PDA

View Full Version : Prize rankings

Ajk
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
So when did this change?

BigD@wg
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Apparently just now. Hmmm, seems like another slap in the face. For weeks it has shown prizes for those placing 5000 and 10000. Glitch or just more false advertising??

Procyon
02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeh, noticed it in the middle of the first battle. I know have a screen shot of the original prize tiers. Will look. I swear you need to take snapshots of everything in this game as proof of one thing or another.

andypandy2
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Did anyone see the "The Top 42 ranked Factions at the end of the event will receive grand prize items!" notice at the bottom of the "Your Faction Won!" screen?

Can they ever stop teasing me!

Procyon
02-15-2013, 12:41 PM
This was it, right?

BigD@wg
02-15-2013, 12:43 PM
@procyon - yup that's it. Was up as of an couple hours ago. Now it changed after event started.

Username088
02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
This won't end well...

Procyon
02-15-2013, 12:56 PM
@ Big D@wg - Thanks for the confirmation. I knew I kept the screen shot in my file entitled "Screen Shots That Will be Needed in MW to Prove or Disprove Something or to at Least Show Yourself That You're Not Seeing Things".

Do you recall in B4G my replying to one of your posts with the words from "I'm the Man" by Joe Jackson? That song is running through my head again.

BigD@wg
02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
@ Big D@wg - Thanks for the confirmation. I knew I kept the screen shot in my file entitled "Screen Shots That Will be Needed in MW to Prove or Disprove Something or to at Least Show Yourself That You're Not Seeing Things".

Do you recall in B4G my replying to one of your posts with the words from "I'm the Man" by Joe Jackson? That song is running through my head again.

Lol! Ya I do remember that :)

PG13
02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes this just happened and just now all of my faction points went to zero (0). Did you also notice that the event duration only shows for 3 d:22h...

Not a sermon just a thought...

p.s. Can't find any concrete...any suggestions?

thx

Procyon
02-15-2013, 01:07 PM
@PG13 - didn't notice the point issue but wouldnt surprise me. Best to take a screen shot after each battle just in case you need to send a ticket in. Then have someone take a picture of you taking the screen shot with a copy of today's paper in case you need further proof.

And I never looked at the timer so not sure.

soulnmysole
02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Good. Rewarding teams that finish in the top 5,000 or 10,000 is silly. When did it become commendable to place in the top 10.000 in anything lol.

BigD@wg
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Good. Rewarding teams that finish in the top 5,000 or 10,000 is silly. When did it become commendable to place in the top 10.000 in anything lol.

It's not a matter of whether the top 5000 or 10,000 deserve a prize. It's a matter of Gree advertising it an then not honoring it. It's false advertising...plain and simple.

Mudphud
02-15-2013, 01:31 PM
It's not a matter of whether the top 5000 or 10,000 deserve a prize. It's a matter of Gree advertising it an then not honoring it. It's false advertising...plain and simple.

I agree. I'm starting to get sick of the continually moving targets. However, they did beef up the Top 10 prize so they kept the big gold spenders happy.

CDR Shepard
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM

No one would play these events then if only the top 3 got a prize. This game is made for all types of players, not just the top wallet drainers. Wow, lets move past stupid 101 please...

Procyon
02-15-2013, 01:51 PM

Exactly! And as Mudphud says, tired of moving targets and surprises.

soulnmysole
02-15-2013, 02:00 PM
False advertising is a part of their core business principles.

We should all be used to it by now.

Ajk
02-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, I was content with being in the top 1000 for the prize that used to be there. Now I see it has become unattainable. I would have bought some gold to be there too. But you have just shot that down Gree. For the prize that's there now it is completely not worth the time or the effort or the money. Thanks for saving me money I guess.

Procyon
02-15-2013, 02:15 PM
False advertising is a part of their core business principles.

We should all be used to it by now.

Now that argument I'll buy.

I really don't think it's false advertising so much as it is poor planning. Either way, frustrating.

Justdavew32
02-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Moving targets. Gree sort yourselves out. You can't keep changing the goal posts! My faction is no longer fighting.

thunder
02-15-2013, 03:28 PM
also the top 3 factions get the same exact prizes as all of the top 10. the top 1-3 factions their prizes is casuality reduction. the top 3 factions dont need this in their all gold armies.im not in the top 3 never will be i dont spend that kind of money but dont you think they should get something for getting in the top 3?

asdfasdfasdf
02-15-2013, 05:26 PM
I don't appreciate the prize change, but considering I am still awaiting my prize from BfB, I doubt ill see half of what I'm promised. Demoralizing.

