PDA

View Full Version : Gree, We’re looking forward to Syndicates but there’s always room for improvement.

The Billionaire
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Gree,

With the release of Syndicates you have an opportunity to revitalise some areas of Crime City and make Syndicates a lot better than Factions is in MW.

After talking to some of your biggest spenders and most active players we would like to make a couple of suggestions for you to consider.

Everyone is looking forward to Syndicates but those who play MW feel there is still a lot of room for improvement, this is how:

1.) Please don’t make the main event 5 days long like it was in MW. It’s too long, becomes tedious and clashes with real life. Ideally the Main Event should be 3 days long and run from Friday to Sunday so that players don’t have to fit it in around working days.

2.) Increase the number of hits available during a war. Free players will only be able to do a maximum of 7 hits during the 1 hour time limit and to be honest it becomes a bit boring waiting an hour for your health to regenerate just for 3 hits.
I’m surprised you’re not using the Boss Event format whereby a single hit uses 25 health points or however many health points you have left if you don’t have 25. This format will make it much more interactive for the free player.

3.) Reduce the cost of the health refills, 25 gold bars is well over priced especially as it only gives your 4 hits. Everyone has a budget as to how much they can spend on this game and with the prizes on offer they will spend their budget. Surely you want your customers to enjoy spending their money and feel they’re getting value for money as they would if they get 8 hits for 20 gold rather than 4 hits for 25 gold.

4.) When war is declared make it visible to the rest of the syndicate which player declared war. This stops nuisance players in a group ruining the syndicates’ strategy.

5.) Make sure the fights page during the war works. Whenever my faction was at war it only displayed the number of wins/losses for the player that had most recently done some attacks.

6.) Add some value for winning a war. Currently there’s no benefit to a syndicate for winning a war which devalues the teamwork aspect of the content.

7.) Have some sort of records page to show who donated what money and blocks. This will enable Syndicates to see who the free rollers are and their lack of contribution.

8.) For pre events have some sort of counter so the Syndicate can see how many wins they currently have. This will make pre events much more competitive and players will be more likely to spend gold which is right up your street :D

Lastly and probably what I consider to be the most important suggestion……
Use Syndicates to give RP some sort of value again. Respect Points have become worthless to the majority of players now so have some sort of syndicate bonus that can be purchased with RP.

Just our thoughts but remember the customer is always right haha

Paulio
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
And this is why you were voted Crime City Legend.

+1

Hotlips
02-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi Bill, if you start a syndicate group, I would like to join :-)

Quirt
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
+1

And Gree could send you (The Billionaire) some GOLD as a Thank-you for helping them make a good game better.

mattcope
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Crime city king!!! always love your posts billionaire thanks for all your hard work always a pleasure

Beardy
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
All sound like good points. Thanks Bill

TEG
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, great suggestions.

To go along with the "show who decalred war", perhaps it should require more than one player to activate?

For instance, one player hits the button then everyone else is notified that a war has been requested and someone then clicks "I second that!" before it actually activates.

Coladonato
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
..........+2

Dr BoneCrusher
02-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Everything sounds great, I hope they hear you!

TRAZ
02-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Seems like fortifications or the equivalent if brought here could use some work as well. Are they like the consumable explosives?...LOL

Big Bad Wolf
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Like button

AK-47
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
are you kidding?? +1, +2..... psssh more like +3762511792229771

Thanks Bill, I really really really really hope they hear you.

Boom
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I like it but I HIGHLY doubt they'll look at this and put it in...

AK-47
02-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I like it but I HIGHLY doubt they'll look at this and put it in...
We can dream at least Boom lol

procsyzarc
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Although I know where you are coming from I would disagree with number 3, reason being by adding more value to gold use makes the free players contribution even less significant than it is currently ie 4 hours of free hits can be purchased with 20 gold as opposed to 1 hour’s worth. I think everyone somewhat agrees with point 1 but by having a shorter event it also makes free players less significant because as you said everyone has a budget weather it is 2 days or 5 they will spend the same amount of gold, the longer the event the higher portion will be made up from free hits and the more worthwhile those free hits will be.

I think the biggest disappointment about BFB was it ended up being pretty much an auction event for teams and all strategies people were planning went out the window in the first hour when people realized it was just an auction. Would love to see it be more about strategy and teamwork but as that doesn’t help profits I don’t see it happening.

The Billionaire
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your support everyone, sometimes i wish i worked for Gree because i'd just sit on the forums all day and listen to you guys. Anything i didn't like the sound of would lead to me getting the ban hammer out lol

And this is why you were voted Crime City Legend.

+1

Haha, i didn't get your vote though ;)

Hi Bill, if you start a syndicate group, I would like to join :-)

I'm already in a syndicate Hotlips so i won't be starting one of my own.

Yes, great suggestions.

To go along with the "show who decalred war", perhaps it should require more than one player to activate?

