PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Expedition Auction Event!

BigD@wg
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Just started... Good luck Everyone!

Fuzzyky
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Got one already... But it won't let my attempt to open it. All I got it the big annoying arrow pointing to where the box ought to be.... Typical!

CplJC
02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
All it does is make the gathering of rocks even harder -.- is there a trick to doing this like the boss? Please share thanks

Fuzzyky
02-02-2013, 12:16 PM
So.. I closed the app and reopened it..figuring that might trigger the arrow to go away and allow me to access the chest. Well, it allowed me to open the space telling me I have zero crates to open... It took the one I won....

I wonder if my BFB prizes have come in yet????

Zachio
02-02-2013, 12:21 PM
How do you find them? Is it a reward from an successful attack/raid, just laying around people's bases, or from missions?

edit: got some from attacking.

Fuzzyky
02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
They pop up randomly after successful attacks or raids.......

Bala82
02-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I am only going first two items as experience player of crime city i know i will be able to 10 chest open.

Yes missions is where you get them but it usually big one that require multiple taps to get the boxes.

don't do raid or attack in first day you need wait 1-2 days for other players to get boxes than you attack and raid them to steal their boxes.

Forget about 20 and 25 unless you want spend gold as a free player you aim get iceberg destroyer (15th box)

FromAfar
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
BUGS STILL NOT FIXED!

Saw the event started, hit a guy, won 2 boxes. Lost 2 very expensive units ( the risk, but!!!) the 2 boxes disappeared and my box count is back to zero!!!! So I took the risk, which I accept for the reward! But the reward was removed after earning!

Did a ticket. In about 2 weeks, I'll probably get a reply... "Is this still happening?"

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Got one, free open...GPS locator...I hope the next 200 go this well.... :-X I hate these events, I prefer the 10 crate events.

SomersetGuy
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Just got 2. That's an obnoxious arrow. LOL Go to open the chest and I have 0. Did this event start yet or what?

Edit:Just got 4 more and they're there

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 12:52 PM
It's started...already opened a free one. Sucks for me since Im SEVERELY over vault....

ASGARD
02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
The prizes are not worth the cost or effort of trying for them.

BigD@wg
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
BUGS STILL NOT FIXED!

Saw the event started, hit a guy, won 2 boxes. Lost 2 very expensive units ( the risk, but!!!) the 2 boxes disappeared and my box count is back to zero!!!! So I took the risk, which I accept for the reward! But the reward was removed after earning!

Did a ticket. In about 2 weeks, I'll probably get a reply... "Is this still happening?"

Well you might get the response "you're running an older version and need to update to v3.5. " I have gotten that response twice and was already running the latest update. You got to love scripted responses. Lol!

Jhenry02
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Collected 3 chests says I have 0.

-J

SuperSonic Chimp
02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
AGREED!

But they never are...

BigD@wg
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM

That's why I don't even play this type event for free. No participation... Not worth the XP gain to get 10 opens for two low level gold units.

IlliniFan1
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
1 for 1...
I like the collect 10 crates event so much better because you can get more prizes and your tenth open will get you a unit even better than the one you get for opening 25 boxes in this event. The max I can ever get (using cash opens) is ten on these auction events. I also think Gree should decrease the time it takes to open another crate or at least increase the chance of opening a crate and actually getting a GPS. :(

Anjunbeats
02-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Yes you're right. The prizes are a joke. If you don't use gold you probably need like 100 cash attempts to get a whooping 100/100 unit. lol

soulnmysole
02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
My sentiments exactly!

Dutchie
02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
If you don't see the chests, close down MW, kill it in the app switcher and start again. Works fine for me now but lost a couple of chests. If it wasn't for the PvP tourney, I would skip it! Payout is poor vs. XP gained and it is squarely aimed at the top players who don't need to worry about XP!

P.S. If you raid and get a chest it will disappear but if you win an attack and get a chest, you get to keep it and have a chance of opening it! So if you are planning to take part in this event. I suggest you only attack and avoid raiding!

Jhenry02
02-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Good call dutchie, all the crates I collected (6) were from raids, did a pve and got one and opened it.

-j

Patric
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I got like 7 crates but just an arrow pointing and blinking. I couldn't open any of the crates. Now after a power off and on, I see two of them. Is there a way to get the other 5?

fluffy402
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
1 for 1...
I like the collect 10 crates event so much better because you can get more prizes and your tenth open will get you a unit even better than the one you get for opening 25 boxes in this event. The max I can ever get (using cash opens) is ten on these auction events. I also think Gree should decrease the time it takes to open another crate or at least increase the chance of opening a crate and actually getting a GPS. :(

So you're suggesting Gree makes the game less expensive? That'll never happen...

