PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed the Dragons..!

Gambit12
02-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Its about time i upgraded my Breeding Den Level 10. Wow! What a hard work for it and took me at least almost 1 day. I attacked and raid like crazy all day yesterday and sleep almost 3 am last night. I have a Lv 10 Lumber mill and BD Lv 10 cost me 1,710,000 million in gold.

i got 44 hrs to go and counting to unleashed them. My Fire Broodmother Dragon will lead the pack.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/4D31FD6F-C7A6-4801-BAB7-D0CF2720B125-26081-000011A17C747E92_zps3f0e33c7.jpg

Here's some soundtrack for it to enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2uRcevlY4

It has begun! Test your might..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ftOJsO_MU

Toddiekska
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Congratulations!

Dexter Morgan
02-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Congrats on the dragon

Battle Mage
02-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Congrats Gambit. What level are you?

Gambit12
02-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Congrats Gambit. What level are you?

Thanks! I'm currently on Lv 119 & yourself..?

Congratulations!

Congrats on the dragon

Thanks much guys!

jonny0284
02-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Good job.

Most people would advise not to let it go to your head when the power comes and you can start separating yourself from the many sheep.

I say, let it go to your head. :cool: Enjoy 'em. You earned them.

Sprig
02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Congratulations! Nice accomplishment at that level.

Battle Mage
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks! I'm currently on Lv 119 & yourself..?

L59. Wanted to set myself up better IPH-wise earlier but the last few LTQE have been too good to pass up!
Jumped about 10 levels but added maybe 8-10k A and D, so worth the levelling.
Working on that IPH now and building defence...but... trigger ...finger ...always ...itchy... ha ha ha

Serboy
02-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Congrats gambit :) and why u didn't write it on dragon thread ?

MaximumFun
02-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Congrats, Gambit!

You should've waited until level 137 like us real men (aka. idiots who didn't plan). :)

Ratma2001
02-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Well done Gambit , you must have been hooking in and raiding everything ! That the same way I did it at thesame level as well ....copy cat...geez the people at that level must be really peeved now , watch your stats go through the roof now!
You have earned a rest for next 44 at least.

Cloud22
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Congrats gambit great work bro

Gambit12
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Good job.

Most people would advise not to let it go to your head when the power comes and you can start separating yourself from the many sheep.

I say, let it go to your head. :cool: Enjoy 'em. You earned them.

Congratulations! Nice accomplishment at that level.

Thanks a lot guys..!

Congrats gambit :) and why u didn't write it on dragon thread ?

I think its better to start a new fresh strategy thread on how to achieve the Level 10 Breeding Den. Cause that thread is been months old now, so we need a new one...

Congrats, Gambit!

You should've waited until level 137 like us real men (aka. idiots who didn't plan). :)

Thanks MaximumFun! Its not to late for higher levels ,yet you can still do it one way or the other.

Gambit12
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Well done Gambit , you must have been hooking in and raiding everything ! That the same way I did it at thesame level as well ....copy cat...geez the people at that level must be really peeved now , watch your stats go through the roof now!
You have earned a rest for next 44 at least.

Lol! I know right & thanks Ratma..!

Congrats gambit great work bro

Oh man, when i was over vault i was afraid someone might raid & steal all my unvaulted gold, but luckily there's one & told him a peace treaty kinda thing...

Seek & destroy
02-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Congrats gambit got mine to 10 yesterday the same way 24/7 raiding/fighting
Now have a 103 of them level 68

Peppers
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Nice job Gambit! That was not an easy thing to do at your level.

Jhoemel
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Congrats man

Black Knight
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Congrats mate, well done!!
Now comes the expensive part.......;)

Bazi
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Congrats on your new dragons!

Q-Ball
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Awesome. Congrats! Well done Gambit. Hopefully I'm not far behind you. I'm at level 110 and need to get moving on it.

Seryna
02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
That's quite an achievement...especially at your level. I'm currently level 35 and planning on camping once I get to level 50 to get breeding den 10. Do you recommend getting lumber mill to 10 first? I find it really difficult to camp though. Especially since all these LTQs are so tempting and I end up leveling despite my intentions. Did you have full allies and max army of high priests? I'm planning on trying to get that first before going on bd10 run.

GFF
02-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment at your level!

DW.Trinity
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
WhooHooo! Congratulations! & you did it soooo fast! I think it took me 2-3 exciting, sleep-deprived days.

Proprioc3ption
02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Congrats Gambit! Now go find some victims for them to train their fire breathing skills on haha!

Gambit12
02-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Lol! Thanks a whole lot guys..!

That's quite an achievement...especially at your level. I'm currently level 35 and planning on camping once I get to level 50 to get breeding den 10. Do you recommend getting lumber mill to 10 first? I find it really difficult to camp though. Especially since all these LTQs are so tempting and I end up leveling despite my intentions. Did you have full allies and max army of high priests? I'm planning on trying to get that first before going on bd10 run.

Either way at your level i know you can get it done. Its easy to achieve everything at your level and no doubt about that.

Strategy for higher level on how its done: Breeding Den Lv 10 Mission Objective.

First, I recommend to win a couple LTQ ultimate prize unit. Probably at least 3 LTQ ultimate prizes & upgrade all your boost buildings to Lv 8 or better. You don't have to worry to upgrade the machine boost cause there's not much strong units there at the moment...

