PDA

View Full Version : Russian colonels

Hivesy
02-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I've been a major for what seems like forever, finally I'm closing in on colonel and so I'm starting to plan ahead for what I do with my nice shiny new elite water cruisers.

Anyway as a Russian player, it's just dawned on me that the elite water cruiser actually isn't very good value for your valor. Both my air and sea boosts are at 10 so they aren't a factor. As Russia I get 10 % extra air:

Elite ops helicopter = 37 attack and 48 defence. +10% = 41 attack and 53 defence. Cost = 600 valor.

Elite water cruiser = 41 attack and 65 defence. Cost = 800 valor.

So basically I'm getting excited about the prospect of spending 200 extra valor for a unit that gains me 12 defensive points over an EOH.

What do all you other Russian colonels do? Spend your valor on the boats and the extra D, or spend it on the EOH and get 30% more units for your valor?

Gambit12
02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Whatever is the unit? Russian Nation Rules in this game..!

Zoltarov
02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
There are more boosts to consider in your decision and calculation results.
There is the faction boosts and some unit boosts like for instance the guerilla striker, although this one seems to be invisible.
I bought exactly 10 elite water cruisers when i was promoted to colonel.

Q Raider
02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Until recently the casualty rate for the Elite Warer Cruiser meant it was good value as compared against any other Valoer item available for a Colonel.

An update a few weeks ago changed "something" for my HLP and I started losing one roughly every ten attacks regardless of the opponent's strength. Mind you the other nine attacks were filled up with Brigand Lightnings, Transport Raiders and Super Hornets so it was an across the board thing. :-)

Tried a few things,
Latest has been to drop in allies, I don't lose units every attack now, but still drop Cruisers far more often than previously.

I would say certainly get some and test them out.

Hivesy
02-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, as you say I will buy a few and see what gives.

Good to see you on here Zolt! Long time no hear. Hope you're well and life is good in REG? This is a big downside of factions, we all spend less time on here being one big family and much more time in our own forums being little families.

Ryans67
02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Doesn't have as much to do with the factions as all the other BS that goes on around here. Between gins rants, trolls, and various other vulgar posts, there is hardly a reason to visit.

When I hit colonel I bought a ton of boats thinking they wouldn't die as much. They seem to die as much as the helicopters. I'm now banking valor and trying to rely on cash, farmed, or boss units instead. Maybe I'll buy the tanks when I hit spec ops. Haha.

iamnasty
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I've been a major for what seems like forever, finally I'm closing in on colonel and so I'm starting to plan ahead for what I do with my nice shiny new elite water cruisers.

Anyway as a Russian player, it's just dawned on me that the elite water cruiser actually isn't very good value for your valor. Both my air and sea boosts are at 10 so they aren't a factor. As Russia I get 10 % extra air:

Elite ops helicopter = 37 attack and 48 defence. +10% = 41 attack and 53 defence. Cost = 600 valor.

Elite water cruiser = 41 attack and 65 defence. Cost = 800 valor.

So basically I'm getting excited about the prospect of spending 200 extra valor for a unit that gains me 12 defensive points over an EOH.

What do all you other Russian colonels do? Spend your valor on the boats and the extra D, or spend it on the EOH and get 30% more units for your valor?

Russian colonels, get drunk and drown with vodka !! Cheers:D

NakedCherryPie
02-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Save your valor for the unreachable plane.

MonkeyPuppy2012
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I am considering a name change to Naked Chocolate Pie..

MonkeyPuppy2012
02-03-2013, 02:04 PM
and I mean one with aerosol whipped cream topping, with M&M's and a chocolate covered cherry