02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
20130205_3

Includes new "Street Life" Crates

montecore
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
So how are the crates?

chbranch
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
They are pretty much in line with the last crates available. Not bad at all.

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
There's a little more in here if you know what you're looking at ;)

TRAZ
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
There's a little more in here if you know what you're looking at ;)

Such as what? It's released content.

Ty1on
02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag65/Ty1onTX/Street_zpsbd0cf5db.jpg

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Such as what? It's released content.

Most of the stuff they added was unreleased content. I asked about this previously. If it's not ongoing right this minute - it's not "live".

mxz
02-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Anything in a dataset is content that's been released.

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Anything in a dataset is content that's been released.

Not according to CCM - he said to my face that anything that is not accessible is not considered live by the developers :/

SoccerStud
02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I agree with Pawn, there are new faction bonuses in the dataset that haven't been released yet (modern war)...

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I agree with Pawn, there are new faction bonuses in the dataset that haven't been released yet...

It's not even just that. Let's just say something that might be making a lot of Gold sales within the next few days. Everybody will find out tomorrow :p

mxz
02-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Not according to CCM - he said to my face that anything that is not accessible is not considered live by the developers :/If it's on the device it can be accessed. :)

In either case, are you talking about what looks like a collect-20 event?

montecore
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
If it's on the device it can be accessed. :)

I hope not. Hate those.

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
If it's on the device it can be accessed. :)

Nope, the thing I just PM'ed you. Touche though, you're correct on the dataset thing. What I'm referring to are images that aren't in the data currently as MXZ has re-instilled in me.

SoccerStud
02-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Sounds like syndicate but I don't think it is...

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Sounds like syndicate but I don't think it is...

Trust me, you'll know when you see the pop up. The first thing I thought of was "shut up and take my money" and I'm not even a gold spender D:

mxz
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Eh, plenty of time on that (also...not in the dataset)...

Just ran the odds on the collect-20 looking thing. Definitely harder to do than the collect-10s.

Without posting everything, if it works like a collect-10, you'll need to expect to open ~297 boxes successfully. By contrast, collect-10's you expect to need only ~79 successful opens.

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 08:32 PM

Just ran the odds on the collect-20 looking thing. Definitely harder to do than the collect-10s.

Without posting everything, if it works like a collect-10, you'll need to expect to open ~297 boxes successfully. By contrast, collect-10's you expect to need only ~79 successful opens.

Let me run some simulations of a leaderboard event and then a collect 10 event and I'll get back to that matter - but that sounds right in the ballpark.

What are you using as the theoretical open rate of the boxes?

CitrineMondeoRSi
02-06-2013, 12:52 AM
The first thing I thought of was "shut up and take my money" and I'm not even a gold spender D:

+1 to that... Must resist, must resist
*frantically scurries through Tapjoy on LLP device having spunked 60 on a crate last week...

haywood
02-06-2013, 05:05 AM
OMG you guys are killing me. I was gonna buy some new crates, but are you telling me I should hold off???? :)

Big Bad Wolf
02-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Sound like something exiting is about to happen around here!

mxz
02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Sound like something exiting is about to happen around here!I wouldn't call it exciting. It's a money grab.

Facasca
02-06-2013, 05:18 AM
Lucky???
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q482/Facasca/1B2F3413-DC58-4438-B6B2-9746AD104919-326-000000515DBDE505.jpg

bald zeemer
02-06-2013, 06:51 AM
These new crates are pretty damn awesome. I wasn't as lucky as Facasa, but did manage to pull a minigun on my first open. More importantly, there's a fairly handy explosive item. And the commons are equivalent of low rare/high uncommon from events.

I'm hoping we get a LE building for valentine's - I was out of internet range for Halloween and Thanksgiving, but the frostys have quickly become my favourite buildings.

realsavior
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Is the new event scheduled to kick-off when the boss event ends?

Ak Killah
02-06-2013, 10:51 AM
why all the secrecy just spill the beans

the_dude
02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
It is against forum policy and they may get b& for discussing unreleased info.

buddylee
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't call it exciting. It's a money grab.

