PDA

View Full Version : Name Changers

Chuck Nuts
02-16-2013, 03:07 PM
To all the factions who change their names to all be the same, please understand that this tactic is, at best, a minor annoyance to everyone else. Any decent rival faction will have your players mapped within minutes after the defense leader falls. We don't even have to remap your roster every time since the order of faction members stays the same from one battle to the next.

Anyone who doubts this can just ask JUJU #22, or the Superfaction number 59852xxxxxxx that is #14 on the list, or perhaps Pacifist Spoon #18 how well they were able to hide amoung their more powerful team members.

I honestly find this tactic to be amusing and its kinda fun going down the list to see who is in each position; little surprises just like unwrapping presents on Christmas morning.

However, there is a problem with this approach that should be considered: Gree is understaffed and cannot keep up with all of the help tickets that people are submitting, so all of the name change requests are taking resources away from addressing legitimate issues. Don't complain about how long it takes Gree to respond to your help tickets if you are one of those who are submitting nuissance name change requests.

So in the great words that PJ likes to quote in his signature: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Don't let your team talk you into being just another Superfaction number, or Pacifist, or Alex, or JUJU bean.... Oh wait a minute, that last one is PJ's faction so the signature quote seems rather ironic....hmmmm....

Ultimately, all the name changing is just wasting Gree resources and only accomplishing a minor irritation for your rivals.

bbprofitz
02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
a name change is about the only support ticket they can fix tho. so that probably helps boost their "resolved tickets" stats, if they keep track of those things :p

SevenO9
02-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Well said. Alex(#4 from bottom) just learned that.

Bet Grees support manager is cursing the day they started doing name changes. Oh wait, there is a business opportunity! Self service name change at 50 gold each.

Ajk
02-16-2013, 03:14 PM
a name change is about the only support ticket they can fix tho. so that probably helps boost their "resolved tickets" stats, if they keep track of those things :p

Someone buy this man a beer. I too, believe this.

HGF69
02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
It's easy, find one tell the faction it's number 18, count down, hit hit hit

Stay there gold refill hit again

Commander Ghost
02-16-2013, 03:30 PM
There shouldnt be an option to change your name. I say once you choose it at the start of the game youre stuck with it

manbeast
02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
players will be able to change their own name soon enough so don't get your panties in a wad

BigD@wg
02-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I like Seven09's suggestion. Charge people for name changes. Create a function in game for it. Would also like a pay to change system for reallocating skill points.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-16-2013, 03:53 PM
To all the factions who change their names to all be the same, please understand that this tactic is, at best, a minor annoyance to everyone else. Any decent rival faction will have your players mapped within minutes after the defense leader falls. We don't even have to remap your roster every time since the order of faction members stays the same from one battle to the next.

Anyone who doubts this can just ask JUJU #22, or the Superfaction number 59852xxxxxxx that is #14 on the list, or perhaps Pacifist Spoon #18 how well they were able to hide amoung their more powerful team members.

I honestly find this tactic to be amusing and its kinda fun going down the list to see who is in each position; little surprises just like unwrapping presents on Christmas morning.

However, there is a problem with this approach that should be considered: Gree is understaffed and cannot keep up with all of the help tickets that people are submitting, so all of the name change requests are taking resources away from addressing legitimate issues. Don't complain about how long it takes Gree to respond to your help tickets if you are one of those who are submitting nuissance name change requests.

So in the great words that PJ likes to quote in his signature: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Don't let your team talk you into being just another Superfaction number, or Pacifist, or Alex, or JUJU bean.... Oh wait a minute, that last one is PJ's faction so the signature quote seems rather ironic....hmmmm....

Ultimately, all the name changing is just wasting Gree resources and only accomplishing a minor irritation for your rivals.

I don't own a team.

I am part of a team.

My name is does not begin with a "J", nor does it end with a "U".

I play myself in REAL life and in FAKE life.

You stand corrected.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
There shouldnt be an option to change your name. I say once you choose it at the start of the game youre stuck with it

Well, when you start your game, that can be one of your rules.

As long as you're just another player, like thousands of us, no one cares what you think.

Jhenry02
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I've been waiting over a month for a name change. A simple one, just to go from my current ign to jhenry02.
Not a diversionary tactic, just a one time thing. And I'm ignored.

-J

Dudebot121256
02-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I've been waiting over a month for a name change. A simple one, just to go from my current ign to jhenry02.

