PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Explosives Loss Rate

travwienerbobby
02-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Has anyone else been having this problem? For my camper account which is 110,000 attack and 118,000 defense at level 60 I have been losing my remaining snowball, toilet paper, turkey and footballs at a ridiculously high rate. Today alone I have lost 8 explosives and most of them to players with 6,000 to 8,000 attack.

How am I losing my explosives to someone with 110,000 attack less than my defense and why only my best explosives, never one of the 1,000 stun grenades that I bought to protect my good equipment?

Of course Gree will never answer a question so I have to ask it here.

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Explosives for the PvP events are 100%. If you use them in the calculation - they will be consumed.

This sounds like a person with a skill point hack if you're losing them to those people.

How many different people attacked you?

Hero of Time
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I know how you feel! I have 72k attack and just lost one to someone with 16k defense!

SoccerStud
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Considering the explosive consume rate says high, that sounds about right

Hero of Time
02-03-2013, 07:23 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous! It just won't let me have more than 60 of them at once! Seriously I win a fight and get Pigskin #61 and then I lose one and go back to 60 the very next fight! :mad:

travwienerbobby
02-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I know how you feel! I have 72k attack and just lost one to someone with 16k defense!

Hero of our time, yeah thats bad but even still its only 56,000 gap and I have had 5 different people (one guy three times now) all with stats in the 6,000-8,000 range compared to my 119,000 defense so only 1/20th my stats consistantly destroying my explosives in attacks and robberies. You are right though you should definitely not be losing explosive to those people either. I'm sorry but if someone has less than 50% (or at the very least 35-40%) of your statistics SHOULD NOT EXPEND your explosives.

Hero of Time
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I agree. I also noticed that on my camper account if I attack someone with over 1k defense, I'll lose an explosive even though I have 8k attack.

The Billionaire
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Hero of our time, yeah thats bad but even still its only 56,000 gap and I have had 5 different people (one guy three times now) all with stats in the 6,000-8,000 range compared to my 119,000 defense so only 1/20th my stats consistantly destroying my explosives in attacks and robberies. You are right though you should definitely not be losing explosive to those people either. I'm sorry but if someone has less than 50% (or at the very least 35-40%) of your statistics SHOULD NOT EXPEND your explosives.

What are your attack defence stats without any bonus explosives? (TP's, Turkey's, Snowballs, Pigskins etc)

kimberleyj
02-03-2013, 07:55 PM
i have the same problem with my camper account , i attack people with 2k lower def and i still loose them

Ericinico
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I lose more than I get. It's a vicious cycle.

murf
02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Has anyone else been having this problem? For my camper account which is 110,000 attack and 118,000 defense at level 60 I have been losing my remaining snowball, toilet paper, turkey and footballs at a ridiculously high rate. Today alone I have lost 8 explosives and most of them to players with 6,000 to 8,000 attack.

How am I losing my explosives to someone with 110,000 attack less than my defense and why only my best explosives, never one of the 1,000 stun grenades that I bought to protect my good equipment?

Of course Gree will never answer a question so I have to ask it here.

I wrote something about this awhile ago....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32897-My-new-theory-on-explosives&highlight=explosives

And these new PVP explosives exaggerate the issue...the more you have, the easier they are consumed. I currently have to attack players with less then 12-13k defense to not lose any explosives and my attack is over 100k and around 40k without those PVP explosives.

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
The consumption rate never gets any higher. What's happening is that people are attacking you with stats that would normally be a "challenge" to your stats without said items. Right now if I attack anybody with over 35,000 defense despite that I have 70,000 some-odd attack with my explosives - one will be used in the fight calculations. Due to that one being used - it is consumed. Simple thing is just attack people you'd normally 10-0 without any issue and you should be fine and not lose any more.

I can't say about there being a limit on how many you can have but what is probably happening is that because of your massively bolstered stats you are being pushed up a tier in the rival list so stronger people can see you. These stronger players are attacking you and therefore you are forced to use your explosives in the fight calculation. That's my theory on not being able to have a certain amount.

buddylee
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous! It just won't let me have more than 60 of them at once! Seriously I win a fight and get Pigskin #61 and then I lose one and go back to 60 the very next fight! :mad:
I hear that. I was at 68 thinking I was going to break 70, now I'm back down to 64. The reason I started stockpiling these was for the boss event. Murf was saying it's what helps him get to 40 kills. I'm an events only camper, but wouldn't have touched this PvP.

The people I'm loosing them to are really low too.

murf
02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
The consumption rate never gets any higher. What's happening is that people are attacking you with stats that would normally be a "challenge" to your stats without said items. Right now if I attack anybody with over 35,000 defense despite that I have 70,000 some-odd attack with my explosives - one will be used in the fight calculations. Due to that one being used - it is consumed.

I'm sorry Pawn. I am not following you here.

When I started farming these, I guess it was turkeys first. I had about a 30k attack, probably around level 40-50. At first I was attacking people around 12k or less. As I accumulated more, I needed to attack weaker and weaker players. Eventually, I had an attack of around 70k with the turkey explosives and even if I attacked someone with a 3k or 4k defense, I would still lose more explosives then would drop from PVP. So as my profile attack got stronger, I was more likely to consume explosives during attacks, and never my anthrax grenades, it was always my turkeys that were consumed. And I believe others have experienced this as well.