Procyon
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
@asdf - I have to admit I laughed a your post. Not at you but at the sheer ridiculousness of not getting your B4B goods yet.

Gritix
02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Everything changes all the time i can never keep track

pick_sax
02-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Yet another example of a company that is trash! The worst possible communications I have ever seen!

That said, if they had published as such for the last few weeks, it would have made sense!

GREE = idiots in action!

asdfasdfasdf
02-15-2013, 06:56 PM
@asdf - I have to admit I laughed a your post. Not at you but at the sheer ridiculousness of not getting your B4B goods yet.

I'm glad I could provide a good laugh :) though I'm only missing one prize from BfB and not all of them. Regardless, that ship is 800/800 with 5% sea def, would be helpful for this fight.

Procyon
02-16-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm glad I could provide a good laugh :) though I'm only missing one prize from BfB and not all of them. Regardless, that ship is 800/800 with 5% sea def, would be helpful for this fight.

Really asdf, I chuckled at gree's incompetence with this one, not you. I think its worse you got some of the prizes but not all, especially if others in your faction received them all. How does that work? And yeh, the Yulian is not the one for them to not send.

Morg
02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I would love to see an official response to this........

Are the 5k and 10k positions officially removed?

BigD@wg
02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
I would love to see an official response to this........

Are the 5k and 10k positions officially removed?

I would like to see the official response about it too. And I don't mean some lame excuse like "oh that's what we had planned all along but couldn't update it until data push for the event". Then you should have not posted the prizes for 2 weeks leading up to the event!

Them telling the TRUTH for a change would be the appreciated response. "We wanted to make more money so we made it more difficult for anyone playing for free to win a prize." Anything other than that response would just be another slap in the face.

Morg
02-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I honestly don't care about a reason at this point, I would just like RJ54 to take 30 secs. and answer the question. I noticed the prize tiers were ,purposely r not, left out of the main thread this time around.

Wai
02-16-2013, 05:58 PM

I would assume its commendable for those factions below that. Wouldn't you think?

The cut off can be anywhere. It could also be only one prize with 3 or 4 factions playing.

I guess the cut off point for some is anywhere so long as they are in it. So if you were in a top 25 faction. I guess the thought is cut it off at 50. If you were in a faction ranked 9,000. I guess it would be a 10,000 cut off?

Does it really matter if its cut off at 10,000 or 100,000. Give them all something for putting up with the constant problems. The problems are just as frustrating at the top or at the bottom.

Pakmom1
02-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Wai, gotta say I agree with you, everyone should get something for participating. And the unit they gave yesterday doesn't come close to compensating for the problems from B4B, much less what we're still going through!

And I'm not just saying this cuz my faction is suckin in this round, lol.

Morg
02-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Bump.....

27 secs of your time please RJ54 ???

Justdavew32
02-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Can a member do the moderation team please answer why you changed the goalposts in this battle.
No problem if you want to do it for the future battles but it was advertised right up to and including the start as top 10,000

wwwait
02-17-2013, 06:09 AM
This is a total bait and switch (lol, a "moving target" sounds almost like a bait and switch of a description of a bait and switch), but it's par for course for Gree- that's just how they roll...

If it was a typo, then fix it at the last second when event starts, (with an apology given way later if people complain enough) even though they advertised it for however long. I would just say to stop participating in the events or quit the game altogether... I'm considering it right now, after playing six months, and dealing with things like this.

Fivestars02
02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I was asking the same to our team, I Romberg the special prize for the top 42. I didn't see it since long now

BSG123
02-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Yeh, noticed it in the middle of the first battle. I know have a screen shot of the original prize tiers. Will look. I swear you need to take snapshots of everything in this game as proof of one thing or another.

Troof.

This, for me, has been a more recent lesson in MW. Once factions were created, this newfound communication between players increased my sensitivity to glitches/peculiarities/...*cough* *cough* exploitation *cough* And then I started the daily screenshot routine. Huh, I guess I should create a photo folder just for that. Not a bad idea, no, sir.

Ajk
02-17-2013, 07:45 AM
All in all, it really doesn't matter if he comments or not. He knows what they did was wrong. They don't care. They will do it again next time also. This is how the MW part of Gree operates. They promise one thing and give you something else. If your looking for integrity in this company you are sadly never going to find it.

And if your looking for that 50 gold they promised, not gonna happen.

Hub_Master_General
02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
What is really interesting that the argument they used for ignoring the unified MW Community’s cry for a shorter event. CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things. Does it depend on their mode or phase of the moon? What The f*%k Heck? (below is the cactual quote)

Two reasons. One, we have a strict schedule due to technical and resource reasons, and things can collapse or pile up when that schedule gets altered. More importantly though, the prime hours for this are already announced in the game. Extending or flexing existing dates are one thing, short delays are one thing, but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that. There was no good win situation for this one, but this is the best way to do it.

