PDA

View Full Version : Is the New Vault Going To Destroy The Game

Baraka
02-08-2013, 01:20 AM
So if what people are saying the Vault is going to be increased all the way up to 100. This for me will be devastating for the Game.There is now no Insentive for you to build a strong army to make yourself strong enough to go overvault. Now people will just sit with there crappy armies and mass IPH and not have to think about tactics of getting boosts upgrade,units and cash building upgrade balance right. Just my view wats yours.

Here's something you didn't think about Gree, the thoughts that may go through a newbie or a mid level player. " ooo look the new LE sets are out. I best buy some to make myself strong.O wait I don't need to I have a 100 million vault.best save my real money. DON'T NEED GOLD anymore "

iamnasty
02-08-2013, 01:33 AM
How's your latest ongoing dating ???

Baraka
02-08-2013, 01:44 AM
How's your latest ongoing dating ???its complicated but I've decided I need a more open mind and to try more new things.

HGF69
02-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Means everyone can afford the top buildings, both a good and a bad thing, those who worked hard or spent money have been betrayed without consultation, those who can now achieve the buildings are jumping up and down. I can see both sides.

Arizona
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Nah!
It's not a big increase. It might on the plus side encourage ppl to save for bigger upgrades or buildings, whereas they just settled for what they had and continued to play safe and buy units.
Probably doesn't change much of anything.

Dutchie
02-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Now GREE need to bring out higher cash value units and buildings that go beyond $100m if people are going to go overvault. The days of milking cash cows who are overvault might be a thing of the past. Is that a good thing? Still undecided.

Baraka
02-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Nah!
It's not a big increase. It might on the plus side encourage ppl to save for bigger upgrades or buildings, whereas they just settled for what they had and continued to play safe and buy units.
Probably doesn't change much of anything.not a big increase. I say 90 mill is big lol.

jon_funzio
02-08-2013, 04:28 AM
"destroy the game" is probably a little melodramatic - anyone wanting to make "premium" upgrades - i.e. to the AC or ADR will still have to go over-vault.

I'm also hoping that the final vault upgrade costs a huge amount - so that you have to go over-vault in order to purchase it.

Bala82
02-08-2013, 04:29 AM
Well trust me just because vault increase mean you can't attack you can still raid buildings so you can get the money ?:D

Arizona
02-08-2013, 04:30 AM
not a big increase. I say 90 mill is big lol.

I meant where it is now. I agree 90 is big, but if they do that, I'll bugger off and get a life. Think it was upped to 15. That's what I was talkin bout.

dads
02-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Others that said they had brought the vault increase the other day where talking about having a vault of 60 & it still going up from there 90-100mil was being thrown around.

SoccerStud
02-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Your forgetting most players won't have the sense or money to upgrade their vault that high. There will still be cash cows!

Kjctnorris
02-08-2013, 05:10 AM
I think it's a bad idea, and my account sucks. But it forces me to make strategic decisions on how to get better, and forces me to take risks when debating on what to upgrade/buy. With a huge vault, I can be pretty lazy.

Basically, "give everyone a trophy" mentality is in effect. Some sensitive soul will be insulted by this post for a petty reason.

Edit: however, I understand why Gree is doing it from a business standpoint. Those who have already excelled are invested. They need to figure out how to get the others invested as well.

dads
02-08-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't see the logic in the above post,how does the new vault increase spending? (Not being antigonistic I might be missing something your seeing)
To me I can only see a lager vault a reson not to spend,there no need to have good stats anymore,the over vaulters with low stats allways took risks uncallculated ones & ussaly got bitten for playing that way,now they can play like so & not get bitten so badly,bar unit losses.

(Obviously not all over vaulters have low stats.)

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-08-2013, 05:50 AM
I partially disagree to the comment of players will now be able to get the new buildings, the one remaining new building will be gone by the time most could upgrade their current max vault to even $20 mil. They will be able to get Nano's for sure, and be able to upgrade those and the oil rigs a good deal, but those four buildings will only get you so far.

The players that have the new buildings will benefit the most from the upgraded vault, myself included. I rely on my own base to make money, the players who have adopted the strategy of attacking/raiding for all their money will be at a disadvantage.

Hopefully this is only the start and that new permanent $ buildings, higher $ cash units, etc are on the horizon to take the game to the next tier for all players low/mid/high and for free/spenders alike.