-JWow, meanwhile, others get their name change within the hour. I wouldn't be surprised that if you sent another ticket in, it'd be answered within a day and your old one would stay ignored.

Jhenry02
02-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I have sent two tickets. It's not that big of a deal to me, so I wait.

procsyzarc
02-16-2013, 04:08 PM

-J

I'm guess you never brought gold and are low on the priority list, the response to tickets is based on gold purchased may be other factor too but gold is the main one.

Lol I think I am Alex 4th from bottom:) some how I gain 4.5m so someone with un vaulted gold must have been hitting me.

Yes it is quick to sort out who is who but still wastes some attacks and also causes some to hit the wrong target feeding the other team points

Speed ump
02-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Put name change in the subject field. Goes much faster. Yes, all the same name does work. They will figure it out and settle in, but it does take time. And not all factions keep those kind of detailed notes. It takes time to find your notes on each faction and to search through. It's like when you go to the mall. You look for a place to park. Some people keep driving around looking for one close. Some wait in one spot, to grind someone close coming to their car to leave. I prefer to find an easy to spot open space further out, and I'm inside doing what I came for, instead of looking for a spot still. My choice, your choice. Can't say mines right, won't say yours is wrong.

BigD@wg
02-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Put name change in the subject field. Goes much faster. Yes, all the same name does work. They will figure it out and settle in, but it does take time. And not all factions keep those kind of detailed notes. It takes time to find your notes on each faction and to search through. It's like when you go to the mall. You look for a place to park. Some people keep driving around looking for one close. Some wait in one spot, to grind someone close coming to their car to leave. I prefer to find an easy to spot open space further out, and I'm inside doing what I came for, instead of looking for a spot still. My choice, your choice. Can't say mines right, won't say yours is wrong.

I know it's a metaphor for your point but it hits close to home for me. I am of your same mindset, I find a spot and take it. Inside, get it done, and gone. My wife on the other hand will drive around for 10 minutes looking for closer space. Drives me nuts! Lol :)

Peppers
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Seven, it WAS fun hitting the "The Alex one above Punching Bag" ... poor bastard LOL

LOS
02-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Sure you can find #22 but can you tell who #22 is. Now, if I wanted to hit a person because I didn't like them, or maybe because they run their mouth or for just acting like a tool, all I would have to do his hit them and only them. you see, for some its not just about trying to find the weakest, for some its about finding the loudest.

vorm
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Sure you can find #22 but can you tell who #22 is. Now, if I wanted to hit a person because I didn't like them, or maybe because they run their mouth or for just acting like a tool, all I would have to do his hit them and only them. you see, for some its not just about trying to find the weakest, for some its about finding the loudest.

When factions do this it makes me not like any of them. They are all tools as far as I'm concerned, so I don't really care if tool #17 or tool #22 might be one I dislike more when deciding who I sit there and pound on.

negotiator
02-16-2013, 04:53 PM
All I see is a whole lot of time and energy wasted on a topic/thread for something that is a minor annoyance for you. It appears it bothers you a little more then you admit. If it doesn't bother you who cares, it is a tactic some like to use. I find some of the names funny.

As for bogging down Gree, now that is just funny. I would bet the very simple name changing ticket is a small percentage of their overall tickets. If you didn't notice there are many many problems with the game.

Use some of your focus and energy on hackers.

Good luck to all

LOS
02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
When factions do this it makes me not like any of them. They are all tools as far as I'm concerned, so I don't really care if tool #17 or tool #22 might be one I dislike more when deciding who I sit there and pound on.
Well I guess you haven't came up against the right faction yet, when u do you will really understand my point, see while you are bumbling around trying to figure out if I'm JUJU number 5 or 25. I will have all that time stamping five hundo on your forehead and kicking you out the door

Chuck Nuts
02-16-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't own a team.

I am part of a team.

My name is does not begin with a "J", nor does it end with a "U".

I play myself in REAL life and in FAKE life.

You stand corrected.

Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Chuck Nuts. Just a little jab in good spirits.

My dad always told me that a man is judged by the company he keeps. JUJU is as JUJU does, but you seem unique from your nautical bretheren.... that's a good thing.

Cheers!

Matt Thornton
02-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Sure you can find #22 but can you tell who #22 is. Now, if I wanted to hit a person because I didn't like them, or maybe because they run their mouth or for just acting like a tool, all I would have to do his hit them and only them. you see, for some its not just about trying to find the weakest, for some its about finding the loudest.This guy gets it. There is more than 1 reason to all have the same name.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-16-2013, 08:24 PM
A team is a team. Each team is compromised of individual players. Each player logically should have their own identifier. A glitch is a glitch whether gree allows it or not. Ur in the same basket as the skill point hackers and money glitchers. Call it strategy, its strategy as well to have hackers and elect them as defense leaders if gree allows it

I stopped reading after "A".

