PDA

View Full Version : Allies, the Rivals List, and Faction Members

CJ54
02-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey all, we've had some questions/concerns about allies showing up on the rivals list. This is due to an intentional change to remove faction members from the rivals list; allies that are not in your faction can potentially show up on your rivals list.

The other reason was game balance; due to the number of allies you can have and the distribution of players in certain level brackets, it has gotten to the point where many people don't have enough people to attack. This has been a serious ongoing concern for awhile now.

We understand this stretches the definition of "ally" a bit out of shape, but we do want to let you know what is going on.

kikl
02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
hmmmmm wow so u can actually farm from an ally

Ericinico
02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
hmmmmm wow so u can actually farm from an allyIt's a personal decision. Do you feel right doing it?

Cmputrgbln
02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Guess that depends if it is an ally you know... If it is just some random guy, I probably won't even know he's an ally... :cool:

nic4msu
02-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Hey all, we've had some questions/concerns about allies showing up on the rivals list. This is due to an intentional change to remove faction members from the rivals list; allies that are not in your faction can potentially show up on your rivals list.

The other reason was game balance; due to the number of allies you can have and the distribution of players in certain level brackets, it has gotten to the point where many people don't have enough people to attack. This has been a serious ongoing concern for awhile now.

We understand this stretches the definition of "ally" a bit out of shape, but we do want to let you know what is going on.
So apart from the ability to leave comments on our allies' walls, does making a specific person our ally even mean anything anymore?

mxz
02-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Why not just let people turn "allies" into henchmen? Seems kind of pointless to have some meaningless number of allies. A quick google search of modernwarcodes (dot com, hint) allows you to outfit 500 strangers as "allies" but it does nothing.

So...onto the point of allies. What is it? Now that they are in no way special, one can only assume it's mainly to stroke egos?? You can't sort them to find the people you actually want to talk to. You can't ditch the dead weight else your stats drop or you become a rat. So, you have to keep a certain amount to have your stats where you want them (high to max ATK, low to maximize indestructible army).

Why not just ditch the whole idea and let people choose how many allies they have on a slider. Or, why not just make it random like your ATK/DEF stats? Oh this attack I only get 350 allies....next attack 623. Just saying...this was a poorly thought out change.

vorm
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
How about change the name "allies" to "friends list" or something, and come up with some other way that effects units to battle. Then we can all dump the randoms on our list and just have the people who we might want to talk to. I hate having to scroll through tons of randoms trying to find someone. Then if you truly want to be an "ally" with someone get into the same faction.

vorm
02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
hmm... thinking about this some more...

How about split up what used to be "Allies" into separate parts.

1) "Friends List" - where you can have people who you might want to visit their base, post comments to, etc.

2) "Army Size" - where you can set how big your battle army is. The max would be level dependent just like it is now, however you can change it if you want. Make it a separate screen in the menu with buttons to increase or decrease it. Each increase or decrease goes a set amount, say what would be 5 allies now (or 20 units) and it cost in game cash and takes time to complete just like upgrades do. Maybe set the time the same for each increase or decrease, but the cash it cost is dependent on how many "allies" you are increasing (or decreasing) from, low amounts of cash at the lower levels and higher amounts at the higher levels.

So for example, going from 10 "allies" to 15 "allies" cost 100,000 and takes 6 hours. Same cost/time to decrease from 15 to 10. But to go from 495 to 500 it cost 3 million, but still only takes 6 hours, same for decrease from 500 to 495.

I think something like this would fix all the issues with the current ally system. We would only have a list of people we want to have list of, and no more typing in tons of codes to add allies or constantly clicking the drop button to decrease them, I don't think anyone likes doing this. It also fixes the problem of people having a bazillion allies where none can attack. I know you guys would lose out on the VIP system, but that could be made up for with a "Finish Now" for gold when it comes to increasing/decreasing allies.

nic4msu
02-07-2013, 10:30 PM
vorm, I like your suggestions. If we can't have any protections afforded by our allies, this approach makes a lot of sense.

vorm
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
vorm, I like your suggestions. If we can't have any protections afforded by our allies, this approach makes a lot of sense.

Thanks.

And maybe eventually make it where anyone in your faction or on your friends list doesn't show up on your rivals list, but of course this would mean only allowing a certain amount of friends (a few hundred max?) and also getting everyone that is way over that amount under it. Could be done by either wiping out everyone's ally list on the change over and we all start over, or giving people a set amount of time (like 30 days) to drop down to under the max else the rest will be automatically deleted. After that it's all good to go.

vorm
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM

Thanks.

And maybe eventually make it where anyone in your faction or on your friends list doesn't show up on your rivals list, but of course this would mean only allowing a certain amount of friends (a few hundred max?) and also getting everyone that is way over that amount under it. Could be done by either wiping out everyone's ally list on the change over and we all start over, or giving people a set amount of time (like 30 days) to drop down to under the max else the rest will be automatically deleted. After that it's all good to go.

nic4msu
02-08-2013, 07:22 PM

CJ - My ally list is experiencing some odd occurrences. I wanted to let you know in case this is related to the changes you are implementing. One of my allies now appears in triplicate (this isn't one of the NAKEDCHERRYPIE situations ... it appears to be the same player) and my LLP is suddenly missing from my ally list. The ally connection was severed between my accounts, although I did not delete it. I was able to re-submit an ally request, but I never deleted my LLP from my ally list in the first place.

Edit: ABOVE ISSUE RESOLVED

I really hope you reconsider the decision to allow allies to attack & raid each other. This is not a positive change for the game.

MerlinBlack
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
One more vote in the "this was not a good idea in and of itself - please revise" section.

Dcarrington
02-13-2013, 10:25 PM
add 691068437 a good active daily player

Sillybeans
02-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Just make it level based, if everyone is the same level they will be able to use the same number of units. Simply change allys to friends.

Dcarrington
02-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Casualty rate +15%, health regen +22%, ground att +10%, air att +10%, infantry att +15%, sea att +10%, infrantry def +25%, ground def +25%, air def +25%, sea def +25%, building def +25%, building output +20%, guild member increase +35, and we have 65 lvl 10 fortifications with money and blocks in the bank to rebuild with, our def leader is at 150k. This is a very active good that's fun to be around! Faction code 235536108

whiskeybravo
03-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Hey all, we've had some questions/concerns about allies showing up on the rivals list. This is due to an intentional change to remove faction members from the rivals list; allies that are not in your faction can potentially show up on your rivals list.The other reason was game balance; due to the number of allies you can have and the distribution of players in certain level brackets, it has gotten to the point where many people don't have enough people to attack. This has been a serious ongoing concern for awhile now.We understand this stretches the definition of "ally" a bit out of shape, but we do want to let you know what is going on.I am fine with this, but I have an ally that can attack me, but I can't attack him. I should be able to attack anybody that can attack me.

Dutchie
03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
There are still some inconsistencies that need to be looked at CJ if and when time permits!