PDA

View Full Version : Anyone accidently spend gold?

Wufnu
02-10-2013, 08:46 AM
I wish Gree would put in a validation window like they do on base expansion. You have to hit the button twice to expand your base yet when spending gold for an instant upgrade or expansion it only takes a single click. I have done this twice in the past week to the tune of almost 1000 gold! And those buttons are real close together, so on an I-phone tooling down the freeway (I know, I know, but don't say it :p) it's all too easy to spend massive amounts of gold you didn't intend to.

Ssne
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I would bet 30% of all tickets answered by support revolve around these types of questions. You are correct, a simple "are you sure" prompt would make all of us much happier.

The other day I was cleaning my ipad screen while playing...hit "profile" then "switch nation" then "china" within 3-4 strokes of the cloth and I had spent 50 gold. Spent 50 more gold going back to Russia once I figured out what had happened. Waiting until March probably for 100 gold refund...

Baraka
02-10-2013, 09:01 AM
It will never happen as it helps Gree to make more money. That's the point. It's same on over games too. I bought a scratcher by mistake this morning.

negotiator
02-10-2013, 11:23 AM
I wish Gree would put in a validation window like they do on base expansion. You have to hit the button twice to expand your base yet when spending gold for an instant upgrade or expansion it only takes a single click. I have done this twice in the past week to the tune of almost 1000 gold! And those buttons are real close together, so on an I-phone tooling down the freeway (I know, I know, but don't say it :p) it's all too easy to spend massive amounts of gold you didn't intend to.

This is one of the issues where I have been pleased with support as they have always taken care of the problem. One time was an upgrade which I got to keep as well.

Send in a ticket and good luck

Col C Smythe
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Yep, I have had the same problem more than once.

If it has been small, I have't done anything about it. It is darn irritating though.

On two occasions it has been rather sizable, once over 1000 Gold. Ouch...

On the other hand, both times I explaind the situation and both times they refunded my gold. The last was within 2 hours of submitting the ticket. Other than the lack of confirmation, I have no gripes with their resolutions so far.

You're right, they need a second step confirmation screen. Sure would eliminate a lot of tickets and gripes.

Q Raider
02-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Several times I have requested that they move the "instant spend" icons such as the grunt, stamina and refill from the initial section that everyone has to scroll past to get to all of the ones with the "confirm" button.

The refill and stamina are already accessible from the main page and they DO have a confirmation screen so there is no excuse for this.

As already noted the reason is it makes Gree a lot of money with all those accidental purchases adding up and people not realising they have spent it, or figuring they cannot get it back.

As far as I see it this single aspect of the game setup sums up the nature of the decision makers in the Company perfectly. The upshot is that if they did make the change then they would free up a major "time waster" aspect for the employees who handle this area which would allow them to focus on valid problem areas of the game.

The fact

simpleman
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Just done exactly this, used all the remaining gold I had :(
Boooooo

Bronson
02-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Any opportunity to bring out this beast..........

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23366-Worst-fat-fingered-loss

Domino_brown
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
The worst for me was an accidental instant expanstion, that I did not need. When I (finally) got my gold credited to me I did it again! I didn't ask for a refund the 2nd time, just couldn't do it.
I've accidentally bought crate set , while trying to see the units(tiny icon) but that didnt bother me.
Ive accidentally sold a lvl 4 oil rig (I love my fake money)
But honestly I'd estimate my accidental gold spent to be over a vault by now, but I probably shouldn't play at 3am;)

Dutchie
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Any opportunity to bring out this beast..........http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23366-Worst-fat-fingered-lossThat was finger licking funny :)

J-Man.
02-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Count me in as well, most recently noticed my gold was down a couple hundred during the course of the day. I don't even know what I did but I'm sure I sped up a land expansion or building upgrade time :( Had planned to save it for the start of the Greenland battles. Didn't bother to send a ticket as I figured they'd just say "too bad, you pressed the button"

1earEddie
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM

I left my GOLD in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me.
To be where little cable cars
Climb halfway to the stars!
The morning fog may chill the air
I don't care!
My GOLD waits there in San Francisco
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco,
Your GOLD will shine for Greeeee!

pick_sax
02-10-2013, 02:48 PM
The quick double taps on gold, I've only ever had enough for stamina, and building sales, it is a pain.

The only bright side is that if they actually read the tickets, the issues are easy to explain and the ticket tech's, even the less knowledgable ones, can solve them.

IlliniFan1
02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
The most I've accidentally spent was 10 gold, not anything serious.

dads
02-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Oh man this hurts reading this last time i was on boss 33 & had a fat fingered accident.
Left with no gold or funds to get to 35. :(
My first iPod had a cracked screen & it was all to easy then to misclick & acquired 17 fat fingered grunts.

LanceCollins
02-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Agreed. I've gone to open the store and it glitches so I hit the bottom again and it then registered it as two clicks and I've purchased a couple allies. It's only 10 gold but still.

