PDA

View Full Version : [Android] Simple way to fix most of the glitchyness!

Товарищ
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
The various instabilities with the Android version of MW become more and more frequent as the app grows in total size as you play the game!
First line of defence is to force-close.
But after some time, just force closing won't help as much... it needs re-installation:

Go settings/app-manager/MW and check the size of it!
(give some 10 secs to update the numbers!)
Above 200MB is a cause for concern.
Around 300MB is serious.

Fresh, the app takes up 70MB, with your big base loaded, all the menu graphics loaded and the latest data package downloaded, about double.
Then as you visit other bases, and I'm guessing also as new data packages get downloaded, the size slowly grows!

I have a few theories of how GREE could have newbed the f up with the programming:
- Old data package doesn't get deleted after the new one gets downloaded.
- The sprites (images) for the different levels of buildings are unique because of the level-number, one for each building and each building level AND each building orientation. (this would make it 10x4=40 images for each building! which should only be 4 since the level-number should be another sprite overlaying the bulding!)
- Data about opponents get permanently stored and thus accumulates (e.g. the base layouts).

P.S. Re-installing will NOT affect your progress in any way, since your "profile" is stored on GREE's servers. It reads your phone# and phone ID# and recognizes you. Only hitch is the latest data-package needs to be downloaded, but just start it and wait until the restart yes/no prompt comes up. To check if it's downloading you can click: menu/more/about and it should say "updating..."

Edit:
If you're out of options, (like Chuck was, who I wrote this to,) here's some brainstorming on possible last ditch attempt solutions. Ordered in order of "intrusiveness" (#6 might be especially potent!)...

0. First of all:
DON'T F*CKING GIVE GREE ANY MORE MONEY!
(i.e. don't reward them for not fixing Android...)

1. "Screen reset":
When your base is "loaded", try pressing the "sleep"/screen-off button, and then again to start the screen anew. This will make the game sort of re-render everything. (don't think it will fix anything, just curious what happens)

2. MW settings:
Try disabling all sound in the game, and also see if disabling the numbers on the buildings changes anything as well as notifications.

3. Internet connection:
Many things are related to MW contacting the GREE servers.
Make sure the phone has a open and stable internet connection, no filtering/firewalls/blocking etc.
Try both mobile data (wifi off) and several wifi connections (mobile data off).

4. Phone settings:
Go through* all your settings and see if any setting could possibly have any effect.
(*go through - don't experiment randomly)
Is some kind of power saving feature enabled? - Disable.

5. Other apps:
Do you install a bunch of crap/malware apps that clog up the phone (or worse)?
Or do you only install trusted apps, that you need, after checking that their permissions aren't (too) privacy intruding?

Go to App Manager in settings and check both the running apps list and the cached apps list and stop any unnecessary apps* that are not system-related, then try launching MW.
(*e.g. video player, maps, mail, VoIP, chat, phone manufacturer crap-apps, etc.)

6. SD-card:
There might be problems caused by the (very) (slow) SD-card since MW stores data on there...
Uninstall MW, turn phone off, remove the SD-card, turn phone on, install MW.

7. Last resort:
As a last resort I'd consider rooting your Android phone.
It has many benefits but is some work to do, and if you're not a technical person even more work...

Recas
02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Did this twice already and still the same problems...

Товарищ
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Did this twice already and still the same problems...
Doesn't sound like you're very interested in resolving your problems...

How about saying what problems you have?
What you've tried?
What device?

Chuck Nuts
02-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I have a Droid Razr Maxx with Android version 4.0.4 and Verizon system number 6.16.211.XT912.

I am only able to visit one other player's base before the game will either lock up while "travelling to rivals base" or I will get the "Modern War has stopped responding" message. Even when I am able to successfully get to any rival or ally's base then I can usually only see some of their defensive buildings because 90% of their buildings will be invisible.

