PDA

View Full Version : Has The Intro of Factions Changed The Forum....

BigD@wg
02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
So what do you think the introduction of factions did to our forum?

Durt McGurt
02-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I can't vote on this one as I didn't check the forums before the faction element was introduced. I don't know how the forums were before but if not for factions...I would not be on the forums...for better or worse.

Wai
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
I can't vote on this one as I didn't check the forums before the faction element was introduced. I don't know how the forums were before but if not for factions...I would not be on the forums...for better or worse.

More bravado and chest beating by a few. Hey, but if that makes them feel good reading there own drivel then thats OK. I am hopeful it brings a lot more people here to discuss matters and drown out the unnecessary bravado.

So I won't vote because its a worse place right now for my personal experience but I think it will end up a better place because of it.

King little fruit fly
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
It is not the same for sure, since a lot of old timers are chatting within themselves only now. There is no need to come here anymore with the in-game forum.

Ajk
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
It is void of any usefulness. No offense.

Put that in your poll.

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 06:12 PM
In my opinion, it's pitted everyone against each other. The once whole forum is now separated and clawing at each other's throats. Factions made it a race to the top and to stomp on anyone who gets in your way.

King little fruit fly
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
In my opinion, it's pitted everyone against each other. The once whole forum is now separated and clawing at each other's throats. Factions made it a race to the top and to stomp on anyone who gets in your way.

little bot, you are right on, remember that beastlyman said it yesterday about kicking out soccerstud for sharing valuable information like how the wd pts were determined here.

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
little bot, you are right on, remember that beastlyman said it yesterday about kicking out soccerstud for sharing valuable information like how the wd pts were determined here.If soccerstud shared that information before factions were added, I'd safely bet that everyone would thank him and other people would even add on to his idea. But not anymore.

SoccerStud
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
little bot, you are right on, remember that beastlyman said it yesterday about kicking out soccerstud for sharing valuable information like how the wd pts were determined here.
He takes this GAME waaaaayyyy too seriously. Most of you do. That's all it is, a game, meant to pass time.

BigD@wg
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
I used to find it a fun, helpful, entertaining place. Now, not so much.

SoccerStud
02-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes, the forum has changed. It used to be a helpful place full of knowledge and people like TrampStamp making new guides every other day helping out the new players. Now it's full of people like PJ, just trying to stir up trouble and posting stupid threads about how great PUN is and how they will win. Who cares? (That's just an example). There is also trolls, and too much recruitment threads and almost no helpful information. I say thanks to the people who still contribute like mxz and others.

hombre
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
i find that theres alot of self-righteousness emerging as well. high ranked faction players refusing to acknowledge that theres alot of things going on in not-so-pro factions, problems they just dont have with 40 goldspending and well informed members. this used to be a casual game - it is not anymore.

King little fruit fly
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey buddy, thanks for trying so hard...they will never get it ...they will continue
to donate to Gree...why? Because they have no sense...they only have ...
self interest sense....reason why our country gets in so much trouble ...democracy
only works if you have educated fellows...we have too many stupid fellows..here
and everywhere...no worries mate...FFP ok...not my job...God job

Eddie is the only good thing here happens after the stupid WD event kicks off. :cool:

Procyon
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It has changed immensely. Maybe because of the factions, but a year ago when the game was still relatively new it was people sharing information and helping others. Not to say it was kumbaya, but it was much more about strategy and yeh, people giving others some crap and having some fun.

Now it seems to be more about *****ing and chest thumping. Its not an awful place and sharing of information is still around but it's less of a community than it once was. Are there still Friday night fights? I miss the Bronson award threads. Is name that forumite still around?

But the game has changed to. I just posted on another thread that what used to take people months to do (build IPH, build stats, etc) takes a fraction of the time now with boss events, factions, crates, mega money buildings, LEs, higher vault limit, etc.) I can remember going to the Docks to farm Amphibious Troopers. Lol! Does anyone still do that?!

I sound old, but no I didn't walk to school barefoot and uphill both ways.

Procyon
02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I should also say that the great thing about the factions is I've gotten to team, strategize, get to know and become friends with some great folks from around the world. In the smaller groups you get to know people much better.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome to our world. It hasn't been a casual game for a year for us. Weve made great friends during that same period of time. Of course people like to thump their chests a little, not a thing wrong with that. For some groups getting to the top 100 was more effort than it was for us to get first. We only make it look easy though. It's a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Always have to remember, this is supposed to be fun, so you've got to keep that element in it for your team. Someday we will write a book, and you might be amazed all just how deep the rabbit hole really is.

Q Raider
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
I just want the X on the map to that rabbit hole......gotta be some gold spillage in it :-)

Wai
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
I should also say that the great thing about the factions is I've gotten to team, strategize, get to know and become friends with some great folks from around the world. In the smaller groups you get to know people much better.

Totally 'Spot on' Procyon.

