PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Experience this? - (screenshot) -Lost Anvs Build from being too tall?

1brent1
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Anyone Else Experience this? - Lost/stuck Anvs Building from being too tall?
Below is a screenshot of the Very Highest Point of my Base all the way zoomed out. (you'll need to scroll Image right) Notice my little Army guy, he can't move up anymore becasue my Anvs Build is stuck there.

I created a Support Ticket (#325469) almost a month ago and still not resolved. I'm hoping by posting this here it might speed things up, CJ your help is greatly appreciated!

Its frustrating because I need to be able to collect from it in order to save for Arctic Mining Rig.

I also had a very frustrating time having to go back and forth on this with Support. Would of saved me a couple hours on trying to explain each time if they would just take their time and read my early responses. I would go in depth explaining the problem over and over, trying to word it differently each time so they might understand this time, had to do this six times. I would finally get a reply back many days later all excited I might have my Building back and they would only write over and over "I have just confirmed that your Anniversary buildings are currently on your base". Errrh....time to spent another 30mins trying to reword and respond, knowing its going to go several more days. Imagine doing this over and over for many weeks.

http://64.33.13.17/temp/mdw-stuck-build-example2.jpg

SuperSonic Chimp
02-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Have you tried just moving the building?

1brent1
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Have you tried just moving the building?

There's no way move it because you can't Select it. I get message saying my energy is already full or nothing at all. I tried over a hundred times for weeks thinking it just might work this time.

I'm able to Select and Move the Visible one to the right just find, because I'm able to touch higher up on the building where its required to Select it (move). If I touch lower down on the building it does nothing.

bbprofitz
02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
lol you are screwed!

spitfire
02-04-2013, 10:46 AM
there is something wrong with touch collabration on my device after PVP started. Whenever I click on a building i am about to raid, the yellow border highlights go to another building. Even if I zoom in, its still no use.

goldenarchie
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
no I dont have that problem...wish i did, but no!

Peppers
Brent, your graphic is awesome :) Send support a link to this thread.

I also have my AC in that top corner, and it disappears until I move my screen way down. You must have that square all the way at the edge of your base so it is impossible to move it into view.

LOL, good luck getting it fixed!

kguittar
i had the same issue with not being able to raid certain buildings b/c of the touch thing. Sucks for your anniversary tower, hopefully gree can do something for you but it might take a while.

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Brent, your graphic is awesome :) Send support a link to this thread.

I also have my AC in that top corner, and it disappears until I move my screen way down. You must have that square all the way at the edge of your base so it is impossible to move it into view.

LOL, good luck getting it fixed!

That corner FUNG SHUI is not good :D

TEG
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
That is funny because that is exactly where I planned to put mine if I ever could afford one (but didn't).
I would have probably had the same problem.
As it stands, I have two nanotech factories there... They work fine, although you can't see the cash icons when they are ready.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2360

You don't actually need to click on the cash icon to collect. Anywhere on the building seems to work.

Khimsoo
02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I encountered it before. Try transferring your account to a iOS with different screen size (eg iPhone4 to 5 or iPad or iPad mini). Zoom in and u will be able to see and move the building.

TEG
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Overall what is the best device to use for the game? iPhone 4? iPhone5? iPad? iPad Mini?
Does it display properly on all of the different screen sizes?

1brent1
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
You don't actually need to click on the cash icon to collect. Anywhere on the building seems to work.

Doesn't work like that for Anniversary buildings. Sure wish it did!

1brent1
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I encountered it before. Try transferring your account to a iOS with different screen size (eg iPhone4 to 5 or iPad or iPad mini). Zoom in and u will be able to see and move the building.

I only have iPhone 5.
Also the resolution is the same for both iPhone 4 & 5 so wouldn't help if problem originally happen on iPhone 4.
Thanks for trying to help though.

TEG
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I thought iPhone 5 has a taller screen with more vertical resolution (well horizontal when you turn it sideways for the game.) Does the game not fill the screen on iPhone5? I use iPhone 4S...

SoccerStud
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Did you try deleting the game and reinstalling?

1brent1
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Does the game not fill the screen on iPhone5? I use iPhone 4S...
Correct, doesn't fit the screen on iPhone 5. That's why you see the dead black space on the sides of my screenshot.

1brent1
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Did you try deleting the game and reinstalling?
Yes, Many times.

Khimsoo
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Deleting doesn't help. I am sure transferring to iPad helps.

Alaska Ken
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I feel for you, that must suck. Like others suggested I would find someone with an iPad and temporally transfer your game, move the building, then transfer it back. Hope you get it resolved, your screenshot with descriptions is great.

1brent1
02-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I feel for you, that must suck. Like others suggested I would find someone with an iPad and temporally transfer your game, move the building, then transfer it back. Hope you get it resolved, your screenshot with descriptions is great.

Unfortinetly I don't know anyone with a iPad and have no plans on getting one. Even though I could of bought at least 10 of them from the amount of gree gold I bought in the last year+

I sent CJ a PM, hopefully he can help.