Secondly, Go Stealth mode - means drop your allies to about 200 the exact number so that the 500 allies won't be able to see you. You can still see some 450 & be able to see the 100 allies or less also. You can try to attack the 300 allies but not the 400 but i recommend to attack the 200 or less allies. When i drop my allies down to 200 my stats is 90K Atk but my defensive stats is kinda week at 80k. So i decided to load up some Hydra & High Priest at 175 a piece & still increasing it to 190 or 200 if you can. And my defensive stats increases to 90k where my attack stats are at the same stat level. Make sure your stats down there are around 75 or 80k A/D cause there're strong players down there too with bunch of boss prize units in their top 45.

Lastly, Go invade & Attack like Crazy - means lab tap them like once & if you win like 9,900 gold then thats a big plus to your savings account. But BECAREFUL when you hit someone and if you lose then the hard part is they might retaliate. i was going all out the first half of the day & hit someone with bunch of boss event unit, but luckily he was at low allies around 70 & stole most of his gold at 1M. There's another guy that retaliated on me, he won & lose back & forth, and i hit him back the same result as him. From there on i decided to make a little adjustment on what went wrong. I realize that my defensive stats were kinda weak so i decide to load up on Hydra & High Priest for defense like i said earlier. After that i just decided to invade, check their stats, & kingdom. I see someone with Lv 3 Manor & i was like "WOW" this is good & it helps a lot in my over vault savings account. I saw someone with level 7 Lender, Lv 9 Playhouse, & also that Lv 3 Manor. Before i forget, you have to PvE at the same too to help increase your over vault. Just do the quest mission goal on the top left corner.

I hope this simple strategy will help your Breeding Den Lv 10 mission accomplish. Wish you all the big Luck to go for it..! It takes a lot of hard work and patience. More power to you & may the Force be with you!

jonny0284
02-07-2013, 07:00 AM
I sold over a million dollars worth of buildings. LOL. My vault was at 330k and I only had to raid about ~500k. Too easy. All buildings were rebuilt in less than a month and many are already upgraded past their prior sale point. That and I built a full dragon army in the same time.

#win

Q-Ball
02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Gambit - I assume your strategy you listed was just the going from BD9 to BD10? just to accumulate the funds for that last upgrade?

Also, I've been burning time getting my IPH to at least 10k (almost there at 9105/hr) - should I just hold off on that and start my run? I saw your IPH was lower than mine so that's why I ask. I'm Lv110 at 107k A/D. I have barely been attacked by anyone, so maybe it'll be safe to make my run now from BD2.

Sprig
02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Q-Ball - I made my run with an IPH around 7k. Raiding was far more profitable and I was able to finish in about 36-40 hours. Like Jonny I sold my manors and a lender to get done faster as I was nervous with that much unvaulted money and figured it would be easier to rebuild IPH with a dragon army.

Gambit12
02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Gambit - I assume your strategy you listed was just the going from BD9 to BD10? just to accumulate the funds for that last upgrade?

Also, I've been burning time getting my IPH to at least 10k (almost there at 9105/hr) - should I just hold off on that and start my run? I saw your IPH was lower than mine so that's why I ask. I'm Lv110 at 107k A/D. I have barely been attacked by anyone, so maybe it'll be safe to make my run now from BD2.

Wow Q-ball, you're still at BD2! Its not hard to upgrade from BD 2 to Lv 8. Once you hit Lv 9 & 10 then just follow my simple strategy or you can try to figure your own strategy. Whatever is best for you & to go over vault is just do it in less than 24 hrs of over vault if your stats are not that high. 107k A/D is way better stats to go for it, why not...

Q-Ball
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Q-Ball - I made my run with an IPH around 7k. Raiding was far more profitable and I was able to finish in about 36-40 hours. Like Jonny I sold my manors and a lender to get done faster as I was nervous with that much unvaulted money and figured it would be easier to rebuild IPH with a dragon army.

As the City Official for my kingdom, selling buildings would have to be put on a referendum for a vote by the citizens. I'd be impeached from my seat if this were done unilateraly. (I don't know why I have an attachment to the buildings once they're built. maybe I will just have to let go and rebuild it later.)

Wow Q-ball, you're still at BD2! Its not hard to upgrade from BD 2 to Lv 8. Once you hit Lv 9 & 10 then just follow my simple strategy or you can try to figure your own strategy. Whatever is best for you & to go over vault is just do it in less than 24 hrs of over vault if your stats are not that high. 107k A/D is way better stats to go for it, why not...

SOLD! Perhaps I've been too conservative in my strategy. This current LTQ is reeeally making me overvault with the low drop rate and $2k per kill. See you in the Dragon community soon then.

Gambit12
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
As the City Official for my kingdom, selling buildings would have to be put on a referendum for a vote by the citizens. I'd be impeached from my seat if this were done unilateraly. (I don't know why I have an attachment to the buildings once they're built. maybe I will just have to let go and rebuild it later.)

SOLD! Perhaps I've been too conservative in my strategy. This current LTQ is reeeally making me overvault with the low drop rate and $2k per kill. See you in the Dragon community soon then.