"T"
02-19-2013, 05:01 AM
I think that the forum has certainly changed. As has been stated above, people used to give advice freely and discuss tactics. Now it seems people are more suspicious and guarded in the information they will talk about. It is a shame, I used to look forward to reading the forum as you could be sure of finding some good advice or at least some friendly and interesting banter between members.

While factions have made the actual gameplay more interesting, they have also certainly moved the focus of many people from this forum to the in game forum. I miss the banter of old.

SGT Rud
02-19-2013, 05:37 AM
I wasn't here way back when... I am new at least in the past two weeks. I came here trying to find some new allies. I can still do a search on old threads and find advice information. Though you dont see much of that now. Everything always changes and evolves. People are slower to change than the change itself. I haven't really talked to many people on here, been in a couple arguments. It happens. Its part of the game. I don't look at it as a fight, and those who I argue with I still think as of a online friend. Their opinion or stategy will always be different than mine. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. The point is to have fun. Some people like to get on here and talk some smack, nothing relatively wrong with that so long as its in the guidelines laid out in the rules forum. Talking smack is part of the game as well. I am still new to the Modern War game in total. I have only been playing since mid-January. My wife started playing two weeks prior. I am double her level, 10 times stronger, and pull far more MPH than her. She is almost too weak to fight on her level. But I continue to help build her base and up her units so she can enjoy the game too.

I have made a few friends like PJ, WAI, and King little fruit fly. True that we dont talk in the game and not on a personal level here either, but I am always looking to see what they write in here as they seem to be very opinionated. The forums now do seem to have a flow of information for trying to improve the game. Everyone will have their own opinion on improvements, some people don't want any change at all. But online games in general are designed to promote making new friends and having fun doing it.

Poopenshire
02-19-2013, 07:06 AM
I think things didn't change, it just made people realize who was really who and what they were here for. Sorry guys but REG vs VFF really showed everyones true colors...... There was no teamwork not partnering, it was REG for REG and forget the rest. the VFF teams had potential, and infact still do, they atleast communicate and work together. Guys like McDoc and Hivesy and several others gave up alot to help build and lead each VFF team, and deserve a world of thanks for that. Myself I choose a different path for my own reasons, but still respect the VFF teams more than anything.

Pakmom1
02-19-2013, 08:12 AM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It has changed immensely. Maybe because of the factions, but a year ago when the game was still relatively new it was people sharing information and helping others. Not to say it was kumbaya, but it was much more about strategy and yeh, people giving others some crap and having some fun.

Now it seems to be more about *****ing and chest thumping. Its not an awful place and sharing of information is still around but it's less of a community than it once was. Are there still Friday night fights? I miss the Bronson award threads. Is name that forumite still around?

But the game has changed to. I just posted on another thread that what used to take people months to do (build IPH, build stats, etc) takes a fraction of the time now with boss events, factions, crates, mega money buildings, LEs, higher vault limit, etc.) I can remember going to the Docks to farm Amphibious Troopers. Lol! Does anyone still do that?!

I sound old, but no I didn't walk to school barefoot and uphill both ways.

You forgot: the walk was 2 miles, in the snow, no coat, after getting up at 0:dark something to do 2 hours of morning chores! Lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I haven't been on here long either, but do notice that it can be really hard to find helpful information. By the same token, a few of the best pieces of advice are:
it's only a game, we all have lives outside of it. Play it for the distraction from real life as its intended.
Take time to love your family & friends.
Oh, and "you need to join a better faction!" Lol
No matter how bad things are in the game, there are people who have it much worse in the real world.
These are but a few of the things that have stuck with me.

I like the fun threads and think that there are some pretty awesome people on here who really do try to lighten things up for everyone. In PJ's defense (from SoccerStuds earlier post), i see him adding a lot of humor, as well as reality checks. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion of course. Just because some of us don't have the resources to compete in that league doesn't make them wrong or bad.

Procyon
02-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Lol, pakmom! That's how I feel. Like the old caretaker from Scooby Doo saying I would've gotten away with it if it was for you darn kids.

To some comments above, chest thumping is fine. People should be proud of what they accomplished. I can choose to read or not read something.

I guess what I meant was, there doesn't seem to be the conversations there used to be. As an example, I can remember when there was a couple week long conversation about the existence or non-existence of a super faction way before the official Gree faction notion. It was intelligent banter. People agreed, disagreed asked for more information. It was interesting stuff. I don't see much of that any longer. The SoCal meeting that included Funzio. Getting minute by minute updates and pics. Could you imagine that happening now? Not good, not bad, just different.

To poop's comment. I think one of the main reasons for the start of VFF was for Veteran Forum members to band together and I was thrilled when I was invited to join. Yeh, part of it was about world domination but a larger part was to bring that specific community together a little closer.

Almost noon by me. Need to start getting ready for the 3:00 early bird special dinner at Cracker Barrel.