Commander Ghost
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Well, when you start your game, that can be one of your rules.

As long as you're just another player, like thousands of us, no one cares what you think.

Wow whats with the hostility dude. I wasnt even pointing fingers at the pirates. Just making a suggestion

Lawyer
02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
the big bad pirate is upset someone stole his parrot

No the parrot is fine... His peg leg has termites

kelvinng
02-16-2013, 09:10 PM
praying and hoping Gee does not entertain them by changing their name back :)

LOS
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
U all complain about hackers and glitchers and make posts openly condeming(spellcheck me pweese) them yet u turn around and do the same thing they are doing lol. It dont matter if gree allows it or not a glitch is a glitch. If u would like me to enlighten by all means just send me a request ill be glad to.
Please enlighten, are u comparing name changes to hacking?

Chuck Nuts
02-16-2013, 10:07 PM

Personally, I would rather have my rivals attacking whoever they have a grudge against instead of strategically picking the best target in my faction. If everyone in the faction has the same name then rival factions have no choice but to select their targets based on strategic merit.

Changing names is a waste of Gree resources that could be better applied to fixing real problems with the game. Avoiding personal vendettas does not seem like a legitimate reason to take resources away from fixing real problems that are affecting everyone.

LOS
02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Personally, I would rather have my rivals attacking whoever they have a grudge against instead of strategically picking the best target in my faction. If everyone in the faction has the same name then rival factions have no choice but to select their targets based on strategic merit.

Changing names is a waste of Gree resources that could be better applied to fixing real problems with the game. Avoiding personal vendettas does not seem like a legitimate reason to take resources away from fixing real problems that are affecting everyone.
I disagree Chuck, if a simple name change bogs down gree support then we have bigger problems to worry about. Honestly it's been part of this game since the start, I could go down the list but there have been plenty. Gree needs a larger support staff plain and simple. That said I think they have done a great job this weekend sorting out the hacks. I have not seen a single hack twice and that never happened in brazil. In brazil i would see the same skill point hacks all weekend.

LOS
02-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Name changes do bog down support. These same players that think they are strategic by emailing gree for name changes would be the same ones crying foul if gree would all these changes "in game" where everyone could do it on their own
Oh they are, gree told you sorry for the long wait but we are experiencing a massive flow of name changes. Lol, i am for it as being a in game feature but I could see it becoming a problem with inappropriate names.

LOS
02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
actually gree sent me nothing as i never sent any request.
Ok, so your guessing the name changes have bogged down the system. So you truly have no idea what your talking about, right? You never changed your name so you have never seen how long or short it might take. Maybe you shouldn't speculate on things you have never taken part in. You keep lumping things together that make no sense. For me it's real simple, your comparing hackers to people who want their name changed. Therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

Chuck Nuts
02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
I disagree Chuck, if a simple name change bogs down gree support then we have bigger problems to worry about. Honestly it's been part of this game since the start, I could go down the list but there have been plenty. Gree needs a larger support staff plain and simple. That said I think they have done a great job this weekend sorting out the hacks. I have not seen a single hack twice and that never happened in brazil. In brazil i would see the same skill point hacks all weekend.

You stated it very appropriately: "...we have bigger problems to worry about."

Insufficient people in the office to conclude an event on President's Day. Hackers are still rampant (we have fought 5 modest factions since the beginning of this event that each have 1 blatant skill point hacker who keeps getting them paired against the Top 3 factions). Invulnerable defense leaders who's shields keep coming back after you defeat them. Android software is so bad that we can only get about 4 or 5 attacks before the game locks up. Bonus gold is not flowing. iTunes purchases are being blocked. etc. etc..... I can keep listing dozens of problems that would be more valuable for Gree to be working on instead of silly name games.

If you are submitting frivolous name change requests then you are taking resources away from more important work. You can argue that Gree should have the manpower to be able to handle the name change requests AND address all the other issues with their games, but it is clear that they do not.

I find the name change tactic to be amusing, but I do not find any humor in all of the other problems that Gree is unable to handle right now.