You can do the alternative strategy like Jonny said earlier on his post. I had a problem going over vault when i was at 500 allies & there's no way i can go over vault up there. Just check the link below...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44773-Gold-or-Cash-Cow..!&referrerid=47800

Sprig
02-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Q-Ball, with your stats you are likely to find a few players higher than you who could hit you pretty hard. I found that if I requested an alliance most higher level players would ally with me or at least not attack. As you raid take note of any player who could raid you successfully and see if they won't accept an ally invite.

I'm level 103 but with 499 allies I am still able to see down to players with 150ish allies. Those players with low ally counts who are over vault help fund my dragon breeding. If you go with the low ally count strategy I would suggest you go as fast as you can to minimize your exposure.

Q-Ball
02-07-2013, 11:41 AM
thanks guys... advice is noted. Only reason i'm at 500 allies was from (here we go, bring it up again) the damn Keeper of the Herd LTQ back from christmas where I didn't even get Donner after a million bosses killed. So I'll drop some allies and get going. Don't want to be left out of the the Dragon party.

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
its gonna be a long night . going for my bd10 at level 70 .. need 700.000 more i only made 300.000 today ... cant find nothing to raid , probably because of this LTQ .. wish me luck , im not going to sleep with over 1 mil overvault :)

Gambit12
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
its gonna be a long night . going for my bd10 at level 70 .. need 700.000 more i only made 300.000 today ... cant find nothing to raid , probably because of this LTQ .. wish me luck , im not going to sleep with over 1 mil overvault :)

Alright Perfuzzle! I will be cheering for you here. Go go go..! Try to look for some Manor if your not going for the LTQ...

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 07:06 PM
im going for the LTQ 2 .. thats the fun of it :D trying to make my BD10 while doing the quest :) it`s a win win unless someone decides to attack me :)

Gambit12
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
im going for the LTQ 2 .. thats the fun of it :D trying to make my BD10 while doing the quest :) it`s a win win unless someone decides to attack me :)

Then i wish you a Good Luck & just be careful who you attacking cause if you lose they might retaliate & steal all your gold...

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 07:19 PM
The wish you a Good Luck & just be careful who you attacking cause if you lose they might retaliate & steal all your gold...

thank you gambit , at my lvl i found like 3 ppl in 2 days with stats close to mine , so it`s been a peaceful run for bd10....but the problem is i cant find nothing to raid , no overvault ... nothing

SuperTP
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Congratulations Gambit! Well Done! I'm now working on getting my Dragon army up over 600. Getting tough though with the PVP event running!

Gambit12
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Congratulations Gambit! Well Done! I'm now working on getting my Dragon army up over 600. Getting tough though with the PVP event running!

Thanks & thats cool! I need to work on my iph this time so that i can afford thousands of Dragons...

General Soviet
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Congrats Gambit! I'm level 54, so it's just Wyverns for me.

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
im so drunk right now and still missing 550.000 for bd10 ...im gonna sell my kingdom to make the money:D

Gambit12
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Congrats Gambit! I'm level 54, so it's just Wyverns for me.

Its okey G.Soviet - you'll get there soon. Do you play any LTQ's..?

im so drunk right now and still missing 550.000 for bd10 ...im gonna sell my kingdom to make the money:D

Lol! Don't sell everything though...

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Its okey G.Soviet - you'll get there soon. Do you play any LTQ's..?

Lol! Don't sell everything though...

im not staying overnight with 1.300.000 overvault :D if i sell all the buildings i can make them back but another bd10 run its to stressful :D i smoke a pack of cigarettes in the last 4 hours :D

Perfuzzie
02-09-2013, 10:19 PM
there will be dragonsssss in 45 hours:D after selling my income buildings to make the 500k :D now i can go to sleep thinking of those baby dragons :D

Jhoemel
02-09-2013, 10:27 PM
there will be dragonsssss in 45 hours:D after selling my income buildings to make the 500k :D now i can go to sleep thinking of those baby dragons :D

Congrats man

Mickeytah
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM

Which ones did you sell and how much damage did you do to your IPH?

I purposely built my manors to level 2, had a level 3 lender, and a level 2 lender for the sole purpose of selling them as soon as I got within striking range of 1.7m.

I had a whole spreadsheet and everything for my run which took into account a lot of variables.

SevenO9
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
1,5 million when the PVP event hit town. As always I was sleeping like a baby. Woke up, got splash screen and a wall of red. Dumped 900k into armor. Don't do BD runs during PVP events ... :-)

Mickeytah
02-10-2013, 01:05 AM
1,5 million when the PVP event hit town. As always I was sleeping like a baby. Woke up, got splash screen and a wall of red. Dumped 900k into armor. Don't do BD runs during PVP events ... :-)

Ouch. Best time to do BD10 run is immediately following a PvP LTQ. That way you know you've got a few days.

One thing that really helped me with my BD10 run is all those invisible units that were LTQ leftovers in the Temple of Abaad. Low energy to attack, but a fair amount of gold. Also, if you didn't kill them with one hit, they didn't strike back.

jonny0284
02-10-2013, 09:51 AM
One thing that really helped me with my BD10 run is all

the peer pressure.

Perfuzzie
02-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Which ones did you sell and how much damage did you do to your IPH?