Since I can't effectively get to anyone's base, then I have to do all of my attacking directly from the Rivals list, so I do all of my attacking without seeing my rival's stats. None the less, after I have just restarted MW then I can hit the attack button from my rivals list and then I will see a results splash screen where I can see little icons for all of the units from myself and my rival. I will only be able to see the little icons for the first attack after a fresh restart of the game and if I try to slide the list of unit icons up so that I can see the units then it is a guaranteed hard lock-up that I can only recover by hitting my home button and then doing a Force Stop. If I hit the button that says "Attack Again" then the diagonal doors will come closed but about 75% of the time then they never come back open and I have to force start.

If I hit the X button to close the splash screen from the first attack, then I can hit the attack button from my rivals list and I will get a result splash screen again, but the second time most of the unit icons will be blank. There will still be a few visible units the second time, but most will be just blank squares. If I hit the X button to get out of the splash screen then I can attack from my rivals list a few more times but after the 3rd attack then all of the unit icons will be blank.

In the past, I could attack from my rivals list on average about 12 times before it would lock up and I would have to do a Force Stop. Since I have purchased the new Arctic Drilling Rig it has become much worse and I average 4 to 5 attacks from my rival screen between lock ups.

If I visit one PvE map then it will usually look normal and everything will be OK, but if I try to go to a second PvE map then any water or blank ground will be bright RED and all of the characters and buildings will be invisible... I can only see their little arrows moving around to indicate which missions I haven't done yet.

Whenever I hit the X button to delete a message off of my profile wall then MW will lock up every time. After I do a Force Stop then restart the game I can see that it did delete the message that I wanted to delete, but regardless of how many or few messages are on my board then it will lock up every time that I try to delete one.

Every morning whenever my free scratcher appears on the screen, when I hit the Scratch All button it will show me 2 to 4 of the icons underneath and then it will lock up. After I Force Stop and then restart the game then there is no more scratcher and I do not think that I receive any prize from the one that locked up. I cannot say this for sure because there are so many possible prizes and it locks up without showing me all the icons so I can't even tell what I should have won each time, but I always watch my cash and despite the fact that this has been happening for over 20 days now I have never seen my cash increase after a scratcher lock-up... certainly I should have received at least one prize of cash within 20 days if the scratchers were working properly.

I can keep going, I have a very long list of software screw ups.

I have reinstalled the game on my phone several times, but each time it only seems to work better for a little while, but it quickly goes back to malfunctioning again.

The game is virtually unplayable on my phone. The only thing that has allowed me to function is that I have written a little hotkey shortcut to do a force stop and then restart MW. I kept a tally one day and I force stopped the game over 83 times one day. If I hadn't spent money on this game then I would have abandoned it a long time ago.

I am very interested in fixing the problems with this software. My Android phone is rock-solid with all other apps and games. In fact, I even play Crime City on this same phone with virtually no problems. It does hang up sometimes while traveling to rival hoods, but it is stable enough to be playable.

Modern War is broken on Android. This will be a very big problem if it stays this bad during the battle for Greenland. During the battle for Brazil I could attack 4 times, then recharge, then 4 more attacks and it would either lock up on the 4th attack or it would lock up when I tried to recharge my health for a second time. However, since I bought the Arctic Drilling Rig buildings it has become much more unstable during normal game play so I won't be surprised if I can only get a few attacks in before lock-ups during the battle for Greenland.

I have sent many tickets to Gree. If I get any response at all then it is just a generic message saying that they know about my problem and they are working to resolve it as soon as possible. The first of these responses was over 10 months and if anything the problem has only gotten worse in that time.

I am open to any ideas. I have cleared all the cache and reset my phone back to factory original... no luck. I have reinstalled the game and it seems to work better for about 10-15 minutes, then it will lock up. I have never encountered any other software that is even close to this bad in my entire time of working with computers and cell phones.

I am very detail oriented and I am extremely interested to try any ideas that anyone can recommend to help resolve my problems with MW on Android. Other Android players are all having similar problems, so I cannot imagine that Gree does any sort of beta testing for Android or they would have never released such amazingly messed up software. It seemed to work fine in the very early levels before myself or my rivals had a lot of buildings, but now that I have a lot of buildings the game is virtually unplayable.

I am very interested in trying any ideas to even slightly reduce the problems with MW for Android. Please let me know any ideas that you have and I will report back what I find.

Thank you!

