PDA

View Full Version : Did any non-Gold Factions make top 100 in BFB?

Dirk Durbin37
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm in a 44 member Faction with dedicated and well organized players. No members buy or use Gold and no one is required to. Just wondering if around the clock play will be enough to crack the top 100. We just missed top 200 in BFB with only 18 active members. With our expansion I'm thinking we have a shot but I'm here for a reality check. Is anyone here in a non-Gold Faction and did you get in Top 100 last time?

AlexFoo
02-14-2013, 02:21 PM
we placed 59th. we had 2 guys play SOME gold, the majority were free or VERY small gold players.

i think its going to be tough to do without gold play.

SevenO9
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Gold is not required for top scores. Its all about dedication, teamwork, endurance, strategy and leadership.

Of course heaps of gold will help as well ....

Dirk Durbin37
02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
we placed 59th. we had 2 guys play SOME gold, the majority were free or VERY small gold players.

i think its going to be tough to do without gold play.
Wow nice finish. I think we are setup pretty well to make a run. When you place that high, do you battle any of the Top 25 Factions? I would say all but 3 of our match ups were equal. It came down to how many people were active to attack. I wonder if they fixed the Health upgrade, because that will make a big difference.

Jhenry02
02-14-2013, 03:13 PM
We had 2 players use a decent amount of gold and got #29th. But the other 34 of us made almost every battle. Except me for private reasons. Making the top 100 with a 40+ team count isn't impossible. I'd think with 40 dedicated non gold members you could place at least 75th.

-J

Web323
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
It can be done, but top 25 would be very hard

Thenoob
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
We placed 139. And use very little gold. Almost none it's all on which defence leader u choose and u have to battle every hour. I my self racked 135 000 points and only lots 52 fights. I think that's alright for no gold lol I'm sure there is higher but wht ever

Kjctnorris
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
It can be done, but top 25 would be impossibleFixed it for you.

SuperSonic Chimp
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Not that special, but up until the work week hit in Brazil our faction was 14 players ZERO....literally ZERO gold were ranked at 137th. We finished 190th because we couldn't devote much time while working. Gree didn't take notice either....It's very possible to make top 100 without spending a drop of gold.

Generik79
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Despite a few people's protestations above, I don't think anyone made top 100 without spending gold. 25 is impossible. But what I see above are people saying they used "some" gold, or "low" gold, and such terms. Those are highly relative. At 25 gold a refill, a "light" gold spender by my definition would not have bought any. And I'd also love to hear how many level 10 walls allegedly came down without gold and with the overwhelming majority being high 20s to low 30s member factions. Sorry, it takes gold. That is why you've seen the uproar you have seen. I am only new to being THIS into the game. And I admit I was surprised that the whole thing revolved around gold. Now I understand it.

***Sub-point: if you complained about matchups, you were told "just hit the command center." The problem with that advice, and the real tell that this was a gold rush event, is that you had to take down the wall to get to the command center. Gold it is, then.

Generik79
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I should add. I am speculating a faster regen time for health this time. If that's true, and you guys are perfect clock milkers with EVERYONE on in 75% of battles, you might be able to do it. But I still am dubious. Wish you the best in your honorable pursuit!

SGT Calzada
02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
It can be done. First you would need to have mad stats. Then you need to max out your guild member increase. Then max out your health regen.Then you set up shifts, 4 to 8 hrs shifts. Make sure your guild has team mates from all over the world in different time zones. You would need to play 24 hrs a day until the end of battler. For a time standard use when making shifts Zulu is the easiest.

Good Luck

vorm
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
It *might* have been possible on Brazil, if you had a big faction all with great stats and all very active and available for most of the time during the war. But I doubt it will be very likely at all this time around if your faction spends no gold. I'm going to speculate that all the top factions (as in top 100) have gotten a LOT better since last time, as I know we have. It should be interesting to see how this goes.

King little fruit fly
02-14-2013, 11:16 PM
It can be done. Wefinished 51th even with about 20% deadwoods. I and some hyperactive guys put in 20 hours a day.