PS. I did change the name of my LLP a while ago. It took about four days for them to execute the change; probably only about 5 minutes of real work, plus a few minutes of a real tech support person's time to send me a personalized email response saying that he had completed my request. Now multiply that by the thousands of players who are apparently short-sighted enough to believe that changing their name will give any strategic advantage, then multiply that by two because every player will want to get their normal name back after the event. It certainly isn't the biggest drain on Gree's resources, but it is consequential.

LOS
02-17-2013, 01:49 AM
I don't want to quote your whole post but have you faced a hacked faction twice. Every one we have faced the skill points hack was reduced by a lot, I don't recal if they were missing but they were definetly beatable the second time where in the first they were unbeatable. Also iTunes limits monthly purchases, not sure if that's what your talking about. Like I said before though, name changes are part of the game, the process might be flawed but they are part of this game. I believe my problem is when you call people silly or foolish for changing names, It just doesn't sit we'll with me. Name changes aren't the problem, your other issues are, stick to those and maybe there's a chance of resolving them.

Fl@sh
02-17-2013, 02:19 AM
All I see is whiners, whining about being first losers.

Fl@sh
02-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

NakedCherryPie
02-17-2013, 05:17 AM
if by first losers u mean the ones placing first in the tournament and spending the most i agree there has been some posts created by hyenas complaining about the game yet still keep on buying beefed up sandwiches for gree employees.Hyenas you say? Sandwiches you say? I would say a bunch of NakedCherryPirate's serving up some cherry pie to some sore losers.

Chuck Nuts
02-17-2013, 09:50 PM
All I see is whiners, whining about being first losers.

Hey Fl@sh, I thought that you retired due to some principles or convictions... something like that, right? I had a lot of respect for you when you did that... same sort of respect for someone who quits smoking. Its a shame that they don't make Gree-orette skin patches or gum to help a person break their addiction to this nonsense.

I guess there's a fine line between raising awareness about a legitimate concern and whining. There were no statements about "unfair advantages" or any of the other trigger words for a whine-a-thon post. In fact, most of my argument is that name changing gives absolutely no strategic advantage at all. I'm not sure how that could be interpreted as whining, but I guess every single post on this entire forum is some poor soul's cry for help in their own way.

None the less, my goal for this post was to try to enlighten at least a few people to the fact that name changing is a silly waste of Gree resources that could be better spent on addressing real problems with the game. Hopefully that goal has been accomplished and perhaps next event there will be fewer name change requests to distract the couple of unfortunate folks that Gree allocates to address issues with their games.

Cheers!

Ranger4Life
02-17-2013, 10:04 PM
In fact, most of my argument is that name changing gives absolutely no strategic advantage at all.

None the less, my goal for this post was to try to enlighten at least a few people to the fact that name changing is a silly waste of Gree resources that could be better spent on addressing real problems with the game.

Cheers!

Are you serious?? NO STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE??? You have to be kidding me right?

Yes, this isn't the strategy that is going to make or break a team, but it gives a team probably close to 50k FREE points. Every faction that you face with the same name someone in your team has to go down the lineup and find a weak player. This equates to several losses by the player(s) that are going down the list which in turn gives the same name faction FREE points. The FREE points is just one of the many advantages that this strategy brings.

Of course GOLD is the only strategy that really matters, but saying that there is "no strategic advantage" just makes you sound moronic and bitter.

LOS
02-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Nicely said ranger, also on the flip side you have to go down and find who pays the most. This can be figured out without a whole lot of fuss but it still takes time.

Chuck Nuts
02-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Are you serious?? NO STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE??? You have to be kidding me right?

Yes, this isn't the strategy that is going to make or break a team, but it gives a team probably close to 50k FREE points. Every faction that you face with the same name someone in your team has to go down the lineup and find a weak player. This equates to several losses by the player(s) that are going down the list which in turn gives the same name faction FREE points. The FREE points is just one of the many advantages that this strategy brings.

Of course GOLD is the only strategy that really matters, but saying that there is "no strategic advantage" just makes you sound moronic and bitter.

Are you actually serious that you think there is an advantage? When you can see every rival's real name on the list then don't you still attack them all in a coordinated effort to find the best targets for everyone in your faction? ...or do you just not have an interest in getting the most value out of every one of your attacks?

If you aren't mapping the stats of all your rivals (regardless of their names), then you are not finding the best targets to maximize your points. Good luck with your strategy and keep scratching your head wondering why other factions are outscoring you.... just blame it all on those rich guys who only win because they have more gold than you.

