PDA

View Full Version : Question for the masses...

Lawyer
02-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I came across something interesting in my travels and thought I would share with the masses and see your reaction. The photo attached was snapped on a level 70 base... A look thru the players inventory revealed only recent battle for brazil top 1000 special units...no gold units.... No special boss units. The only thing odd was the pattern of having a quantity of 500 units of the highest stat units in each category. Also this player had a anniversary center at level 3 and an artic rig... Yet his IPH was just at 1 mill... Fights won 4k raids 2k ...

http://i50.tinypic.com/k0hxk1.jpg

Lawyer
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
FYI... I intentionally cropped the name from this pic...

BringIt
02-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey Lawyer,

I found someone similar to that. they were building an AC a couple days ago and had a lv 7 AC. The rest of their buildings were level 1 and didnt even have them all. must have hacked cause the AC was no longer available after Jan 19th. It doesnt take 3 weeks to build one...

Lawyer
02-05-2013, 08:29 PM
To the best of my knowledge, no one is suppose to be able to build 5 buildings at once without any special unit awards.

Ryans67
02-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Hacker,..just send a report.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I came across something interesting in my travels and thought I would share with the masses and see your reaction. The photo attached was snapped on a level 70 base... A look thru the players inventory revealed only recent battle for brazil top 1000 special units...no gold units.... No special boss units. The only thing odd was the pattern of having a quantity of 500 units of the highest stat units in each category. Also this player had a anniversary center at level 3 and an artic rig... Yet his IPH was just at 1 mill... Fights won 4k raids 2k ...

http://i50.tinypic.com/k0hxk1.jpg

Hmmm, ummmmm, hmmmmmm, I see.

Yes, a bit unusual.

I think you might be dealing with the newly, jail broken iOS 6 hack.

JMC
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I've seen people doing this hack like 10 months ago. Appears that some are doing it again.

Q Raider
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Reported a couple of these during the last PVP event.

Somewhere along the way I even got the details of the site to go to in order to get the info on how it was done and the likely problems to be encountered.

Also found a few under level 95 players with boss units requiring a minimum level of 95 through to 115 to access the map. Trying to be sneaky as only had one or two of each unit in their inventory.

Do wonder if Gree does an outright wipe of their game or if they get the errant buildings/units removed and a warning?

mistergreen
02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Almost as strange as the guy I came across yesterday. He was level 41 and his stats said his defense was around 9000 but when I attacked him, it came up as being over 4 million. WTF?!

camper killer
02-06-2013, 05:57 AM
all the things listed above are hackers and cheats. skill point and otherwise.

when in doubt screen cap all evidence and send it in ASAP.

Dutchie
02-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Would be nice if GREE could create a specific web page to report hackers considering the amount of these little script kiddies that are roaming around the MW Universe.

Good question Q, what is GREE's policy on hackers. Their T&Cs state clearly it is not tolerated, but what do they actually do with these accounts and what prevents these script kiddies from starting a new hacking account 5 minutes later? Can't they block the device from playing any GREE games in the future?

camper killer
02-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Would be nice if GREE could create a specific web page to report hackers considering the amount of these little script kiddies that are roaming around the MW Universe.

Good question Q, what is GREE's policy on hackers. Their T&Cs state clearly it is not tolerated, but what do they actually do with these accounts and what prevents these script kiddies from starting a new hacking account 5 minutes later? Can't they block the device from playing any GREE games in the future?

In a way they do. submit your ticket and follow up here:

http://games.gree-support.net/home

Make sure you create an account and keep the tickets updated and accurate.

Dutchie
02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
In a way they do. submit your ticket and follow up here:

http://games.gree-support.net/home

Make sure you create an account and keep the tickets updated and accurate.

Thanks for the link. I already have a support account with them, but surely with the recent influx of tickets, aren't the hacker tickets getting lost in this maelstrom of support tickets!?

Do they have a specific person or team that deals with these hacker tickets? It just doesn't seem that transparent and I see members complaining that they submitted a ticket with the details of the hacker, yet they still see them a week or two later with nothing apparently done in removing said hacker.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure GREE are trying to remove these hackers and no doubt when they remove one, another five new hackers replace them. Is this just a minor issue or is it escalating into a torrent of hackers over-running the game. This won't be the first game it has happened to whereby the developers just throw in the towel!

Time to go home now...

mikebarth1955
02-06-2013, 10:33 AM
The last hacker report I sent in received a response 10 days later, which is a lot longer than I was used to in the past. The standard response is essentially "we don't share the results of our investigations, but thanks for providing the information."

A couple of months ago, I reported a suspected hacker who had way too many rare drop loot items for the number of missions. I saw the same player a couple of weeks later, and the questionable items were no longer in his inventory and he was back to 10,000A/10,000D stats. I still see him occasionally, and as recently as last week, so the account is still active.

I suppose there may be a difference between "exploiting a glitch" and outright "hacking", although the distinction is lost on me.

I like Dutchie's suggestion, though, of a dedicated hacker-reporting system so that the tickets don't simply go into the pile with all the other stuff.