We will just have to wait and see how the new landscape takes shape. It could be good or bad, just don't know yet.

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Should have added this to keep on topic :) Here's my .02 cents:

Yes this could ruin the game if more content as I stated prior is not added.

No this will not ruin the game if more content is added

"T"
02-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Should have added this to keep on topic :) Here's my .02 cents:

Yes this could ruin the game if more content as I stated prior is not added.

No this will not ruin the game if more content is added

Hey Ph4ntom,

More content would be nice, especially some decent cash units.

A higher vault means that it will be easier for more people to save for bigger upgrades. That means more higher level buildings to raid. I like that.

mxz
02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Some players already have crappy armies and mass IPH.

It boggles my mind that spenders either don't realize or willfully neglect that IPH is the only stat free players can compete in.

Agent Orange
02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Works for me, you save up cash to buy these new money buildings which are then tasty targets for raiding. Plus those not buying gold will take a long time to upgrade and since non gold buyers are inherently weaker then all gold players they are again good targets....

Folks wanting to upgrade these new buildings are going to over vault if the cap is 100 million so this is just Gree moving up one bar but in the greater scheme of things I think we will find more players will stay in the game longer instead of giving up because they are just an ATM for others.

So what exactly is the problem?

Elvis Himself
02-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I think its all part of the new MW economy (old economy x10). With $100m buildings coming out every month and high dollar units sure to follow is just rebalancing.

Bart
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Nope, we get more tasty buildings to raid. And get to buy more cash units. The increase actually makes the game more interesting and fun to play, imagine everyone is poor, how fun is that! The stake is higher so it is more fun.

Thief
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
I will start by saying today i don't approve of the Vault Increase. 100 Million is WAY too much especially if you are under lvl 150. If Gree doesn't add more content to force people to go over vault then this game really does turn into modern Camping (excluding events)

What i expect to see is even more Income Buildings released and hopefully each WD event they start costing 10+ Million more. So for the next Battle for "X" they release a building for 120-130 Million. Then 140+ Million etc etc.

Obviously then what NEEDS to change are more Cash Units. Give us all sorts of new units to buy with our money.

If both of those don't happen....then yes

vorm
02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I think it's a bad idea, and my account sucks. But it forces me to make strategic decisions on how to get better, and forces me to take risks when debating on what to upgrade/buy. With a huge vault, I can be pretty lazy.

Basically, "give everyone a trophy" mentality is in effect. Some sensitive soul will be insulted by this post for a petty reason.

This is exactly right. Having AC's and AMR's and expensive upgrades in your base were a trophy of having a good enough army that you could go massively over vault and defend you cash. Lots of us worked really hard to be strong enough to be able to do this, and that was our reward for doing so. Now it's the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality that degrades the rewards good players used to get. People with there crappy army and crappy stats will get lots of the same things that those who worked hard get.

dads
02-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Below nano lvl (60) rading atm is not economical the same player it attack thats over vaulted & lose no units if I was to raid ussaly leads to a unit loss above the amount gained from the raid,guess if they keep releasing new buildings & the larger vault allows the playets to get these buildings it may change that aspect of the game,however at the moment it's a waiting game to see how this does play out.

I wil give one example of why this Mabye a bad idea thou,a unnamed player I know was saving for one of the new buildings after loseing quite a few mil the player decided to work on his stats so he wouldn't get raided it forced that player to plan & be more stragic which has to be a good thing,now the same player doesn't need to do that he just needs to upgrade his vault. Sure he will have to plan a bit until the vaults upgraded, however players to come dont need to plan so hard all they have to do is plou money into upgradeing the vault.

There's + & - to the new vault guess its a case of seeing how it plays out before saying its the demise or Mabye even making of the game,there's obviously changes being made how thease all chain togher will show if the new direction works or not.

manbeast
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I voted yes it is ruining the game.

GREE seems to have really dropped the ball. Before raising the vault by 1,000%, they should have came to the forum and posted a vote about where we want the new vault limit to be.

The new vault increases should only be available to high level players in the whale zone. I'd say 50 million vault until lvl 200, and then at lvl 200 you unlock the 100 million vault. FINALLY some kind of reward for leveling up!! Finally some kind of prize for reaching the highest level in the game!! But nope, gree completely missed this opportunity and made the 100 million vault available to a puny lvl 10 player who is just going to sit there on his money BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE TO LEVEL UP. EVER.