Товарищ
02-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Chuck, I've read both of your long posts and I have to admit it sounds nothing less than nightmarish!
I have the same problems you describe but a factor of 10 to 100 less frequent.

This is by no means normal!
There must be something with your particular setup that doesn't agree with MW (which is made even stranger by everything else seems to be working fine including an almost identical GREE game).
Your hardware is at least not lacking; 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9, 1GB RAM.

Some brainstorming...

0. First of all:
DON'T F*CKING GIVE GREE ANY MORE MONEY!

1. "Screen reset":
When your base is "loaded", try pressing the "sleep"/screen-off button, and then again to start the screen anew. This will make the game sort of re-render everything. (don't think it will fix anything, just curious what happens)

2. MW settings:
Try disabling all sound in the game, and also see if disabling the numbers on the buildings changes anything as well as notifications.

3. Internet connection:
Many things are related to MW contacting the GREE servers.
Make sure the phone has a open and stable internet connection, no filtering/firewalls/blocking etc.
Try both mobile data (wifi off) and several wifi connections (mobile data off).

4. Phone settings:
Go through* all your settings and see if any setting could possibly have any effect.
(*go through - don't experiment randomly)
Is some kind of power saving feature enabled? - Disable.

5. Other apps:
Do you install a bunch of crap/malware apps that clog up the phone (or worse)?
Or do you only install trusted apps, that you need, after checking that their permissions aren't (too) privacy intruding?

Go to App Manager in settings and check both the running apps list and the cached apps list and stop any unnecessary apps* that are not system-related, then try launching MW.
(*e.g. video player, maps, mail, VoIP, chat, motorola crap, etc.)

6. SD-card:
There might be problems caused by the SD-card since MW stores data on there...
Uninstall MW, turn phone off, remove the SD-card, turn phone on, install MW.

7. Last resort:
As a last resort I'd consider rooting your Android phone.
It has many benefits but is some work to do, and if you're not a technical person even more work...

I have a Droid Razr Maxx with Android version 4.0.4 and Verizon system number 6.16.211.XT912.

I am only able to visit one other player's base before the game will either lock up while "travelling to rivals base" or I will get the "Modern War has stopped responding" message. Even when I am able to successfully get to any rival or ally's base then I can usually only see some of their defensive buildings because 90% of their buildings will be invisible.

Since I can't effectively get to anyone's base, then I have to do all of my attacking directly from the Rivals list, so I do all of my attacking without seeing my rival's stats. None the less, after I have just restarted MW then I can hit the attack button from my rivals list and then I will see a results splash screen where I can see little icons for all of the units from myself and my rival. I will only be able to see the little icons for the first attack after a fresh restart of the game and if I try to slide the list of unit icons up so that I can see the units then it is a guaranteed hard lock-up that I can only recover by hitting my home button and then doing a Force Stop. If I hit the button that says "Attack Again" then the diagonal doors will come closed but about 75% of the time then they never come back open and I have to force start.

If I hit the X button to close the splash screen from the first attack, then I can hit the attack button from my rivals list and I will get a result splash screen again, but the second time most of the unit icons will be blank. There will still be a few visible units the second time, but most will be just blank squares. If I hit the X button to get out of the splash screen then I can attack from my rivals list a few more times but after the 3rd attack then all of the unit icons will be blank.

In the past, I could attack from my rivals list on average about 12 times before it would lock up and I would have to do a Force Stop. Since I have purchased the new Arctic Drilling Rig it has become much worse and I average 4 to 5 attacks from my rival screen between lock ups.

If I visit one PvE map then it will usually look normal and everything will be OK, but if I try to go to a second PvE map then any water or blank ground will be bright RED and all of the characters and buildings will be invisible... I can only see their little arrows moving around to indicate which missions I haven't done yet.

Whenever I hit the X button to delete a message off of my profile wall then MW will lock up every time. After I do a Force Stop then restart the game I can see that it did delete the message that I wanted to delete, but regardless of how many or few messages are on my board then it will lock up every time that I try to delete one.