For instance, one player hits the button then everyone else is notified that a war has been requested and someone then clicks "I second that!" before it actually activates.

In MW any faction member can declare war that's why it would be nice to see who did it

Seems like fortifications or the equivalent if brought here could use some work as well. Are they like the consumable explosives?...LOL

Fortifications can be levelled up to level 10 and then during a war if they are broken down your team earns double points. The fortification is consumed at the end of the war whether it was broken down or not so yea they are similar to consumable explosives.

We can dream at least Boom lol

Yep thats all we ever do but i thought this one was worth a try.

buddylee
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Looking forward to the syndicate starting. Billionaire, I hope they see and implement your changes.

Has anyone replaced CCMark? Just curious if anyone would be passing this along.

Paulio
02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Lol, you didn't need my vote. You know I love you.

mxz
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Are you tied to the public shaming of who declared war? Why not just make it so only the leader or an officer can declare war? Much easier to program and accomplishes the same thing.

Paulio
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Mxz, that would mean that war can only be declared wheb the leader is awake. Some factions fight 24/7

mxz
02-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Mxz, that would mean that war can only be declared wheb the leader is awake. Some factions fight 24/7If the leader doesn't feel as though anyone in their faction is responsible enough to be an officer, I'd recommend a new faction (or new leader).

emcee
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Nice post Bill +1.

MXZ has a good point allowing only officers declare war. A leader can select a number of officers based on different time zones to be able to effectively fight 24/7.

If its an easier coding issue this may be the way to go but being able to track who actually declared war regardless of faction rank would be nice as well.

Possible suggestion would be a multiplier applied at the end of the event based on overall win/loss ratio x total WD points which would account for a greater effort in maintaining a winning record.

HenryVIII
02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
I was thinking, gree could have syndicate box events...

Everyone who successfully opens a box and receives "rocket" or whatever to go toward the good stuff gets pooled and then, when the amounts are reached for each tier of item, the whole syndicate receives said item.

For example: if it takes 50 items to recieve first prize, a faction of 10 would each open 5 boxes. Or a faction of 50 would each open 1 box. And so on until the final prize is won, or auction event ends.

Auxilium
02-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Great suggestions! Would be a shame if they ignored it.

AppleMacGuy
02-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Gree,

With the release of Syndicates you have an opportunity to revitalise some areas of Crime City and make Syndicates a lot better than Factions is in MW.

After talking to some of your biggest spenders and most active players we would like to make a couple of suggestions for you to consider.

Everyone is looking forward to Syndicates but those who play MW feel there is still a lot of room for improvement, this is how:

<SNIP>

Right on the money Billionaire with a great post! :D

Tomatoneverdie
02-05-2013, 05:04 AM
I was thinking, gree could have syndicate box events...

Everyone who successfully opens a box and receives "rocket" or whatever to go toward the good stuff gets pooled and then, when the amounts are reached for each tier of item, the whole syndicate receives said item.

For example: if it takes 50 items to recieve first prize, a faction of 10 would each open 5 boxes. Or a faction of 50 would each open 1 box. And so on until the final prize is won, or auction event ends.

Faction/Syndicate box events, that sounds like a fun team event. Great addition to Bill's list.

doomnosee
02-05-2013, 05:14 AM
One more suggestion Billionnaire, and I think probably the most important one: make sure the scoreboard works! spending $500+ only to have a glitch lose 20% of your points is frustrating, having to spend ages putting together email with 50 odd screenshots, then waiting weeks for a reply is frustrating to say the least!! especially when it costs you a top 100 place!

buddylee
02-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Does Gree still have eyes on the forum? Is CJ45 still around, does anyone know?

KidWiz
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Nice Post and so the developers should read this. I have some more comments / suggestions:

4.) When war is declared make it visible to the rest of the syndicate which player declared war. This stops nuisance players in a group ruining the syndicates’ strategy.

6.) Add some value for winning a war. Currently there’s no benefit to a syndicate for winning a war which devalues the teamwork aspect of the content.

To 4: I also suggest a activity page where all actions of all members are visible, currently involved in a war.
-> Thus for example, who declared war
-> The health bar of each member and a protocol what actions were performed by each member. Thus everyone can see who is participating and what he / she has done
-> so after a war one can analyse what was OK or what has to be inproved

To 6: this is true. My suggestion is something like 10% bonus on the battle points actualy won during a fight

Also there should be a messaging system where a leader could give orders to other members etc.

Regards,
KidWiz

procsyzarc
02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Does Gree still have eyes on the forum? Is CJ45 still around, does anyone know?