Thief
02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
LOL manbeast this was my Reaction when i first heard about it...

Wow Really 100 Million?

I Really wish this Was Tiered.
Lvl 50-20 Million
Lvl 75-30 Million
Lvl 100-50 Million
Lvl 150- 75 Million
Lvl 200-100 Million.

It's exciting trying to go over vault. It forces you to use Strategies like que up PVE to collect. Big collection timings etc etc. As you get into the higher levels i understand it gets that much more difficult...but i can never Find good cash targets as it is....This will just mean there is no reason to go over vault until they release a building that cost 250 Million.

Mine was more steady growth but i have to agree with you. No Reason to increase the Vault really for anyone under lvl 150 but i figured by structuring it this way you could at least give people incentive to lvl along the way. Anyways it's not too late to change this Gree. Most are sitting on their first upgrade for the next couple of days up to 15 million. Then you can prevent this from getting out of control.

aether100
02-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Gree does nothing that isn't focused on gold or other $ purchases . This new increase hints at new even higher cost buildings either individual or some faction based building and/or new high level features that will enhance the game and add more strategy. mark my words.

King little fruit fly
02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Awesome, bigger vault, I wish this long ago. Now give us more powerful cash units especially the Infantry to balance the game. :cool:

Mad
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
inflation bro. more big sh!t to come. let's hope some of them are cash units!!!!!!!

Yeah, I am expecting some pricey Cash Units to show up -- and even some Def Buildings. But they won't be cheap....

manbeast
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
thief- agreed. my example was more to prove a point, but yours is more realistic. both are better than what gree has implemented haha

supadjp
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
It won't ruin the game. Players will ALWAYS reach for upgrades higher than their vaults. New huge buildings = new huge vault. Nothing has changed in the mechanics of the game, other than we get to raid massive buildings to raid even more money. If you want the big buildings introduced then there should be no complaint with bigger vaults. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I got my ACs and AMRs by killing a bunch of bosses at once, selling a few buildings, growing a palm tree farm, and in the case of the last AMR, just saving up and raiding for 4 days without getting attacked a single time at lev 185 with 55k def....even during the PvP event lol. My low vault/non-gold player was not a factor in buying any of my four new big buildings for over $400 million. The new buildings also help greatly with buying expensive faction bonuses which will continue to be introduced which I'm sure nobody will complain about. Also, stud players will be able to exponentially increase iph faster than smaller stat players, and in turn increase faction bonuses faster, and in turn receive great WD unit rewards, creating even more power separation between stud players and lesser-advanced players. If you don't like the vault, give GREE the WD bonuses, faction bonuses, and high IPH buildings back by all means! :) Everyone always finds something to complain about, oh brother.

DaHoosier
02-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Those of us that play CC know what this brings. PvP in is pretty much non existent, just a big camp fest everyone just vaults their cash, sometimes takes me 2 hours of opening profiles to find 1 target even worth attacking.

One of the reasons I came to this game because it had the vault limitations which seemed to promote more PvP and the use use of planning, strategy, skill, risk taking.

When it comes to Gree making changes the 1st thought is follow the money, but I have a hard time thinking how this could promote gold spend in any way. All this does is promote weak thoughtless players to even be more weak.

So disappointed I'm relatively new to this game but I just hate to see it go more the direction of CC where skill and patience mean very little.

Milspec1
02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
As someone who is built to drain money yeah it hurts everything I've done, spent time & money on so far

mxz
02-08-2013, 11:08 AM
So disappointed I'm relatively new to this game but I just hate to see it go more the direction of CC where skill and patience mean very little.Erm...pretty sure this helps campers, too.

Not that many of our campers get hit much...

The reason CC is getting low on PvP is because there is no endgame. No point. Once you're level 200 and have a golden (or RP) army there's no use for cash.

supadjp
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
With my faction iph bonus, my ACs and AMRs mean a $10,375,000 per day increase....plus faster saving time for upgrading other buildings. How many players attack over-vault players for $10 million per day? Not many I'm sure as they are very hard to find....and the increased raiding opportunity makes up for any difference anyways. I'll take the net daily cash gain and donate donate donate for ever-greater faction bonuses any day! The strong only get stronger with the new vault size due to the faction bonuses and WD rewards. I'd be surprised if new cash units aren't on the horizon too. Bottom line, strong players daily cash and stats have increased faster than weak players since introducing the new faction, IPH, and vault components of the game, and will only separate even further as time goes on. Factions/WD/bigger vault has made campers all but obsolete, not that camping was a bad strategy in the first place. Don't be surprised if ally count increases next. I'm sure level 200 strong players will have no problem with that. It is the natural evolution of the game.

