PDA

View Full Version : Glitches/Problems with 3.0

mofisto
02-09-2013, 09:15 AM
I guess everybody has downloaded this now (well those of the apple persuasion anyway), and while it has made some big changes (*cough cough syndicates........) it has also caused an issue for me.

For those who have an iphone 5, you'll notice that the program finally uses the full screen, which makes the game look far better (could be in my head but everything looks sharper on my screen). However, and I do think it's related to the bigger screen, I can no longer sell anything. I hit sell, and the confirmation screen jumps off the screen, meaning I cant hit accept.

Anybody else notice this, or for that matter any other problems?

Facasca
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
The same problem with me.

sister morphine
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
The same problem with me.
Mofisto's or rustbinlid's 😉

I've found I can't delete unwanted requests, and sometimes if I tap on rob after attacking someone the app crashes

rustbinlid
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I found I had some tech issues. Hit restart a few times it might resolve itself.

ShirleyManson
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
i've started doing the painting crate event before upgrading CC and i got to 8/10, then i downloaded the upgrade and all my crates, including both opened and unopened, disappeared, also 3/5/7 items disappeared from my profile
a restart helped tho so prolly not an issue but just saying

Cricket
02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Shirley, I experienced the same problem but reloading fixed it. Worst case is just send in a ticket and they'll take care of it. (hopefully)

-on second reloading of the game, I lost 5 crates but maintained my painting count.

rustbinlid
02-09-2013, 11:02 AM
i've started doing the painting crate event before upgrading CC and i got to 8/10, then i downloaded the upgrade and all my crates, including both opened and unopened, disappeared, also 3/5/7 items disappeared from my profile
a restart helped tho so prolly not an issue but just saying

That is what happened to me, I consider dialing Gree and cursing them, but hit restart several times instead.

CJ54
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
To the original poster and anyone else on iOS 5 who can't sell things due to the sell screen being off-center: We're aware of the issue and have already submitted a patch for this, which should hopefully be up next week. We apologize for the brief inconvenience.

To people whose painting crates and other items looked like they disappeared on upgrade: Sometimes when upgrading or reinstalling the game, you can be set back to an earlier data set. this makes things that have been added to the game since that data set not visible, but they are still there. Luckily the fix is simple, just close the game and reopen it once or twice and that will put you on the current data set. Everything will show back up.

Ben Weston
02-09-2013, 12:54 PM
not everything CJ, I lost a couple hundred att/def points and they aren't back yet despite ~20 restarts over the day

also the spoils of robs are auto collected like jobs are which sucks big time as you can be attacked whilst robbing and lose your winnings before getting the chance to bank, this needs resolving for both robs and jobs but since the issue has been there over a couple of updates for jobs I don't hold my breath regarding a fix.

also those last att/def points I lost came from gold purchases in the shape of crates so yay for gree/d actually stealing money from me!

sister morphine
02-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I've found I can't delete unwanted requests, and sometimes if I tap on rob after attacking someone the app crashes
The request delete problem seems to have resolved itself for me

Da_Boss
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I am getting fed up with all the vibrating. What's causing that? Gotta stop it...

OneHoop
02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
STOKED for iPhone5 support. Finally! Goodbye black bars...

@Da_Boss, check your notifications and turn off sound. For me, it would vibrate every time I open it, since I preferred not to accept all invitations so that the invitation notification would flash "NEW" every time I opened the app (even if there were not new invitations) However, that icon has been supplanted by the syndicate icon, so it could be something else--still that is my recommendation. If you're level 200, I suspect you may have syndicate invitations...

edit: I started getting the vibrate all the time feature to the point that when I'm at work, I turn the sound back on but all the way down. As noted, it seems to be linked to pending invitations. Very annoying.

edit: I also was surprised to find that I couldn't sell my warehouse to make room for a NightClub but fortunately had an old iOS device to transfer my game to, sell the warehouse, and switch it back. I didn't think of this until after I started another hood expansion, so it still set me back half a day. I will use the expansion room for more defensive buildings for syndicate wars, but I plan to sell off some of my lower collecting buildings so I hope the fix comes through soon.

edit: Sell feature fixed with update on 2013-02-16, v.3.0.1

bald zeemer
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
STOKED for iPhone5 support. Finally! Goodbye black bars...

