PDA

View Full Version : We have stopped declaring war... We want 2 or 3 days max.

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
We have stopped declaring war 14 hours ago as we believe we have secured our placing for the prize we were aiming for and also to send out a message to GREE that even 4 days is too long for such high intensive gameplay.

Only 10 hours left and although it isn't over until the fat lady sings, we hope we don't have to fight anymore to ensure and secure our prize.

I hope you are listening GREE... Maximum 72 hours for the next WD event or even better 48 hours!

Tournai
02-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Exactly, you guys secured youre price! thats why! not because its to long! right?
Rangers LLP keeps amazing me every time :P

Good luck guys

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 02:17 AM
We went all out at the start and focused our energies over the weekend when people have the time available to play. Of course if our prize wasn't secured, we would have no option but to continue to fight but we now have the luxury of making this choice and have the ability to send GREE a message... Enough is enough, make it 3 days like you promised! :)

BrodawgCanada
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM
GREE doesn't make enough $$ to pay staff OT to be in on a stat, as we could have had one day less!!!

Tournai
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM
We went all out at the start and focused our energies over the weekend when people have the time available to play. Of course if our prize wasn't secured, we would have no option but to continue to fight but we now have the luxury of making this choice. :)

so it is not really that its to long? You guys would have been fighting if you where not in de range of place 100!
I mean between in, because I gues thats youre goal at least!
Thing is, I would love to see our faction end in top 250, but that is not reachable for us anymore.
What I also noticed is that we need a little start up from 1 day. After that everyone participated.
Without gold there is NO way to end in the top 250.

In the end I do get why people do not like the event going on at monday and tuesday, just because of their weekly jobs and other things.

So Dutchie, what place do you think you guys will end?

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 02:33 AM
so it is not really that its to long? You guys would have been fighting if you where not in de range of place 100!
I mean between in, because I gues thats youre goal at least!
Thing is, I would love to see our faction end in top 250, but that is not reachable for us anymore.
What I also noticed is that we need a little start up from 1 day. After that everyone participated.
Without gold there is NO way to end in the top 250.

In the end I do get why people do not like the event going on at monday and tuesday, just because of their weekly jobs and other things.

So Dutchie, what place do you think you guys will end?

We were 40th at one stage but anywhere in the top 100 suffices. It doesn't matter if we are placed 40th or 100th, although 100th would be too close for comfort :)

If there was a top 50 prize, things would be different.

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Just seen the 'To all MW Players' thread where some of our faction members have already stated what I stated here after VFF Charlie are doing the same thing -

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46320-To-all-MW-Players

Kudos to you VFF Charlie!

Sillybeans
02-19-2013, 03:09 AM
There's also alot of talk of people considering quitting thanks to the GREEd the company has. While we're sitting 27th and have a shot at 25th the event should have been over now! If members like Ferr are publicly announcing their possible retirement including others that are keeping it within the faction there should be some panic within GREE.

Yet not a peep has been herd, the easiest method would be to refund all previous purchases before ''such and such'' date and allow the buyers to repurchase new crates/LE sets. Sure they would keep the old bonus unit's but they're valued customers or so I hope.

HGF69
02-19-2013, 04:11 AM
We have stopped declaring war 14 hours ago as we believe we have secured our placing for the prize we were aiming for and also to send out a message to GREE that even 4 days is too long for such high intensive gameplay.

Only 10 hours left and although it isn't over until the fat lady sings, we hope we don't have to fight anymore to ensure and secure our prize.

I hope you are listening GREE... Maximum 72 hours for the next WD event or even better 48 hours!

Totally agree, in fact i don't know if we would participate in the first 3 days of a 5 day event.

And no dropping it to 4, its 3 or nothing.

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Honstey it's going to take a lot for GREE to relise that pps mean what that say so many said x% or no gold yet went out & brought it will take a lot of solidaorty for GREE to stop changeing the rules at the last min.
Supporting the underdog who got suckered with last min prize change would help you gain more support,sure they may well make it 3 days next time however for it to work long time the rules can't keep chopping & changeing at the last min.
No matter if that rule effects you of not,it's the only way your going to bring real solidaorty to making a hole in gress idea of the fact that they can change whatever rule suits then at the last min.

The reason for the prize change is that they only wanted to award prizes to factions that actually partipcate in a few events during the duration. At the 10,000 level, you only needed 1 battle and you got the prize and a nice prize too. Is that really fair on the players that do spend time and effort on the WD events.

GREE have calculated that 4000 faction places are the right number for the factions that actually participate. I mean to be in the top 4000, currently it is 32,489 WD points. That can easily be achieved in one battle, but of course lower factions won't have as many members and so it might take 3 or 4 battles to achieve a score of 32,489. Is that really too much to ask for from the lower factions in order to win the prize for 4000th place?

I know GREE keep chopping and changing the prize levels, but they didn't know how many factions would actually participate in the WD event. They had some good numbers from B4G and hence they came up with the new prize list, albeit just before the event started!

I am sure that the next splash screen for the Battle of Egypt will show prizes for the top 10,000 again, but I can assure you that won't be the case, unless they had a dramatic increase in participation and I just don't see that with the current points for 4000th place.

So, I have given you the logic and GREE's reasoning for changing the prize structure and no it is not false advertising as some claim it is!

Pakmom1
02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Dutchie, I can agree with a lot of what you're saying, and not so much on some. It could just be that my faction sucks, even for a free-players group, or it could be something else. We actually managed to have less people participating this round than the last, but those of us that did got our butts kicked! And we worked our tails off to get what we did.

There didn't seen to be any clear parameters to our matches, other than getting a group that placed somewhere between 200 to 3500 in B4B. Granted, i know there was a lot work put in by some factions to reorganize and increase stats, etc, but we just couldn't get anywhere this round. Getting 10k WD points in even 1 round would have been nice, much less 30k - total pipe dream. We were also glitchy, getting 3 hits instead of 4 on a lot of full regens, watching players def stats change when different people hit the same target (maybe theres a different calculation based on attackers stats?). We got varying messages from -event data update to can't find server or getting booted out of the game, but half the time it would take the energy away anyways.

I guess it would be easier to analyze if we could see more data, spreads between say, 1000th and 4000th. I have no clue who's running up our tailpipe or sleeping. Not that it matters much, after all - it is just a game.

conclusion: I know a lot of it had to do with participation, planning, strategy, etc (or lack of it). We didn't make top 1000 this time (no chance of catching it at this point as we are about 32k short on points), and I'm wiped and disillusioned. maybe after some sleep / down time I'll feel better about things. Definitely time to make some changes, loyalty this round got us nothing. But hey- we'll get the super duper top 4000th prize at least! Lol

dads
02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I understand the bottomed out prize what I don't agree with is the way they did it.
It didnt update for us until 2 hr after the event started.

This isn't me I just read a thread about it.
One faction of two brought some gold aiming for top 10,000 they also didnt get the update till after they brought the gold.That prize then disaperard I just don't see how that's right.
I don't claim false advertising I just don't see it's right that the updated prizes where not avalibile to all before the event.

Anyways it's slighty off topic I will bow out.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
You do KNOW, don't you, that you are under no obligation to play?

You can simply and politely decline Gree's invitation to play any WD Event, and you become the master of your fate, again.

What we do is entirely up to each of us.

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
You do KNOW, don't you, that you are under no obligation to play?

You can simply and politely decline Gree's invitation to play any WD Event, and you become the master of your fate, again.

What we do is entirely up to each of us.

Too true... but I enjoy the fun we have as a team. If it were to become boring and monotonous then I will leave the game. For sure, the game is all about button bashing, but I enjoy the camaraderie we have in our team.