DaHoosier
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Erm...pretty sure this helps campers, too.

Not that many of our campers get hit much...

The reason CC is getting low on PvP is because there is no endgame. No point. Once you're level 200 and have a golden (or RP) army there's no use for cash.

Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player. This last CC event with the 500 PvP win reward, was so boring was almost like work. No reason to even check profiles just mindlessly attack until your stamina runs out. I think out of 500 wins I maybe got 100k cash in total and since raiding buildings don't count in the totals it makes it even more mindless.

Creating long term high IPH in this game is slow going, so for newer players raiding has to be part of your strategy unless you want to camp for months and with factions your going to miss out on the fun stuff. My main point it just seems like the vault changes promotes camp like behaviour more than promoting action.

Domino_brown
02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I think this will make raiding much better in the long run. With a bigger vault people will be able to do more expensive upgrades.
With attacking there is a $300,000 limit (for now) per hit , I feel that it will soon be easy to raid for double that per hit.

supadjp
02-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player. This last CC event with the 500 PvP win reward, was so boring was almost like work. No reason to even check profiles just mindlessly attack until your stamina runs out. I think out of 500 wins I maybe got 100k cash in total and since raiding buildings don't count in the totals it makes it even more mindless.

Creating long term high IPH in this game is slow going, so for newer players raiding has to be part of your strategy unless you want to camp for months and with factions your going to miss out on the fun stuff. My main point it just seems like the vault changes promotes camp like behaviour more than promoting action.

Raiding actually does count in PvP events.

I don't understand how a bigger vault promotes camping. Campers don't get attacked anyways since they're stronger than the players in their levels. Campers miss out on PvP rewards, WD rewards, and great farming units. If they want to become weaker and weaker relative to the majority of players, good for the majority of players. What's with the anti-camping movement anyways? It's an excellent strategy for very patient-minded players up until faction reward units and bonuses were introduced, and a good game play style for less active players. Bigger vaults are all but meaningless to campers. I camp with my secondary account and am over vault all the time and never get attacked so bigger vault changes nothing. Camping may be mindless but buying strength is even more mindless in my opinion.

mxz
02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Raiding actually does count in PvP events.Not in CC events (sorry if that was unclear - that's what we were talking about. Wrong forum, understood).
Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player. Ok...so why do you care if other people don't want to be PVP minded and want to set up their tents for a while? Seems silly to B&M about the way others play their game. Sounds like they have a better strategy and more skill since they're able to piss you off without even attacking you.
Creating long term high IPH in this game is slow going, so for newer players raiding has to be part of your strategy unless you want to camp for months and with factions your going to miss out on the fun stuff. My main point it just seems like the vault changes promotes camp like behaviour more than promoting action.Again, you're losing the game by caring how other people play. My camper account is just as fun as my main account because it's a different challenge. Remember that IPH is the only stat that free players can compete in - they're not going to be able to effectively raise their IPH if they're in the shark tank. So it sounds like they probably do have more skill and strategy than you, after all.

bbprofitz
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
So if what people are saying the Vault is going to be increased all the way up to 100. There is now no Insentive for you to build a strong army to make yourself strong enough to go overvault. Now people will just sit with there crappy armies and mass IPH and not have to think about tactics of getting boosts upgrade,units and cash building upgrade balance right. Just my view wats yours.

i agree 1000000%

DaHoosier
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Not in CC events (sorry if that was unclear - that's what we were talking about. Wrong forum, understood).Ok...so why do you care if other people don't want to be PVP minded and want to set up their tents for a while? Seems silly to B&M about the way others play their game. Sounds like they have a better strategy and more skill since they're able to piss you off without even attacking you. Again, you're losing the game by caring how other people play. My camper account is just as fun as my main account because it's a different challenge. Remember that IPH is the only stat that free players can compete in - they're not going to be able to effectively raise their IPH if they're in the shark tank. So it sounds like they probably do have more skill and strategy than you, after all.

I'm sorry if I came across as being negative on campers, I have my camper accounts also. Although I think there are several degrees of camping styles mine might be more like turtleing.

