PDA

View Full Version : New players you are screwed again

drofn10zt
02-16-2013, 08:53 AM
once again the new players get screwed by the event and changes. No longer a prize for top 2000 just 4000

clearly you want to drive all those players out of the event ... whats the point. There are so many ways you keep changing this event to appease only the top factions. Yes there are folks there that spend thousands of dollars.. but there are thousands of folks that began this game just a few months ago, who spend and will never be part of the "old boys club" you always cater too.

In BFB you changed the start date, the length and really effected the strategy for the smaller factions of low level players with no regard for them, only taking into consideration the "mega players" they can over come these things. But at least you gave the lower level players/ newbies something to play for.

What are you afraid of when yo no longer award a 2000 prize. Those factions play hard.. and spend... they deserve something too.

I dont want to go into every way you screw the low level player over to accomadate the ego and fears of the first players of this game and/or the big spenders... eventually it will come back to haunt you gree. Those folks will move on.. and you wont have replaced them because the word will be out about your company attitude and "service" for new players.

Kjctnorris
02-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Good grief. Right now you need less than 7K points to get top 4000. My LLP has that much all by his lonesome and I haven't used a lick of gold to make that happen.

They need to make top 100 prizes top 50 prizes IMO. There's too much disparity between the 26th faction and the 100th.

XenZibe
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
The biggest thing i dont like is, Im in a faction with my dad, We play good as a team and usually dont like randoms in the faction. The biggestest issue here is that we need the faction to be full, and to spend at least £200 on gold just to get to the top 4000, Which clearly isnt fair.

Modern War has too much of a Pay 2 Win model. I know, thats what the game is based on, But come on.. AT least let the people that just want to play the game and not spend thousands of pounds on pixels win..

ProCision
02-16-2013, 09:15 AM
free players can get top 4000 easy. It just takes team work.

procsyzarc
02-16-2013, 09:54 AM
The biggest thing i dont like is, Im in a faction with my dad, We play good as a team and usually dont like randoms in the faction. The biggestest issue here is that we need the faction to be full, and to spend at least £200 on gold just to get to the top 4000, Which clearly isnt fair.

Modern War has too much of a Pay 2 Win model. I know, thats what the game is based on, But come on.. AT least let the people that just want to play the game and not spend thousands of pounds on pixels win..

Just pull numbers from your ass?

My L8 character in a faction by himself is in the top 4000 without spending gold, so not sure where you get 200 pounds from

ProCision
02-16-2013, 10:31 AM
double post.....

johnnybravoo77
02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
I am a low level player, cant beat a lot of people in the factions we fight. This means I hit the fortifications which doesnt give a lot points. I alone have 3700 points for my faction, which is half of what needed to be in the top 4000. Just need a few active players to do pretty well. Oh, I dont use gold!

Forced Ll@ma
02-16-2013, 10:56 AM
My problem is i'm in a faction of one. I spent so much money and concrete on m faction i didnt want to leave. For BFB i made the top 5000, with BFG im going to barely miss getting into the top 4000. Looks like i might have to join a faction....oh well

drofn10zt
02-16-2013, 11:11 AM
the point is that there is no difference between 4000 and 1001 reward wise but its a huge huge huge difference in faction participation, both during and pre war.

So whats the point of the last month for our faction, we will hold our ranking, and get nothing for our work except for a 200 attack point item we could have bought for a hundreth of our effort.

Lawyer
02-16-2013, 11:24 AM
It is not that hard to get in the top 4000 ...seriously people

Lawyer
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I am a low level player, cant beat a lot of people in the factions we fight. This means I hit the fortifications which doesnt give a lot points. I alone have 3700 points for my faction, which is half of what needed to be in the top 4000. Just need a few active players to do pretty well. Oh, I dont use gold!

Being low level is just an excuse. We in rangers LLP are all low levels ... Play smart ..that is the key. I would tell you how we do it, but that would increase the competition in the top 100+ bracket :) and reduce our chances of recruits.

