

SGT Rud
03-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Looking good. The faction forum has been updated to track donations. I noticed this last night at about 8pm. I like it. The only thing that I didn't like was the tracking of concrete donations. It kinda bogs down the forum with a ton of posts. But I can't have my cake and eat it too. Ill take what I can get. Thanks for the upgrade CJ.