Every morning whenever my free scratcher appears on the screen, when I hit the Scratch All button it will show me 2 to 4 of the icons underneath and then it will lock up. After I Force Stop and then restart the game then there is no more scratcher and I do not think that I receive any prize from the one that locked up. I cannot say this for sure because there are so many possible prizes and it locks up without showing me all the icons so I can't even tell what I should have won each time, but I always watch my cash and despite the fact that this has been happening for over 20 days now I have never seen my cash increase after a scratcher lock-up... certainly I should have received at least one prize of cash within 20 days if the scratchers were working properly.

I can keep going, I have a very long list of software screw ups.

I have reinstalled the game on my phone several times, but each time it only seems to work better for a little while, but it quickly goes back to malfunctioning again.

The game is virtually unplayable on my phone. The only thing that has allowed me to function is that I have written a little hotkey shortcut to do a force stop and then restart MW. I kept a tally one day and I force stopped the game over 83 times one day. If I hadn't spent money on this game then I would have abandoned it a long time ago.

I am very interested in fixing the problems with this software. My Android phone is rock-solid with all other apps and games. In fact, I even play Crime City on this same phone with virtually no problems. It does hang up sometimes while traveling to rival hoods, but it is stable enough to be playable.

Modern War is broken on Android. This will be a very big problem if it stays this bad during the battle for Greenland. During the battle for Brazil I could attack 4 times, then recharge, then 4 more attacks and it would either lock up on the 4th attack or it would lock up when I tried to recharge my health for a second time. However, since I bought the Arctic Drilling Rig buildings it has become much more unstable during normal game play so I won't be surprised if I can only get a few attacks in before lock-ups during the battle for Greenland.

I have sent many tickets to Gree. If I get any response at all then it is just a generic message saying that they know about my problem and they are working to resolve it as soon as possible. The first of these responses was over 10 months and if anything the problem has only gotten worse in that time.

I am open to any ideas. I have cleared all the cache and reset my phone back to factory original... no luck. I have reinstalled the game and it seems to work better for about 10-15 minutes, then it will lock up. I have never encountered any other software that is even close to this bad in my entire time of working with computers and cell phones.

I am very detail oriented and I am extremely interested to try any ideas that anyone can recommend to help resolve my problems with MW on Android. Other Android players are all having similar problems, so I cannot imagine that Gree does any sort of beta testing for Android or they would have never released such amazingly messed up software. It seemed to work fine in the very early levels before myself or my rivals had a lot of buildings, but now that I have a lot of buildings the game is virtually unplayable.

I am very interested in trying any ideas to even slightly reduce the problems with MW for Android. Please let me know any ideas that you have and I will report back what I find.

Thank you!

Here is my log of crashes so far this morning:

1. Fresh boot of my cell phone, full battery and strong wireless connection. CC starts fine, collect all my income, check my news, close CC, no problems. Start MW, locked up when I hit "Scratch All" on my free scratcher. Waited, eventually got the "Modern War is not responding" message.

2. Hit the OK button in the error message to close MW. Automatically tries to restart the game, but the progress bar freezes at the opening screen. Let it sit for over 30 minutes. No change, so hit the home button and then my shortcut to Force Stop and restart MW.

3. Third boot of the morning. Scratcher shows up again, but also freezes again when I hit "Scratch All". This time I don't wait for the "not responding" message and I just use my shortcut to Force Stop and restart.

4. Fourth restart of the morning, locks up on the opening screen again. Force stop and restart... getting less patient at this point.

5. Fifth startup of MW and this time no free scratcher (woo-hoo!) but unfortunately I only get a blank desert and the "base failed to load" error message. At least this time I can properly exit the game instead of doing a force stop.

6. Unfortunately, exiting the game properly does not help because once again it freezes during the start screen and fairly quickly I get the "not responding" error message.

7. Hit OK on the error message and this time it just closes the app, but doesn't try to restart it. So I tap the icon to start it up again. Joy, this time I get three splash screens and after Xing them then I can see my base with about 70% of my buildings. ....70% of my buildings is actually pretty good compared to the times when I can only see about 5 defensive buildings and my composites factory.... funny how my composites factory is always visible even though it is the one building that I would really like to be invisible.