I purposely built my manors to level 2, had a level 3 lender, and a level 2 lender for the sole purpose of selling them as soon as I got within striking range of 1.7m.

I had a whole spreadsheet and everything for my run which took into account a lot of variables.

manors , lenders , playhouse , and some other ones including my level 10 siege workshop by mistake :)

Perfuzzie
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM

doing the BD10 run during the event helped me , doing pvp quests and making money for the bd10 was a win win for me :D saved me a lot of experience

Zenobia
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Been away from the forum for a while, so I'm a little late to the party, but CONGRATS, Gambit! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish this, especially over L100? :)

17 days since I finished mine and 485 dragons so far. Catch up to me if you can!

Gambit12
02-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Been away from the forum for a while, so I'm a little late to the party, but CONGRATS, Gambit! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish this, especially over L100? :)

17 days since I finished mine and 485 dragons so far. Catch up to me if you can!

Lol! Thanks Zenobia, trying to work on my iph now so that i can afford thousands of Dragons. What's your iph so far..?

ratiatierna
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Gratz man, I got my bd9 at level 146 and my bd10 at level 147, that was in 48 hours, I got attacked only once and before I was overvault

Gambit12
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Gratz man, I got my bd9 at level 146 and my bd10 at level 147, that was in 48 hours, I got attacked only once and before I was overvault

Thanks & congrats to you too ratiatierna! Can you share you strategy here on how its done...

Perfuzzie
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
i apologize to everyone that helped me for my db10 and everyone that will help my dragon army to grow , u are my heroes guys , without your manors , lenders , silos , playhouses and overvault i wouldnt be here ! thank u so much , i`ll pray for the souls of the units u lost in battles !

ratiatierna
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks & congrats to you too ratiatierna! Can you share you strategy here on how its done...well what I did is that I maximized my hydra army to 850 units, then I lowered my ally count to 255, in that range of allies I attacked and raided as much as I could, my stats where with 255 allies at 87k attack and defense which put me in the top of that group of players with 250 allies average

Perfuzzie
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
just go with a full ally army... thats what i did , it worked perfect . im full allies and i see ppl half my allies so i dont know how lowering your allies helps ...

GFF
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
When I kept trying for my BD10 run and getting hit I ran across someone else going on their BD 10 run. I hit him full once, then accepted his ally request and wished him good luck on getting his dragons.

I was lvl 68 60k/73k at the time and couldn't get over 800k without getting hit. He was at 1.4mm when I hit him at the same level with 41k/45k. I looked around at his stats, units, kingdom, etc. trying to figure out if there was a reason that he was able to get up to 1.4mm with much weaker stats or if he was just lucky.

Then I noticed that he had his BD hidden behind his Wizard's Spire and surrounded by a couple of Cannon Towers. You could hardly see the thing to tap on it and see what level it was and you certainly couldn't see it outright to see he was going on his BD10 run. Unless I'm doing PvE for an LTQ I always look for Manors, Lenders, etc., then I take a look at their BD to see if it's at 7+. If so, there's a good chance that they're over vault. I'm guessing that quite a few players do the same thing because I moved some things around and within about 2.5 days I went from zero to 1.3mm without being attacked once.

I probably could have made the full amount, but I had tried so many times I just wanted to get it over with. Sold the lvl 2 Manors and it was finally done.

I'd probably still be trying to get it if I hadn't seen someone else use this tactic.

Perfuzzie
02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
i never attacked someone going for bd10 even if he had 30k less stats than me , i wished him good luck for his run , i only did it when i did my run for bd10 in 1 day ... and i apologized to them and if they sent me an ally request i accepted it , its a war game but we all know how hard the run for bd10 is and we should help everyone get it .
keep it challenging , there is no challenge is u have 100 k stats and the rest 30k stats

Perfuzzie
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
my first 50 dragons were born , i am so proud of themmmmmm :D

Ratma2001
02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
my first 50 dragons were born , i am so proud of themmmmmm :D

Way to go Perfuzzie , top effort, they take some handlin' but I'm up to 600 now so about half way , keep them flying on the attack don't feed them too much they'll get like mine big 'N' lazy , but I thank them for what they bring home even if it's pigeon food sometimes?

Perfuzzie
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Way to go Perfuzzie , top effort, they take some handlin' but I'm up to 600 now so about half way , keep them flying on the attack don't feed them too much they'll get like mine big 'N' lazy , but I thank them for what they bring home even if it's pigeon food sometimes?

they gonna bring me a lot of goodies i know that :D

DW.Trinity
02-12-2013, 02:30 AM
my first 50 dragons were born , i am so proud of themmmmmm :DCongratulations! I've maxed out on dragons I'm afraid. I was up to 1350, but keep losing them questing. I'm at 1326 now. This will be a game changer for you. Enjoy the ride! ;-))

Lunacy79
02-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Its about time i upgraded my Breeding Den Level 10. Wow! What a hard work for it and took me at least almost 1 day. I attacked and raid like crazy all day yesterday and sleep almost 3 am last night. I have a Lv 10 Lumber mill and BD Lv 10 cost me 1,710,000 million in gold.

i got 44 hrs to go and counting to unleashed them. My Fire Broodmother Dragon will lead the pack.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/27E8F00C-FD8F-4A7D-A842-5455FDAE011D-13158-000008F04AAC16B3_zps48a4fefa.jpg

Here's some soundtrack for it to enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2uRcevlY4

It has begun! Test your might..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ftOJsO_MU
Gambit congrats !! .. Just started my dragon run a whole day .. Well I better get a case of redbull !!