@Da_Boss, check your notifications and turn off sound. For me, it would vibrate every time I open it, since I preferred not to accept all invitations so that the invitation notification would flash "NEW" every time I opened the app (even if there were not new invitations) However, that icon has been supplanted by the syndicate icon, so it could be something else--still that is my recommendation. If you're level 200, I suspect you may have syndicate invitations...

It's way more than that. My phone vibrates almost constantly when I've got the app open, and there is no real indication what the "alert" refers to. My current guess is "anything at all happened in your syndicate" - ie, its doing it for donations, joins, forum posts, etc etc.

But whatever it's meant to be for, it doesn't perform any real function, and it's incredibly infuriating - plus a massive battery drain.

Cobra Shuttle
02-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah for the iPhone 5 all this vibrating is pretty annoying.

Cricket
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I just lost another 10 crates from re-loading the game. Not sure what the deal is... I'm not liking how i keep on having to collect them.

AppleMacGuy
02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes, it's vibrating every 10-15 seconds for me on iPhone 5 when CC is running as the frontmost application. Tried everything to get rid of it but no luck. This bug majorly sucks and needs rectifying asap.

Indian bong
02-10-2013, 08:58 AM
My mafia members appear in my rival list . . *weird* and Yes vibrations for no reason . .

dee17
02-10-2013, 09:21 AM
When I win a crate in pvp, the crate count increases +2 for each crate: once when the animation stops, and one more time when the crate is actually collected. It corrects itself after restarting, thus making it look like crates are disappearing.

Steve0
02-10-2013, 09:57 AM
My mafia members appear in my rival list . . *weird* and Yes vibrations for no reason . .Yes seen that too no more hiding by adding your rival. No one is safe.

Indian bong
02-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes seen that too no more hiding by adding your rival. No one is safe.

Lol problem is here not abt safety, Its abt the annoyance caused by vibrations for no reasons . .

Killshot-CC
02-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Tried everything to get rid of it but no luck.

Go into your mafia request list and approve or remove everybody. The vibrating shows that you have a request - it just doesn't stop once that request is no longer new (bug). Once the requests are all gone, you won't get the vibrations any more.

budman68
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Syndicate forum is gone? Any one else experiencing this?

rustbinlid
02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Mofisto's or rustbinlid's 

Gosh there are some spoilsports on here. Not you in particular sister morphine.

dads
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Not massive glitch however,the odd $1-9 dollars doesn't allways get banked when say depositing $101 the game only deposits $100 & leaves the $1-9 unbanked.

( not talking about trying to deposit $1 dollar alone as I know you can't,I litterly mean as above)

ss30
02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes, it's vibrating every 10-15 seconds for me on iPhone 5 when CC is running as the frontmost application. Tried everything to get rid of it but no luck. This bug majorly sucks and needs rectifying asap.

I'm getting Vibrating on my iPhone 4S

rustbinlid
02-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm getting Vibrating on my iPhone 4S

I believe it is a new added game feature.

ss30
02-11-2013, 06:03 AM
I believe it is a new added game feature.
It better stop soon as it's pissing me off

rustbinlid
02-11-2013, 06:17 AM
See if sound FX will null it for you

ss30
02-11-2013, 07:16 AM
See if sound FX will null it for you

Nope still does it

Edit:- Fixed it now I had a mafia request pending removed it and now it's stopped

clo
02-17-2013, 04:51 PM

^This.

+10

ss30
02-18-2013, 12:41 AM

The app crashes for me if I try and rob someone from the news screen.