Dutchie
02-03-2013, 01:58 AM
If you don't see the chests, close down MW, kill it in the app switcher and start again. Works fine for me now but lost a couple of chests. If it wasn't for the PvP tourney, I would skip it! Payout is poor vs. XP gained and it is squarely aimed at the top players who don't need to worry about XP!

P.S. If you raid and get a chest it will disappear but if you win an attack and get a chest, you get to keep it and have a chance of opening it! So if you are planning to take part in this event. I suggest you only attack and avoid raiding!

It seems that crates gained from raiding are also finally registering. It is quite possible that GREE fixed it yesterday, you know... on a Saturday <shrugs>. I will do more raiding to confirm!

It's all a dream
02-03-2013, 02:03 AM
First i didnt get any box registered, i even had -1 :?
Finally they were all registered, but now i have a new issue.
If i get a box from pvp i see my registered boxes drop 1. When the box is collected it increases by 1. So boxes registered remain the same :?

Dutchie
02-03-2013, 02:14 AM
First i didnt get any box registered, i even had -1 :?
Finally they were all registered, but now i have a new issue.
If i get a box from pvp i see my registered boxes drop 1. When the box is collected it increases by 1. So boxes registered remain the same :?

Jij bent nog aan het dromen ;D

Getting crates from raiding seems to exhibit this issue whereas attacking other players does not. Try just attacking for a little while and collect some crates and then go back to raiding, to see if that possibly fixes the issue you describe.

It's all a dream
02-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Met dit spel lijkt het zeker alsof je in een continue staat van een droom bent.

Well ive done pvp and raids both. Dont remember what happened with just attacks. The above situation happened at least five times in raids.(like i forgot my own box aftervthe raid :) ). Just did some attacks, got one box and that was registered normally. Will see if my dream is over ;) considering that this is a gree game, not likely. :)

Dutchie
02-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Met dit spel lijkt het zeker alsof je in een continue staat van een droom bent.

Well ive done pvp and raids both. Dont remember what happened with just attacks. The above situation happened at least five times in raids.(like i forgot my own box aftervthe raid :) ). Just did some attacks, got one box and that was registered normally. Will see if my dream is over ;) considering that this is a gree game, not likely. :)

LOL

Like I said, just do attacks until you have 5-10 crates and then try raiding to see if the crates register. If not, go back to attacking for another 5 crates and then try raiding again, ad nauseam!

Dutchie
02-03-2013, 03:29 AM
I have just confirmed it... FORGET raiding as it will NOT net you any crates. As soon as a crate drops it takes one away from your total number of crates and when you pick it up, it will add it to your total and therefore your net total will NEVER increase!

You will only gain crates by ATTACKING and attacking ONLY!

I will create a ticket that describes this behaviour and GREE will hopefully fix it for the NEXT crate event.

If you are reading this CJ, please acknowledge that you are aware of this issue and it is on your list of glitches to fix as I won't create a ticket then.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

alphacharlie
02-03-2013, 03:40 AM
So you're suggesting Gree makes the game less expensive? That'll never happen...

Totally agree. Would GREE listen if the majority of players bombarded them with complaints? ... never ever.
Why don't they just sell the top prizes for 10k+ gold per item? That's prpobably what you need spend to get them anyways. Waste of time and screen space on my iPhone.

Dutchie
02-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Totally agree. Would GREE listen if the majority of players bombarded them with complaints? ... never ever.
Why don't they just sell the top prizes for 10k+ gold per item? That's prpobably what you need spend to get them anyways. Waste of time and screen space on my iPhone.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

Col C Smythe
02-03-2013, 05:18 AM
From the time this thing started Chests were few and far between. Of those I have managed to get, I have had at least 10or more of them simply disappear. This definitely one bug ridden event....... I have only one left and I expect to into LaLa Land real soon

Gambit12
02-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Arctic Expedition Grand Prize...

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/popups/ArcticExpeditionChest-Popup.jpg

SuperSonic Chimp
02-03-2013, 08:51 AM
From the time this thing started Chests were few and far between. Of those I have managed to get, I have had at least 10or more of them simply disappear. This definitely one bug ridden event....... I have only one left and I expect to into LaLa Land real soon

is it just me...or am I the only one who gets around 100 the first two days but can only open 9 of them in 6 days? lol I usually end the event with 150+ unopened crates! I would gladly donate them to you!

