PDA

View Full Version : I gotta tell you guys....

CAPT.GIN
02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I honestly feel like a million bucks! I'm full of energy and stress free, I really enjoyed my last weekend with my family and friends. I slept great and had no worries... Why you ask? Well because unlike the rest of you guys who lost sleep and energy and were stressing out because of all the bugs with Greenland and who lost money! I skipped this whole event and I can honestly say I'm 100% glad I did it! It was a amazing vacation and I wouldn't mind skipping the next one or the one after that : )... So to all who lost sleep and energy and waisted there weekend tapping a attack button over and over again for some pixels with numbers next to them, next time when you feel like relaxing just do what I did and you will love it trust me...

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 04:40 PM
The feeling of beating an addiction is awesome, isn't it? :)

CAPT.GIN
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
The feeling of beating an addiction is awesome, isn't it? :)

I wouldn't call it a addiction my good friend but yes you are rite!

Ajk
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Its not an addiction, its a community, and we miss you, lol.

CAPT.GIN
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
A lot of people need to realize its ok to skip a event, it's ok to put the game down and spend time with friends and family, it's ok to let the other guy win, you can't win them all! Gree has to many hooked like a bass on a hook but not me! I'm one of the bass who got away...

Ajk
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Ever since they joined PUN, its been all downhill here. Maybe it was the trolls, but, I dont know.

Don't let my join date fool you, I was lurking here long before that. Yes this is my only account, first and last.

soulnmysole
02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Yep, same here. Didnt compete in Greenland or Brazil. Best decisions I could of made. I honestly cant see myself competing in any of the WD events. The prizes just arent worth their cost... the stress, the bugs, the hackers, the money, the loss of time, loss of sleep.

Ever time I read one of the numerous threads of players complaining about hackers or bugs, it just reaffirms my decision not to participate.

I feel bad for people like Ferr who spend thousands and thousands of dollars and wind up having a bad game experience. Then end up placing in 2nd for some crappy prizes that are useless for him.

CAPT.GIN
02-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Yep, same here. Didnt compete in Greenland or Brazil. Best decisions I could of made. I honestly cant see myself competing in any of the WD events. The prizes just arent worth their cost... the stress, the bugs, the hackers, the money, the loss of time, loss of sleep.

Ever time I read one of the numerous threads of players complaining about hackers or bugs, it just reaffirms my decision not to participate.

I'm still tired out from brazil...

Ajk
02-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I gotta say I miss the info that was shared. Now, with factions, its divided everyone on the forums.

Auspex
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Factions were a huge game changer.

It's really not the same game at all. While the forum was a closer group of people sharing a lot of common information we have changed slightly (to a whinny group... jk), I think there is a lot more competition and certainly a lot more bluster in the posts.

The forum is more active now and I think Gree is getting more feedback than they expected from the *cough* beta we are doing.

Personally I would play only a few times a day without factions and check the forums a few times a week now I'm constantly logged in to both. I may be the exception but I feel much more connected to the game and the people in both the forum and my faction.

There are a lot of bugs to fix and some great changes that need to happen but I think the Faction addition was a bold direction for MW to head in and I'm sure it's paying off.

Wai
02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
I gotta say I miss the info that was shared. Now, with factions, its divided everyone on the forums.
Hi AJK, it hasn't divided everyone, just some think it has. Whispering faction secrets that are basic knowledge to everyone else. Yelling at others for no sane reason. These people would not be like that at all in real life, they just get stressed out and are not face to face with you.

I have really enjoyed the idea of factions just not the length of it so I will be considering things after this as well unless the rules change. (oh and we are told about it. LOL)

Romaro
02-18-2013, 11:46 PM
A lot of people need to realize its ok to skip a event, it's ok to put the game down and spend time with friends and family, it's ok to let the other guy win, you can't win them all! ...

I like your word, cheers

Pappy14
02-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Yes its ok to spend time with family and not stay up ALL night in front of a phone. But its also possible to spend time with family and otherwise enjoy your private life AND participate in WD. Come on people I was camping on an island from fri morning to midday sunday. Had a blast and also participated in WD. Not a whole lot of gold spent by my faction and we easily finished top 500. So now without spending any money and "stressing" myself out like so many people claim, I'm walking away with 2 units that are great for my army. Granted my acct is only months old and ive still got a ways to go, don't complain about the time, money etc u guys "waste" when thats what you choose to waste it in. If the profit is not worth the effort, don't bother with it. I guess my point is you don't have to avoid this game altogether to enjoy life. If you must avoid this game and its events at all costs to be "happy" then you have issues lol.

Phew that got long to type on my phone.

quantumace
02-19-2013, 10:42 AM
On a semi related note, I opened a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 this weekend. It was delicious.

GeekKid101
02-19-2013, 11:38 AM
How come Gree took out the top 500 price?

pick_sax
02-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I am pretty much in the "I hate GREE" mode, BUT that being said...

The faction thing is, so far, the best part of the game. You get to interact with other folks that like the same thing, and work toward a common set of goals. All bugs and issues aside, it is a game changer.

From the GREE perspective, I'll bet it generates lots of revenue, especially with the modified prize setup. At 1000, the cutoff between gold and free players was no where to be found. At 250, making the top 250 will pull cash money out of pockets.

Now, if they just fix bugs and respond to customer desires (they won't) they would be ok.

A lot of people need to realize its ok to skip a event, it's ok to put the game down and spend time with friends and family, it's ok to let the other guy win, you can't win them all! Gree has to many hooked like a bass on a hook but not me! I'm one of the bass who got away...

Wai
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
From the GREE perspective, I'll bet it generates lots of revenue, especially with the modified prize setup. At 1000, the cutoff between gold and free players was no where to be found. At 250, making the top 250 will pull cash money out of pockets.
Now that's a very good observation.

Octavian
02-19-2013, 05:54 PM
The events are enjoyable. I'm a bit torn on the rewards. They are cool, but all it does is create more separation from the tops and bottoms of the rankings. The more events, the less competitive things will be.