PDA

View Full Version : iPad Crashes Constantly

SlashRacer
02-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a 1st generation iPad with iOS 5.1.1, that crashes constantly with Modern War. I have been dealing with it since the last upgrade and am at the end of my rope.

Anyone else with 1st generation iPad having these issues? Anyone know a fix?

HoneyBadger2
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I am having the same issue. Seems to always crash when I find someone over vault.

SlashRacer
02-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Crashes when I am posting on someones wall, crashes when I attack someone, crashes when I purchase units, crashes when I view the faction.

It's a constant crash and annoying as hell!

Q Raider
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Yep, same issues.

The problem appears to be memory related and I doubt there is a fix outside of getting a newer iPad.......as far as I can determine the latest update means I can no longer play the game I developed over the past year...

I have been playing around for several weeks trying different things, the only two aspects of the game which are reasonably stable are the base screen and the PVE environment.

If the newsfeed icon is being displayed then you can expect a crash pretty much every couple of minutes as it seems to operate on a timer cycle. You cannot hold requests on your system, the game will crash.

Going to a highly developed base will often cause the game to crash, trying to attack or raid wil certainly do so.

If you do find a base to attack then it is likely to crash if one of several sets of circumstances occur.

The most annoying being that if you get a payout of more than $100,000 but either an event box, a unit, a lump of concrete appears or you lose a unit it will crash.

If you see a unit lost and go to check what it is, you get to the bottom and a lost unit also pops up on their side the game will hang, then crash.

If you are raiding buildings or hitting the opponents avatar and five items drop (eg Cash, XP, BP, Valor, Brick) then it will crash almost every time, add a unit gain and it definitely will.

If you try to check either your or an opponents inventory then it is likely to crash. Sometimes this seems to be more attributable to a "sweep" coming through every few minutes which I assume is something to do with the siren going off if your newsfeed icon is on the screen. Other times it is when you get towards the "edge" of one of the Inventory types, you reverse direction, or you change tabs without letting things "settle down" for ten seconds or so.

You can join a faction and can get to all but the forum screen with reasonable reliability, but try to post on the forum and it will almost certainly crash on the first attempt, the second time you usually can get in and post, but not always.

Mustang101n
02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I had the same problem...soooo annoying. I emailed funzio who promptly requested a crash report, which I never sent (shame on me I know)...ultimately I bought an iPhone and transferred my game.
Of course now I started a new game on my gen 1 iPad..(only after I had done a complete system restore) funny enough, my iPad seems to work better now? I do wonder if it is a memory issue because I'm only a level 5 with few buildings. Easier to computer I would think...

Regards!

Warz
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Fix my ipad mw plz and sign my mouse pad plz

Tuke
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome to android world:), thank god android sucks only at this game.

rce
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Lol, please, us android users have been dealing with that since day one!

SlashRacer
02-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Yep, same issues.

The problem appears to be memory related and I doubt there is a fix outside of getting a newer iPad.......as far as I can determine the latest update means I can no longer play the game I developed over the past year...

I have been playing around for several weeks trying different things, the only two aspects of the game which are reasonably stable are the base screen and the PVE environment.

If the newsfeed icon is being displayed then you can expect a crash pretty much every couple of minutes as it seems to operate on a timer cycle. You cannot hold requests on your system, the game will crash.

Going to a highly developed base will often cause the game to crash, trying to attack or raid wil certainly do so.

If you do find a base to attack then it is likely to crash if one of several sets of circumstances occur.

The most annoying being that if you get a payout of more than $100,000 but either an event box, a unit, a lump of concrete appears or you lose a unit it will crash.

If you see a unit lost and go to check what it is, you get to the bottom and a lost unit also pops up on their side the game will hang, then crash.

If you are raiding buildings or hitting the opponents avatar and five items drop (eg Cash, XP, BP, Valor, Brick) then it will crash almost every time, add a unit gain and it definitely will.

If you try to check either your or an opponents inventory then it is likely to crash. Sometimes this seems to be more attributable to a "sweep" coming through every few minutes which I assume is something to do with the siren going off if your newsfeed icon is on the screen. Other times it is when you get towards the "edge" of one of the Inventory types, you reverse direction, or you change tabs without letting things "settle down" for ten seconds or so.

You can join a faction and can get to all but the forum screen with reasonable reliability, but try to post on the forum and it will almost certainly crash on the first attempt, the second time you usually can get in and post, but not always.

You summed it up pretty good. Now how do I add memory to this iPad. I know......it's not possible.

SlashRacer
02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
After getting fed up with the 5+ crashes per hour, I broke down and purchased an iPad mini(16gb). My game has not crashed since I transferred the game to the mini.

Agent Orange
02-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah it's the iPad 1st generation. I wound up upgrading to a refurbished 2 and that solved all my crashing problems. I think the problem as stated is memory and the larger the rivals base you are opening the higher the probability of it filling the buffer and blowing up the iPad.

I put an ULLP on my old iPad and at the lower levels it doesn't barf as constantly as when it was running my L190 player.

Cricket
02-10-2013, 11:38 AM
I had the same problem for a long while with my ipad. Nothing seemed to fix it. I ended up just switching to my iPhone and I haven't had a problem since. I suggest switching to another platform if possible. other than that, i've found that when attacking, click to player instead of the raid/attack again option. It doesn't solve all the problems but it allows you to get more hits in before the crash. When using this method, make sure to pick everything up after each attempt to minimize the movement and different pixels being loaded.
I wish there would have been an easier way to fix this but theres not much you can do.

Dutchie
02-10-2013, 03:52 PM
If I remember correctly, the iPad 1 only had 256MB memory and with the iPad2 it was increased to 512MB. I think the latest generation has 1GB, but I would need to check that :)