Gambit12
02-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Gambit congrats !! .. Just started my dragon run a whole day .. Well I better get a case of redbull !!

Thanks & congrats to you too Lunacy79! A well deserve drink, party, toast & cheers for a job well done..! Can you share your strategy on how its done..?

Lord VIX
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Here come my dragons: I am the proud breeder of 810 dragons, and counting... Prepping for the crusades...

Regarding the Breeding Den run, the beginning was the most difficult part of it, as I did not build a High Priest defense (I did neither want to build the Tower and spend time on upgrading, nor spend money on HP), and the upgrade to level 8 is somewhat difficult in this context. Around level 70, I had a relatively strong IPH made of 24h and 48h buildings, and I started accumulating cash to upgrade my BD, but I was often attacked when overvault.

So, I opted for decelerating my leveling up (i.e. stopped box events) and buying high level weapons and armors to increase my defense stats. I saw these weapons as a good fit and long-dated investment. That should maybe have worked, but the units stats were then changed for everyone, including me... Weapons and armors became less relevant for this purpose, and my basilisks/wyverns weren't making it against the stronger players that came to visit my vault...

I then took a right decision: selling the manors (both were at Level 2) to upgrade to L8. Then I started buying Hydras, while rebuilding the manors. With some patience, my defense stats increased significantly. I was not camping, doing boss events in order to collect the nice units.

Around Xmas time, at Level 72, I dared going overvault again. In the middle of the week, I started running, and then, ... surprise ... no significant attack, probably also due to the fact that there was less PvP activity going on, as everybody playing was probably busy with the first LTQ. I managed to achieve the L9 upgrade. I then sold the upgraded manors again, and finally made it to BD Level 10.

Sort of nice Christmas tale .

Angel 2
02-17-2013, 04:18 AM
Congrats to Gambit and other new dragon mummies and daddies. In 20 hr I will be joining you... Hello PvP...

My strategy was pretty simple at L81 - drop back to 72 allies so the people with more than 200 allies can't see you on the BL, then raid like crazy. Probably took me around two days of raiding, pretty much 20 raids an hour (stamina bar). Something like an average of 2000 per hit lots of manors and high level playhouses, together with leather workers and silos. This worked for me because my army is indestructible at that ally count and I only found two players with comparable stats and they were close to two hundred allies. I have reasonable armor and weapons to support the 216 high level mobs going into battle with Attack and Defence around 35k at the 72 ally mark.

A couple of people blind attacked back, but no losses during the run. Now to hatch some eggs and climb back up the ally list. IPH was not a concern, as I was earning way more from raiding, like 40 to 50k an hour.

NVJ
02-17-2013, 07:51 AM
I sold over a million dollars worth of buildings. LOL. My vault was at 330k and I only had to raid about ~500k. Too easy. All buildings were rebuilt in less than a month and many are already upgraded past their prior sale point. That and I built a full dragon army in the same time.

#win

Do you mean to tell me that I can sell buildings and then rebuild them? That is a great way to do it then!

jonny0284
02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Do you mean to tell me that I can sell buildings and then rebuild them? That is a great way to do it then!

Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you. :p

The kicker is that you only get 1/2 the cost when you sell it. Ignore the Lumber Mill discounts. You are entitled to that discount when you build/upgrade but it means nothing when you sell back a building.

----

Just to make sure you understand. (I'm using initial prices.)

A Level 1 Manor costs 250,000*. When you sell it you only get 125,000. If you wish to rebuild it again...250,000*.

If you sell a Level 2 Manor which costs 250,000 + 420,000 (upgrade). You onlyget 210,000. And, you have to start the rebuild from the start when you choose to have at it again.

---

Let me explain the downsides to this.

1. Your IPH suffers when you pawn off all your income buildings. Not the best strategy when you're going to buy Dragons at 13,000 / ea.

2. You lose out considerably on investment money. Then you have to factor in the time (which is more valuable than anything else in KA, which is why you can buy Energy & Stamina, erase construction times with Gems, etc.) and all the time you lost on constructing + upgrading your buildings. And, the rebuild + upgrade to get them back.

It's not for many. But, good luck! :)

NVJ
02-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the pointers guys. I am believing that it is possible again, even though I am at level 111. I am going to lose a lot of time, as I have been busily upgrading my buildings to get my IPH up, but I can see that it is not a lost hope. I am going to drop down to 200 allies and make a run soon.

jonny0284
02-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the pointers guys. I am believing that it is possible again, even though I am at level 111. I am going to lose a lot of time, as I have been busily upgrading my buildings to get my IPH up, but I can see that it is not a lost hope. I am going to drop down to 200 allies and make a run soon.

Don't drop allies. For the love of everything...don't think for one second that strategy is 100% fool proof.

Second, it's your best option to maintain a strong defense.

Perfuzzie
02-17-2013, 09:50 AM

dont drop the allies , u are doing a big mistake by that...at level 74 i have full allies 370 and i an see players with 100 allies ..