I'll say it is. Just saw the splash screen. Wow

ciontis
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Gree is twiddling their thumbs with a HUGE smirk on their face right now. $$$

Terrible modifiers though...

cooch
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I'll say it is. Just saw the splash screen. Wow2367

So yes if you hold off buying at least one crate until event starts you get 4 for price of three. Yep, money grab, and they will grab some folks. Wonder if they are going to go with a 20 or 40% discount or none?

mxz
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Not even trying to hide the events as gold grabs anymore :rolleyes:

Anyone want to run the analysis on how much stats a box event could generate with those amounts of gold? I have a feeling these are bad "investments" on their own.

murf
02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Not even trying to hide the events as gold grabs anymore :rolleyes:

Anyone want to run the analysis on how much stats a box event could generate with those amounts of gold? I have a feeling these are bad "investments" on their own.

Yeah, you are probably right. But my guess is you will see increased spending if it's a collect 10 event this week. Now, you're guaranteed one prize with the shot at another. If it's collect-20, I'm not sure if you'll see that much more.

Peppers
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I have the same question as cooch...

Any of you prognosticators know if there's a gold sale soon?

PawnXIIX
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
See? Doesn't this sound like GREE is going to make tons of money off this deal?

cooch
02-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Just saw the splash screen. No discounts on gold. Probably an experiment from mktg to see how much real money is made on such events. I bet they finally figured out that crate spending went down with such loser awards. It should have jumped up last week with better awards.

Now they will see how much moola is spent with no sales then perhaps try a sale. My guess is that the % differential will be minimal but more buyers with a sale. Therefore for those competent programmers out there: Can they track this information down to this level in terms on tracking loyalty to spending gold vs discounts?

As a business Gree should only focus on consistent gold spenders and how to hook them into staying on...I think they ran bad events in last three months of last year mixed with better ones to demonstrate profitability potential.

PawnXIIX
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM

This is the open rates for the camera case event. Notice anything strange about the numbers?

{1.0, .9, .8, .7, .6, .5, .4, 1.0, 60.0/1010.0, .02}

I'll give you a hint.

Chance of getting lockbox item when item total is:
0: 100%
1: 90%
2: 80%
3: 70%
4: 60%
5: 50%
6: 40%
7: 100%
8: 5.94%
9: 2%

I got excited when I got number 8 right after I got number 7 - which had taken me about 15 tries to get. Now I understand exactly why this happened. Simulation is coming right after this post - I'm just writing it up quickly.

PawnXIIX
02-06-2013, 01:32 PM
According to what I'm reading when you have 7, and you go for the 8th open there is a 1000/1009 chance it will be an item IF you open it successfully. The free open was I think somewhere around maybe 30% chance if you're giving it that much leeway.

That chart is when you have X amount of the item you are collecting, you have y chance of the open giving you the item we are collecting.

The only thing spending gold and the in game cash on affects is the rate at which you open them. You can still expect the same item rate if you spend gold or open them for free.

...[and a logic error just crashed my IDE]

Ak Killah
02-06-2013, 02:03 PM
GreeD Really going for the squeeze

haywood
02-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I have the same question as cooch...

Any of you prognosticators know if there's a gold sale soon?

Typically its at the end of the month, like the 25th or so. I bought some Ammo crates way back and then bought some of the last crates because they were pretty good. I was thinking about getting some of the new Street Life crates as they are decent and I'd maybe spend a vault then looking at the fact that just 500 more would get me the Wild Ride and Aggressor Blade, but +1 respect from fights isn't very enticing to say the least as I have 154k respect point right now collecting dust. Then I think about the fact that I just got the AstroTurf Shredder (1000/825) AND Sharpened Cleats (170/230) for a whopping 110 gold it kinda makes these prizes look silly. I am gonna get a few crates though but don't see myself going "all out" for these. Pffff, the 10,000 gold is totally out of the question. I do like how they are offering new ideas and such but.........No

GQNammmer
02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
As a business Gree should only focus on consistent gold spenders and how to hook them into staying on...I think they ran bad events in last three months of last year mixed with better ones to demonstrate profitability potential.

Any business that focuses only on their current client base will at best maintain their profitability from one quarter to another but more than likely the sales will drop. Try telling your shareholders that all the products you're releasing is focused primarily on your current clientele.

gunny22
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Not even trying to hide the events as gold grabs anymore

Now look, there has been some serious whining here on the forum by people who didn't succeed in opening the final box, even by big gold spenders. This finally is a way to please these people: no more chance involved: you know the price, pay it or leave it.

cooch
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
According to what I'm reading when you have 7, and you go for the 8th open there is a 1000/1009 chance it will be an item IF you open it successfully. The free open was I think somewhere around maybe 30% chance if you're giving it that much leeway.

