PDA

View Full Version : New LE vs Crates

Sillybeans
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
I was bored; Crates are done by the 3 Crate Sets, cheaper and higher chance of rares.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mct1ec.png

Formula's (no need for simplistic avg's so skipped 3 cell avg's)
Crate Tavg; (C5*0.7)+(C11*0.2)+(C17*0.1)
Crate Per Gold; C18/(175/3)

LE Total; (H2:H5)+H10
LE Per Gold; H11/1370

It's as plain as day which is better value for money.

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 02:38 AM
I don't think you have included the randomness of crates and the guaranteed set of indestructibles you get in an LE set + one random unit with very high stats. If you get 3 commons in the crate...

Sillybeans
02-18-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't think you have included the randomness of crates and the guaranteed set of indestructibles you get in an LE set + one random unit with very high stats. If you get 3 commons in the crate...

I've included it,

Common is *0.7
Uncommon is *0.2
Rare is *0.1

70% + 20% +10% of each average generates the unit's stats you would receive on avg. The long method is to work out 10 crates worth then the avg. It'll come out as the same number :p

The thing i cannot calculate is the unit's your replacing, the stats on them should be deducted from the new unit's. Eg: replacing a 7 atk with a 30 atk is only +23. In that sense the LE set's have an advantage but yet again the difference is far to great.

1k Gold worth of crates (not possible but working off the avg :o)
2086/1930

1k Gold worth of LE (not possible but working off the avg :o)
1289/1114

Unless the units replaced add up to 797/816, Crates will do what Micheal Jackson did to children's faces (no offense intended, but a stupid amount of stat difference deserves a stupid metafor).

skenyang
02-18-2013, 03:09 AM
The calculation for crates should be lower after I purchased 10 sets of crates. I got two sets of crates with 3 common. :~~~~~~~~~~~

Sillybeans
02-18-2013, 04:29 AM
The calculation for crates should be lower after I purchased 10 sets of crates. I got two sets of crates with 3 common. :~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a 70% chance for commons. So in reality 7 (sets) should have been common, 2 (sets) uncommon and 1 (set) rares. For 30 crates. 21 common, 6 uncommon & 3 rare.

Ssne
02-18-2013, 04:52 AM
There is a 70% chance for commons. So in reality 7 (sets) should have been common, 2 (sets) uncommon and 1 (set) rares. For 30 crates. 21 common, 6 uncommon & 3 rare.

SB, thanks for this. Good stuff, although the gambler in me prefers the chance at a big unit in the LE draw ;)

Sillybeans
02-18-2013, 05:17 AM
SB, thanks for this. Good stuff, although the gambler in me prefers the chance at a big unit in the LE draw ;)

Just for you!

(83+191+176+591+2074)/1370=2.273*
(69+83+342+279+1697)/1370=1.802*

If you get the m88 as your rare, 1k gold wise your only up 187atk and down 128def vs the crate's avg* The only way the LE is better than the crate's is if you get the rare every time. If you don't the crates will always come out on top...

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 09:35 AM
It depends more on where you want to end up. If you intended to someday be as strong as possible, then buy the LE sets, otherwise you will be buying more u its to replace lower value ones, equals money wasted. Also as time has gone by, the values have risen. What's strong today may not be tomorrow. The higher you buy now, the batter off you will be in the future. Unless you wait until the future comes to see what it brings, then this discussion is moot anyways.

Ajk
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
It depends more on where you want to end up. If you intended to someday be as strong as possible, then buy the LE sets, otherwise you will be buying more u its to replace lower value ones, equals money wasted. Also as time has gone by, the values have risen. What's strong today may not be tomorrow. The higher you buy now, the batter off you will be in the future. Unless you wait until the future comes to see what it brings, then this discussion is moot anyways.
This is very true. I've bought LE sets and crates in the past only to have them eclipsed in strength by the recent ones. This keeps people spending.
I, however, am wondering if they will be coming out with new gold money buildings that will make the old ones near useless to purchase.

mxz
02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
You can get the exact % of each crate item. Not all rares have the same % - they all just add up to 10%.

It'd be an interesting calculation, but wouldn't change your findings at all.

Thanks for the read.

Dr. Dengus
02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
You can get the exact % of each crate item. Not all rares have the same % - they all just add up to 10%.

It'd be an interesting calculation, but wouldn't change your findings at all.

Thanks for the read.

From my experience and observations, it seems the high-value rare has a 2% chance of dropping, and the other 2 "normal" rares have a 4% chance each. I haven't really paid attention to varying drop rates among the uncommons, I usually just weight those (and the commons) evenly.

And it seems great minds think alike Sillybeans. I enjoy doing the expected value on new crates/LEs as well. You can even spice it up a bit if you wanted to. Take into account your lowest A and D unit brought to battle, and add on your nation and building boosts to the crate/LE items. But it's great to see I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff lol.