Lord VIX
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I succeeded in my run after having maxed the allies. Without max allies, the run is even more of a gamble.

Regarding selling buildings, which is what I did, I cosnolated myself by telling me that I was monetizing their terminal values, and that, all in all, I haven't in fact lost money (full payback including the sale), i.e. investing in a manor had also the purpose of complementing the vault while bringing money in the meantime...

Don't drop allies. For the love of everything...don't think for one second that strategy is 100% fool proof.

Angel 2
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM

Agree Jonny - however I think different strategies suit different players. I tried three times at max allies around L80 with 80k defence (mixture of HP and Hydras). Got hit every time, most allied, but it was taking forever. So I dropped the ally count gradually, checking the BL to see what the stats were like until I settled on 72 allies. As I stated earlier, Only 200 and below could see me and my stats from event mobs was sufficient to go through the run without a loss. The pickings also seem a bit broader at the lower ally levels, perhaps because there are less active players in the BL.

So I think the thing to do is assess your relative strength at your level and choose a strategy that will work for you. You may need to try a couple of different things until you find the right one. And don't try to go for it during a PvP quest!

Seryna
02-17-2013, 03:32 PM
dont drop the allies , u are doing a big mistake by that...at level 74 i have full allies 370 and i an see players with 100 allies ..

Yeah I think if you are going to try the strategy of dropping allies you need to drop it below 100 or else you are just losing out on attack/defense stats and people can still see you. Angel 2 was successful in his BD10 run but he dropped down to 72 allies. When I am ready to do my run I will try to do it at max allies first but if I fail a few times then I will try dropping down to really low allies and see if it works.

piercemenow1
02-17-2013, 05:22 PM
hey guys, just started my level 8 BD, what are the numbers needed for level 9 and 10? thanks for this awesome thead,
User name is mitch, i am currently at level 102, with only around 53k attack and defense, it looks like a real effort to get to level 10, i just sold oe of my level2 manors for around 215000, so that will be rebuilt before i have a crack at Level 9

Perfuzzie
02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
hey guys, just started my level 8 BD, what are the numbers needed for level 9 and 10? thanks for this awesome thead,
User name is mitch, i am currently at level 102, with only around 53k attack and defense, it looks like a real effort to get to level 10, i just sold oe of my level2 manors for around 215000, so that will be rebuilt before i have a crack at Level 9

BD9 around 1.150.000 and BD10 1.800.000

piercemenow1
02-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Holy crap balls

apawlosk
02-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Just got my lvl 10 breeding den upgrade!

It was a lot of work being that I waited until lvl 125 to make the run. I had to keep pushing back my efforts due to attacks from others. I currently have approx $15K gold per hour and had to raid like crazy on my last day in order to get the remaining 500K.

I lost about 60 hydras, 30 bassilisks, and 40 flaming catapults from the raids. My attack dropped from 119K down to 114K over this time.

Some advice i would add, is that you need lots of extra units on attack and a solid high priest army so that others do not retaliate when you raid them.

Also, I prepped some high level monsters by attacking them down to 1 hit to kill. This was good for around 200k of essentially protected gold.

So pumped to crank out the dragons!

WinkadInk
02-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Congrats, I'm lvl 37 I believe and am almost done with my boost buildings being all lvl 10. Also stats are 33/31 lol so no competition for me at all with 9.1k iph. Once I hit the lvl to unlock it I'll be making mine relatively quick

Zesder
02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
My alt account has just made it to the rank of Dragon Breeder.
I have to say that it was a lot harder doing the run just after 50 than my main account did after 100.
There are just too many people camping around the 50-60 mark. I pushed myself up to 80 and found a lot less strong apponents and a lot more raiding opportunities.
I only got hit by one real problem of a person who wouldn't ally up after a bite, so I added around 100 allies and scared him off.
Apologies to anyone I hit along the way. I know I raided so much I have RSI.

Bazi
02-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Congrats to the latest dragon breeders!

Polnivara
02-20-2013, 01:30 AM
in 30short hours i will hit bd lvl 5 :) should i buy basilisks or just save that money for upgrading.

dbailey30
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
in 30short hours i will hit bd lvl 5 :) should i buy basilisks or just save that money for upgrading.

I personally kept a balanced army while working my breeding den up to level 10, I found that if I had stats better then 80% of the players at my level my income outpaced losses. It was frustating at times but if you keep working at it and make allies with people who have attacked it worked for me. Keep in mind there there is a max amount of non-vaulted gold you can lose over a certain amount of time.

Cheers!

Polnivara
02-20-2013, 09:38 AM
k i hope i can get bd 10 without getting attacked to much me wants dragons xD

Sprig
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Congrats to the new dragon breeders.

I think Zesder has a point regarding the difficulty of getting the BD10 run done around levels 50-60. I've been hit more and harder on my camping account at level 61 than I ever was on my main account when I did my BD10 run around level 94-96.

Ashley_Doll
02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Just recently began my BD10 upgrade. Took nearly two days of gold gathering, not to mention getting hit twice for a total of about 240k gold lost. Luckily, I was able to earn gold faster than I lost it. I just wish I had done this sooner so that my ATT/DEF could be good enough to join a decent guild. Oh well.

