PDA

View Full Version : Battle For Greenland: My Prediction

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
MY PREDICTION:

Everyone on here regardless of what they have said leading up to the battle will do exactly as I predict they will do. If they are in an active faction, they will engage in the WD battle. MONEY will fly out of their pockets! They will spend whatever amount of money is needed to meet their goal. If the goal is number one then however much money that requires is exactly how much money will be spent. If their goal is 100, then that is how much will be spent.

If the requests for delays, gold sales, peace, support ticket answered, all go unfulfilled ...I predict every single person on here will play the game in the same manner he/she would have if the pleas had been answered.

The BFG will make GREE even richer than the BFB. The gloating and parading around the forum when its over will show you. You'll see how right I am!

Vballmadam
02-12-2013, 11:55 AM
MY PREDICTION:

Everyone on here regardless of what they have said leading up to the battle will do exactly as I predict they will do. If they are in an active faction, they will engage in the WD battle. MONEY will fly out of their pockets! They will spend whatever amount of money is needed to meet their goal. If the goal is number one then however much money that requires is exactly how much money will be spent. If their goal is 100, then that is how much will be spent.

If the requests for delays, gold sales, peace, support ticket answered, all go unfulfilled ...I predict every single person on here will play the game in the same manner he/she would have if the pleas had been answered.

The BFG will make GREE even richer than the BFB. The gloating and parading around the forum when its over will show you. You'll see how right I am!

Last event the Pirates fought many battles without gold! Didn't need to...in fact I haven't bought any gold nor will I for this event!

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Last event the Pirates fought many battles without gold! Didn't need to...in fact I haven't bought any gold nor will I for this event!

While I completely believe you, I am sure that much gold was spent to obtain 1st place. With your super powerful team it likely did not require gold in every battle. You and some of your team may not need gold, but I imagine many on your team will spend plenty.

I have no problem with the spending. It is everyone's choice to spend as much as they want on this game. I just feel I am seeing a lot of hype about not spending and I for one believe more gold overall will be spent in this battle than the last. I'm not just talking about the Pirates either. I am talking about all of the factions.

Lunacy79
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
MY PREDICTION:

Completely agree !!!

Dopfer
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
i think gree will make less money this battle because it is 2 days shorter

Bronson
02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Interviewer - What's your prediction for the battle of GreeDland

Bronson - My prediction?

Interviewer - Yes your prediction.

Bronson - Pain!

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 12:35 PM

Quite possible. I am basing a lot of this on having seen lots of faction recruitment threads requiring minimum vault purchases now during WD events to even become a member.

Q Raider
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM

I don't.....

Many factions this time have requirements of a vault of gold minimum for each player to be in the faction for the event.

This will likely be gone well before the end of the event and then they will feel pressure to buy more as they have already "invested" in the event and will want to make sure they hold their place.

I do have a prediction though that many players will leave the game entirely or at least join "camper" factions after this event once they realize the true cost of obtaining those faction trinkets...

1earEddie
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
MY PREDICTION:

As usual the DOG has barked loud and true!

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't.....

Many factions this time have requirements of a vault of gold minimum for each player to be in the faction for the event.

This will likely be gone well before the end of the event and then they will feel pressure to buy more as they have already "invested" in the event and will want to make sure they hold their place.

I do have a prediction though that many players will leave the game entirely or at least join "camper" factions after this event once they realize the true cost of obtaining those faction trinkets...

I wrote something very similar right above your response. Lol! I guess you too have seen these requirements for game play.

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Interviewer - What's your prediction for the battle of GreeDland

Bronson - My prediction?

Interviewer - Yes your prediction.

Bronson - Pain!

Nice Bron... Lol! A guest appearance by the Forum Legend himself. Haven't seen you in forever. Hope the salt life is treating you well.

NakedCherryPie
02-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Why buy more gold when you have 200k left over from your bonus?

Vballmadam
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Why buy more gold when you have 200k left over from your bonus?

Hahaha....only in my dreams!

LagBolt
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
The problem I have with the factions (apart from glitches) is that the reward for sitting playing for 18 hours a day and spending thousands of gold is not really that much. The top hundred reward is a 1500/1400 unit iirc?

Assuming you bought 1 vault of gold, you could buy 8 crates and add on average about 3000 to your stats. Much better than rewards in w.d.
just isnt worth all of the extra time and relying on others as well. I keep a low ally count so I would need to spend more gold to increase attack. Would rather spend it on a 2 piece LE set or crates

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
The problem I have with the factions (apart from glitches) is that the reward for sitting playing for 18 hours a day and spending thousands of gold is not really that much. The top hundred reward is a 1500/1400 unit iirc?