Ajk
02-17-2013, 08:18 AM
What is really interesting that the argument they used for ignoring the unified MW Community’s cry for a shorter event. CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things. Does it depend on their mode or phase of the moon? What The f*%k Heck? (below is the cactual quote)
Nice. Great point. This alone should tell people what this company is full of, and its not good.

Procyon
02-17-2013, 09:58 AM
CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things.

Excellent point. All just frustrating and deflating. I don't care where they place the tiers, just don't change them with hardly any notice so people can prepare or not prepare accordingly.

Ah, so that's it. Advertising lower level prizes at 1k, 5k and 10k brings more people in thinking they have a shot at a little something.

This just in.... If you're in the top 250 and but your faction name contains more than four vowels you only get the top 1000 prize.

Xeon
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I registered with these forums just to reply to this thread. I am by no means a big gold buyer, but I generally will buy gold to maintain our current rank or try to push the next rank. I bought gold to ensure my faction would receive the original top 1000 reward. After Gree's "Bait and Switch," I will no longer be spending a dime on this game. The change was beyond inconsiderate and is a prime example of why no one takes these app games seriously. I will now be going out of my way to talk my faction members; or anyone I can, out of spending money on this game anymore. I hope Gree is happy with their decision.

Morg
02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I want to know because when the tier suddenly changed in game it happened to be a typo....during BFB. The payout, as far as know from my own prize, remained the same as was stated in CJ's sticky about the event. This info along with other previous stated info, for what ever reason, was left out of his sticky for this BFG.

So I want to know is the ingame info incorrect after the sudden change, as we the case last event...or is the ingame info correct and was changed moments before, or possibly during, the event.

26 seconds of your time please...my next post will be a new thread calling out CJ directly, so I will know for certain this is going ignored.

Hellrazor
02-17-2013, 05:54 PM
This is becoming a joke gree you did this in the battle for brazil, however you did pay out as per the original prize layout, you had better pay out the same as original layout again, and if you want to change next time then post it from day one!!!!
I'm getting more and more sick of this gree and others too ,better sort your act out or you will see your profitable business go down the gurgler......

IlliniFan1
02-17-2013, 06:01 PM
This isn't right to all the other players who could've gotten a top 5,000 and 10,000 prize, but will now get nothing. These players might have even bought some gold before the event to get to the top 5000, but now it looks like they wasted their money. Gree needs to change the rankings back. They can use the top 250, 1000, and 4000 ranking system next time, but at least give a notice about e changes before the event starts.

Ajk
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Well I see CJ is on. Maybe we can get an official response to this thread as many here would love to hear from him.

johnnybravoo77
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
No problem with 1000 and 4000....... for the next event; to change right at the start was just silly.

Procyon
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
And this is just one of the reasons that my faction stopped battling as of today. We decided to take a stand with some other brother VFF factions and abide by the original deadline. If it costs us, it costs us.

Ajk
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
And this is just one of the reasons that my faction stopped battling as of today. We decided to take a stand with some other brother VFF factions and abide by the original deadline. If it costs us, it costs us.
I applaud you and your fellow members for that. It speaks volumes in the community, truly.

Just wish he could of at least taken 30 seconds of his time to reply. Of course, it is a holiday and he wasn't really on here to work and I understand that.

Procyon
02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
@Ajk-

Thanks. It sounds altruistic but isn't meant to. Honestly, just speaking for myself, a big part of it is I'm just tired of shooting at moving targets not knowing if it's worth putting in another 24 hours of time, effort and possibly money if it doesn't matter.

That said, speaking for myself again, I don't begrudge any faction that keeps going.

Coop2012
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
When Gree added bonuses to the rewards in Brazil the same thing happened to the reward levels. Something to do with the script they ran changed the reward tiers. They fixed it after the battle. I would imagine they will do the same so fight hard!

Morg
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
When Gree added bonuses to the rewards in Brazil the same thing happened to the reward levels. Something to do with the script they ran changed the reward tiers. They fixed it after the battle. I would imagine they will do the same so fight hard!

Nope, just got lied to, screwed, suckered, how ever want to look at it.....

Won't be participating in the next, no reason to...

bait n switch (http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2452&d=1360960859)

Hellrazor
03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
well i didnt get the prizes as listed originally before they changed it WTF???

Ajk
03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
well i didnt get the prizes as listed originally before they changed it WTF???
They did for Brazil but not for greenland.