Morg
02-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Being low level is just an excuse. We in rangers LLP are all low levels ... Play smart ..that is the key. I would tell you how we do it, but that would increase the competition in the top 100+ bracket :) and reduce our chances of recruits.

You are level 71 with a34k and d42k, I am lvl64 with a2.6k and d3.4k.......playing smart won't get me in the top 4k even if I went without sleep for the next 4 days.

Thank you.

Just because one isn't high level doesn't automatically make one low level.

Mike P
02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
246022890, all add..

Kjctnorris
02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
the point is that there is no difference between 4000 and 1001 reward wise but its a huge huge huge difference in faction participation, both during and pre war.

So whats the point of the last month for our faction, we will hold our ranking, and get nothing for our work except for a 200 attack point item we could have bought for a hundreth of our effort.twenty people who barely care can score 65,000 points (current score of #1000). I have a guy who isn't even here this weekend and hasn't even been on at all who has scored 3,548 by getting attacked by others. He doesn't even have really high stats. Multiply that times twenty guys and you're in top 1000.

My point is it doesn't take that much effort to get there. And when you say you could've bought the unit, well if everyone in your faction would buy the amount of gold it would take for all of you to get that unit and apply it to WD, you'd easily be in the top 1000.

I don't understand people who complain about not getting enough free s41+. Hopefully my reading comprehension sucks and I'm just misunderstanding you.

Dudebot121256
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
246022890, all add..Please don't use General Discusssion for finding allies. Go HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?34-Add-Me) for the correct sub-forum. Thank you and have a nice day :)

Sparkle
02-18-2013, 06:39 AM
The Greenland battle is my first time playing in a faction. I tried to get into a faction for the Brazil battle and didn't have a faction button. That got fixed when Brazil ended so I already lost out on the rewards and fell behind due to Gree's shortcomings. Those with faction buttons leaped ahead. Then I tried to get into some top 100 factions and was denied because they were exclusive for only monster sized players who recruited for only other monster members and said that I would be crushed too easily even though I am a big size for my level. So again there was zero chance of getting any top prizes due to faction discrimination rather than lack of diligence or even spending on my part. Now in the middle of this battle, I learned that people with iPhones have defense level information about their opponents which is not available to us with Android phones. I could be attacking bigger people for bigger WD points, and losing less if I had this advantage, too. Notice that the winners of Brazil started on top and pulled far ahead. They are again positioned to take all in the Greenland battle, too. Unless Gree changes how factions are formed so as to stop discrimination or to develop leagues in which we can fight against only factions similar in strength and get top prizes at levels within each league, the rich will only get richer whether we're talking real money or WD prizes. I might also be satisfied to keep playing for lesser prizes if there were some decent ones with a greater spread of values between top levels of play. There's way too much leap from the Top 250 to 1000 to 4000 and the prizes at 1000 and 4000 are almost the same. There should be prizes for Little League Top 1,10,25,50,100,250,500,1000,2000. Then prizes for Junior League Top 1,10,25,50,100,250,500,1000,2500, etc...

Username088
02-18-2013, 07:21 AM

Congratulations! You are exactly the type of players who have caused the prizes to be nerfed. They start you out with a 20 player limit for a reason, because they want larger groups of players working together, and spending money together. It was never meant to be something where one or two people could start a faction, and receive some awesome free units. How about just be happy with the fact that you get some upgrades via your faction.

The prize brackets the way they are now is how it should be, the error is changing it after the event started.

Sillybeans
02-18-2013, 07:37 AM

I'm going to throw out my own thread here; http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46296-Boss-Event-Statistics-for-Campers.

F2P requires allot more camping at the start of the game. Truthfully, P2P is kind of what you do when you have no idea at the start then once you have knowledge and understand how to camp efficiently it becomes so much easier.

You sir are expecting too much too fast. Gold is for people who don't want to wait & if you abuse the boss events (easily possible to get too lv20-25 in boss events until lv151+ tier) you'll have a few hundred indestructible units, maybe even a full 2000 but it will take time!