Assuming you bought 1 vault of gold, you could buy 8 crates and add on average about 3000 to your stats. Much better than rewards in w.d.
just isnt worth all of the extra time and relying on others as well. I keep a low ally count so I would need to spend more gold to increase attack. Would rather spend it on a 2 piece LE set or crates

That is a very rational conclusion and definitely will maximize stat boost for the amount of money spent. However, I suspect that seeing ones name within the top 10 is more of a driving force than the units that are obtained from doing so.

Vballmadam
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM

I agree completely. I also think that getting first should have a unit that noone else gets..with uber stats!..it took teamwork, sleepless nights and gold to win that honor. It's not right to share a unit with the top 10 teams!

Maybe they should let the winners of each country design their own unit or the unit for the next country winner!

Bronson
02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Nice Bron... Lol! A guest appearance by the Forum Legend himself. Haven't seen you in forever. Hope the salt life is treating you well.

I don't mind showing up from time to time to drop some bombs but I'm doing good fella. Now back on topic.... Yes pain I predict pain!

Q Raider
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I wrote something very similar right above your response. Lol! I guess you too have seen these requirements for game play.

Yes, and the pity of it that it will make little or no difference to the number or quality of "trinkets" for the vast majority of these players as a result.

Fact is that the genuine high power factions have the advantage as they will get many more points per hit as the "vault minimum" faction players can achieve. I do not actually know how many points someone with 400k attack received but I bet it is a lot more than the 400 odd mine was getting and it is a decent stat player for its level.

The control of the game is in the high power factions hands, they don't have to spend DIFFERENTLY to stay in touch with where they choose to finish. If needs be they could just tinker away with free play, do an assessment at a designated point, then unload on one or two unfortunate factions (hopefully they are just waiting till they find a hacker faction :-) ) and blow the other factions scores away in a single focussed burst.

There will be some jockeying for positions around 25 and to a lesser extent 100 which these "vault factions" are most likely to be gunning for and where the "pressure" and angst will come in to spend more......

And here is where the cheating takes effect.

From my observations there are a lot of energy hackers doing high end missions and putting that money into their faction for the added bonuses which has given their entire faction significant advantages over genuine players. Factions with these players KNOW they are not legit but are choosing to keep quiet in most cases (Eg Player goes from 30k to 250k attack in a week, donates over a billion to the faction and nobody thinks that's odd?)

Players need to be checking the inventories of opposing faction players for these oddities and reporting both them and the faction. In my opinion the factions found with these players should then be removed from the faction battle entirely.

Copenhagen
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't mind showing up from time to time to drop some bombs but I'm doing good fella. Now back on topic.... Yes pain I predict pain!

oooh, I like pain. How about a Forum Fight Night for old time sake?

BostonHammer
02-12-2013, 01:48 PM

just isnt worth all of the extra time and relying on others as well. I keep a low ally count so I would need to spend more gold to increase attack. Would rather spend it on a 2 piece LE set or crates.

That maybe true for the units but the bonuses (+1 alliance attack, +5% air attack and sea defense and +10% defense building boost) I received increase my stats just as much as the units themselves.

Bronson
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM

I'm up for that but you will have to stop camping and level up

BigD@wg
02-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Now Cope out of the woodworks too...Hi bud! Nice to see some old faces and some good old fashioned hijacking! Lol

BigD@wg
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Update: Gree has now upset many people by making the event longer than players wanted it. Guess what? My predication hasn't changed. People will complain and gripe about it all the way up til start time and then they will still throw all their money away this weekend.

Agent Orange
02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
My prediction, I'll be sitting at work this weekend then going home and enjoying my new guitar. Quality of life folks, nobody is holding a gun to your head to play.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Yes, factions and WD have played out after one run.

No repeat engagement needed for me.

The trinkets aren't worth the effort.

That said, I keep my own schedule, and don't dance to the music of others.

My wife can conform my recalcitrance.

Now, if Gree were to offer a reward of 50,000 gold to each 1st place faction member, 30,000 to each 2nd place faction member, 15,000 to each 3rd place faction member, 7,500 to each 4th place faction member, and 4,500 to each 5th place faction winner; people would be MORE inclined to hang in there.

BigD@wg
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
My prediction, I'll be sitting at work this weekend then going home and enjoying my new guitar. Quality of life folks, nobody is holding a gun to your head to play.

Enjoy that new guitar bud! After having traveled for work last week and my wife working nights this week, looking forward to some quality time with her. No battles for me :)