PDA

View Full Version : Strategy!!!

Dcarrington
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
What's the best strategy tip! For a small faction? Is it to regenerate health before the next fight? Or to just attack attack attack to get as many points as possible. Where not sure what to do, can someone shed some light on this for us?
Thanks!

King little fruit fly
02-12-2013, 06:30 PM
You need a good recruitment officer or poacher, first and most. ;)

Dcarrington
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
This sounds good but what we are not successful with this we still need a plan. We may not make top 1000 but we want to be competitive! Let the bigger factions work for what they get!

Jonmutley
02-12-2013, 07:09 PM
This sounds good but what we are not successful with this we still need a plan. We may not make top 1000 but we want to be competitive! Let the bigger factions work for what they get!to be fair to you Dacarrington, most faction members will keep there tactics to themselves. It's not really something alot of players want to discuss as its personal to there factions. Look closely at ever aspect of the game and formulate a plan. If it needs tweaking then adjust accordingly. That's the most I can say without giving vital intel away. Sorry if that doesn't help much my friend. Alot is at stake for many. The past 4 weeks hard work is geared up to this event so people will be relatively tight lipped about some things. After all, they may be matched up to have a fight with your faction! :)

Q Raider
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Well wins mean zip, it's points that count, you could go 0-20 and still make it into the award section somewhere.

Hits on the fort do less damage than on player's and no units are lost, guaranteed points for zero risk unit loss wise.

Hits on players score half (I think) with wall up than if it is down but you need to win to get the points and unit losses may (will) occur. Higher risk = higher reward potential.

You also need to take down the Defence leader to attack other players. Read the walk through carefully for relevant information on this requirement and then plan for what you are going to do. Maybe it is worth it, maybe not, that is for your team to decide.

I expect you should be able to come up with a plan as to where the wall/player attack tipping point is.

Last event we experienced a lot more mismatches than matches, I think the phrase "hobbits and dragons" was coined and we appeared on both sides of that term :-)

Our tactics varied dependent on various factors, being flexible is the key.

Dcarrington
02-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the input and I understand the tight lips, I wasn't thinking about that!

SuperSonic Chimp
02-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Well wins mean zip, it's points that count, you could go 0-20 and still make it into the award section somewhere.

Hits on the fort do less damage than on player's and no units are lost, guaranteed points for zero risk unit loss wise.

Hits on players score half (I think) with wall up than if it is down but you need to win to get the points and unit losses may (will) occur. Higher risk = higher reward potential.

You also need to take down the Defence leader to attack other players. Read the walk through carefully for relevant information on this requirement and then plan for what you are going to do. Maybe it is worth it, maybe not, that is for your team to decide.

I expect you should be able to come up with a plan as to where the wall/player attack tipping point is.

Last event we experienced a lot more mismatches than matches, I think the phrase "hobbits and dragons" was coined and we appeared on both sides of that term :-)

Our tactics varied dependent on various factors, being flexible is the key.

Helping is fine and I'm all for it, but this shouldve been put in a PM.

Tournai
02-13-2013, 02:37 AM
off course every Faction has his own tactics, but the best is to buy gold if you want to raise your stats.

Its not so hard to see that gold is the best tactic for a faction!

You will never beat gold players/factions.

Just join existing faction, cause it is has no use of starting a new one, only if you got really dedicated people.

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 04:14 AM
Gold is the key if you have the funds to so! But what about this player who's stats are 400 and 500k on att and def, we faced a few like that in brazil and they killed us! I mean they would attack us and then turn around raid our bases. Is this just hackers or what?

Tournai
02-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Gold is the key if you have the funds to so! But what about this player who's stats are 400 and 500k on att and def, we faced a few like that in brazil and they killed us! I mean they would attack us and then turn around raid our bases. Is this just hackers or what?

no Why? if you pay you can fix those stats. But always make an screenshot of the player his base, stats, and inventory.
Then you can see if it is possible.

Hivesy
02-13-2013, 04:27 AM
This forum is for helping people, everyone who reads it, not just single people via pm. Q Raider was spot on with his post and nothing he said can't be found in the help section anyway. Let's not let paranoia set in people, it's only a game.

I would say you just need to experiment. You'll get plenty of battles during the war. What works for you might not work for others and vice versa so don't follow other people. There are so many variables with regards to player numbers, gold spent, stats etc you have to find your own path.

Try one battle just hitting the wall. Try a battle with taking it down and hitting players. Try attacking again immediately after a battle finishes. Try waiting until you regen health before you attack. During Greenland you will see how many points you get for each approach and know what works best for you.

To be fair you should have done that during Brazil :)

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Ok but how could you turn around and go into our bases and raid them durning war because we could not do this.

no Why? if you pay you can fix those stats. But always make an screenshot of the player his base, stats, and inventory.
Then you can see if it is possible.

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 04:32 AM
True ! And thanks for your advice! And we did try some but we had a hard time knocking the walls we seemed to be paired up with some better or stronger factions a lot.

Tournai
02-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Ok but how could you turn around and go into our bases and raid them durning war because we could not do this.

if you get attacked by a high level player ( during war ) like their Def leader for example, you can see in your news feed revenge if he beats you right?
So if you attackt him during war, and even loose he can attack you back!?

So that is possible right?

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Ok that makes sense for the defense leader ....

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Gold, get yourself plenty of that great, Gree Gold. How much? Well, picture this, laddie. An average player can hit eight times a minute. That's 480 hits over a 60 minute battle. To sustain that many hits, you'll need that great, Gree Gold. About 120 reloads equals 20 bars per reload. That's about 2400 bars per battle. You'll need to do at least 30 battles over three days, which means you'll need at least 72,000 Gree gold bars. That's about 48 vaults of great, Gree gold. The cost of that gold depends on whether Gree has a price reduction and what currency you use to buy the gold. If you bought it now, it'd cost you about $5,000 US dollars. That, laddie, is what'll take to get you some trinkets.

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Well I guess I need to head to the bank for a loan! Because this oh boy doesn't have that type of money laying around, thanks for your response !

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the good advice! We have lvl 50 fortifications now and not sure how much we can get before war

Товарищ
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Completely agree with Hivesy I'm on Q Raider's side!
The game shouldn't be about who can interpret GREE's sketchy lacking descriptions the best, it should be about who can play the best after the rules that have been set, and who endures most playtime. Then ofc there's the gold...

Dcarrington, organization among your faction members (FM) is absolutely most important!
Your FM should be present during fights and disciplined.
You need your strongest hitter to have full battle health (BH) to do a power attack vs the opponents defense leader (DL) to take him out. The weaker players should save their BH for opponents they can beat.
You need to somehow figure out which targets are defeatable...
Cos if you attack and lose a fight, 25% less BH - no WD points!

Good luck!

stevek
02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I have a quick question about fortifications/walls. Are they designed for one time usage, or can they last for several battles.

Jonmutley
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
I have a quick question about fortifications/walls. Are they designed for one time usage, or can they last for several battles.forts last for one, one hour battle only. At the end, that particular fort will be gone. The highest fort is the one you will use first and then in descending order.

Jonmutley
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the good advice! We have lvl 50 fortifications now and not sure how much we can get before warjust a thought bud, there is a walk through in the help tile, click FAQ, scroll down and there is a walkthrough highlighted in blue. this is designed to help you to understand the game further. Hope this helps bro. :)

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Ok this good as well I will take this back to the group thanks for your advice!

vorm
02-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Just have realistic expectations going into it, which it sounds like you do. Set your goal for something you think your faction can achieve as far as final ranking and try to get that.