PDA

View Full Version : War being declared on its own

BigBassTurd
02-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Has anybody experienced war starting by itself. I know it could be from someone in my faction starting it but everybody swears they are not doing it. It could be insubordination but i hope not. This didn't happen last battle, but I did add new members though and will weed them out for sure.

BigBassTurd
02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah it sucks that someone would mess up the faction on purpose. Why even join, freakin trolls!

Ajk
02-16-2013, 03:26 PM
I posted to not declare war until the top of the hour and sure as hell, not 2 min. later we are at war again. Very frustrating.

Big John
02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Happening to me too, not sure if glitch or someone at the madam.

Clausewitz
02-16-2013, 04:41 PM
My faction experiencing the same problem. Glitch?

mxz
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Not a glitch. You have a member declaring war.

Lawyer
02-16-2013, 09:07 PM
It is those damn touch screens...

Q Raider
02-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Not a glitch. You have a member declaring war.

Thinking out of the box here.

If you have the globe screen open and a message alert (another game, a text...whatever) comes in could it be detected as "screen activity" and initiate the "War Declared" icon.

Boom
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't get it... What's so bad about having a war started?

Q Raider
02-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't get it... What's so bad about having a war started?

Because we have people living a life away from the game so things were co-ordinated to suit.

Inigo Montoya
02-16-2013, 09:56 PM
here's why I think it COULD be a glitch ...

we had this happen a full hour before our scheduled battle. just one person was actually watching, but several were in-game and able to show up about 15 minutes late.

THE NOTICE DIDN'T POP UP! I was in game on 3 screens, but in a different app on a 4th (yes ... I'm THAT crazy). Each screen was open to different part of game. One was in WD main screen. One was in Leaderboard. One was in my base. NOT ONE RECEIVED THE POPUP that we had declared war OR were at war AND the screens that were open to WD still looked as if we were not at war!!!! I had to click on a button to get them to refresh and show the war!!!

IF war is being declared intentionally (which is certainly possible .... this only happened once. My faction is very good about this), then there is a glitch in the notify.

I also notice a giant delay among my screens when in battle. It will take sometimes 30 seconds for one of my iOSs to see that we are in battle at all! Then I'll have the DL down, but one screen will show him at full shield, while another shows 1 or 2 hits still needed. If I wasn't operating all 3 players hitting the DL we'd be wasting a TON of hits each time to take him down!

wwwait
02-17-2013, 06:23 AM
I also notice a giant delay among my screens when in battle. It will take sometimes 30 seconds for one of my iOSs to see that we are in battle at all! Then I'll have the DL down, but one screen will show him at full shield, while another shows 1 or 2 hits still needed. If I wasn't operating all 3 players hitting the DL we'd be wasting a TON of hits each time to take him down!

Lag and the already hard to deal with touch screens could possibly be the issue. Sometimes I use the touch and drag to look at the WD point totals for my faction members and it registers it as a long tap. I think if you are slightly off and start the tap in the middle region for declare war to scroll or do some other thing, it considers it a tap on the center button. Sometimes you have a popup message come up and when you tap a button on it, it registers as well for what was below the pop and etc. So annoying. Maybe they could have a confirm declare war button after you hit it with a set pause, so it would flat out rule out this accidental war declare situation.

mxz
02-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Thinking out of the box here.

If you have the globe screen open and a message alert (another game, a text...whatever) comes in could it be detected as "screen activity" and initiate the "War Declared" icon.That notification wouldn't push an interrupt or raise an event that the game would be looking for or know how to process. Those all come from iOS/Android's message piping system and unless the game subscribed to it (and that would be really odd if it did) its just fancy graphics being displayed over the screen.

It would be analogous to your car starting up in the morning because the sun came out.

Burgersvektor
02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I wrote this in another thread'

"I'm also in a camping faction but for some reason war was declared upon us. Naturally we got pissed thinking some of us did it but it's inpossible to find out for sure. After a while we decided to fight back and that went well, so now we are fighting to stay top 1000 but still we can't choose when to fight! Now war is somtimes declared a few minutes after the battle when nobody has any helth left. Who joins a faction for weeks just to sabotage like that, especially when they have a chance to win nice units? And we are not the only ones having this problem. Another issue that doesn't make any sense is the fact that we are fighting against factions with 1-2 active players out of 30 members....sabotage?.. or they didn't actually choose to battle. That would mean everyone has a bad seed in their faction?

Therefore I belive this is a glitch."

Mongo
02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
I am in the process of shifting to the someone is always doing it camp. We had it a lot in Brazil, and weeded a lot of deadweight. We have only had one "phantom" war in Greenland, and one of our folks owned up to it. One problem I have with the glitch theory is that there is a confirmation screen.

Still I am paranoid about it and instruct our folks to not even LOOK at the globe until battle time. Don't check stats except while in battle. But my final conclusion is that this could be fixed and it should be. I think a handful of declarants per faction maybe, like the DL role with a baton that can be passed if necessary.

stuartb
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM
One problem I have with the glitch theory is that there is a confirmation screen.

Seems to me that if it is a glitch, it would be a glitch that bypasses the confirmation screen. I also think that the vast majority of the "surprise, we are at war" declarations are a result of someone pressing the button and not admitting to it. But there are enough glitches in this game for me to have a very open mind about the possibility that sometimes, MW just declares a war for you.

Wufnu
02-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I'll say it again.... OTS Started with this problem and had it all day Friday. I was up until 4AM Saturday monitoring it and NOT ONCE between 2100hrs PST and 0400HRS PST did we have an "auto declare". I took a nap and got up at 0800PST and low and behold we suddenly had the "auto declare" problem again.

And it's happening AGAIN right now as I type. 0900 PST, anyone see a connection?

I swore up and down it was a glitch myself during BfB and even submitted a ticket, but now I'm really leaning towards an unruly or ignorant member hitting the button.

Alo
02-21-2013, 07:27 AM
I'll say it again.... OTS Started with this problem and had it all day Friday. I was up until 4AM Saturday monitoring it and NOT ONCE between 2100hrs PST and 0400HRS PST did we have an "auto declare". I took a nap and got up at 0800PST and low and behold we suddenly had the "auto declare" problem again.

And it's happening AGAIN right now as I type. 0900 PST, anyone see a connection?

I swore up and down it was a glitch myself during BfB and even submitted a ticket, but now I'm really leaning towards an unruly or ignorant member hitting the button.

we had a LOT of self declaring too on friday night till saturday (GMT time). I thought gree fixed it and have war declaring to ranked ppl...seems it was asked too much :(

Charles of the PFJ
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I think it would be better if only the leader and the officers could declare war, some of us have new or old members who we don't fully know yet, and I'm sure a few battles we had we're started by a rouge member literally straight after fighting, at one point we ended up battling the same pretty hardcore faction, spending much gold and more to get health to even start attacking! I definitely trust the other officers and leader, but maybe not 100% of the members!