PDA

View Full Version : lack of valor

kikl
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
im a non gold user on level 103 i have 90 allies and my attack is 6600 and def is 8300, all the high attack level players i see have hundreds of valor units, my question is how did they come up with the hundreds of thousands of valor needed to buy all those items, currently the best way i know to get valor is by attacking other players (raiding barely gives you anything) but the unit loss just isnt worth it. ive lost 5 destroyers getting 100 valor attacking someone whos defense was 3000 points below my attack. is it as simple as months and months of stockpiling valor and then buying hundreds of units at one time?
can the higher level players please help me out with this?

SoccerStud
02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
PVP goals...

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Im at level 78 and currently hoarding 36k valor....and I've spent a ton already, so yeah...they just never used it.

SoccerStud
02-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm hoarding 50k valor on level 40.

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm hoarding 50k valor on level 40.

Trade ya my 36k for your 50k...I'll event throw in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....

Milspec1
02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I'll give you a peanut butter sammie with marshmellow fluff

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 07:37 PM
How are you gonna come in and try to out bid me?! no bueno! I'll add a glass of Kool-Aid :cool:

kikl
02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
im hoarding right now like 15k but its not going up right now nearly as fast as i want it to
how long did it take you guys to get to that amount?

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Ive been playing since November and started hoarding in December. But I just made major not too long ago and got 5k. But i attack and raid a lot cause....well i have no life. :-x

kikl
02-02-2013, 07:53 PM
i want kool aid!!!1

Dudebot121256
02-02-2013, 07:57 PM
As the above people said, there are many methods for getting such high amounts of valor. If users don't do any missions (Other than the tutorial) and they just PVP, they would amass a lot of valor. Scratchers can also give massive amounts of valor.

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
How many attacks and raids have you done that shows on your profile? Raids will not give you much valor in the long run.

Like others have said doing the pvp missions will reward you with the most valor. If you have done very little attacking the entire time you have been playing there will be a lot of missions that you can catch up on. You will be surprised how much valor you will end up banking from this.

fluffy402
02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I barely attacked anyone up to level 90. I was corporal when rankings were added to android. It took me about 3 days of constant attacking to level up to sergeant and lieutenant. With the all the PvP goals I completed plus about 8 valor per attack I got well over 15000 valor. Bought 8 marines and 30+ hornets. I can easily see how people can get 100+ valor units.

Col C Smythe
02-03-2013, 05:31 AM
If you look closely at the goals when you level up there is a win X amount of PVP against your new level or higher. Depending on your level it could 10-50 or so. At the same time you will also have an X amount of wins against someone with XX amount of allies. If you look at what you need you can actually accomplish 2-3 of those goals at the same time.

So if you are a Level 50 for example, you can PVP against anyone Level 50 and above with, let's say 75 allies, then you will get credit for both with one attack. You do need to pay attention though.

I banked almost 350,000 Valor points. Just spent them all recently though. Threw my meat unit balance all out of whack so now losing more than I like.

Such are the fortunes of war, so to speak

Arizona
02-03-2013, 05:55 AM
im a non gold user on level 103 i have 90 allies and my attack is 6600 and def is 8300, all the high attack level players i see have hundreds of valor units, my question is how did they come up with the hundreds of thousands of valor needed to buy all those items, currently the best way i know to get valor is by attacking other players (raiding barely gives you anything) but the unit loss just isnt worth it. ive lost 5 destroyers getting 100 valor attacking someone whos defense was 3000 points below my attack. is it as simple as months and months of stockpiling valor and then buying hundreds of units at one time?
Look in your Goals icon for missions.
You'll get the most valor from Force Degradation#, Invasion Operation#, and Multiple Fronts#.
The higher your level the more Valor you'll get, but you might have to increase allies to be able to see some of the missions.

Milspec1
02-03-2013, 07:36 AM
glass of milk <duh> for the win

How are you gonna come in and try to out bid me?! no bueno! I'll add a glass of Kool-Aid :cool:

Kjctnorris
02-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Kiki, at 30k attack on one of my accounts, I have to attack people with less than 8k defense to safely avoid unit loss. With that in mind, I've gained over 150 super hornets during the PvP tournament (less then three full days so far) by doing attacks instead of raids. With your current attack strength, I'm not sure how you will overcome that without doing some hardcore camping for quite some time to raise your attack strength relative to those of your level.

kikl
02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
How many attacks and raids have you done that shows on your profile? Raids will not give you much valor in the long run.

