PDA

View Full Version : Rewards just got a lot worse

gwmac
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
There was a top 1,000 with the Mangler APC 900A/772D as prize, then a top 5,000 and top 10,000.

Now the top 1,000 prize sucks. Only 255A/494D (at least compared to the Brazil top 1,000 prize) until a few hours ago this was the top 5,000 prize. And now there is no top 5,000 or 10,000 just a 4,000.

This seems very unethical by Gree. We have no chance at the top 250, we finished 652 last time and will struggle to match that again but will probably make top 1,000. Players on our team spent real money to ensure a top 1,000 finish because it was supposed to be the Mangler APC in addition to the Glacier Patrol and Silver Striker.

I really hope this is a temporary glitch. This is pure bait and switch. Gree please change it back or there will be a lot of angry folks not to mention very bad game reviews on the Apple and Android app store tonight.

I am a cow
02-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Aw yeah i will be pissed to not get the Mangler APC thats the thing that is keeping me going the top 100 prize is not enough to succumb my anger at GREE.

goldenarchie
02-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I dont think that Gree is wanting to reward complacency. just saying

Ajk
02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
They don't care. They did this last time also. They advertised prizes for the top three performers from each faction and took that away also. They just don't care about being an honest and straight forward business.

goldenarchie
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
They don't care. They did this last time also. They advertised prizes for the top three performers from each faction and took that away also. They just don't care about being an honest and straight forward business.

i forgot about that one...

Dutchie
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
You should all know by now that they always move the goal posts. Just go with the flow or stop playing... it really is that simple!

LeBarticus
02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure how long I'm gonna stick around. I may just finish building my base the way I want it and call it a win. Of course this will take a bit, but I need to finish it

soulnmysole
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Good .

gwmac
02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
But here is the thing, at least keep the rewards consistent. we finished in top 1,000 for Brazil and got the Fang Missile Projector 406A/293D and also the Yulian Class invader 810A/750D.

Now the top 1,000 prize is worse than the top 4,000 prize from Brazil. What sense does that make? I really hope this was just a glitch or temporary mistake. All we can do is complain to Gree and also on the Apple and Android app stores under reviews.

Kjctnorris
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
They should have made the top 100 prize a top 50 prize.

SuperSonic Chimp
02-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Although i was pissed at this initially, I kinda like the separation of classes. Top 250, will now have an advantage over the rest of the field. I can only say that because we were in the top 200 in Brazil and should be fine here too. Otherwise, i'd be LIVID!

gwmac
02-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Although i was pissed at this initially, I kinda like the separation of classes. Top 250, will now have an advantage over the rest of the field. I can only say that because we were in the top 200 in Brazil and should be fine here too. Otherwise, i'd be LIVID!

But you guys got screwed as well. You would have received the whiteout striker for a 101 to 250 finish, and now you get our old prize instead. Everyone should be livid

DRJ
02-15-2013, 04:31 PM
GREE(D). do you acknowledge that you are selling us a product and providing a service? You are legally obligated to uphold your advertised statements on rewards and timelines as long as you are selling us gold required to achieve these bonuses. If you post something in the game then stick to it and don't change it the last minute. If you need to iron things out then try a beta format with free gold before you roll out untested updates. I hate filling 1099's at the end of the year from class action lawsuit settlements.

gwmac
02-15-2013, 07:27 PM
If this were a free game with no actual money, they can do what they like. But since this is for profit you can not change the reward right before an event. That would be the equivalent of selling lottery tickets for a $1M jackpot and other big prizes then one hour before the lottery you announce the prizes have been reduced. Definitely grounds for both a class action lawsuit and for anyone in California especially a small claims court action.

Absolutely no reason for Gree to take this action today. Please restore the prizes to what was posted before the event.

Maestro
02-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Also offering a prize and providing it to some but not all customers could be grounds for a lawsuit when people payed to play. Some paying customers have not gotten the BfB rewards yet.

SuperSonic Chimp
02-15-2013, 07:34 PM
But you guys got screwed as well. You would have received the whiteout striker for a 101 to 250 finish, and now you get our old prize instead. Everyone should be livid

If I'm correct, everything after 250 was pushed back and then eliminated. Wasn't the whiteout Striker always a top 100 prize? They shortened the list for the Mangler from 1k to 250, and moved the last two units up as well.

gwmac
02-15-2013, 07:44 PM
If I'm correct, everything after 250 was pushed back and then eliminated. Wasn't the whiteout Striker always a top 100 prize? They shortened the list for the Mangler from 1k to 250, and moved the last two units up as well.

You might be right. Since my faction had little chance for a top 100 or even 250 finish (652 in Brazil) I really only paid close attention to the top 1,000 prize which included the mangler. At least we are still getting a prize, I really feel bad for teams between 4,000 to 10,000 who got excited to get a prize and now will get nothing at all. This is simply wrong and a very bad PR decision by Gree. I can only imagine this will backfire and cost them real money. Stupid short-sighted and greedy move that will cost them in the long run. I will never spend another dime on this game and all members of my factions said the same thing. No reason at all to anger so many players for a prize that cost them absolutely nothing.