I did the drawn out screenshot out of frustration having to explain it over and over so many times to Support and them not understand.

iMinaya
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
All you have to do is scroll above where it stands. This happens but just keep scrolling all the way up and zoom out from the map. It should work.

Yankster
02-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Not that this is related but I've been farming for units and I haven't been getting them awarded after completing the goal which pays them out... I've sent tickets in and done over 6000 missions but only maybe 1 out of 8 times I'd get a unit awarded... This would impact my stats pretty severely too though right? I've also wiped out my device loaded a fresh install of MW and also updated the OS... Still the same problem.. I even went as far as transferring the game to my buddy's device and same thing... To end it I bought a new ipad and still same thing.... I only get awarded the financial bonus but never the unit... I posted here cause I can't start a new thread... Any help would be great...

Thanks,

Yankster....

1brent1
02-05-2013, 04:34 AM
All you have to do is scroll above where it stands. This happens but just keep scrolling all the way up and zoom out from the map. It should work.

My screenshot in original post is Zoomed all the way out and scrolled as high as possible. Sure wish it would of been that easy.
That does work for my 2nd Anvs Building that you see to the right in my screenshot, you can only see it when zoomed out all the way and scrolled up as far as possible like seen in screenshot.

Tournai
02-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Whahaha how many Phone line do you need? TEG, all connected to allies right?

Great shot btw, and its true, its not always that you have to press the money icon.

1brent1
02-05-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm suddenly unable to see the bottom tip of the Building Cash Payout Icon thats seen just above my blue energy bar in screenshot below. However I didn't get the 4.4mil payout for it though. I'm hoping its being worked on finally. Fingers Crossed!

Captain Steelman
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I hope Gree fix that for you... Those ACīs is expensive and I guess you would like to collect that money... But from the bright side, nobody is going to raid that building and I guess thatīs the reason why you put it in the corner far away from the center of your base... :-)

TEG
02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
That was my plan with the nanotech centers too, way off in the corner, but they still get raided sometimes.
Some people are persistent!

Captain Steelman
02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Yes I know. And as for my self I always check the rivals IPH and if it gives any indication that there should be some high cash producing buildings in the base I look everywhere...

1brent1
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks for trying to help CJ but what ever you did Im still have the problem. I even tried delete app and reinstalling. See new screenshot. the building must still be there since i can't move anything in the that spot. Please help. Sorry to sound frustrated, I've had to reply back to your people at least 7 times now saying still have problem after being told otherwise.

Kindest Regards,
Brent

http://64.33.13.17/temp/IMG_3261.PNG

1brent1
02-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I did notice I can see the bottom tip of the cash collect icon again like its ready for payout. Man I wish I could of been collecting from it the past 3+ weeks! Would like to get arctic mining rig.

Revenge
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
most of us dump 100's to 1000's a month into the game lets start a 1brent1 relief fund to get him an Ipad. Might be faster then a fix with support from what you said. Man i feel for you what a bummer. If i happen to find an ipad laying around my department i'll fire ya a PM. We just donated a bunch to a school after upgrading a few months back.

1brent1
02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
I sure hope people see this post and never put their taller valuable buildings in that "spot of death" or "spot of no support".

Thank you Revenge for your kind words and thoughtful gesture. I'm at the point where I am starting to lose interest in the game over this taking so long. Even after investing thousands myself. I know my wife and kids sure would be happy if i threw in the towel.

Maybe someone with an iPad can get me a screen shot of the top of my base zoomed all the way out. Seeing if my stuck Anvs building appears and maybe possible to Select it. Invite ID: 640 530 644 User: Bad Boy B

Here's screenshots again of what I see. Notice first screenshot below (from today) how I can not move any other building in that spot.

http://64.33.13.17/temp/IMG_3265s.gif

No NWO
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
sorry, Bad Boy B. Very bad news, Ipad funding won't help you, I just checked your base on ipad2 latest MW build. I can see fully zoomed out, your communication centers, next to the armories. Top space is empty, Can't select anything or raid as we are allied. What I tried is let my general walk on your property where the AC should be which is not possible ;-) Knowing that the footprint of the AC is really small, I can now tell you that it must be on the very top corner where ny geberal stopped walking...

No NWO
02-06-2013, 10:13 AM
thinking about this feature again I am considering placing my composite factory there :-)

1brent1
02-06-2013, 10:50 AM
sorry, Bad Boy B. Very bad news, Ipad funding won't help you, I just checked your base on ipad2 latest MW build. I can see fully zoomed out, your communication centers, next to the armories. Top space is empty, Can't select anything or raid as we are allied. What I tried is let my general walk on your property where the AC should be which is not possible ;-) Knowing that the footprint of the AC is really small, I can now tell you that it must be on the very top corner where ny geberal stopped walking...

I really appreciate your time looking into this for me. Unfortunately out of options now. Time to start building a nice music collection with all the $100 itunes giftcards I bought on sale the past 2 weeks for this game.

TEG
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
thinking about this feature again I am considering placing my composite factory there :-)

I think the problem/feature only happens/works for really tall buildings.
I have a nanotech center there, and even though the cash icon is off the top of the screen I can still collect and see the building below (with the roof cropped off)