Hey, I'm not going to spend any more of my energy trying to help you guys out. Same names or different names, it takes us exactly the same amount of time to find the best targets in your faction.... the only people who's time you are wasting is Gree tech support.

spitfire
02-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Are you actually serious that you think there is an advantage? When you can see every rival's real name on the list don't you still have to attack a few of them before you know your best targets? ...or do you have stats memorized for every player in the game at all levels?

If you aren't mapping the stats of all your rivals (regardless of their names), then you are not finding the best targets to maximize your points. Good luck with your strategy and keep scratching your head wondering why other factions are outscoring you.... just blame it on all those bad rich guys with all the gold.

Hey, I'm not going to spend any more of my energy trying to help you guys out. Same names or different names, it takes us exactly the same amount of time to find the best targets in your faction.... the only people who's time you are wasting is Gree tech support.

I highly doubt it takes you the same time finding the best targets with same name factions vs everyone else who decided to keep their names as they are. You said it yourself, JUJU #22, spoon #18, forgot the third one. You went down that list looking for names and that alone is time consuming while the opposing faction has no problem finding you with the your original name. Once you tell your faction to hit player #xx (whatever the number is) that alone takes time and time is everything on the battlefield. How do you know if GREE is understaffed or not? GREE bought Funzio for $210M. Surely they mean business and surely they got the staff they need. Whether they are useful or not is a different thing. Not a lot of games give you the option to change your name because it takes time to do it and GREE support allows you to do just about everything. The only thing support cant do is get rid of hackers, that should be your priority if you are going to complain. Same name groups became a strategy and probably the only real strategy in the game that doesn't require gold.

Corsair
02-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Are you actually serious that you think there is an advantage? When you can see every rival's real name on the list then don't you still attack them all in a coordinated effort to find the best targets for everyone in your faction? ...or do you just not have an interest in getting the most value out of every one of your attacks?

If you aren't mapping the stats of all your rivals (regardless of their names), then you are not finding the best targets to maximize your points. Good luck with your strategy and keep scratching your head wondering why other factions are outscoring you.... just blame it all on those rich guys who only win because they have more gold than you.

Hey, I'm not going to spend any more of my energy trying to help you guys out. Same names or different names, it takes us exactly the same amount of time to find the best targets in your faction.... the only people who's time you are wasting is Gree tech support.You do realize you're quoting the leader of a top ten faction there right? Dimwit. If you can't understand this tactic, you're the one needing training wheels, and I doubt highly you're anywhere nearby. This is the biggest, easiest no brainer tactic there is.

vorm
02-18-2013, 12:08 AM
I highly doubt it takes you the same time finding the best targets with same name factions vs everyone else who decided to keep their names as they are. You said it yourself, JUJU #22, spoon #18, forgot the third one. You went down that list looking for names and that alone is time consuming while the opposing faction has no problem finding you with the your original name. Once you tell your faction to hit player #xx (whatever the number is) that alone takes time and time is everything on the battlefield. How do you know if GREE is understaffed or not? GREE bought Funzio for $210M. Surely they mean business and surely they got the staff they need. Whether they are useful or not is a different thing. Not a lot of games give you the option to change your name because it takes time to do it and GREE support allows you to do just about everything. The only thing support cant do is get rid of hackers, that should be your priority if you are going to complain. Same name groups became a strategy and probably the only real strategy in the game that doesn't require gold.

No, it doesn't take much time at all. It doesn't take any longer to map out the same name people as it does to map out guys named "Larry", "Mo" and "Curly". If you don't have them mapped already you have to do it anyway, what the names are makes no difference. But after that you already know that #18 is the target, for every additional battle, so besides the 3 seconds it takes for someone to count to #18, it makes no difference at all. And that tiny amount of time isn't going to make a difference. The fact that we have beat all of the same named factions we have played (except VFF Alpha), proves that it doesn't make any difference, as Alpha would have beat us either way as it was a middle of the night battle for us and they are stronger than us as well and I will admit that. Lots of other same-name factions we have given a total beatdown and Alpha is the only loss so far we have had from one.

spitfire
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
No, it doesn't take much time at all. It doesn't take any longer to map out the same name people as it does to map out guys named "Larry", "Mo" and "Curly". If you don't have them mapped already you have to do it anyway, what the names are makes no difference. But after that you already know that #18 is the target, for every additional battle, so besides the 3 seconds it takes for someone to count to #18, it makes no difference at all. And that tiny amount of time isn't going to make a difference. The fact that we have beat all of the same named factions we have played (except VFF Alpha), proves that it doesn't make any difference, as Alpha would have beat us either way as it was a middle of the night battle for us and they are stronger than us as well and I will admit that. Lots of other same-name factions we have given a total beatdown and Alpha is the only loss so far we have had from one.

