PDA

View Full Version : Koralene Crossfire

murf
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
For all you programmers / game developers, how hard would it be to write a check into CC, where they make sure that all items like the Koralene Crossfire, are only owned by Koralene, etc. I love when I check someone's inventory and they own 84 of an item only 1 person is allowed to own.

It seems like at least a simple flag to me.

Euchred
02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
If only simple actually meant simple around here.

jmeijer
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
So much they are unable to stop in this gameThey are able. They are just not doing what they're supposed to do.

PawnXIIX
02-03-2013, 06:05 PM
They are able. They are just not doing what they're supposed to do.

They really are able. There's so much they can stop but just don't check or even care to. It's about 5 minutes of work just to get everything remotely set up so that it's protected. Even if the process isn't automatic, it's still check able with minor work involved.

mxz
02-04-2013, 05:09 AM
They did seem to have a built in check for a month or less back in maybe August/September, but abandoned it rather prematurely.

How hard? Not hard at all. Because you could run it externally to the servers it wouldn't even have to bring the game down for maintenance. The hardest part would be updating it to look for the new units (also not hard).

haywood
02-04-2013, 06:09 AM
At a worst case senerio is it too much to ask that they set up a program and maybe someone can just push the "run" button in the morning,let it run all day, find the names of people with x number of items and then research said names and remove the cheaters? I know its a buisness but geez a small fix like this would at least make people happy and would make gameplay 100x better and more fun.

Lonestoner
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
They've probably been too scared by big spenders making threats to stop spending altogether when they've gotten auto-banned incorrectly in the past.

Potential income loss? Even minimal potential? Not worth the risk to them.

haywood
02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Lonestoner;583059]
Potential income loss? Even minimal potential? Not worth the risk to them.[/QUOTE

Pffff yeah welcome to corporate america right

PawnXIIX
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Why not validate the player data on connection to the server? If GREE were smart they'd have invisible tokens for scratchers as well. Not even just for each single category but just 6 items - "1x scratcher", "2x scratcher", ... "6x scratcher".

If the player has more six scratcher items than they have 6x scratcher tokens (including the boosted ones as well) their account is flagged.

Unfortunately it's far too late to do this. Can we please just have a simple data check for when players login to check for the uber high-powered and one-off weapons?

montecore
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
They don't need to worry about auto-banning a big spender unless he happens to be cheating as well.

Start by scanning for the obvious: People with more than one of a given event item (for events limited to one per person obviously), scan for the pick six lotto items and compare it to gold spent, look for people who have more than 500 of a given gold or high end item (I've seen cheaters with 800 of various kinds of redundant cars, etc).

PawnXIIX
02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Come on GREE - are you guys listening?

KizbotBro
02-05-2013, 02:47 AM
They don't need to worry about auto-banning a big spender unless he happens to be cheating as well.

Start by scanning for the obvious: People with more than one of a given event item (for events limited to one per person obviously), scan for the pick six lotto items and compare it to gold spent, look for people who have more than 500 of a given gold or high end item (I've seen cheaters with 800 of various kinds of redundant cars, etc).
The only problem with this is that if you have the check look for people with 400 of something, the hacker will only add 399. the hackers are not stupid, thats why they are hackers. They hunt for a weakness and exploit it.
Im completely with you that the hacker problems could be vastly reduced with some VERY simple measures, but where there is a will there is a way. Hackers are usually pretty determined people. making the task more challenging only makes them work harder at it.

dragon001
02-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Indeed. I have been thinking this for over a year now. I cant remember how log ago I posted this, and then every one else as well. Doubt seriously that I was the first. Such a simple fix. I remember saying it would help profits as well. who wants to spend real money on a game when a cheater for free can beat the snot out of a legitimate player.

montecore
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
The only problem with this is that if you have the check look for people with 400 of something, the hacker will only add 399. the hackers are not stupid, thats why they are hackers. They hunt for a weakness and exploit it.
Im completely with you that the hacker problems could be vastly reduced with some VERY simple measures, but where there is a will there is a way. Hackers are usually pretty determined people. making the task more challenging only makes them work harder at it.