Bala82
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM
you guys having more luck than be been farming the lower maps to get boxes only got 3 :(.

Generik79
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Got one, free open...GPS locator...I hope the next 200 go this well.... :-X I hate these events, I prefer the 10 crate events.

Agreed SuperSonic. Pick 10 far better. Rewards units in these auctions not nearly worth (at least in my personal valuation) what Top 50 have to spend.

Wufnu
02-03-2013, 11:14 AM
My sentiments exactly!

Concur.... This one is such an obvious ploy to get people to spend gold and even then the 3 crates are a much better deal than what you "might" get for these.

Wufnu
02-03-2013, 11:15 AM
is it just me...or am I the only one who gets around 100 the first two days but can only open 9 of them in 6 days? lol I usually end the event with 150+ unopened crates! I would gladly donate them to you!

No not just you Chimp, I have 52 right now and can't possibly open them all without spending gold. Which I am NOT going to do. I tried a couple gold and got a frickin CONCRETE BRICK!? WTF Gree?!

Jhenry02
02-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Is Ferr boycotting?

-J

Alo
02-04-2013, 06:36 AM
No not just you Chimp, I have 52 right now and can't possibly open them all without spending gold. Which I am NOT going to do. I tried a couple gold and got a frickin CONCRETE BRICK!? WTF Gree?!

yeah, have same problem. Over 50 crates and more coming. Dont use gold, so atleast every second cart stays closed. Will try to open 1 box in hour as possible. Still cant get to far with it. Inside I've have found +1 extra ally, concrete bricks, money etc. Nuclear event was the same...You open up a box and in there is....concrete :D :D :D

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Is Ferr boycotting?

-J

J, Emperor Ferr is at the top spot, lol :D

goldenarchie
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM
**** ME I keep having the crates not show up..I see them pop up, sail through the air and fall on the map, I click it and POOF....WTF

Jhenry02
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Lol Iamnasty, I looked at 3 am this morning and it was still the darkness.
So he snuck in there.

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Lol Iamnasty, I looked at 3 am this morning and it was still the darkness.
So he snuck in there.

His usual favorite spot, No.1, that where Emperor Ferr love to be, lol:D

Jahootie
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
He has 500 already......
I'd spend gold, if I would not get concrete or a stupid supply frigate....gree you suck

SuperSonic Chimp
02-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I have 127 crates and have only opened 4 in 3 days.....im sitting out the next one. I really hate this crate event.

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 05:15 PM
He has 500 already......
I'd spend gold, if I would not get concrete or a stupid supply frigate....gree you suck

Nope, Emperor Ferr has 560, seems none of the guys/gals able to catch up, lol:D

cuzen
02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Nope, Emperor Ferr has 560, seems none of the guys/gals able to catch up, lol:D
How the heck does he do that? How much gold does he spend? I have opened 122 crates and only have 20 GPS. That was with 1500 gold

Jhenry02
02-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Cuzen, we've already established that Ferr spends a lot of money on this game. When I first put together a rough estimate I peed a little.

-J

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM
How the heck does he do that? How much gold does he spend? I have opened 122 crates and only have 20 GPS. That was with 1500 gold

well, if you added another zero, 15,000 gold, maybe, this is maybe, it can squeezeeeee you into Top 50. Quite sure 50K gold then you're in the upper side of Top 50:D

King little fruit fly
02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Hopefully, there is no bidding war, otherwise only Greedy wins, can you guys make peace and just come to some kind of agreement like during the peoplecott. :)

CplJC
02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Who cares...I wish he would share in depth details of his money expenditures thought! It be awesome..but I know a lot of jealous losers will blast him! So have fun dude! I will continue enjoying my p o o p luck...99 and open every hour on the hour (just about) and got 2 lol

cuzen
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
well, if you added another zero, 15,000 gold, maybe, this is maybe, it can squeezeeeee you into Top 50. Quite sure 50K gold then you're in the upper side of Top 50:D

Wow! A thousand bucks of Obamoney! I'd rather spend that on real ammo!