Smokey Jalapeņos
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Accidentally sold a building. That was fixed by Gree straight away. Only have accidentally spent gold once or twice and both times was less than 50 per so I chalked it up to live and learn. I agree I would submit a ticket if a significant amount was spent on accident.

stealyourface
03-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Good to read that some people got refunded. I spent 688 to finish a vault yesterday unintentionally when trying to bank cash, so mad! I hope they will help me out.

Thenoob
03-09-2013, 08:24 AM
About two weeks ago I pocket bought a unit centurion humvi For 60 gold it sucks I sent a ticket about it asking if its possible to remove it and get my gold back I got an email back yesterday saying sorry about the problem if it has been reviewed and if you are still experiencing a in game problem sorry

So I guess I'm the proud owner of a pocket buy lol

RALK3212421
03-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Yes...submitted a ticket.

Got one response that says "as a one time credit I will refund the gold bars, and they will be available next log-in". Needless to say, they weren't there...so I replied and told them it didn't work. Got another response "sorry for the inconvenience, but I will credit you with the gold bars, and they will be available at the next log-in". Needless to say, they still aren't there...?

James_mac
03-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I accidentally bought 2 carriers from the latest LE set at a total of 1750 gold!!! FML

Topic1961
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I have sent countless emials to Gree on this subject with this very suggestion as I have frequently lost gold upgrading buildings and the vault - its a real pain and they should implement this simple solution quickly. It would save their overworked customer service team a lot of unnecessary emails.

thunder
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Happened to me a few times but always got my gold back a few days later

Soot
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
I accidentally bought 2 carriers from the latest LE set at a total of 1750 gold!!! FML

I wish I have the gold to buy even one of those.

gimmme some of your damn gold man!

Commander Ghost
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Hasnt happened to me yet, but it would be nice

PITA4PRES
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Had it happen to me today. When it tends to happen to me is when I drop my phone and pick it up. My finger hits the edge of the phone and refills my energy or hits to refill my stamina, which is no big deal as it is usually full anyway. Wasted 20 gold to refill my energy that I didn't want to use. Second time it has happened. The first time they did credit it back to me. Sent a ticket in about it and said they need a verification screen as well. I also started BfE down 140 gold for some reason. Still waiting to hear back on that. It was all gold that I earned free, but it is still frustrating because I may have chosen to use it for something and don't have it for during the battle.

General Soviet
03-09-2013, 08:42 PM
My brother went to buy a crate for 50 gold a few months ago. He only had 55 gold, and he accidentally bought a grunt for 17 gold. I laughed so much, and he was furious. I also made the mistake of buying a three pack of crates, and got all commons.

James_mac
03-10-2013, 06:49 AM
I wish I have the gold to buy even one of those.

gimmme some of your damn gold man!

No problem mate, ill ship it over to you now!! Will 10,000 bars be alright?

MadFox
03-10-2013, 06:59 AM
well after experiencing so many oddities I can say:
YES, spending money was an accident

BSG123
03-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Well, this didn't cause me anguish, but it's kind of funny.

When Gree gave out 50 complimentary gold last month, I spent every last bar accidentally. Like, when there was a crate event ongoing, I somehow managed to use gold every time I didn't intend to use gold, until there was no more gold. The payout was thrilling, too! Concrete & ally & useless unit.

Agent Orange
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Yup done it as well, just sent in a ticket for an energy refill that happened due to a lag on the iPad. Android is worse though. They are usually pretty good about replies and refunds.

WI(AusNz)
03-13-2013, 07:03 PM

this happened to me twice with the chest event. the button for rust knife is the same location for reset timer. two times i have been inpatient, and hit the button as soon as the window loads (thinking it is rusty knife) but hit it too fast before realising the timer has not reset yet and spending 15 gold. It is my fault but i could be improved by having validation.

kikl
03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
This has happened to me many times. They have returned the gold a couple times but sometimes they havent done it very annoying

WI(AusNz)
03-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Annoying indeed.

Why can't Gree just give us all a confirmation button and hurt its own revenue.

Not true, it may actually work in reverse. The psychology of spending gold accidentally means you will scrooge up at least for the next couple of days . if you fee you are getting value for your spend, people will keep on spending. Having a validation for any spend may actually assist people to spend more as opposed to spending less.
Everyone will spend their gold sooner or later anyway. Why not have happy customers than customers who feel ripped off and pissed off.

britton
03-14-2013, 05:55 AM
I have done it several times. Mainly looking at the screen and my fingers go tap, tap on another part of the screen. Gree has refunded the gold every time. The longest it took was 4 days.

Tanner
03-14-2013, 06:49 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2749

Mastert55
03-14-2013, 09:53 AM
This happened to me too a couple times. The first time I bought a vault upgrade from 7.5 mil to 10 mil and there was about 4 days left. I just bought a gold vault for the battle for Greenland, I clicked my vault icon and my iPad froze and I got very impatient, accidentally spent 1200 gold:/ The second time I was upgrading my Nanotech Facility and again my stupid iPad froze(btw using iPad 1 so very slow) and again I spent like 800 something gold. I sent tickets almost a month ago and still no response.