If people stuck to their original names, it would be a lot easier for you to know who is who and who to avoid. If you already know what the person has (ie you have him already as an ally and you go look at unboosted stats yourself) then you inform your team who to avoid and who is the lamb. With same names, you go by numbers, post who is who all over again. Its time consuming, thats my point. You guys sound like you have it well sorted but other factions, especially the ones whining in here dont seem to have a clue or arent bothered jotting these things down. Its more challenging with same names if you want a challenge, but if you want an easy win, then good luck going against a faction with all the same names and all the same ally count. That's my point.

PS- Alpha is probably the most organized faction we have come across so far.

vorm
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
You do realize you're quoting the leader of a top ten faction there right? Dimwit. If you can't understand this tactic, you're the one needing training wheels, and I doubt highly you're anywhere nearby. This is the biggest, easiest no brainer tactic there is.

No man, it's not. It's easy and quickly countered.

vorm
02-18-2013, 12:30 AM
If people stuck to their original names, it would be a lot easier for you to know who is who and who to avoid. If you already know what the person has (ie you have him already as an ally and you go look at unboosted stats yourself) then you inform your team who to avoid and who is the lamb. With same names, you go by numbers, post who is who all over again. Its time consuming, thats my point. You guys sound like you have it well sorted but other factions, especially the ones whining in here dont seem to have a clue or arent bothered jotting these things down. Its more challenging with same names if you want a challenge, but if you want an easy win, then good luck going against a faction with all the same names and all the same ally count. That's my point.

PS- Alpha is probably the most organized faction we have come across so far.

It *might* give one an advantage over a completely unorganized and incompetent faction, but in that case if the faction with the same names is any good you would beat them easily anyway. And yes, if you had prior knowledge of a player it would take that away, but chances are that one person may not be the optimal target anyway. So I stick by my stance that this tactic is not all that great or beneficial.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 12:51 AM
You guys are free to think anything you want to think. We used this tactic months before there was a wd event. Of course back then we were the only organized team. It wasn't until we did it in brazil, that anyone even bothered to use it themselves, despite having seen it work in the game. You can debate all you want. Who keeps winning these events. Oops, did I say events. We've only had one event with with a declared winner. My bad.

Q Raider
02-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Outside of everything else said in this thread I will give you the best reason to do this.......it actually adds an additional element of fun to the game.

At times the war has been a long second to the entertainment in the forum with some of the anonymous posts that wander through....some intended, some not, who cares, gives us a giggle.

Poopenshire
02-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Ok, take this as info only and not as a statement of anything other than fact:

Brazil - by my count I recieved 35 free wins at about 250 pts per win = 8750 free points
Greenland - by my count I recieved 20 free wins at about 150 pts per win = 3000 free points

I highly doubt I would have gotten these points if people had seen Poopenshire as my name.

How many of you would have targeted me otherwise? How many know my current stats or what I have been doing lately?

Being a forum member can sometimes put a target on my back, but also can deter people from taking shots at me, some of them know my stats and won't attempt it. It gives some of us a chance to get free hits. There are some factions we are paried with that even the DL cannot win against me, in Brazil I took 2 down myself.

There are for certain advantages, but there are also disadvantages. Just consider both before you decide whats best for you.

Fl@sh
02-18-2013, 06:48 AM
I just don't understand why threads continue to be created about this, if it doesn't really bother somebody. People will say how the tickets created with this backload support, but if your leader sends in one ticket requesting the whole faction be changed, it saves a ton of time, depending on who your support person is. When the team I was on during the first battle changed our names, it was done to create team unity and raise moral. Why is the military so strict regarding their uniform?

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 06:59 AM

Brazil - by my count I recieved 35 free wins at about 250 pts per win = 8750 free points
Greenland - by my count I recieved 20 free wins at about 150 pts per win = 3000 free points

I highly doubt I would have gotten these points if people had seen Poopenshire as my name.

How many of you would have targeted me otherwise? How many know my current stats or what I have been doing lately?

Being a forum member can sometimes put a target on my back, but also can deter people from taking shots at me, some of them know my stats and won't attempt it. It gives some of us a chance to get free hits. There are some factions we are paried with that even the DL cannot win against me, in Brazil I took 2 down myself.