Like others have said doing the pvp missions will reward you with the most valor. If you have done very little attacking the entire time you have been playing there will be a lot of missions that you can catch up on. You will be surprised how much valor you will end up banking from this.

ive won over 12,000 fights aand 11,000 raids just recently though started hoarding, the problem with pvp is im losing all my expensive units and my attack keeps on dropping, how do i continue attacking pvp w/o losing so many units

kikl
02-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Kiki, at 30k attack on one of my accounts, I have to attack people with less than 8k defense to safely avoid unit loss. With that in mind, I've gained over 150 super hornets during the PvP tournament (less then three full days so far) by doing attacks instead of raids. With your current attack strength, I'm not sure how you will overcome that without doing some hardcore camping for quite some time to raise your attack strength relative to those of your level.
ya i started playing before i read the forum only discovered camping after i was already at level 95 but ive increased my iph by over 100k since then prob is i cant go over 10k to upgrade bec im still to weak to defend myself and i will get attacked, im slowly raising my attack by adding allies and buying cruisers which are very low loss units

SuperSonic Chimp
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
ive won over 12,000 fights aand 11,000 raids just recently though started hoarding, the problem with pvp is im losing all my expensive units and my attack keeps on dropping, how do i continue attacking pvp w/o losing so many units

Need to do the complete opposite of what you're doing. Drop allies instead of adding them. The more crap units you bring the more units over all you lose. I could add 100 allies now and got over 15k attack/defense, but lose units 1 out of 4 attacks. i'm down to all indestructables and valor units and I lose a valor unit 1 out of 40-50 attacks. Meanwhile, I still buy units...just hoarding them for when I have to add allies for events. But I would imagine that's hard to do at your level, you'd become lunch meat for a minute.

Kjctnorris
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
ya i started playing before i read the forum only discovered camping after i was already at level 95 but ive increased my iph by over 100k since then prob is i cant go over 10k to upgrade bec im still to weak to defend myself and i will get attacked, im slowly raising my attack by adding allies and buying cruisers which are very low loss unitsif you are playing WD, then by all means, increase your allies to be on par with the majority of your faction. However, when and if you decide to camp, you may be better off going with minimal allies. If the people you fight against can only bring 50 units to a fight, it's much easier for you to bring 50 comparable units rather than trying to match 2000. Just my .02.

Minister Timothy
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM

I am level 144 now. Between the levels of 60 to 100 i got very little forced degradation or multiple fronts.then at around level 100 it all started to kick in nonstop. All of the valor in about 20 levels added up to over 100k. The multiple fronts went up to 100 and stopped.so when it kicks in you will know. I raised my stats over 30k during that time. hope this helps.

andypandy2
02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I have 667,597 valor that I can't use. I can't buy any units that will impact my A/D! I wish I could donate it to my faction.

kikl
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I have 667,597 valor that I can't use. I can't buy any units that will impact my A/D! I wish I could donate it to my faction.

holy cow!!!! y is that indestructibles?

kikl
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
if you are playing WD, then by all means, increase your allies to be on par with the majority of your faction. However, when and if you decide to camp, you may be better off going with minimal allies. If the people you fight against can only bring 50 units to a fight, it's much easier for you to bring 50 comparable units rather than trying to match 2000. Just my .02.

question is if i drop allies to where i only have indestructibles and valor units will the people on my rival list drop to that level of allies? also or will it still be the guys with 50-100 allies that i have now?

Kjctnorris
02-03-2013, 11:51 AM
question is if i drop allies to where i only have indestructibles and valor units will the people on my rival list drop to that level of allies? also or will it still be the guys with 50-100 allies that i have now?im not sure if there is a tier system for allies. No clue how that works.

Dudebot121256
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
question is if i drop allies to where i only have indestructibles and valor units will the people on my rival list drop to that level of allies? also or will it still be the guys with 50-100 allies that i have now?They changed the tiers for allies a few months back. They are big tiers (1-100 allies differences at times) but if you drop to say 20 or something, you're going to see around 15-30.

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM

I'll send you an ally request and check you out and then send you a pm on some recommendations if you'd like.

Alo
02-04-2013, 05:44 AM
im hoarding right now like 15k but its not going up right now nearly as fast as i want it to
how long did it take you guys to get to that amount?

I started playing 1 month and 1 week ago. I started attacking other ppl 1 month ago. Recently made from lieutenant to captain in LESS than 4 days ;) Have over 45 000 valour sitting. Tried to use it in the beginning, bough lotsa gigins, but they died like flies :( after that I only buy money units...easier to replace :D

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-04-2013, 06:03 AM
I started playing 1 month and 1 week ago. I started attacking other ppl 1 month ago. Recently made from lieutenant to captain in LESS than 4 days ;) Have over 45 000 valour sitting. Tried to use it in the beginning, bough lotsa gigins, but they died like flies :( after that I only buy money units...easier to replace :D

You learned a hard lesson, but early on which is good. You don't want 100% of your units that you take to battle to be valor units for this very reason. You need cash units to serve as meatshields to protect the valuable valor units. Just like Alo said, cash units are more easily replaceable! Keep in your inventory at least twice as many cash unit meatshields (Bio Warfare Troops, Commandos, Demolitions) than the valor units you have

thescondo
02-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Since almost the very start I hoared all my Valor units doing all the PVP missions - then the rankings came out - I tried to wait until I made Colonel and buy Boats - I had saved over 1mil - But then Faction wars started and I spent them all on Helicoptors (600 valor pts ea) - I had almot 1,600 - with composite and my other units my defense was around 130,000 - Anyways the only problem is when I attack they go fast - My attack is now 100K and if I attack anyone with over 30K I can loose them - During faction wars I hit someone with 100K defense and lost 3 with one attack - I still have 1499 - but have to be careful