That chart is when you have X amount of the item you are collecting, you have y chance of the open giving you the item we are collecting.

The only thing spending gold and the in game cash on affects is the rate at which you open them. You can still expect the same item rate if you spend gold or open them for free.

...[and a logic error just crashed my IDE]

Thanks for the in-depth analysis and odds of getting the 10th. Odds must be much worse on collect 20

cooch
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Any business that focuses only on their current client base will at best maintain their profitability from one quarter to another but more than likely the sales will drop. Try telling your shareholders that all the products you're releasing is focused primarily on your current clientele.

Sorry, what I meant to say is I think the new mgmt wanted proof of value/mktg strategy after Funzio bought. Also were some of mktg staff or whomever creates events and revenue cut in layoffs? Any change of mgmt I've been associated with if they don't see the results they want they either ask for proof or try things another way. In this business they get answers pretty quickly.

You're right, they need to hook new players and keep the paying ones happy, your guess as good as mine or better if they are succeeding. This current event is definitely a test ballon

And by the way if you interpreted my msg as current clientele you are wrong. New players that spend (wouldn't you on this new event to catch up or be on top of your level if you had $$) will latch on as well as the current spenders. Yes if you don't focus on the paying customers and keep the freebie/freeloaders happy you got some 'splaining to do to mgmt team. Consistent gold spenders means anyone willing to spend from Day 1 and beyond if you were confused with statement.

PawnXIIX
02-06-2013, 07:34 PM
On the note of my findings, assuming that the opening rate is 50% will get you all 10 items in 50 or so opens on average.

That was using the data for the camera case.

This was the racing engine odds by engines owned:

3: 70.11%
6: 40.18%
7: 30.21%
8: 30.21%
9+: 30.21%

murf
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
On the note of my findings, assuming that the opening rate is 50% will get you all 10 items in 50 or so opens on average.

That was using the data for the camera case.

This was the racing engine odds by engines owned:

3: 70.11%
6: 40.18%
7: 30.21%
8: 30.21%
9+: 30.21%

Can you post the distribution of your results? The cumulative distribution function would be nice to see. Cool analysis....

PawnXIIX
02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Can you post the distribution of your results? The cumulative distribution function would be nice to see. Cool analysis....

Whew that might take a while... :p

GQNammmer
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Sorry, what I meant to say is I think the new mgmt wanted proof of value/mktg strategy after Funzio bought. Also were some of mktg staff or whomever creates events and revenue cut in layoffs? Any change of mgmt I've been associated with if they don't see the results they want they either ask for proof or try things another way. In this business they get answers pretty quickly.

You're right, they need to hook new players and keep the paying ones happy, your guess as good as mine or better if they are succeeding. This current event is definitely a test ballon

And by the way if you interpreted my msg as current clientele you are wrong. New players that spend (wouldn't you on this new event to catch up or be on top of your level if you had $$) will latch on as well as the current spenders. Yes if you don't focus on the paying customers and keep the freebie/freeloaders happy you got some 'splaining to do to mgmt team. Consistent gold spenders means anyone willing to spend from Day 1 and beyond if you were confused with statement.

Fair enough. I'm no mktg major but in my opinion, Gree would not benefit by offering a sale on due to this new "event" if you want to even call it that. The players who are willing to spend 2000+ gold aren't going to make their decision on spending if there's a sale or not. More than likely this event is more of a gold dump for players sitting on massive amounts of gold already.

thevlad
02-08-2013, 05:23 AM
The players who are willing to spend 2000+ gold aren't going to make their decision on spending if there's a sale or not. .
Dude.... if there was a gold sale event I'd spend 10 000..... if there isnt I would spend 2000 max...
so all in all... there is a benefit to Gree if they had a gold sale...

I'm not a heavy spender so to speak but I have gotten the 10 vault bonus and the 5 vault bonus before (all during sales)
10 vault during the 40% and 5 during the 20%.

I take it you dont spend at all?

The only statement I agree with is that the event is a gold dump sale.
buy gold... spend it instantly
Have gold? now your not saving for that next event and instead your spending.
After you're done spending... come back for more :)

PawnXIIX
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
If you were going to spend 10000 gold then you'd also be eligible for the gold spender bonuses when you had bought your 10,000 gold.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40100-Gold-bonus-program&highlight=Gold+Spender+Bonus