Bwdavis4
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Amazing... What felt like months of work has finally paid off... Now only 37 short hours away from breeding dragons!

Q-Ball
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
FINALLY DONE!!! And I got 43 dragons as soon as the upgrade completed... Now I just need 1457 more dragons. I only lost $29k during the run. I kept full allies and didn't sell any buildings, just raided and pillaged others. I started from BD2 18 days ago, so it was a pretty continuous run. Good luck to those on the run now and congrats to others.

Level 117 - 109k/110k - IPH $9145

Gambit12
02-21-2013, 11:50 AM
FINALLY DONE!!! And I got 43 dragons as soon as the upgrade completed... Now I just need 1457 more dragons. I only lost $29k during the run. I kept full allies and didn't sell any buildings, just raided and pillaged others. I started from BD2 18 days ago, so it was a pretty continuous run. Good luck to those on the run now and congrats to others.

Level 117 - 109k/110k - IPH $9145

Wow! its about time & it was so quick that you got it done finally! Congrats Q-ball & to everyone who got there Breeding Den level 10 going. And just prepare your Dragons for Guilds War coming up soon...

Q-Ball
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow! its about time & it was so quick that you got it done finally! Congrats Q-ball & to everyone who got there Breeding Den level 10 going. And just prepare your Dragons for Guilds War coming up soon...

Thanks Gambit! It was much easier with all the tips and advice shared by those before me. I was really surprised at how it wasn't that hard of a run. Perhaps I was over-prepared. Well I'm now up to 100 dragons ready for the Guild Wars to come.

Rinkled4
02-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I just finished my bd10. I did 9 & 10 in three days total. 95 dragons owned, 1405 to go.

Q-Ball
02-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I just finished my bd10. I did 9 & 10 in three days total. 95 dragons owned, 1405 to go.

Congrats Rinkled! Doesn't it feel good?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM

Wow! Well done man! Just in time for guild wars coming up, too.

MindMachine
03-07-2013, 04:32 AM
Just a simple question guys and apologies for kinda noob question,if i reduce my ally from 300 to 100 will the bonus attack and defense of mine will decrease significantly?currently lv 96 and planning to go to BD10 also..Thanks guys..

Gambit12
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Just a simple question guys and apologies for kinda noob question,if i reduce my ally from 300 to 100 will the bonus attack and defense of mine will decrease significantly?currently lv 96 and planning to go to BD10 also..Thanks guys..

Your good. Yes, it will decrease slightly. If you have those LTQ units it will help tremendously on your boosted stats. I was at 200 allies & my boosted stats at around 150k to 175k A/D something. You'll be okey. Just be careful who you attack & be advice to check their stats first by invading them. Look for some manor, Lv 5 or higher on Lender, Lv 6 & up on Playhouse, Lv 5 or up on Shipyard, & check the person if their over vault. Good Luck MindMachine on your BD 10 journey..!

Perfuzzie
03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Your good. Yes, it will decrease slightly. If you have those LTQ units it will help tremendously on your boosted stats. I was at 200 allies & my boosted stats at around 150k to 175k A/D something. You'll be okey. Just be careful who you attack & be advice to check their stats first by invading them. Look for some manor, Lv 5 or higher on Lender, Lv 6 & up on Playhouse, Lv 5 or up on Shipyard, & check the person if their over vault. Good Luck MindMachine on your BD 10 journey..!

gambit ...i was seeing players with 110 allies and i had maxed allies ... so i dont know how that is gonna work

Gambit12
03-07-2013, 07:59 PM
gambit ...i was seeing players with 110 allies and i had maxed allies ... so i dont know how that is gonna work

At max allies i can only see below around 400 something allies. It could be some Guild glitch on your part cause Gree are still trying to fix & figure this thing out...

NVJ
03-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I finally started the upgrade from BD8 -> BD9 after careful saving, raiding and selling lots of buildings. When I woke up this morning, someone had raided me and attacked my BD. It is back to BD8! Is that the way KA is supposed to work? If you attacked a building that is being up graded, do you stomp on the upgrade?

------UPDATE-------

I left and restarted and my upgrade is still going on. Phew!

NVJ
03-10-2013, 11:29 AM

I dropped down to 299 allies and made a run to BD9. It is building now. Not really sure if I should stay down here for the BD10 run or if I should try and get back up to 500. It worked for BD9 but I only stayed over vault for a brief time, an hour at most. BD10 will be much tougher.

Gambit12
03-11-2013, 06:50 PM
I dropped down to 299 allies and made a run to BD9. It is building now. Not really sure if I should stay down here for the BD10 run or if I should try and get back up to 500. It worked for BD9 but I only stayed over vault for a brief time, an hour at most. BD10 will be much tougher.

What level are you now? You'll be okey NVJ, just do whatever works for you BD10 run, & wish you all the Good Luck on going for it..!

NVJ
03-11-2013, 10:08 PM
What level are you now? You'll be okey NVJ, just do whatever works for you BD10 run, & wish you all the Good Luck on going for it..!

I am 113 level now.