On the MW forum he is very active but don't see amyone on the other 3 games forum

Luciferianism
02-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Apparently it's just about ready and 'coming soon' so they probably wouldn't delay it and go to all the effort, even if it wasn't ready they'd most likely ignore this like the millions of other player suggestions *cough* confirm button when spending gold *cough*

td2
02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Excellent suggestions!

marshmall
02-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I cant more then agree to Billionare and if gee is smart they earn more $$ on listening to suggestions like this.
Also dont push out beta-versions to android and then suppose they will pay for this.
Esp when droid ppl grows in ammount and support on the system seems flawed.... And no "i wont get a fruit-phone cause they suxx" , so im looking forward to Syndicate but if its a beta then i drop my gold spending pants asap and better spend it elsewhere....

Daswi
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm gonna talk to the design team later today to get these ideas implemented into the game.

Now that is the power of the forum!!!

Chips
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Very good suggestions, I'd be happy if it just works as intended. Pissing into the wind comes to mind while reading this thread. The only thing I disagree with is the Friday through Sunday times, as I get to these games only a couple times over the weekend, play mostly during the week. Obviously, the timing preference is completely different for each player, and if all the big spenders say weekends, so be it.

As I said, nice work, I'd just assume they put the time into proper testing of the basics before fine tuning. I don't think they'll do either.

Ak Killah
02-06-2013, 10:56 AM
excellent post

stu_pidaso
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
would be nice to have some sort of notification of who in your Syndicate is actually online. Would make declaring war more efficient if you know more members are online and able to assist.

Accepting High level High doner Syndicate members

Syndicate number 402 759 975

Mafia number 783 754 773

KansasMac
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
7.) Have some sort of records page to show who donated what money and blocks. This will enable Syndicates to see who the free rollers are and their lack of contribution.

This is what I would like to have most. Great post!

groovdog
03-08-2013, 11:40 AM
they'd most likely ignore this like the millions of other player suggestions *cough* confirm button when spending gold *cough* Would love to know the dollars and cents of the total gold/gems/etc spent on all their games due to mistakes not being able to be corrected via something like a confirm button.

(CCK) Cam
03-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Yes, great suggestions.

For instance, one player hits the button then everyone else is notified that a war has been requested and someone then clicks "I second that!" before it actually activates. Yeah everybody should be on then you start a war. Here should be 5 or more people starting war like a group that's ready.

(CCK) Cam
03-29-2013, 07:15 AM
This is what I would like to have most. Great post!
Yeah look on Kansas' post and the Billionare and him are right. Some people are free loaders and you don't want them in your syndicate.

minji976
03-29-2013, 12:37 PM
9) In Midtown Takeover, we were not able to declare another war at 10 minutes before the event ends. So please tell us when will be the cutover time that war can not be declared, so we can plan ahead properly

1337bobbarker
03-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Oh man, such awesome suggestions.

It was really frustrating in the last war as our Syndicate, being rag-tag as it was, that we were only to get as far as we did because a few people spent quite a bit of money to power attack, refill, and power attack again to expose the rest of the Syndicate for the free players. Once their funds ran out though, we started to lose our place, fast.

I play quite a bit, but haven't resorted to dumping tons of money into the game and would love to continue to be a (mostly) free player if possible. A lot of these suggestions would help to accomplish that.

the_brein
03-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I'd like to see an ability to remove a player from your syndicate during the event. You shouldn't be able to add any players obviously, but if you have a disruptive player...

soggy
03-29-2013, 05:09 PM
apologies if this not the appropriate thread to post to but can't start my own thread.

what are the syndicate bonuses that are most valuable. we're considering hideout health assuming that it allowed for a faster regen like in modern war but that's not the case? what does hideout health do and is there anything similar to health regen like in modern war? what is your faction targeting?

thanks!

Facasca
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Excellent!!!!

bald zeemer
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Influence point boost is by far the most valuable syndicate bonus.

Durzo666
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
great suggestions! Gree listen to him!

soggy
03-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Can someone please confirm for me what the bonuses mean for hideout health and hideout damage? i've heard mixed things that hideout health is similar to health regen in modern war while others have explained it to be the strength of your wall and how hard it is for opposing team to take it down. does crime city not have the equivalent bonus of health regen like in modern war? thanks in advance for the help.

bald zeemer
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
There are currently no health regen bonuses in CC.

The hideout health mods are increasing the power of your hideout/wall.

(CCK) Cam
03-31-2013, 06:46 PM

The hideout health mods are increasing the power of your hideout/wall. yeah it adds more health to your syndicate, sp it takes longer to take down, or more damage so the hideouts easier to take down.

soggy
03-31-2013, 07:53 PM
appreciate the help zeemer, many thanks

The hideout health mods are increasing the power of your hideout/wall.

BBQ
04-01-2013, 04:18 AM
fully agree. the billionaire always knows best!

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Still good suggestions!

Wonder what happened to them?

I like the syn box event.

Ntggamer
07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
WHY VILE WHY YOU BRING IT BACK YOU KNOW THEY WILL LISTEN *cough cough*not*cough cough*

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
They listen. :)

Ntggamer
07-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Name one time