PDA

View Full Version : prize distribution idea

hoho
02-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I dont know about your team, while the faction team is on lockdown (not sure if this is going to change i.e. allow to remove or add player within event) but we would like not to reward players who is inactive especially those who sabotage the team.

how about give a screen confirmation to faction leader on prize distribution to members after the event :

"give this award to member _name_ y/n ? " if yes, then the member get the prize in his/her profile.

2cents

King little fruit fly
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
that is why removing player should be allowed during event, but not adding though.

Major Ed Rush
02-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Agree, remove during event but no adding.

Yes we seem to have a few that joined and then just stopped playing, little strange. Mind you I have kept one for defensive leader, and he is hurting 87 losses to 1 win. Maybe he deserves something if we rank in the prizes

Username088
02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Way too much potential for abuse. Likely won't ever happen.

General Soviet
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
This does seem like it could be misused. If you don't want somebody getting prizes for nothing, kick them out after the battle. They should add an option to remove players during the event, though.

Товарищ
02-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Way too much potential for abuse. Likely won't ever happen.
Totally agree, but members can be kicked after the event, before the prizes have been awarded.
(though they can still claim them by contacting support)

hoho
02-17-2013, 07:15 PM
i agree to some extend that this may have potential abuse, but it seems of no difference when you ultimately can remove the player at any point or at the end of the whole event yes ?

if you are wise leader, you will not abuse your potential players.

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
As much as I could see that would be helpful, the possibility for abuse outweighs the success of it. If you got a leader and you happen to get in a dispute about strategies during the last day of a World Domination event, he could easily hold a grudge and not give you the rewards.

hoho
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks Dudebot,

perhaps if i clarify my earlier post, would you not think 'allowing to remove player' is doing similar thing ?

"...dispute about strategies during the last day of a World Domination event, he could easily hold a grudge and remove you instead. (not give you the rewards).
(apologise for the copy)

put abuse aside in this game (no new topic intended), what i m trying to say is allow flexibility, and feel free to choose which method or rule is easier to implement before event is over, but have to allow member management for the team benefit. (or we wont give those player reward)

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks Dudebot,

perhaps if i clarify my earlier post, would you not think 'allowing to remove player' is doing similar thing ?

"...dispute about strategies during the last day of a World Domination event, he could easily hold a grudge and remove you instead. (not give you the rewards).
(apologise for the copy)

put abuse aside in this game (no new topic intended), all i m trying to say is allow flexibility, and feel free to choose which method or rule is easier to implement, but have to allow member management.I do agree. We should be able to remove inactive members. It's just finding a balance point between actual strategy and pure revenge. I know the majority of the players would not abuse that but people can hold one hell of a grudge. If I were making such feature, I would make it so it would only allow you to remove the member if they have been online more than once AND they haven't done anything at all regarding faction events.

hoho
02-17-2013, 09:30 PM
I do agree. We should be able to remove inactive members. It's just finding a balance point between actual strategy and pure revenge. I know the majority of the players would not abuse that but people can hold one hell of a grudge. If I were making such feature, I would make it so it would only allow you to remove the member if they have been online more than once AND they haven't done anything at all regarding faction events.

alright, so we are on the method ... the tricky part is always about the which rule from whichever method is chosen. inactive maybe easier to detect, but a sabotage type of player ? they are active but a hidden destruction to gameplay.

and yes, not one general rule will satisfy everyone.

either some sort of member management control now, or if this is not happening, then my2cents, control at the reward end. or perhaps someone else can introduce other thing to handle this type of 'member' management.

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 09:32 PM
alright, so we are on the method ... the tricky part is always about the which rule from whichever method is chosen. inactive maybe easier to detect, but a sabotage type of player ? they are active but a hidden destruction to gameplay.

and yes, not one general rule will satisfy everyone.

either some sort of member management control now, or if this is not happening, then my2cents, control at the reward end. or perhaps someone else can introduce other thing to handle this type of 'member' management.You're spot on. There is no method that can be added without the ability to be abused. I don't understand why people sabotage their faction. In the end, they're just sabotaging themselves.

King little fruit fly
02-17-2013, 10:02 PM
c'mon, little bot, if a leader behaves like that, how many people would follow him/her for long?

Greedysea, implement the removing player during event thing. :D

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 10:11 PM
c'mon, little bot, if a leader behaves like that, how many people would follow him/her for long?

Greedysea, implement the removing player during event thing. :DYou'd be surprised. If a leader was a super heavy gold spender and always got in top 25, I doubt many players would leave due to his/her attitude.