First of all, there are some very stupid cheaters out there. I have seen people with 1000 of the best items. I mean 1000 of a single, specific item. Even if you had unlimited money, most of us would probably stop at 500. They can automatically scan for the obvious cheaters, they can auto-scan and then manually verify the likely cheaters, and the good/really good cheaters are either going to take more work or may be too hard to catch.

They also need to update what they scan for - if the cheaters start changing it up, they can start modifying what they scan for. They could also make a list of the 100 or so true big spenders so as not to mess with them, maybe even institute a policy that if you're autobanned for any length of time you get a free vault of gold. They could award gold for people who report cheaters. There are so many things they could do.

Some cheaters they may not be able to catch, but those are the ones the players probably don't notice either. The people who have just one too many six of a kind scratcher items, seem to spend a lot of gold on quick upgrades, etc.

Ericinico
02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
For all you programmers / game developers, how hard would it be to write a check into CC, where they make sure that all items like the Koralene Crossfire, are only owned by Koralene, etc. I love when I check someone's inventory and they own 84 of an item only 1 person is allowed to own.It seems like at least a simple flag to me.Lol, funny this thread pops up. I just found a guy with 700k stats because he had 40 of those, along wilh tesla canons and axe smashers.

PawnXIIX
02-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Can we please have some analytics? We have GREE who had figured out that the M4A1 was overpowered because they had map analytics. Why can't they have player analytics? Have a simple function for if player spends x amount there stats should be within /\Y range. It doesn't seem TOO hard for a company who makes so much money to figure out that if a player who spends x amount of gold is twice as high as the roof of /\Y.

For those of you who aren't aware, the M4A1 was about 5x as powerful as weapons that should have been available at that point in levelling.

The Drake
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
So i have a question. Who is the only person that is supoosed to have this item? Because I ran across
Koralene the other day who I assume is the rightful owner of this car. However I am looking at another user right now who also has this car in their inventory. Is that possible?

lordsagacity
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
At a worst case senerio is it too much to ask that they set up a program and maybe someone can just push the "run" button in the morning,let it run all day, find the names of people with x number of items and then research said names and remove the cheaters? I know its a buisness but geez a small fix like this would at least make people happy and would make gameplay 100x better and more fun.
The server can check both sides when an attack/robbery happens. If there're something suspicious, record it and send it to investigation. The cheaters will be dealt with weekly. Very little amount of work to do.

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
So i have a question. Who is the only person that is supoosed to have this item? Because I ran across
Koralene the other day who I assume is the rightful owner of this car. However I am looking at another user right now who also has this car in their inventory. Is that possible?

.......No.

cooch
02-27-2013, 08:11 PM
So some points as everyone's on same page:

1. MXZ or Pawn, or whomever: Be a consultant and take this project on for some gold on Gree's part. They can run simple scans for the obvious cheaters and those that come back at hacking several times.

2. Big win for real free/gold players and Gree. They don't have to hire another programmer to run anti-Hacker programs for only pixels of gold to the experience programmers that volunteer to do this in their spare time....big issue is that they need to live in SFO area. Gree team works long days and weekends and I think you'd have to drop in for some F2F work/introductions.

The Drake
02-27-2013, 08:13 PM
.......No.
So what to do? Personally I could care less if someone feels the need to cheat at this game. You have to be a loser of epic proportions to get any satisfaction out of cheating at an online game. So does turning this person in solve anything. What happens to them? Are they banned?

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 08:15 PM
So what to do? Personally I could care less if someone feels the need to cheat at this game. You have to be a loser of epic proportions to get any satisfaction out of cheating at an online game. So does turning this person in solve anything. What happens to them? Are they banned?

Well turning the person in makes everyone's lives more easy and pain free :D Plus maybe it'll be good for the customers (us) if it seems like they are doing something about the cheaters, although for now that is still up for debate.

The Drake
02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
and how does one go about doing that?

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Take pictures, and shoot customer support a message and paste the picture right in there. They should handle it when they get around to it. There seems to be a lot of tickets flying around about missing items and where people should have been on the PvP list.

The Drake
02-27-2013, 08:26 PM
ok done. will they actually do anything?

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
ok done. will they actually do anything?

Not like we'll really know. They have a very strict policy on not releasing information about the result of cheater inquiries.