PDA

View Full Version : New LE Set - Much stronger than previous

JMC
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
New LE set is dishing out units 2-3x stronger than previous sets for the same cost.

Time to see some players go over 1mil raw.

Ajk
02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes, they are nice. I bought a set and won the tank.

Kara T
02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Yes, they are nice. I bought a set and won the tank.

No such luck for me.....I want the tank too....pretty please!

Selfproclaimed
02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
It kind of sucks. It's like what's the point of all the old LE sets that I bought. The new Les are soo much more powerful. So ,it's sort of wasted gold. And when will it end. Sure, I could buy a set or two of these new ones but when will it end. Maybe in a couple months, the next LEs will be even stronger. Inflation isn't good in any retrospect. Its the beginning of a downfall.

BigD@wg
02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
It kind of sucks. It's like what's the point of all the old LE sets that I bought. The new Les are soo much more powerful. So ,it's sort of wasted gold. And when will it end. Sure, I could buy a set or two of these new ones but when will it end. Maybe in a couple months, the next LEs will be even stronger. Inflation isn't good in any retrospect. Its the beginning of a downfall.

Started a thread about this very issue last month. Even predicted the new uber stat epic boss units! All past gold purchases have been devalued.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44477-Additional-Players-With-All-Golden-Armies

JMC
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah, new gold players will be happy, old gold players will feel ripped off and some will just keep spending regardless.

BigD@wg
02-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah, new gold players will be happy, old gold players will feel ripped off and some will just keep spending regardless.

Exactly right.

Elastic Earl
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Agree with everything you folks said. This Hyperinflation is bad.

But it is working for Gree as gold sales are going through the roof.

pick_sax
02-07-2013, 12:28 AM
The last beat the article driller units were a major step up on previous too.

Spend da gold gents!

Dutchie
02-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Maybe GREE felt obliged because many players took advantage of the LE sets glitch and some took it to the extreme. So this is their way if righting a wrong.

dads
02-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Agreed. however they did need to do somthing the crates where stronger than the L.E.s
I looked at the L.E last week & was really disappointed I wouldn't of minded a Mxz snowmobile ect. in my inv what stoped me buying them was in comparison to a common in the crates it looked so weak,I was really disappointed as it was a forum set,I was wondering when they would bring the stats up to make them worth buying.

KizbotBro
02-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Have you guys seen whats happening in CC at the moment? now got a set price on units with modifiers. 2000 gold gets extra respect mod and 10000 gold gets +5% money from jobs. I am expecting to see the same thing here, inflation has been accelerating in both games recently. I havent seen so much change as I have in the last 2 months.

So has the LE glitch of buying just 2 units ended now? The new prizes are epic!

VileDoom
02-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Started a thread about this very issue last month. Even predicted the new uber stat epic boss units! All past gold purchases have been devalued.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44477-Additional-Players-With-All-Golden-Armies

Wait until all the normal units in the game get a big boost, it happened in Kingdom Age. Then all the money so many spent on previous gold units becomes even more common. Lol, this is one of the perks of being a free player, it just doesn't matter to me. ;)

Sam @
02-07-2013, 02:22 AM
It's gold inflation, it's happening in Cc, KA and now MW.

It sucks for the previous players who bought gold weapons as now they seem like common weapons.

In the end it's just business. Gree wins!

mxz
02-07-2013, 06:41 AM
It's gold inflation, it's happening in Cc, KA and now MW.

It sucks for the previous players who bought gold weapons as now they seem like common weapons.

In the end it's just business. Gree wins!Let's not pretend like this is for new spenders. Who asked for the gold-stat inflation? That's right...the ones who already dropped their money on the games. Every week that the crates or LE sets were similar in stats as previous sets there were complaints about how they were underpowered and how Gree needed to raise the stats.

To keep guys like you happy and keep you spending they had to inflate the stats.

Web323
02-07-2013, 09:13 AM
The new LE rare is better than the unit the Top 100 got in the BFB

Ranger4Life
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Let's not pretend like this is for new spenders. Who asked for the gold-stat inflation? That's right...the ones who already dropped their money on the games. Every week that the crates or LE sets were similar in stats as previous sets there were complaints about how they were underpowered and how Gree needed to raise the stats.

To keep guys like you happy and keep you spending they had to inflate the stats.

I'm not sure why people don't understand why this happened. Inflation is inevitable, but Gree just screwed up by causing such a drastic increase so quickly.

Milspec1
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
It's really not that much stronger it's just flip flopped

Last set D stats were much stronger, this set it's offense

The common items stats are actually lower than the last set

Thief
02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
It's really not that much stronger it's just flip flopped

Last set D stats were much stronger, this set it's offense

The common items stats are actually lower than the last set

Think your looking at Crates and Not LE.

LE definately made a LARGE jump in Stats compared to last weeks.

