PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on how to proceed (boss relatd)

Holicaholic
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
On my camper I'm getting ready to finish boss #29 and ~could~ go to 40 if I wanted to do so. However, if I were to do that I'm pretty sure I would end up leveling past level 25 and for the next boss would be on the next tier and would likely not be able to finish him/her off. So, should I go for 40 and get the item, or go as far as I can without getting to level 25 and wait for the next boss in order to get more items easier?

Euchred
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
The next tier starts at level 26, you could be level 25.5 at the start of the next boss and still be in the first tier. One reason I'd go to 40 for this one is that the nighty is strong and if MW taught me anything it's that the next boss probably won't have as good loot. But if you can beat 35 this time and 40 the next compared to 40 this time and only 20 next time it might be worth it to hold off.

Da_Boss
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
I am currently on level 19 and completed boss 33 right now. I am going for 40 also but I've done the math and determined I'll finish and be at level 22. What level are you on and have you calculated where the bosses will take you?

My advice would be to wait. You can complete more bosses in tier one and still get a grand prize by waiting until the next. The only downfall is the next grand prize may not be as good. Can't say for sure though as all the weapons recently have inflated. Crates, box event, boss event...all have recently had items that are stacked compared to past events.

Holicaholic
02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Is there a way to calculate the amount of XP gained from a boss fight, along with the amount of XP needed for a certain level?

Kepheus2nd
02-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Is there a way to calculate the amount of XP gained from a boss fight, along with the amount of XP needed for a certain level?

There's a table in here that tells you how much XP you get from each boss beaten:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40705-The-Billionaires-Guide-to-Boss-Events

Total amount for all 40 bosses is 4,300 xp. At lower levels that means you'll climb the ladder quite a bit. Only above level 85 the xp range of a level is bigger than 4,300.

The Billionaire
02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Here's the two threads you need, you should be able to work everything out, that might help you make your decision. Personally I'd go for this boss event item, euchred is right about the next boss event item being a lot weaker, it's very likely they'll do what they did in MW. Got for it

The XP gain from each boss level completed.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40705-The-Billionaires-Guide-to-Boss-Events

The XP needed to level up. Post #5
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46237-Level-XP-guide

Blackhart217
02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
I posted the same question in the Boss M. Payne Thread.

I did the math after reading your chart and by just over 100 EXP, Id reach level 26 after beating Level 40. Sucks so bad.

But can I pass up a 1685/2065 Grand Prize and probably 3 more Rare/Uncommon Items?

Peppers
02-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Blackhart, I responded to your post in the other thread...

:)

Da_Boss
02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
What's your current xp right now and level? Are you on boss 30 now?

Holicaholic
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm getting ready to start boss #31 and I have 7313 XP.

Coldjoey
02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
You have enough attack, you need about 6500. I would go for it as it is a real good prize. Say it's worth ten rare items, if you stopped bosses now and did the next boss you would finish that one too, but if you do this boss and get to next tier you can still farm another 20 boss items from tier two. Do you have pig skins? If you have and you lost them you may not got to finish the next boss on tier 1

Illuminati
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
All I can say is screw the lower level players/campers who can manage to get 40 kills with little to no gold spent for essentially the same end-reward while most higher level players (~level 200) can't get past 20 without gold.

Holicaholic
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
All I can say is screw the lower level players/campers who can manage to get 40 kills with little to no gold spent for essentially the same end-reward while most higher level players (~level 200) can't get past 20 without gold.

I, for one, am glad that that's apparently all you can say. I have an over-100 player as my main account and I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't whine about it.

Joey, I think the attack needed on tier 1 with 13 hits is 8,3xx.

mxz
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
You've already invested the XP into this one. Finish it and put up the tent until you can do tier 2.

Da_Boss
02-18-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm getting ready to start boss #31 and I have 7313 XP.