Empirical evidence is quite clear to me, that Gree has built in some type of decay function into these PVP explosives. Most likely to prevent weak players (read: non-gold) from becoming way too strong.

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry Pawn. I am not following you here.

When I started farming these, I guess it was turkeys first. I had about a 30k attack, probably around level 40-50. At first I was attacking people around 12k or less. As I accumulated more, I needed to attack weaker and weaker players. Eventually, I had an attack of around 70k with the turkey explosives and even if I attacked someone with a 3k or 4k defense, I would still lose more explosives then would drop from PVP. So as my profile attack got stronger, I was more likely to consume explosives during attacks, and never my anthrax grenades, it was always my turkeys that were consumed. And I believe others have experienced this as well.

Empirical evidence is quite clear to me, that Gree has built in some type of decay function into these PVP explosives. Most likely to prevent weak players (read: non-gold) from becoming way too strong.

I think there is a more logical explanation than a panic button for when players get too strong on the developers fault. The issue is the whole black-box system GREE seems to have here.

buddylee
02-03-2013, 09:27 PM
The consumption rate never gets any higher. What's happening is that people are attacking you with stats that would normally be a "challenge" to your stats without said items. Right now if I attack anybody with over 35,000 defense despite that I have 70,000 some-odd attack with my explosives - one will be used in the fight calculations. Due to that one being used - it is consumed. Simple thing is just attack people you'd normally 10-0 without any issue and you should be fine and not lose any more.

I can't say about there being a limit on how many you can have but what is probably happening is that because of your massively bolstered stats you are being pushed up a tier in the rival list so stronger people can see you. These stronger players are attacking you and therefore you are forced to use your explosives in the fight calculation. That's my theory on not being able to have a certain amount.

Pawn, I'm not sure. My Atk is about is normally 35k with pvp explosives it's about 76k, and I've been going against individuals with no more than 20k and still loosing them. I may end the PvP event early, especially since I'm nowhere near the 2000 PvP wins.

murf
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
I hear that. I was at 68 thinking I was going to break 70, now I'm back down to 64. The reason I started stockpiling these was for the boss event. Murf was saying it's what helps him get to 40 kills. I'm an events only camper, but wouldn't have touched this PvP.

The people I'm loosing them to are really low too.

In my opinion it's definitely worth it. Check out Billionaire's tables to see how many you need to acquire in order to get the 40 epic boss kills. Just got to 40 on this boss. So, I've been able to reach it every time now. And only used gold once, for 2 refills (30 gold).

Ahhhh, just saw you are Level 83....above 75 it becomes really hard to get to 40 bosses. But probably still worth trying it for one event and see if they last against your normal attacks and how you do in this epic boss event (you will still be getting more items from the bosses even if you don't reach 40). And again check out Bill's tables.

dudeman
02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I haven't been having much weirdness with consumption rate. Just a couple small things.

I've only lost three or four footballs while attacking, and each time was against someone I would not have normally even consumed a sarin against.

I haven't lost any footballs in failed attacks against me. I guess that could be considered consumption rate weirdness since that has not been my experience with the last three PvP explosive types.

ShirleyManson
02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
they're called explosives for a reason, you can't expect to be able to double/triple your stats permanently for free

btw, just lost a snowball to a player with 20 times lower defence than my attack (5 times lower than my attack w/o explosives)

TZora
02-04-2013, 03:34 AM
i noticed this over and again. my attack was at 120k and i was beating someone with only 18k defense. i gained one, lost one, gained one, lost one .. not only in 1 fight but in many fights. without explosives, my attck is 70k. and the players i attacked didn't have more than 30k defense at all. i would have ended up with over 200 piggies but after 2100 fights, i had only 150 piggies.
not that i care much about any consumables, just think that its not fair on gree's part :rolleyes:

haywood
02-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Is there any rhyme or reason to which get consumed? It seems I am loosing my remaining TP, turkeys and SB and not footballs. Is it because the others are weaker than the football?

PawnXIIX
02-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Is there any rhyme or reason to which get consumed? It seems I am loosing my remaining TP, turkeys and SB and not footballs. Is it because the others are weaker than the football?

I haven't seen any trend personally - it must be decided by the server.

Big Bad Wolf
02-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Ya this attack thing is a tad whack... I have to attack lvl 33k defenses or under. If i attack 34k defenses i lose footballs. The problem here is my stats with the footballs is over 100k... If it's fighting with the strength without the footballs than i should still be able to fight 40k defenses without a problem since my attack is 60k without the footballs....

buddylee
02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
In my opinion it's definitely worth it. Check out Billionaire's tables to see how many you need to acquire in order to get the 40 epic boss kills. Just got to 40 on this boss. So, I've been able to reach it every time now. And only used gold once, for 2 refills (30 gold).

Ahhhh, just saw you are Level 83....above 75 it becomes really hard to get to 40 bosses. But probably still worth trying it for one event and see if they last against your normal attacks and how you do in this epic boss event (you will still be getting more items from the bosses even if you don't reach 40). And again check out Bill's tables.

Yeah, I figured as much. I won't get it this time. I may have to wait until the next PVP bonus bomb drops event. Who knows, maybe exploding valentines or Boom Boom Box-o-Chocolates. I just hope the ones that I've accumulated stay with me.