I guess where I'm torn is I seem to think there has to be some ideal middle ground of using a combination of strong
economy building, PvP , event loot. I think Factions added some new possibilities along these lines. I got the impression that MW could lend to more to finding that ideal. Just seems there is more texture to MW than CC or KA. I wish i had started MW sooner, the other 2 seem boring in comparison.

I think when you say that IPH is the only stat that non gold players can compete in is a bit strong. I think there is a way for a thinking and patient player to be very competitive without gold. Now this may be different at shark tank levels. I'm only a Tapjoy gold spender and I've never felt uncompetitive in any of the Gree games I look through tons of profiles and rarely see any competitive to mine, especially in the amount of time I have been playing.

Fortunately I found these forums early and did a lot of reading before gaining a bunch of levels. I don't have a problem with leveling but every XP point I gain has a purpose.

I so enjoy these discussions because it helps to lead me closer to finding that ideal middle ground of play style I want to believe exists. I have found a home in MW and look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.

IlliniFan1
02-08-2013, 02:45 PM
A large vault doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be ruined, it just means a lot of raiding will be taking place. True, 100 mil is a lot and anyone can now get one of the limited edition money buildings without any difficulty. Maybe max 75 mil, so there is at least a challenge to getting one. They also can just sit there and not do anything, get beaten by people with strong armies, but they will lose no money. I agree with the fact 100 mil is to much, but I think everyone is happy that it is going over 10 mil, which is so little. I don't think this game will not be worth playing because of a possible 100 mil vault, but it just means more raiding in PvP.

El Cid
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
100 mil vault won't kill the game but will take a way a big part of the fun we get from playing. For a lot of us who were taking pleasure of emptying those nice big cash cows, we'll need to find another way to find our fun.

There should have been a middle point. A 25 mil vault would have been good.

Tctiger
02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Great my hard work for the last year has been nerfed overnight , now even a 5 year old wil have the ability to overtake me :(

King little fruit fly
02-08-2013, 04:49 PM
68 to 33 as right now! Overwhelmingly 2 to 1 in favor of bigger vault. Thread fails and case closes. ;)

Baraka
02-08-2013, 04:52 PM
How's the thread a fail. It's a poll to get people's opinions. Idiot.

King little fruit fly
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
it is an idiotic act to shout idiot especially if you are the OP of a thread with agenda of your own.

Massive Berry
02-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm also hoping that the final vault upgrade costs a huge amount - so that you have to go over-vault in order to purchase it.

I agree with this.

Fuzzyky
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I think it's freakin' Great. I hope it makes everybody fat and lazy. They'll be less diligent about collecting their bases.... And I'll collect 'me for them.. :). Raise it to $200M.

Enott
02-09-2013, 04:03 AM
This is exactly right. Having AC's and AMR's and expensive upgrades in your base were a trophy of having a good enough army that you could go massively over vault and defend you cash. Lots of us worked really hard to be strong enough to be able to do this, and that was our reward for doing so. Now it's the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality that degrades the rewards good players used to get. People with there crappy army and crappy stats will get lots of the same things that those who worked hard get.

Almost sounds like Obama and the Democratic Party runs gree, or is invested in it, I would think if you increase vault to 100m, have 2 each if the new building they keep you in, whatever vaulted they should Tax you at 40% at lest to give to those that feel they should be s trying as those that spend..

Even better - if Gree could convince apple to allow payment for items and gold with n EBT crd.. That would rock..

And if you really are lazy, like your faction has at lest 5 people in it, And your faction comes in last, you should promptly be shipped an Obama phone, be given gold monthly, heck, maybe even. Powerful unit or something too..

Shrug.

Enott - Ferrs Emperors

General Soviet
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think this is a terrible thing. There always will be people going over the vault. It may be a bit tough to find them, but they will be out there.

hoho
02-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I am guessing the initial vault size is to safekeep your cash to buy units, not to buy building.

It's all a dream
02-10-2013, 12:34 AM
The bigger vault is good. Many large upgrades are far more than 100m, so people still need to be overvault. Als more new limited buildings are to be expected, which price will increase at least 10m everytime. With that new cash units could beome a possibility. And dont forget it gives a change to weaker players who made some poor decisions playing the game to become stronger. The war will become more interesting.

Perhaps we even get a time limited building which allows you upgrade multiple buildings, fuse units or sell units. Would be an interesting asset.