8. Collect income from my visible buildings. I don't think that I have collected anything from my Oil Rigs in over two weeks now because they are never visible.... I only know that they are still there because when I try to move one of my Desalinization plants I can still see the squares that are occupied by my Oil Rigs.

9. Got a little cash, so try to put it in my vault. Freeze with a spinning timer circle on my screen for about 10 minutes before I finally decide to use my Force Stop shortcut again.

10. Another restart freezes with the progress bar at about 80% on the opening screen. Home, Force Stop, restart again.

11. This time when the game starts again, I get a splash screen showing that my Faction lost a WD battle against a blank rival with zero domination points.... not sure what that's about, but I hit X and now I can see my base again. A few more buildings are visible this time, joy!!!

12. I vault my cash successfully this time, joy!!! Next I go to my rivals list to attack someone so that I can trigger the boss event. I already know that I cannot visit a rival's base so I only do blind attacks from my rivals list. First attack, success! Splash screen with the results. Second attack, success, but this time most of the unit icons are blank on the splash screen. Third attack, the diagonal doors come about half way closed and the game sits there with the "vs." logo in the middle. I think that this means that the boss was triggered but it locked up the game.

13. Force Stop, restart, freeze during opening screen with "not responding" message.

14. OK, game does not restart automatically so I tap the icon. Game loads back to my base, but this time I can only see 12 buildings out of 94. I'm used to it. I want to battle the boss so keep going. Quick look at my goals icon does not show the little yield sign, so apparently I didn't actually trigger the boss last time when it locked up.

15. Blind attack from my rivals list. Success splash screen, but unit icons are all blank.... that never bodes well.

16. X the splash screen then another blind attack from my rivals list. Success splash screen and this time it does trigger the boss. Unfortunately, when I hit the "fight" button then I only see the background for the boss battle and two health bars, but the Attack button does nothing but make the timer icon spin. However, if I hit the back button then it at least makes the spinning timer go away and I can hit the "retreat" button from the boss screen and I'm back at my rivals list.

17. No use, when I try another blind attack from my rivals list then the diagonal doors try to close, but they get jammed about half way and the game is frozen again.

18. Force Stop, restart, lock at the opening screen.

19. Force stop, restart, back to my base and it looks like about 30% of my buildings are visible. No worries, I want to battle that boss. This time I go straight to the yield icon on my Goals icon.

20. Opens the boss splash screen, but this time I cannot see the face of the tycoon boss and all of the prize icons are blank. No worries, this is normal and I still may be able to battle the boss. Open the boss battle screen and it is solid bright red, but there is my little dude and the tycoon boss is visible so we'll call it good. Attack, Attack, Attack, wait for a minute, Attack, Attack.... freeze.

21. Force stop, restart, let it sit for a while on the opening screen with the progress bar at 80%. Eventually "not responding message", click OK and the game does nothing... just sits there with the "not responding" error message stuck on my screen. Alright, this is still something that I'm used to, so I hit the home button... still stuck.... home, back, power button... nothing, just the "not responding" error message. Hit my power button a few more times... can't even put my phone into standby.... OK, hold down the power button for 5 seconds, power down.

22. Power my phone back on, wait, tap the Modern War icon. Pass the opening screen, but my base is a blank desert and I get the "Chuck Nuts base was unable to load" message. Back button, would you like to shutdown? Yes. Wait.

23. Tap the MW icon again and this time it loads, I can see my base and about 30-40% of the buildings, but for some reason all of the numbers in the little tabs across the top of the screen are just dash marks. Eh, seen it before. The yield symbol is gone from my goals folder icon, so I hope that means that I beat the boss with my last attack before it locked up.

24. Go to my profile and my inventory. Try to search through my inventory to see if I have received any prize unit from the last battle. Works fine when I scroll through my Infantry and Air units, but locks when I click the tab for my Sea units.

25. Force Stop, restart, freeze during opening screen.

26. Force stop, restart, I can see some fraction of my base again. This time I just go to my Goals folder icon, then I go to the Tycoon Boss mission and I can see that it has incremented up one more time, so it does look like I beat the boss that last time.

