PDA

View Full Version : Better way for Faction Members to communicate to each other?

1brent1
02-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Does anyone know of a nice and simple Forum App (IOS and preferable free so everyone downloads it)?

Looking for a better way for all our Members to communicate.

The modernwar In-app faction forum in terrible. They should revamp it eliminating all the other buttons on the screen making more room for forum and posts. Also posts don't last even a day before rolling off the end.

I was thinking of just setting up a website with forum, since I manage a web design/host company for my day job. But afraid not everyone would be on board. I have a hard time getting members to even go on funzio forum here. So I think a finding a simple forum app might be better?

What are other Factions doing?

Many Thanks,
Brent

simpleman
02-12-2013, 02:50 AM
We use forumotion, have a look at ours via the link in my sig.

It's free and pretty simple to construct. A basic site can be done in seconds. It works great for us.

Although it took a lot of persuading for some members to use, but they can now see the benefit.

Tournai
02-12-2013, 02:50 AM
During battle I chat with my 1st Officer trought Gmail chat, but thats no good!
gets stucket, words showing later then typed! delay is big!

We also started out own forum, but I am also looking for a better way to communicate.

( also forumotion )

Just a simple group chat would be good! But not an app because a lot off my members use their phone, so they will have to switch with apps.

It already annoying doin a WD fight to go back to the faction forum in game to check post from others.

great thread though!

simpleman
02-12-2013, 02:53 AM
We have a little trick for calling our members to arms...sadly though that's a faction secret I can't share :)

simpleman
02-12-2013, 03:17 AM
FYI there is a chat room in forumotion that doesn't suffer from lag. I don't know if that would help. It's still requires jumping our of the game unless you've got another device with internet and browser.

commander Don
02-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Deleted because of comment below :)

Hassleham
02-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Why would you help out the enemy by giving them a better way to communicate..

simpleman
02-12-2013, 03:49 AM
because we're all full of peace and love......until Greenland.

HGF69
02-12-2013, 03:56 AM
We use an external forum and I have to say EVERY one of our members has signed up to it. Some are better than others at checking it.
It has a chat facility but useless if you are on IOS.
I can send group emails and they are all opted in.
Allows for extended chat and has been excellent.
Also its private and needs moderator approval.

Speed ump
02-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Mental telepathy. It works the best. Instant, easy.

Tctiger
02-12-2013, 07:18 AM
get all your members to be in the same room for 3 days , half sleep while half play thats what we did at bravo in our top secret bunker with 500 pot noodles .

Vballmadam
02-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Mental telepathy. It works the best. Instant, easy.

Wow! You just read my mind! Point proven!

Pakmom1
02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Dang, I can't even get my faction leader to respond to my requests for info, much less my request for some sort of web-communication system! Starting to wonder......

simpleman
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Dang, I can't even get my faction leader to respond to my requests for info, much less my request for some sort of web-communication system! Starting to wonder....... PM me your stats if your considering temptation ;)

SuperSonic Chimp
02-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I created a forum for my group as well...a loooooong time ago. Complete with chat and post rankings....which creates competition, thus getting us more ideas out of everyone. I never wanted to give our secret up so I never really said anything about it. It sucks some of you let the cat out of the bag tho.

nic4msu
02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Has anyone tried Kona? It looks interesting. I was thinking of giving it a go after Greenland.

Jhenry02
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Invisionfree.com

Smokey Jalapeņos
02-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Invisionfree.com

Thanks for the tip.

armykyle1
02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm only lvl19, But I started playing 4 days ago I think. I've been on two different factions and left. Zero communication on both via "forums" Looking to join a more active group 385-825-065. Hourly player. Pretty good stats so far.

I have a note 2 and reading posts in my news feed is pita lol

manbeast
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Invisionfree.com

charly got an offsite forum up and running? cool!

Cmputrgbln
02-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Dang, I can't even get my faction leader to respond to my requests for info, much less my request for some sort of web-communication system! Starting to wonder......

Don't forget about our PM conversations... ;-) wink, wink....

Cmputrgbln
02-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Invisionfree.com
I tried out Y! Groups which have some decent features but only so so UI...