PDA

View Full Version : Why did my battle plan and strategy get annihilated?

Fook u
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Because they changed what we see of the opposing factions' members! What a cruel and mean thing to do. I spent days and hours and lost a lot of sex and sleep building, organizing and planning this darn thing based on what we saw last time. Then we see allies only?? Where's the faction member rank? Where's the level??

Now we're going to be fighting a bunch of factions that all have the same name and number of allies? Brilliant. I unfortunately won't be lame and put my faction through that sort of humiliation. We still got close to top 250 but the prizes aren't worth it. So I guess we will just cruise control into top 1000 every event and spend that $20 bucks for a power attack on the girlfriend instead. If we still have them.

Grrr Gree! I break up.

spitfire
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Because they changed what we see of the opposing factions' members! What a cruel and mean thing to do. I spent days and hours and lost a lot of sex and sleep building, organizing and planning this darn thing based on what we saw last time. Then we see allies only?? Where's the faction member rank? Where's the level??

Now we're going to be fighting a bunch of factions that all have the same name and number of allies? Brilliant. I unfortunately won't be lame and put my faction through that sort of humiliation. We still got close to top 250 but the prizes aren't worth it. So I guess we will just cruise control into top 1000 every event and spend that $20 bucks for a power attack on the girlfriend instead. If we still have them.

Grrr Gree! I break up.

LMFookingAO

Dutchie
02-19-2013, 02:14 AM

Grrr Gree! I break up.

Everyone is in the same boat. We changed our battle plans after about 3 battles when we finally determined the best strategy with the new tweaks that GREE threw at us. It is called 'thinking on your feet'!

But yeah, I hope they don't tweak the parameters before every WD event otherwise the pre-planning isn't much use.

HGF69
02-19-2013, 04:13 AM
To be fair in a real war you won't know every soldiers name you are fighting against and you might not know their strength.

But as the battle goes on, you gather intel on them and this builds a picture, which is kinda what we are all doing.

Wai
02-19-2013, 04:30 AM
I believe the removal of rank was a positive step. Levels are irrelavant. Leaving allies there was a good move from Gree to achieve an outcome particularly so for the high level players and MLPs. Once achieved, I don't see a need for the number of allies to be displayed. If everyone has the same name then remove them as well and give random numbers 1 - n.

If all the information was like PvP, then what is the point of it. I'm sure some might like it to tell them with certainty who they can beat and who they cannot. In my view, the 'Fog of War' is a major positive for WD. I'm just not convinced it all needed to be so secretive with nothing announced.

Lt. Falcon
02-19-2013, 06:57 AM
LMFookingAO

Nice one Spit!!

SGT Rud
02-19-2013, 08:30 AM
I believe the removal of rank was a positive step. Levels are irrelavant. Leaving allies there was a good move from Gree to achieve an outcome particularly so for the high level players and MLPs. Once achieved, I don't see a need for the number of allies to be displayed. If everyone has the same name then remove them as well and give random numbers 1 - n.

If all the information was like PvP, then what is the point of it. I'm sure some might like it to tell them with certainty who they can beat and who they cannot. In my view, the 'Fog of War' is a major positive for WD. I'm just not convinced it all needed to be so secretive with nothing announced.

I agree. I was straight spankin some guys that were at least 40 or 50 levels ahead of me. And as for the allies, some guys had like 2000 allies. It was a little intimidating, but most of them showed to be little winnies. I dont want a answer of whether I am going to win or not, I want to fight so that I can win. Where is the chance, skill, stategy. You never know exactly who your opponent is.

quantumace
02-19-2013, 11:17 AM
The lack of up front information means you need a wave of test attacks to determine the actual strength of each player, and identify prime targets. That encourages using gold to get the test fights done as quickly as possible.

Not a bad strategy for gree.

Fook u
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Everyone is in the same boat. We changed our battle plans after about 3 battles when we finally determined the best strategy with the new tweaks that GREE threw at us. It is called 'thinking on your feet'!

But yeah, I hope they don't tweak the parameters before every WD event otherwise the pre-planning isn't much use.

It's all good. I just feel like we prepared for a game of chess, and then got checkers. Preparation will be easy next time. Beef up the allies of your weakest players. Drop allies down for your strongest. Boom! That will be done in two days. Bring on the next battle!!!!