27. I don't know what unit I won from the last boss and I can't see how much cash I have because it is just a dash mark at the top of my screen, but I should have some unvaulted cash now so I go to my vault. Freeze while opening the vault screen.

28. Done for the morning. I beat the boss and I'm sure that I've got some unvaulted cash now, but not worth another restart. Force stop, but this time I do not restart. I'll wait for an hour or two until my boss health has recharged and then I'll try it again.

Did anyone read this all the way to the end? I can't imagine anyone did because the only thing more annoying than playing Modern War on an Android phone is reading about someone trying to play Modern War on an Android phone.

The game has been bad ever since I had more than about 20 buildings on my base. It got a LOT better for graphics reliability and smoothness of sliding around on the screen when I got the Jelly Bean software update for my phone, but it still locked up a lot. It has gotten much worse very recently and I don't know if it is related to having the Arctic Mining Rigs on my base or perhaps the new LE splash screen or the new boss event. Regardless of the cause, if it does not improve before the Battle for Greenland then Android players are going to be virtually useless to their factions.

I have submitted tickets and I either get no response or the generic "We are aware of the problem and working hard to fix it" .... but I have some of those responses that are over 10 months old and the problem has not improved at all.

PLEASE HELP, GREE!!!

Blest@iBOB!.mw
02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
thank you Tob!!! by the time i was ready to do the reinstall it was 756mbs...after successful reinstall..54.8mbs..thank you for all your help man!!

4Nik8R
02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
I'll give it a try since I've tried everything gree suport has told me to do

Товарищ
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
thank you Tob!!! by the time i was ready to do the reinstall it was 756mbs...after successful reinstall..54.8mbs..thank you for all your help man!!

I'll give it a try since I've tried everything gree suport has told me to do

Tell me how it went afterwards guys!

spitfire
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
^ how do you pronounce your user name? Thanks for all the info too everyone

Товарищ
02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
^ how do you pronounce your user name? Thanks for all the info too everyone
You're welcome!

It's read "Tavarish" and is Russian for buddy/friend.

Dilligaf13
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I know your pain Товарищ. I'm using a Droid X2. I can open MW fine, but when I try to go to anyone on the rival list I get the dreaded force close popup. I will have to go through this ritual about 9-10 times before it actually lets me go to a rival base. If I try to go to another it will force close.

Most of the time I will always have a couple building invisible. I can restart, after force close of coarse, and the missing buildings will be back but a couple others will be gone.

I can go to faction page and open something, doesn't matter, but if I try to go somewhere else it will force close.

I send a reply every time it force closes so I'm sure Gree is getting sick and tired of me. I have sent multiple tickets to them on various problems and haven't gotten any of them resolved except a blocked message issue and that took over a month and multiple replies to their email they sent me saying it was fixed.

I've tried all kinds of different things to fix my problems thinking they were a phone issue. I've had no luck so far. I spend more time restarting the game then I actually do playing the game. This really sucks cause I like the game but it's becoming more of a pain then it's worth.

Sorry, just venting. Thanks for all the help here, tried it but didn't help. On to the next section of help since Gree is doing nothing. We won't even go to the problems with the stats issues I'm having, that's another chapter.

Товарищ
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I know your pain Товарищ. I'm using a Droid X2. I can open MW fine, but when I try to go to anyone on the rival list I get the dreaded force close popup. I will have to go through this ritual about 9-10 times before it actually lets me go to a rival base. If I try to go to another it will force close.

Most of the time I will always have a couple building invisible. I can restart, after force close of coarse, and the missing buildings will be back but a couple others will be gone.

I can go to faction page and open something, doesn't matter, but if I try to go somewhere else it will force close.

I send a reply every time it force closes so I'm sure Gree is getting sick and tired of me. I have sent multiple tickets to them on various problems and haven't gotten any of them resolved except a blocked message issue and that took over a month and multiple replies to their email they sent me saying it was fixed.

I've tried all kinds of different things to fix my problems thinking they were a phone issue. I've had no luck so far. I spend more time restarting the game then I actually do playing the game. This really sucks cause I like the game but it's becoming more of a pain then it's worth.

Sorry, just venting. Thanks for all the help here, tried it but didn't help. On to the next section of help since Gree is doing nothing. We won't even go to the problems with the stats issues I'm having, that's another chapter.

Man, that truly sucks!
Personally, I don't have nearly as bad situation as you, but it's still unacceptable, so how to describe your situation - I simply can't find words! Other than awing at the incompetence of GREEd!

It seems MW is somehow incompatible with Motorola phones (Chuck also has an M). It could be some app(s) that that M has pre-installed that conflict with MW. Try un-installing or deactivating unnecessary apps in the long "all apps" list in app manager, just make sure it's M bloatware, not something that actually has a function (some are set up to be non-modifiable though and thus can't be changed).

Dilligaf13
03-18-2013, 11:51 PM
I've figured that there is a conflict somewhere and can't do anything about it. I've tried stopping all programs running in the background that I can but all they do is start right back up, besides it didn't make a difference. I'm planning on getting a new phone in the next month or so, so thinking of trying to root my phone for the heck of it and see what happens. If I brick it I'll just be getting my new phone ahead of schedule.

Товарищ
03-19-2013, 01:05 AM
I've figured that there is a conflict somewhere and can't do anything about it. I've tried stopping all programs running in the background that I can but all they do is start right back up, besides it didn't make a difference. I'm planning on getting a new phone in the next month or so, so thinking of trying to root my phone for the heck of it and see what happens. If I brick it I'll just be getting my new phone ahead of schedule.
What you're doing is going app manager then running apps, I told you to go to the long list of ALL apps installed, which is also in app manager (for me at least). It's very unlikely, but it could be "deactivated" by M if you can't find it...

Otherwise...
Rooting can be a VERY useful thing to do, and can free up ALOT of performance on the phone!
So make a backup and go ahead :D

Good luck,
/Tavarish

Dilligaf13
03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
What you're doing is going app manager then running apps, I told you to go to the long list of ALL apps installed, which is also in app manager (for me at least). It's very unlikely, but it could be "deactivated" by M if you can't find it...

Otherwise...
Rooting can be a VERY useful thing to do, and can free up ALOT of performance on the phone!
So make a backup and go ahead :D

Good luck,
/Tavarish

That's where I'm going, shutting down everything that the phone will let me shut down. Verizon has so much garbage added it's hard to get everything. Even though I shut everything down, if Verizon feels a program is needed it will open it back up on it's own. That's one reason thinking seriously about rooting the phone to get rid of all the garbage.

What?
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
You got the uninstall part right, but don't reinstall. Android is unplayable now with "errors" everytime I try to vault cash. It seems everytime I do something for the first time it fails. Tried to upgrade a building an error occured and my money was gone and no building upgrade. Tried hitting the boss for the first time and an error occured and lost money, but the boss health didn't change. Good update!

Alo
03-21-2013, 02:37 AM
You got the uninstall part right, but don't reinstall. Android is unplayable now with "errors" everytime I try to vault cash. It seems everytime I do something for the first time it fails. Tried to upgrade a building an error occured and my money was gone and no building upgrade. Tried hitting the boss for the first time and an error occured and lost money, but the boss health didn't change. Good update!

yup, in addition to boss errors got vault error too yesterday :(

Skyser30518
03-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Can't start game now. Keeps saying Modern War has stopped working right at the scratch off screen. I have deleted it and reinstalled it. No help.

Товарищ
03-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Very sorry to hear guys.
This is simply a GREEd f***up with the latest Android version.
Hope they don't take too long with a fix!

I was lucky enough to read this thread first:
Avoid the latest android update (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48940)
HUGE thanks to you, Ryan (or ohgreatitsryan)!

tunka
04-26-2013, 06:07 AM
For the past 20 days or so scratchers crash and restart of MW is required other that the client is very stable.I have been considering gold for some time now but refuse to part with my $$ until this bug has been taken seriously by developers and fixed for good.The crime city scratcher for me is solid and never crashes the client is rock solid i pay no problem.I do as many players look foward to the scratcher daily.. Im also using android here ,** please please** im begging you Gree get your best man or woman on the job and slam this bug for good... I live in hope.