Bacardio
03-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Gambit

right now I am lvl 86, 121A, 119D, 8165IPH, 430 allies .... Stamina 6

I am upgrading my lumber mill now. I am at BD8. What are my chances of making it to BD10, if I drop down to 200 allies, like you suggest. I have never been able to get the top prize on any of the LTQ, so I don't have any massive units

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Gambit

I am upgrading my lumber mill now. I am at BD8. What are my chances of making it to BD10, if I drop down to 200 allies, like you suggest. I have never been able to get the top prize on any of the LTQ, so I don't have any massive units

Stamina 6. Wowza, you're not a raider?

Bacardio
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Stamina 6. Wowza, you're not a raider?

No, I was always putting my stat points on Attack and Def, until I figured out (way too late, as in around lvl 75) that it was a waste of points to do so.

Been adding the points to my hero strength ever since

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Your attack and defense score will drop as you start deleting your allies. Keep that in mind.

I'd say make the run. I did mine at 75k/75k and never invested in High Priests & I had 685 Hydras. I started adding allies just prior and during my run. But was never at max.

boardgames rule
03-21-2013, 08:16 AM
I just got my BD 10. I have 80-90 k def at lvl 65 and saved for 1.5 weeks straight and went from Bd1-BD10. no attacks

Gambit12
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Gambit

At your level 86 has no fear down there. You can run for BD10 anytime & any strategy you want. You can do the jonny strategy to save half way & sell your high gold buildings. Either way mate, Good Luck & more power to you! If Ratma can do it you can do it also, Lol:cool:..!

I just got my BD 10. I have 80-90 k def at lvl 65 and saved for 1.5 weeks straight and went from Bd1-BD10. no attacks

Congrats boardgames rule! You are the man, homie:cool:..!!

Angel 2
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Gambit

Bacardio - you will need to drop to around 75 allies to get off the radar of those with max allies or thereabouts. IF you have strong units + armour and weapons to support 215 units going to battle, then it is viable (it is how I got mine at around L80). I did a couple of overvault test runs as I dropped and found that 75 was the best level for me (at the time). Mind you I made the coin in two days of frantic raiding etc as well, and ended up selling a manor late in the evening so I could close it out. Sounds like you may need to be overvault for longer?

Rastlin
04-05-2013, 06:34 AM
I just unleashed my Dragons at level 143. So people don't say you can't do it. I have been trying since level 135. But this time I figured with the guild wars ending people would take a break. Craziest part is I didn't get attacked even one time while making my run. In 27 hours I get to hear their screeches as they take flight.

sparckle
04-05-2013, 06:48 AM
A little late in "unleashing the dragons" when most of them will now just be bench-warmers.

l3lade2
04-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Sparckle you have 1,500 indistrubtable untis above Dragon attack? Thought not...:rolleyes:

BD10 is easily still achievable it's all rubbish about how it can't be done etc. Yes it can take time and perseverance, other times it can just be a spot of good luck (combined with good stats for your level of course).

I achieved my BD 10 about 1 month ago, I upgraded to level 9...and during the ~30 hours that the update was going on for I saved up enough (albeit I sold my level 10 Gnomish lab at the end to expedite the process, like I care about that) to start the BD10 upgrade straight away after...9 and 10 done within 48 hours.

I agree that a BD10 isn't what it once was, but as mentioned above, "most" players still get some use out of dragons.

Rastlin
04-05-2013, 07:06 AM
A little late in "unleashing the dragons" when most of them will now just be bench-warmers.
Thanks... Want to blow out the candles on my birthday cake too? :rolleyes:

TempusDA
04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Congrats :)

FlowerCat
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Jealous. I'm so tired of buying hydras.

Shinazueli
04-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Jealous. I'm so tired of buying hydras.

Just think of them as your down payment for dragons. :)

Mickeytah
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I agree that a BD10 isn't what it once was, but as mentioned above, "most" players still get some use out of dragons.

They are a great placeholder while earning indestructible units.

The Crusaders
04-05-2013, 10:53 PM
congratulation

wmkingiv
04-06-2013, 07:13 AM
20 hours and I'll have my dragons! Although they may be paper mâché during the guild wars, I'm still hoping they will provide a nice (albeit expensive) jump in stats

Seryna
04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Finally I can add my name to list of dragon owners...or will be in 35 hours. It was really hard...got attacked twice and had to sell 2 manors, a level 3 lender, and a brothel as well as 5 cannon towers but didn't want to risk it. And after a whole long day of raiding I was tired. Thanks to everyone's help on these forums. Couldn't have done it without all the advice from senior forum veterans. I think it is this goal and the adrenaline of being over vault that make this game so exciting. I started my run this morning and raided over 700,000 in 18 hours.

Although I have to say that with the addition of guilds and everyone raiding more often to raise money for their guild that getting bd10 is a whole lot harder and requires some different strategies than previously discussed. I will write more about this later though. Time for some much needed sleep, lol.

Brutus
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Don't think it's harder than before. You can only get attacked 12 times now and the upgrade cost is much lower due to guild bonuses.

Rastlin
04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Don't think it's harder than before. You can only get attacked 12 times now and the upgrade cost is much lower due to guild bonuses.
I agree. I made a few runs before the guilds and failed. With the Guilds, my costs went way down, and people could not take as much money from me since they couldn't attack me 20 times. I think it is way easier now. You can see my tips here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?51113-Tips-on-making-your-Breeding-Den-9-and-10-%28Dragons%29-runs