So you're at level 23. I still say stop and wait. You will get more items in tier one by waiting for the next boss before moving into tier 2 and those will ultimately help with tier 2

bald zeemer
02-18-2013, 11:14 PM
There is no reasonable argument to pass on a boss you can finish off, unless you are camping purely for a high-value modifier, which could easily leave you camping in the same level for months or even indefenately. Realistically the items you get from this will give you a good head start in getting your stats high enough to take down a tier 2 boss anyway.

Holicaholic
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
WOOP WOOP!!!

Got the item WITHOUT reaching level 26. Hopefully the next boss event will have a good item with it so I won't have to worry about leveling up between now and then.

Also got some pretty sick loot:

COMMON
Hard Discipline Mallet- 8
Spiked Leather Bracers- 6
Teaser Pistol- 6

UNCOMMON
Mistress Gloves- 8
Chained Punisher- 2
Curved Fetish Blade- 3

RARE
Domina Shooter- 1
Choker Garrote- 5
Heartbreaker Dagger- 1

Da_Boss
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Nice. Congrats. Now don't do anything in the game lol. How many xp away from 26? I'm about to complete 40 and will be on level 23

I've never completed 40 before. Did you get a random item and the grand prize?

Holicaholic
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I got the pistol from the commons. It was actually my first common after passing boss 25. I'm at 9153 XP so I should be ok.

TriBeCa99
02-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Okay... after reading this thread I've decided to create a second account and camp. I had no idea low level players could get the epic boss rewards until now....

Any general advice you guys can give me? I was going to create a separate thread asking for camping advice, but I can't until I have 10 posts.

I know how to build an economy, so I don't need help there--I mean advice on handling the boss and package events.

AK-47
02-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Okay... after reading this thread I've decided to create a second account and camp. I had no idea low level players could get the epic boss rewards until now....

Any general advice you guys can give me? I was going to create a separate thread asking for camping advice, but I can't until I have 10 posts.

I know how to build an economy, so I don't need help there--I mean advice on handling the boss and package events.
If the boss event is tops on your list for your camper, then its all about attack. Use any RP you get from Scratchers on the melee to start as those are the best low level RP stats. All stat points into attack, have max mafia for your level, and make sure you have enough items to fully equip them all in every category. Buy the best cash items you can as well for better attack. My camper had decent stats to start the event, about 5k/6k. After boss 40, they were more like 11k/12k. Definitely worth the levels gained IMO. Good luck!

TriBeCa99
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
If the boss event is tops on your list for your camper, then its all about attack. Use any RP you get from Scratchers on the melee to start as those are the best low level RP stats. All stat points into attack, have max mafia for your level, and make sure you have enough items to fully equip them all in every category. Buy the best cash items you can as well for better attack. My camper had decent stats to start the event, about 5k/6k. After boss 40, they were more like 11k/12k. Definitely worth the levels gained IMO. Good luck!

Thanks! Do you do the crate events as well? I'm thinking I'll just rob laundromats to get enough crates to open 1/hr.

Also, is there any way to get tapjoy gold during the sale? The link is gone....

Holicaholic
02-22-2013, 11:44 AM
I would make sure you plan on completing the event before you start it. To me the common/uncommon/rare items aren't enough on their own to justify leveling up, so make sure you can/are willing to see it to the end. The last boss is supposed to have 110k health, so you will need to have 8,462 attack to beat the last level with the 13 free hits.

Also, IMO the crate events aren't worth it at all for a camper.

Jakers
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I just can't seem to locate it. But, if you start a boss event in, say tier 1 and advance to tier 2 during the event, does the boss's tier change mid-event or stay where it started?

Point is, I'm level 19 in my camper account and have just enough experience to give to get past boss 39 (assuming there will be another boss event) before hitting level 26. But if/when I beat boss #39, I'll level to 26. I can easily defeat boss 40 in tier 1, but not that easily in tier 2.

Thank you in advance

Jakers
lvl 197

Holicaholic
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
You stay in the same tier you start in, regardless of your level when you hit boss level 40.

Jakers
02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Awesome, thank you.