PDA

View Full Version : We need a change in hacker policy.

Ramshutu
02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Seriously.

I dont mind getting hammered by someone with multiple koralene crossfire and tesla cannons, I appreciate it takes time to find and ban hackers in the real world.

But getting a stock response now on this matter is simply getting insulting.

We need to get back the money we loose, and loss statistics expunged at a minimum. I can imagine anyone actually trying to earn PvP explosives being attacked by the hacker out there is going to be pretty annoyed right about now, ive just lost stun grenades and it's starting to grate on me.

TRAZ
02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
They refused to replace anything. Another reason I stopped buying gold.

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I thought the point of the forums was not only just a place for us to congregate and discuss tactics - but as a place for the developers to reach out to the players.

Seriously, what is going on. There has barely been any interaction.

TRAZ
02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
downsizing is my guess....or they just don't care. There's even another forum devoted for interaction to address issues.

Pudgy Pumpkin
02-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Please pm me a name if its someone close to the both of us. Thanks.

travwienerbobby
02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Personally I've been loosing my good explosives to players with more than 110,000 attack lower than my defense ( and I mean I have 118,000 defense and they have 6,000-8,000 attack). This is total BS to me but of course Gree being the company they are don't even bother to respond to my requests. They also did nothing when my main account got stalked by a hacker for 3 1/2 weeks - told me that it was just a player but 3000+ attacks a day (every 15 seconds 24 hours a day).

'Oh sorry its part of the game'- Gree

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
What is your defense without explosives the PvP explosives?

SuperTP
02-03-2013, 10:07 PM
When a hacker/cheat finally does get the ban hammer dropped on them, the account doesn't go away right? That player is just no longer able to access it through their devices? in which case, it just leaves a beast of a character for people to randomly throw themselves against for the hell of it.......well played, heh.

Ramshutu
02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Please pm me a name if its someone close to the both of us. Thanks.
Its agent smith :)

TZora
02-04-2013, 03:38 AM
and now someone from gree will come and say the same thing "contact support rather than posting here" .. thread closed, end of story! bravo gree bravo!!! whistles and clapping please

AppleMacGuy
02-04-2013, 04:07 AM
When a hacker/cheat finally does get the ban hammer dropped on them, the account doesn't go away right? That player is just no longer able to access it through their devices? in which case, it just leaves a beast of a character for people to randomly throw themselves against for the hell of it.......well played, heh.

Wrong - GREE will have the power to remove any account or reset it to default. Also, they can and do prevent the account from appearing in the Rival's List. It certainly seems that as soon as a hacker account is discovered we can longer see it.

Pudgy Pumpkin
02-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Its agent smith :)
Oh, in that case...

SuperTP
02-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Wrong - GREE will have the power to remove any account or reset it to default. Also, they can and do prevent the account from appearing in the Rival's List. It certainly seems that as soon as a hacker account is discovered we can longer see it.

Well thats nice to know.

Ramshutu
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM

The accounts are still there, you can see if they have a link but not from the rival list.

Then again, the 'hackers' attacking at the moment are fifty levels below me, so I wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

TRAZ
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Found and reported at least 4 this weekend due to the rivals list opening. The funniest one was a level 21 player...ummm..I'm level 200. List didn't open that far...lol.

Ramshutu
02-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't mind getting hit, or that it takes a while to deal with them, it's the unwillingness to redress the losses that concerns me.

When 3/4 of my total losses are from agent smith, you get a little annoyed.

dudeman
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I had a total of twelve losses over the whole tournament.

All of them from the renamed agentsmith.

Alice
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I had a total of twelve losses over the whole tournament.

All of them from the renamed agentsmith.

....then we'll need to search for Neo

dudeman
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Why? It's twelve losses.

They're not going to fix the 1000 losses I've already taken from agentsmith, what's so special about the last 12?

:p

AppleMacGuy
02-05-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't mind getting hit, or that it takes a while to deal with them, it's the unwillingness to redress the losses that concerns me.

When 3/4 of my total losses are from agent smith, you get a little annoyed.

Wholly agree here...it's just good enough that losses aren't recompensed. It completely devalues the effort that players have made in the first place to acquire the explosives which they then only expect to lose through legitimate gameplay not at the hands of idiotic hackers.

Joeycool
02-05-2013, 05:02 AM
The biggest issue I have is the lack of customer service from gree with the issue. I have reported hackers in the past, and they do not even address the points that I raised in my email. I mentioned various things such as my anger at lost income, my news feed showing nothing but agent smith which destroys links to people I've been fighting with etc.

They completely ignored these comments and just sent a standard response email saying "we are looking into this player now. Thank you for the report"

It is the lack of engagement that gets me. Answer my questions. Don't just send me a standard response. It makes me feel like you couldn't give 2 monkeys about me as a paying customer.

Joeycool
02-05-2013, 05:06 AM
In fact. The standard response is getting more popular with them these days. They seem to avoid real issues and specific questions in favour of a standard response email.

I suspect this is so that support figures show that they are answering emails. I guess they are given service level targets. And it's much easier to reach these targets with a simple copy and paste standard response, rather than taking the time to actually answer in a way that tackles the actual issues in hand.

Ramshutu
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
In fact. The standard response is getting more popular with them these days. They seem to avoid real issues and specific questions in favour of a standard response email.

I suspect this is so that support figures show that they are answering emails. I guess they are given service level targets. And it's much easier to reach these targets with a simple copy and paste standard response, rather than taking the time to actually answer in a way that tackles the actual issues in hand.

I can understand some of the policies in place, and I don't have a problem with an automated response, especially if there are a lot of reports.

The issue with agent smith, and the like, everyone knows he's a hacker purposefully out to grief players. I think CJ said at the last in the long line of attacks that they are taking this very seriously.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that considering that this particular hacker is really affecting gameplay, because of the reasons weve both stated, simply ignoring the impact on paying playersdodo it addressing losses does not seem to be taking it particularly seriously.

cooch
02-05-2013, 04:30 PM
So... I read a MW thread...similar to this one for CC and CJ came it and shut conversations about cheaters down. Said most claims submitted about cheaters were incorrect. I have no clue if he was speaking only about MW or all Gree games in general. Perhaps CJ can provide a comment.

I've reported cheaters and mostly get same reply even for ones I know clearly are cheating (having weapons only available to higher lvl players) but I never see them again so who knows? I am sure cheaters find ways of continuing to game the system after Gree catches them and hurt legitimate players like us.

Joeycool
02-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I can understand some of the policies in place, and I don't have a problem with an automated response, especially if there are a lot of reports.

My point referred to standard responses for more than just hacker reports.

If its a hacker report - fine. Give me a standard response email saying you are investigating it.

But my last 2 or 3 emails now have contained queries that simply were not addressed. I was sent standard responses that did not answer my questions.

And that's wrong. It's a complete fob off. It essentially feels like they just don't read emails properly. It's like they scan over it... Get a rough idea what the email is about, and then select a standard response reply from a bank of related answers, copy and paste it, and just send you that. Wether it answers your question or not.

dragon001
02-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Having written a bit of software in my day, it really would not take that much code to find hackers. create a list of anyone with more than a certain number of improbable items to have and check them out. kill those accounts if found to be cheaters and block those phones.