PDA

View Full Version : Checking new faction members information

Roaring Russ
02-09-2013, 06:26 AM
When we have a request to join our faction it tells me I can click on the person to see more information about them.

But when I try nothing happens!

Is this a glitch? or am I doing something wrong.

I've tried clicking, double clicking, holding the thing down for five seconds, etc. I've done this on the icon, name, etc.

Any ideas?

Russ

AlexFoo
02-09-2013, 06:41 AM
we add member, review stats, then drop if needed. we try to keep one open slot up until WD event.

-Alex, Exec Officer UFO (#59 BfB)

Mongo
02-09-2013, 07:08 AM
You're not doing anything wrong, we do similar to Alex, accept a potential member, send them a message politely saying they are on probationary status, see if they fit and if not drop them.

Jonmutley
02-09-2013, 08:18 AM
You're not doing anything wrong, we do similar to Alex, accept a potential member, send them a message politely saying they are on probationary status, see if they fit and if not drop them. that's a good idea, I like it. Thanks bud. :)

Roaring Russ
02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone.

It does say you can click on them and view their information!

I have been doing what you have done, add them, look at stats and drop them if they are not what our faction requires.

The probationary thing is a good idea, I'll have to start using it when we get new members.

Russ

yoda
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Our faction does the same. Accept them, review their stats and drop them if no fit. But we also PM them as soon as we accept them telling them not to make any cash or block contributions until we've had a chance to review their stats and decide whether there is a fit or not. Some people are so eager to join they want to make a donation as soon as they're accepted and we don't want any hard feelings if we decide there is no fit.

MWnewGuy
02-09-2013, 01:21 PM
The problem with this are the spies. I have seen several players joining factions with their LLP's then gathering intel about the members of the faction and then leaving. So if you add them to check out their stats, DO IT QUICK!

Thenoob
02-09-2013, 01:25 PM
You always need one low stat noob come on now. You have to teach them what you know or it's all a waste. I let a level 34 in he's a cool dude so he can stay. He can be the meat shield since if he get picked on it doesn't really matter dont forget we all started with nothing and now look what have have grown into I think every faction should have a rookie to go clean or get you coffie lmao.

pick_sax
02-10-2013, 08:31 AM
The folks at GREE say so much, and good bits are incorrect for many reasons, you just never know what to believe!

The peek function is documented in the rules, yet it doesn't work.

Then someone will come along and say "you should read the rules". Well I did and they were wrong.

Yet another but.

Paisthecoolest
02-10-2013, 05:36 PM
We had a spie yesterday. What are you trying to learn?