There are for certain advantages, but there are also disadvantages. Just consider both before you decide whats best for you.

Great post! I hope it will end this debate. Besides, GREE will continue to allow name changes.

Lt. Falcon
02-18-2013, 07:53 AM
As a person who is benefitting from this tactic, let me tell you how. My LLP in Bravo took substantial losses in Brazil (2534 losses) with casualties around $32mil. This time in Greenland, using the same name strategy my losses are significantly down (462 losses) with casualties less than $5mil thus far. This works as some people may be counting down or up but as you are scrolling, you can lose count because we look alike, got the same ally count you might hit my big brother and give him 250 wd point instead of getting your 300 from me. You may not like it, but to each his own...

As for the losing my identity, my faction knows who I am and I know who they are...

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 08:01 AM
they shouldnt be allowing the name changes in the first place. The same argument that poopenshire posted could be made for the skill point hackers and hackers in general. It creates an advantage for them only and everyone else pretty much is getting screwed. The fact that Gree is allowing the hacking to go on doesnt make it right, and name changes is the same thing. I guess its going to come down to moral issues. If you support the name changes then you might as well support hackers and glitchers since it creates unfair advantage to the people that use it.

WTF! How can a name change be the same as hacking! What a load of toilet!

Warfiend
02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
WTF! How can a name change be the same as hacking! What a load of toilet!

I'm really sick of people on this board claiming every god damn thing they don't like is hacking. If they can't beat someone, they're a hacker. If Gree messes up and gives them a bug/problem/units they didn't ask for, they're a hacker. if people change their names, they're like hackers.

Seriously, this is just stupid now. You people doing this, you sound stupid. I'm not saying you are stupid, just when you do this, you sound stupid.

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I hope that was addressed to somedude and not me.. LOL

Chuck Nuts
02-18-2013, 09:00 AM
I just don't understand why threads continue to be created about this, if it doesn't really bother somebody. People will say how the tickets created with this backload support, but if your leader sends in one ticket requesting the whole faction be changed, it saves a ton of time, depending on who your support person is. When the team I was on during the first battle changed our names, it was done to create team unity and raise moral. Why is the military so strict regarding their uniform?

@Fl@sh, that is the only legitimate argument that I have heard so far in favor of name changes. The best possible reason to do it is for interpersonal team aspects; perhaps do it as a joke or amusement.... but most importantly, have the leader submit one ticket to change the entire team to help reduce the tech support constipation.

@Ranger & Poop, you guys win and I bow to your superior strategic brilliance. A little while ago we were having some fun at ACE's expense and I accidentally hit Alex number 13 instead of Alex number 12 on my list. I attacked the wrong guy and actually lost an attack! That makes my second lost attack in this entire event, so kudos to your tactical superiority.

To all, Name Changing is not hacking or even exploiting and I don't advocate that argument against it. Common names are silly, but not hacking.

I officially withdraw any advice that I was trying to share with the community by starting this topic. Enjoy your awesome strategy, guys. Just please do us all a favor and have the leader of the faction submit one name change request for the entire faction to help reduce the backlog.

Kind Regards.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Some dude, you are nuts. You completely invalidated any point you thought you were making.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Falcon, great thoughts. If you lose your identity from a name change, you never had much identity to begin with. Lose your identity? Who in the game actually uses their real name? Did you lose your identity when you started this game? I actually did use my real name, as I did not want to use a boastful name and catch grief if I ended up a very weak player. Little did I know what would end up happening.

Warfiend
02-18-2013, 09:42 AM
I hope that was addressed to somedude and not me.. LOL

him and others who make those claims. I meant that as adding to with what you said. Sorry for being unclear.

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 09:46 AM
him and others who make those claims. I meant that as adding to with what you said. Sorry for being unclear.

I knew that really ;) but thanks for clearing it up!

That is Sun Tzu as your avatar, right?

Dutchie
02-18-2013, 09:47 AM
glitching and hacking same thing. Everyone having the same name does give an advantage to the people doing it and disadvantage to the people who dont. Alot of people dont know it can be done by emailing support. Just because Gree allows it doesnt make it right.

But everyone can do it... why doesn't your faction do it rather than moaning about advantages. Use the advantage, Luke!

