PDA

View Full Version : Posting Tickets on Forum

Wufnu
02-12-2013, 04:04 PM
I just noticed CJ said not to do it and I would like an explanation why. CJ?

Also I read the posting guidelines and nowhere does it say not to do it.

CJ54
02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the forums! Please see the below guidelines to ensure a fun and constructive posting experience:

Please do not:

Advertise any product and / or service
Discuss locked threads or staff / moderator disciplinary actions
Discuss unreleased or Staging content that has not been posted or previewed
Engage in religious or political discussion
Flame, Troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
Go off topic
Hijack, Spam, or Necro a thread
Insult or deride any player or staff member
POST ALL IN CAPS
Post any content or engage in discussion about non-Funzio games
Post any form of nudity or sexual content
Post any form or racist or discriminatory content
Reveal your or anyone else's personal information
Swear or use any obscenities (Cutting out a single letter or replacing with symbols counts as swearing, we all know what you mean.)
Repeatedly bump a thread without adding new content.

Also, all discussions between players and staff that do not occur on the forums are considered confidential.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions please contact a moderator.

Bolded and underlined. That means anything in a ticket, PM, Beta communication, etc. Confidential means don't share it, whether on the forums or with others. Obviously we can't enforce this 100% but will when we see it.

The reason for this is pretty simple: People use them to troll us, or just accidentally stir people up needlessly. They'll edit the content of the ticket, or fail to give context, or just flat make stuff up. Not everyone obviously (or even most people, by a long shot), but it has happened numerous times in the last year and that in turn has gotten us a ridiculous amount of tickets from people getting stirred up when they don't even know what's going on. So it is just a flat rule now.

I understand that sometimes people have a valid concern, and we are glad to address those via PM or by reopening the ticket (always start by reopening a ticket, if you don't understand or disagree. The tech will speak with you about it, or escalate it).

Jonmutley
02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
That's fair enough. I can see CJ s point. Just imagine if our "friend" in the pony club had edited it and posted. Now that would be wrong! Lol.

Jonmutley
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
CJ, quick question. Who are the moderators? Is it just you CJ? Could we have some senior members moderating at certain times if your the only one designated to moderating duty? After all, it's a lot to keep on top of for 24 hours a day, every day for a year for one man.

CJ54
02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
CJ, quick question. Who are the moderators? Is it just you CJ? Could we have some senior members moderating at certain times if your the only one designated to moderating duty? After all, it's a lot to keep on top of for 24 hours a day, every day for a year for one man.

We're working on that actually, but I can't give an update yet other than "we're working on that". I'm not the only moderator though (for all the stuff that does slip through, I think most people would be surprised by the amount that doesn't), but I'm currently the only person that posts on the forums from a dev capacity.

Jonmutley
02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks CJ, appreciated sir. Keep up the good work. Good to see your on here more. Bravo! :)

Wufnu
02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
OK Fair enough and thanks for the quick response CJ.

I had posted a ticket that was asked about hundreds of times here on the forum, or so I thought. I'll go find that thread and delete it.

CJ54
02-12-2013, 05:09 PM
OK Fair enough and thanks for the quick repsonse. I had posted a ticket that was asked about hundreds of times here on the forum, or so I thought. I'll go find that thread and delete it.

It's sort of a frustrating Catch-22. In cases where it raises a good point or creates good discussion about the actual thing going on in the game, that's something we wouldn't normally mind. Or when it's just a support person made a mistake, sure, okay, we made a mistake and we'll fix that and hiding it is kind of pointless. And most of them are that, or people are just curious about why they got the response that they did (heck, in those cases it is better for the info to be out there, generally speaking). But it ends up being unequal enforcement, and "please do not attempt to start open rebellion by misquoting us" looks goofy in the rules.

The main thing is just don't cut and paste; if it is just "Hey, anybody have any idea why support would be telling me X works like Z" or "I had that problem once too and support said X wwas the reason", where it is just the gist, that's usually okay (and if it is off-base, I try to hop in and investigate or explain as necessary). We just have to put the line somewhere, and that's on direct quotes/cut-and-pastes that didn't happen on the forums.

Wufnu
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Hehe, Well I did cut and paste and the guys pointed out that the ticket response was for the wrong issue. You can probably find the thread I just deleted with the info. I did re-submit that ticket.

But OK and thanks for reasoning this out and giving us an alternative to talk about things related to tickets and problems in the game.

asdfasdfasdf
02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
I know you know who I am and what my issue is, but I'd love to get a response at all on it. Hate to be in your hair for so long. Ticket 371156 (created after my other ticket 18813 on GREE's main support page was open for two weeks then closed without response/explanation and my account was deleted without response/explanation). Been waiting since Jan 24. Thank you for any response whatsoever.

manbeast
02-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I think I should be a moderator. When someone gets banned I'm very good at identifying them when they create a new account. Would love to just keep banning Jeffery and joaquim over and over and over.

Paddy89
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I think I should be a moderator. When someone gets banned I'm very good at identifying them when they create a new account. Would love to just keep banning Jeffery and joaquim over and over and over.And Who gets to Ban you? lol

Wai
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Investigator, Judge, Jury and also the executioner. The full set with a large slice of self assessed infallibility.

manbeast
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
cj would get to ban me of course

manbeast
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Investigator, Judge, Jury and also the executioner. The full set with a large slice of self assessed infallibility.

nice legs ;)

that really you?