PDA

View Full Version : MW purchasing system has a security breach!

ucantwin1
02-17-2013, 09:21 AM
I have purchased 2 vaults of cash, received them, and then seconds later- the vaults were removed from my balance. Sent on a ticket and got " we're looking into it" response.

Next day, tried it again, purchased 2 vaults of cash only to have them removed instantly. Sent in a ticket and NEVER got an acknowledgement. So here I am.

So it seems this is either a security breach and someone is stealing funds or a glitch in MW's purchasing system.

Either way, the system is not safe and should be avoided.

I know I'm not he only one this has happened too.

Jahootie
02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
How...they hacking I tunes.......

thunder
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
How...they hacking I tunes.......

Report it your credit card dispute the charges,If thats how you paid for it

Jhenry02
02-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Contact iTunes for a refund before contacting your credit card company.
This has happened to one of my guys.

-J

American Capitalist
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Next day, tried it again, purchased 2 vaults of cash only to have them removed instantly. Sent in a ticket and NEVER got an acknowledgement. So here I am.

Why. Would. You. Do. That?

DILL3NGER
02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
You'll need to dispute the transaction through Itunes. I had a similar problem, it took GreeD weeks to reply and all they did then was tell me to go to itunes.

To their credit iTunes had the matter sorted within 48hours. (And even replied back to me within minutes of the first email)

Take notice GreeD.

hype4bid
02-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Contact iTunes for a refund before contacting your credit card company.
This has happened to one of my guys.

-J

Did he/she get a refund through itunes? I had a similar issue this weekend with 2 vaults and have not heard back from Gree.

CplJC
02-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I would change your credit card... now that is a breach.

chbranch
02-17-2013, 04:30 PM
It actually happened to me like a week ago. But I bought the gold on black friday and had been sparingly using it. An error message showed up and the gold disappeared. Sent a ticket, but no word back. Patiently waiting!

Wai
02-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh this is a biggy. Makes all the other issues look insignificant. Others have had issues with buying and receiving nothing only to be charged for it anyway. Great idea to have this over a long weekend in the US now isnt it.

wowfiend1207
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Same problem only mine is 3 weeks now, I bought a vault and a bank, they took the money but still havent given me the gold, I have opened a ticket everyday and havent even got 1 response

Wai
02-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Same problem only mine is 3 weeks now, I bought a vault and a bank, they took the money but still havent given me the gold, I have opened a ticket everyday and havent even got 1 response

Are you serious? Payment made, service not delivered and you have not received a response for 3 weeks!

They can't possibly treat people like that on purchases. Minor issues are one thing, but not that issue!

I dont care whose glitch it might be, Gree, iTunes, Visa, your bank for your aunt Mary, they must respond and help the purchaser. Don't they have a 'duty of care', 'duty of service', 'fit for purpose' product or just common caring?

I feel so sorry for you and don't know what to say really. Your entitled to feel aggrieved.

manbeast
02-17-2013, 07:36 PM
hope this issue gets resolved!! very frustrating!!

Why. Would. You. Do. That?

haha.. if you only knew..

Ferr
02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
This happens to me for a period of two months now. Gree cant fix it.

SevenO9
02-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Yet you still buying. Maybe they have zero intention fixing it as long as fresh money arrives daily.

Thommyknocker
02-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm glad you posted this. I'm off to iTunes to get this addressed!

I've only been waiting 2 days..... But if you want my real mony, you'd d@ng better deliver

Dudebot121256
02-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Same problem only mine is 3 weeks now, I bought a vault and a bank, they took the money but still havent given me the gold, I have opened a ticket everyday and havent even got 1 responseIf you want an earlier response, you gotta stop sending in so many tickets for the same issue. Each ticket bumps the rest down.

Wai
02-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm glad you posted this. I'm off to iTunes to get this addressed!

I've only been waiting 2 days..... But if you want my real mony, you'd d@ng better deliver

More power to TommyKnocker. The only issue will be this: Gree will send you to iTunes. iTunes policy is that ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL! You will only get it back if they waive their policy.

Nice never ending circle.

Tanner
02-17-2013, 08:46 PM
More power to TommyKnocker. The only issue will be this: Gree will send you to iTunes. iTunes policy is that ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL! You will only get it back if they waive their policy.

I've been "granted an exception" to this policy twice in the last 45 days. Both from iTunes and both were simply an error in the system. Yes, even in the apple Eco-system there are glitches. 😜

CRAWFORD
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Gree doesn't really protect your investment. The last time I purhcased the butt load of gold I got it refunded to me because of the problems with purchasing stuff. I-Tunes understands. At first they might say... blah blah blah, you made an agreement and so forth, but I brought up all my other purchases from Apple and told them I couldn't believe the quality of Apple would stop with I-tunes. They immidiately gave all my money back. How the heck does a unit simply get lost from your inventory????

I haven't gotten gold ever since. I wont until I'm convinced they are making legit ways to protect my purchases. They make you wait, I've had some people lie to me about actually purchasing it, or trying to say it happens... oh well. Since I'm spending hundreds of dollars on numbers and pictures I demand much more than that crap! They should be running to protect my investment. Its easy money with these units. Gold and Cash... geaze. I worked for Macy's and I was kissing ass to protect a 20 dollar purhcase. What the hell Gree!

In fact... if they screw up they should give you compensation! There is no reason they shouldn't! Afterall its just pictures and numbers anyway!

Thommyknocker
02-17-2013, 08:58 PM

However the lack of services rendered will trump the all sales are final.

Wai
02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
I've been "granted an exception" to this policy twice in the last 45 days. Both from iTunes and both were simply an error in the system. Yes, even in the apple Eco-system there are glitches. ��

But what if they decide not to. I expect iTunes is a great company that seems to reply to enquiries in an instant and gets them fixed. Even waiving policy to deal with customer issues. Well done iTunes.

Now what about those other companies?

CRAWFORD
02-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Always ask for higher up to talk to. Make it look redicolous but be polite.

Thommyknocker
02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
No need to escalate the issue.

It took iTunes 3 whole hours to issue me a refund.
Now THATS customer service!

Dear Thommyknocker,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Govind and I have taken this opportunity to assist you.

I understand that you didn't receive your In-App Purchase. I know how eager you are to get this issue resolved.

Thommyknocker, after reviewing the circumstances of your case, we determined that issuing you a refund is an appropriate exception to the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final.

I have reversed the charge for this purchase.
The developer of this application, Modern War, may be able to provide information about why you did not receive the In-App Purchase. To contact them directly, please visit:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?28-Modern-War-iOS

CJ54
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
We're investigating this one (it's complicated, but it appears that in some rare cases we're not getting the notification from iTunes about the purchase). In the meantime, you can also contact our support and attach the receipts for that day's purchases to a reply and we'll manually add the missing one.

PG13
02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
CJ

How long will the server be down. I just went through 1 battel (1 hour) with server updating and I could do nothing.

Thanks

Thommyknocker
02-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reply CJ,

I'll let you sort out things on your end for a while.