To be honest, it isn't that much of an advantage... We came up against the same faction who used this tactic twice and the second time round we didn't even need to think... well, let's say we beat them on both occasions :)

CJ54
02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
We have always had a policy of changing the name of anyone who sent in a ticket as a courtesy to people. However, due to the volume this tactic has created, we're now discussing this policy and we may very well have to stop doing name changes requests sometime between this WD and the next one, until a name change feature of some kind can be added to the game itself. If so, we will announce it on the forums.

anyways it doesnt bother me im pretty sure it was done to appease the gold spending factions and it started catching on.

Like I said, anyone can request a name change. As long as the name isn't a language violation or being used to grief a specific other person (so, for example, "somedude from the forums sucks!" wouldn't fly) we'll generally grant it, and it doesn't matter if you've spent gold or not. Again though, see above.

Agent Orange
02-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Adding the feature makes the most sense.

Peppers
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Hey CJ,

I thought today was a holiday?

:)

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 10:30 AM
We have always had a policy of changing the name of anyone who sent in a ticket as a courtesy to people. However, due to the volume this tactic has created, we're now discussing this policy and we may very well have to stop doing name changes requests sometime between this WD and the next one, until a name change feature of some kind can be added to the game itself. If so, we will announce it on the forums.
Will said feature have to be purchased with gold?

CJ54
02-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey CJ,

I thought today was a holiday?

:)

Yup. For me that means answering tickets/forums from my back yard while watching the peach trees blossom. Very Zen.

Peppers
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Yup. For me that means answering tickets/forums from my back yard while watching the peach trees blossom. Very Zen.

Don't forget to put in for OT or comp time tomorrow :)

Can I get you a lemonade?

CJ54
02-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Will said feature have to be purchased with gold?

I don't know, we're still talking about it as a prospective feature. The thing is, we don't want people to just be able to name change every 30 seconds on a whim since that could be used to grief others and try to hide tracks (it won't work, but it would make things miserable for support). There's not a lot of other ways besides gold use to make people feel something is important though. Again, we're still discussing the potential implementation.

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't know, we're still talking about it as a prospective feature. The thing is, we don't want people to just be able to name change every 30 seconds on a whim since that could be used to grief others and try to hide tracks (it won't work, but it would make things miserable for support). There's not a lot of other ways besides gold use to make people feel something is important though. Again, we're still discussing the potential implementation.Is it possible it could have a lock? Like it can only be used once a day or once a month?

mickymacirl
02-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Make it 100 gold and once every 2 weeks.

CJ54
02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Is it possible it could have a lock? Like it can only be used once a day or once a month?

That's something else that is being tossed around, but it's an additional layer of complexity (I know, I know, before anyone else says, we have timers in the game already for buildings. But just because a car has axles underneath doesn't mean it's non-trivial to add one to the back seat if you wanted to do that for some weird reason).

Anyway, we're aware of the discussion back and forth about this, right now we're sticking to the courtesy policy on name change tickets (at least until after we get the inevitable post-WD wave accounted for) and if that changes I will let people know asap.

Dudebot121256
02-18-2013, 10:54 AM
That's something else that is being tossed around, but it's an additional layer of complexity (I know, I know, before anyone else says, we have timers in the game already for buildings. But just because a car has axles underneath doesn't mean it's non-trivial to add one to the back seat if you wanted to do that for some weird reason).

Anyway, we're aware of the discussion back and forth about this, right now we're sticking to the courtesy policy on name change tickets (at least until after we get the inevitable post-WD wave accounted for) and if that changes I will let people know asap.Ok, thanks.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Some dude, gold gives an advantage to the players that use it, so I should buy equal amounts for all players in the game? Again, you're nuts.

LOS
02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
"somedude from the forums sucks!"

Ok maybe it's taken out of context but I understand what you mean CJ

Bronson
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Make it 100 gold and once every 2 weeks.

I know a crertain someone who would not be happy with that time frame

LeBarticus
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Have it only be effective once a month.

Speed ump
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
You think bron? Lol

fuzzlenutz
02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Gonna getcha banned

Ajk
02-18-2013, 03:52 PM
No gold, it just needs to be kept at a minimum. They will still have to check names anyhow to make sure they comply. I say once a month and thats it.
If your hiring my teen needs a job. Sounds like a good job. Lol.

LeBarticus
02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Why don't you just ban faction members from having the same name? And then the option to change it once a month. And if you REALLY want, gold to bypass the month thing. I say no gold though, of course.

King little fruit fly
02-18-2013, 07:34 PM

I see, Poop, I will power hit you every time I meet you. Let's see how many points I can score off you. ;) Plus I know your level, ally count. I keep track of everyone in this game anyway. :cool: