PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 First Place Factions

Archer59
02-06-2013, 08:40 PM
PJ stated: "Interesting ideas. Let me bottom line it for everyone. The TOP TEN factions receive the SAME number of trinkets. That boost junk, who cares? Faction 11-25 all get the same junk. Does ANYONE see a pattern? If you people start using your brains, you'll see an easy way to snatch those trinkets you seek. There would be 10,000 WINNING factions, not just four or five. Cooperation leads to acquisition without costs."

So how is this acheived? Just one attack by one member of each faction on just one fort...then every faction stands down for the rest of the three day "battle". Every faction competed, scored the same amount of points, hence EVERY faction finishes in a tie for 1st place...no fuss, no muss as they say.

Cmputrgbln
02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
The fly in your ointment is that WD is not the same for every attack. In which case, even if EVERY faction agrees to just 1 attack, there is no way for every faction to gain the equal number of points. Besides, I'm sure Gree would not stand for this!

SoccerStud
02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
The fly in your ointment is that WD is not the same for every attack. In which case, even if EVERY faction agrees to just 1 attack, there is no way for every faction to gain the equal number of points. Besides, I'm sure Gree would not stand for this!
You only get 20 WD points per hit on each fort no matter what...

PUN wouldn't stand for that and you know it. The end...

iamnasty
02-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Will never ever going to work !!!!

cheers:D

hombre
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
it wont work, but an interesting thought. reminds me of the prisoner's dilemma.. cooperate or be egoistic. its well known that collective gains are highest if everyone just cooperates.

Q Raider
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Must be playing a different game?

I am sure I was getting close to 40, and I expect that the stronger the player the more points they would get.

emcee
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Gree can theoretically start a few factions then start attacking relentlessly then all bets are off.
Interesting idea would only work if there were say like 10 factions in total and that is a stretch.

Yankster
02-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I like the way you think though... Beat the system....

vorm
02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Why would you even want all the other factions to get the same stuff you did? The whole point of the competition is being able to get something that lots of others don't have. If everyone got it what is the point of even having it? If everyone gets the same units and bonuses as you did there is no gain for you, so it wouldn't be any different than if no one got it at all.

LeBarticus
02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Even if this was possible, I doubt 10k factions would stick true to their word. You know someone would throw in an attack at the last moment to better everyone else.

I'm all for it, trust me, but I just don't see it happening. With an auction event maybe, but still, everyone would have to stay true to their word.

King little fruit fly
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
You misinterpreted PJ, PJ suggested we just form 1 PUN fazi. got it? ;)

Archer59
02-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Why would you even want all the other factions to get the same stuff you did? The whole point of the competition is being able to get something that lots of others don't have. If everyone got it what is the point of even having it? If everyone gets the same units and bonuses as you did there is no gain for you, so it wouldn't be any different than if no one got it at all.Reread the last sentence of PJ's statement. My "suggestion"...a random thought to generate consideration...is a by product of that sentence. While the competition is fun...at any level you're at...the only reason this World Domination concept was initiated must be obvious: $

It won't take long before this event hits a wall; all major factions will hit a guild max and a stalement will insue. When that happens, Gree will change the parameters of the game to initiate....more spending. There's nothing wrong with that, as they are a business. Personally though, I think this is going to backfire on them. As the top 25 factions grow stronger and stronger, many of the LL free players are going to look at it and bag it all together, knowing that short of spending a ton of real $, there is no way to close the gap. Sorry....kidnapped my own thread...lol.

Anyway...the "suggestion" is a concept, born out of watching players turn on each other over what? Doesn't make sense to me.

HGF69
02-06-2013, 11:16 PM

You sure about that?

SoccerStud
02-07-2013, 03:27 AM
No I'm not, I was just guessing... I found no point attacking forts. Go for the kill...

MWnewGuy
02-07-2013, 03:37 AM
The Gree players would kill this idea. You know they are out there.