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 10:24 PM
there are many player types out there.

not intending for a different topic, how about this for another reason, i thought recently there was a player confusion that they were registered in multiple factions. would they get duplicate rewards then ? or is this something that would be taken care of at the back end ?
apologise if this is already sorted out.That was supposed to be fixed a while ago. I believe they sent out multiple datasets trying to fix it and eventually they said they did. They asked members to post in a thread if they still saw ghost members. They rigged a system to send out one of each prize earned to each and every member of the faction.

hoho
02-17-2013, 11:22 PM
i posted something about this lockdown thing, perhaps i include the link here .. I believe this is more for game play.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46284-unlock-the-lock

again, the tricky part is how much unlock is unlock (which may involve edit/remove player like other suggested)

A3OT
02-18-2013, 02:18 AM
I agree with it...a lot of inactive players receive prizes...

SGT Rud
02-18-2013, 05:55 AM
I have two inactive players in my faction of low rank. They are not camping as none of their stats are changing at all. They were actively talking to me up until about 4 days from the beginning of the event and then nothing at the start of the event. I scrolled back their units page and saw they did not collect a single unit from the Evil CEO boss. I wish them to not get the rewards in the event they start playing again later. Either way they will not be part of the faction at the end of this event.

hoho
02-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Without the lockdown, you could drop members, get matched with a weak opponent,
then rejoin the troops and massacre them. Alternatively, if joining, dropping is only allowed between battles,
every time half of the faction goes to bed, they would drop and the rest would be matched, again,
below your ranking. Finally, prize distribution was always a problematic issue for Gree, this way they
can easily and clearly define who gets the prize and who does not. No more tickets about who was part of
it for what % and when and such.

I think it is a very good solution to a whole lot of manipulation and
complicated problems.

no one said that finding solution for this without causing any more damage is going to be easy - and potentially abused.

i can understand where these whole things are coming from before i typed my first thread, a discussion something like:
"lets go for battle, oh wait, before this, we need to be mindful of case a, and might
introduce snowball effect 'protection' of case b, case c and so on, which eventually create an iron fist lockdown,
a solid conditions before entering battle

the battle is over now, I am only making a feedback and 2cents idea - maybe others have better idea for improvements.

thank you for reading.

---there is mole in the battalion, and they slept among us. after they abandond (inactive) us in battle which create a harder match or worse sabotage, destruction and kiling troops (mood) ,
these players are rewarded and they are rejoicing. in the end, we lost the good (assets)troops and the battalion and thus the war. ---

Brummied
02-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi got a few ideas around this, all in the melting pot so to speak

1. Recruitment should filter most bad cases, except maybe the pretty looking moles...
2. The rank of officer should be the minimum rank to engage the whole faction in war! This is reality too no troop takes the whole team to a battle, sure you might get a splinter cell, but they normally involve at least one officer!
3. Democracy within factions should be given the power to vote out a player, I.e a process the leader initiates a removal, officers with faction agree/disagree then once an agree score (2 for leader 1 for officer) reaches reqirements (say 5) gree act! Maybe too much gree'ing going on there tho!
All this reminds me more of the age old great football debate for touch line technology to approve a goal, what should we talk about if they fix it?

no one said that finding solution for this without causing any more damage is going to be easy - and potentially abused.

i can understand where these whole things are coming from before i typed my first thread, a discussion something like:
"lets go for battle, oh wait, before this, we need to be mindful of case a, and might
introduce snowball effect 'protection' of case b, case c and so on, which eventually create an iron fist lockdown,
a solid conditions before entering battle

the battle is over now, I am only making a feedback and 2cents idea - maybe others have better idea for improvements.

thank you for reading.

---there is mole in the battalion, and they slept among us. after they abandond (inactive) us in battle which create a harder match or worse sabotage, destruction and kiling troops (mood) ,
these players are rewarded and they are rejoicing. in the end, we lost the good (assets)troops and the battalion and thus the war. ---

mistergreen
02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
I dont know about your team, while the faction team is on lockdown (not sure if this is going to change i.e. allow to remove or add player within event) but we would like not to reward players who is inactive especially those who sabotage the team.

how about give a screen confirmation to faction leader on prize distribution to members after the event :

"give this award to member _name_ y/n ? " if yes, then the member get the prize in his/her profile.

2cents

That's a great idea. It ticks me off that the squatters get the same prizes as the hardcore members.

Dutchie
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
All this reminds me more of the age old great football debate for touch line technology to approve a goal, what should we talk about if they fix it?

The weather :)

On 3. we already implement this idea of yours, but we do it after the event. I assume you want this to happen during the actual event. With the length and frequency of the WD Events, you cannot expect people to be there for every battle. People have lives outside of this game.

Brummied
02-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Was thinking gree could implement in game system to vote out during a battle, officers would then be flash paged on arrival in game to vote on issue and player would auto eject on sufficient vote, so exactly that we can live our lives outside the game!
Oh and enjoy the weather! ;-)

The weather :)

On 3. we already implement this idea of yours, but we do it after the event. I assume you want this to happen during the actual event. With the length and frequency of the WD Events, you cannot expect people to be there for every battle. People have lives outside of this game.