BigD@wg
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Everything has increased. In 3 to 6 months, if factions continue, those bonus units will be double their current stats too.

Milspec1
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah I was sorry brain fart haha, had crates on the brain been eating them up

D1EHARD
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I would like to purchase an le set maybe i will

Milspec1
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
It's economics everything has to go up in value otherwise eventually you have a level playing field which defies the point of gold

Major Silverback
02-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Let's not pretend like this is for new spenders. Who asked for the gold-stat inflation? That's right...the ones who already dropped their money on the games. Every week that the crates or LE sets were similar in stats as previous sets there were complaints about how they were underpowered and how Gree needed to raise the stats.

Mxz, some gold players may have been asking for it, but I think Gree stumbled into this round of A/D inflation when they had the accidental 2-set LE. Hap and I where talking about it back then and I predicted that it would cause a big round of A/D inflation. Looks like it has. Gree will have to be carfull cause once ppls start to think that gold buys more and more A/D, they will start to hold onto their gold till a better units comes along. Then gold sells will drop.

Now the "in game $$ units" will have to catch up as mentioned above by VileDoom. Monetary inflation happens to be a subject that I've studied extensively, and whenever you can have $$$ printed out of thin air, it always, always becomes less and less valued. We can see it happening right here in this game's micro-environment: with the AB, and the arctic rig, etc. Gree will have to bring out more powerful (read "expensive") units to soak up the extra $$. Did u know that the U.S. is fazzing out the penny and nickel beginning this year, because they're too expensive to make. A sure sign of inflation! I predict all metal money disappears in the next few years, just like gold, then silver, then copper, did.

Major Silverback
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Inflation, one of my pet peeves, can you tell;)

Mcdoc
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Maybe GREE felt obliged because many players took advantage of the LE sets glitch and some took it to the extreme. So this is their way if righting a wrong.

I bought a few sets last night & THEN I thought - what iF we wake up tomorrow & the units are replaced with lower stat units with an "ooops" explanation - then would the same people who think the LE sets were "taken advantage of" cry that those who bought LE sets last night somehow cheated?

On one of the "Broken" LE sets, I had bought 11 Complete - 4 Unit Sets - the night before and the next day - BOOM - it only took 2 lowest units to earn the bonus - so see - the perception of "fair" swings both ways.

Dutchie
02-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I bought a few sets last night & THEN I thought - what iF we wake up tomorrow & the units are replaced with lower stat units with an "ooops" explanation - then would the same people who think the LE sets were "taken advantage of" cry that those who bought LE sets last night somehow cheated? On one of the "Broken" LE sets, I had bought 11 Complete - 4 Unit Sets - the night before and the next day - BOOM - it only took 2 lowest units to earn the bonus - so see - the perception of "fair" swings both ways.

If GREE wanted to have an ooops moment, they could have done it with the broken LE sets, removed all those units and refunded the gold. I bought a few broken LE sets so I certainly don't see it as cheating at all, just taking advantage of the situation.

If a shop prices an item that is much lower than normal which was a mistake by them, would I go to the counter and tell them they got the price wrong! No! I would go to the counter and if the system comes up with that price which is much lower than normal, I would pay the lower price and say thank you very much. Is that stealing or cheating? No, it was their mistake and I just took advantage of it.

Major Silverback
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Totally agree Dutchie.

Mcdoc
02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I still don't think the incomplete LE sets were "broken" - I feel strongly that it was a test to see if they could lure folks into spending gold - which MANY people admitted they had never spent Gold before until they saw the "glitched" LE sets - then CJ came right out and said they purposely "broke" them the second time to be "fair".

Sounds like a brilliant marketing strategy to me - kinda like a "Going Out Of Business" sale that happens once a year - LoL

Dutchie
02-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I still don't think the incomplete LE sets were "broken" - I feel strongly that it was a test to see if they could lure folks into spending gold - which MANY people admitted they had never spent Gold before until they saw the "glitched" LE sets - then CJ came right out and said they purposely "broke" them the second time to be "fair". Sounds like a brilliant marketing strategy to me - kinda like a "Going Out Of Business" sale that happens once a year - LoLTheir dirty little marketing trick worked on me... LOL! But you could well be right and I was certainly thinking along those lines around the time of the first broken set.

King little fruit fly
02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
If it is weaker or about the same as before, who would buy? Get over it, it is called inflation, it is an unnatural phenomenon invented by the Fed.

sacromyces
02-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Speaking of game units catching up. The wd units will now pretty much have to catch up why would anyone want to drop 50k gold on a potential 5k or 10k a/d from the units in WD when the can have a sure 35k A\30kD with 50k gold from the Le's and that's not even including 35 chances at that rare sweet bonus

Augie
02-08-2013, 05:38 PM
You just want that über tank so bad you just keep hitting purchase and before you know it 8000 gold disappears. I got lucky and scored it along with a few subs as well