PDA

View Full Version : "Crime City wasn't able to load..."

Peppers
02-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I just got the following message when trying to load CC:

"Crime City wasn't able to load due to invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing."

So I deleted the app and reinstalled... and I still get the same pop-up message.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone know what's going on?

AFed
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Happening to everyone

Zendfrim
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes, this needs to be fixed immediately.

KizbotBro
02-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I had this just now, reinstalled then waited for it to update. Now I can't attack or Rob anyone just says everyone is too weak. Problems problems

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
Hey pepper-- yeah I'm getting the same stupid response. Right when the new box event started. Just SQ for these games. Really close to quitting. Wonder if there are any 12 step groups for getting off glitch-ridden gree games. I mean.. I can't play a single one without having some issue. Just pathetic.

U01ija4
I've not deleted the game though but I am seeing the message. What's happening here?

philadelphia20
02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi,

My question is does it fix the problem (sounds more like server side if we are all seeing it)? 2. If we do delete reinstall do we lose our game progress?

Thanks
Philly

Ty1on
Same here...

Ricky Spanish
I'm getting it also. Thought it had something to do with the weird bricks I was picking up while attacking.

ccuser
I've not deleted the game though but I am seeing the message. What's happening here?

as long as you have restarted the app, the problem will happen. something must be wrong with the new loaded data on greed's part.

PawnXIIX
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
If after you delete the game and reload it, make sure you completely close it again so it downloads the new data. Otherwise you'll be wondering why some of your items and buildings don't show up D:

I deleted the game and re-downloaded it and no problems over here to report.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
Hi,

My question is does it fix the problem (sounds more like server side if we are all seeing it)? 2. If we do delete reinstall do we lose our game progress?

Thanks
Philly

You won't lose your game progress.. But the issue won't be fixed either.

mxz
After reinstalling I bought an Exelero and a Napalm and it started working on the next restart.

ccuser
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks
Philly

1) no, still there, and 2) no, you still have everything once you reinstall

Peppers
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Mine is working now. Weird. I did not delete and reinstall a second time.

NTM
02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
This time i got the same lol on 2 device..... Im not sure to delete...just delete and rinstall? how u got all back after?

dudeman
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM
I never delete/reinstall for that pop up.

All it means it the game is screwed up, and the game doesn't suddenly become screwed up and then fixed because of anything I have the power to do on my end.

All you can do is wait for Gree to fix their fk up... Which could be as simple as some dummy unplugging something they shouldn't have so they can charge their phone.

NTM
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Just test again by a restart and working again....cross fingerrrrrr!

Ak Killah
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
happened to me re-installed app now my stat are cut in half (a few of my event weps are missing). Now I can't do the event.

ccuser
02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
it's working again.

since i can't start new threads, could someone please enlighten me:

1) what are "bricks"?
2) when will i be allowed to start new threads? i thought it was after 10 posts?

thanks!

Acidist
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Me too!
Deleted, reinstalled and restarted my Phone, but nothing

cooch
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I sent a ticket into Gree on the problem...let's see how fast they respond since it seems many folks can't play CC or spend gold!

IN the meantime I ignored msg, popped out of app and back into app. Got msgs like cannot connect to server no internet connections (Dudeman et al are correct, issue on Gree side).

Popped out a third time and back in.. it works! Wouldn't recommend delete and reinstall. Try depositing/wdrawing small sums of $$ to see if it is functioning.

Good luck

bimmer kid
02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
yea i have never un-installed. i just re-start the app and normally its fine.
i dont trust the app to magically keep my stats and what not

and i think people are refferring to the painting crates that are dropping as "bricks"

Wolfy
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Check your stats and inventories. I have lost all of last weekends items, all the boss and pvp stuff. They seem to have really messed up this time!

Acidist
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
My Game is workin now;)

CCwhitey
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I got the same message...fixed now.

Anyone know the story with the bricks? I assume it has something to do with factions?

vitus79
02-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Check your stats and inventories. I have lost all of last weekends items, all the boss and pvp stuff. They seem to have really messed up this time!

if u reinstalled the game you may be on an older data file from app store. close the game until u get the new data push with the new event and your items will be back

Mobster wife
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I just got the following message when trying to load CC:

"Crime City wasn't able to load due to invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing."

So I deleted the app and reinstalled... and I still get the same pop-up message.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone know what's going on?

Can sum 1 pls help me, I now have no crime city now :-(

Ak Killah
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
if u reinstalled the game you may be on an older data file from app store. close the game until u get the new data push with the new event and your items will be back
Yea that's happened to me normally I get the new data almost immediately. But on this case haven't got the notice.

cooch
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
yea i have never un-installed. i just re-start the app and normally its fine.
i dont trust the app to magically keep my stats and what not

and i think people are refferring to the painting crates that are dropping as "bricks"

Naah...did a PVP and s**t a brick! I have no idea of frequency of drops but it's a three brick figure not this flat square thing. Read MZX's post on "Another brick in the wall" or is that Pink Floyd?

Wolfy
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the info vitus, yes it restored itself just as you advised it would!