King little fruit fly
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Who cares...I wish he would share in depth details of his money expenditures thought! It be awesome..but I know a lot of jealous losers will blast him! So have fun dude! I will continue enjoying my p o o p luck...99 and open every hour on the hour (just about) and got 2 lol

obviously you care enough to open it every 1 hr. For me, I am not even bother to open them with free hand. :p

iamnasty
02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Wow! A thousand bucks of Obamoney! I'd rather spend that on real ammo!

1,500 gold is only good for purchase couple of crate sets, for auction event, you can't even get close to top 250 !!!:D

waterdog87
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM

Yeah, i get the same thing, and I'm not gone spend gold to get them

FromAfar
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
It is nice to see MR Ferr back in the swing!

MR Ferr, if you do read this, would it not be a tad big less expensive to be #30 instead of #1?

perhaps the euro is strong.

as for me, the first 8 or so boxes i got, at the cost of expensive (for me!!! no gold) unit losses just disappeared and the count went right back to 0! frigate! i will be a bystander until gree gets their lousy bugs fixed.

now, for some reason i have 2 crates. if i open one it never goes down. when i win some, it never goes up. it just stays at 2. and my open rate, the free option, is like 0-15. i cant even stand spending fake game money any more.

la vie

BigD@wg
02-04-2013, 09:04 PM
It is nice to see MR Ferr back in the swing!

MR Ferr, if you do read this, would it not be a tad big less expensive to be #30 instead of #1?

perhaps the euro is strong.

as for me, the first 8 or so boxes i got, at the cost of expensive (for me!!! no gold) unit losses just disappeared and the count went right back to 0! frigate! i will be a bystander until gree gets their lousy bugs fixed.

now, for some reason i have 2 crates. if i open one it never goes down. when i win some, it never goes up. it just stays at 2. and my open rate, the free option, is like 0-15. i cant even stand spending fake game money any more.

la vie

It would be less expensive for him to just finish in top 50 and not be #1. But if this auction is same as past auction events then there is a "super weapon" with uber stats that is awarded to the nr1 position. Thats why he plays to finish first. The main reason no one knows about this is because the splash screens for the super weapons never happen.

Alo
02-05-2013, 03:02 AM

I have 66 unopened crates, will try to open one in an hour, but during night I sleep too. Never use gold for opening. Right now have 13 GPS-es. Without gold U cant even make it to top250 tho :( sucks to be a free player :D will try to get some units atleast :D 2 days left to get 7 GPS-es.

cormanjohn
02-05-2013, 03:11 AM
I had gone through the posts. Generally, It’s specifically about finding the buyer who is prepared to pay the most in the marketplace at that time and then letting the vendor decide their course of action from there. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

Dutchie
02-05-2013, 03:27 AM
It has Ferr's name written all over it :D

Arctic Expedition Grand Prize...

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/popups/ArcticExpeditionChest-Popup.jpg

Alo
02-06-2013, 03:36 AM

btw this **** is true. They do dissapear!!! Thought to check just in case yesterday...had 68 crates...won 5 more...went back to my base and had 63!!! So instead of 73 there was 63. Later had same thing, won 4 of them....but only 1 counts etc. Many bugs. Since I cant open them all up anyway it doesnt matter to me, but for the sake of ppl who put real money into it...its a bad bug. Right now I have 90 unopened crates...but without bugs maybe there should be even 200 of them. So hope gree fixes its bugs and there wont be wrong point counting in WD.

Philsbase
02-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Where does it tell you the player with the most GPS locators gets a top prize??

I only have on the screen Top 50 and Top 250 players get a prize

Dutchie
02-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Where does it tell you the player with the most GPS locators gets a top prize??

I only have on the screen Top 50 and Top 250 players get a prize

Two posts above yours ;P

It is a splash screen that is seldomly displayed if at all. I haven't seen it yet, but some players have. There is always a top prize for the winner of these crate events, certainly since I have been playing back in November of last year.

Philsbase
02-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Two posts above yours ;P

It is a splash screen that is seldomly displayed if at all. I haven't seen it yet, but some players have. There is always a top prize for the winner of these crate events, certainly since I have been playing back in November of last year.

No I have never seen this splash screen and I don't recall the atomic event having prizes like this arctic event either. Great if I had known I wouldn't be hanging around 30th for the top 50 thinking that's the highest prize :( good work Gree I guess only a select few get the notice......

Alo
02-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Two posts above yours ;P

havent seen that splash screen either (Ipad). All other crap they splash but not this. But here top 250 is for real money paying ppl only.

Dutchie
02-06-2013, 04:32 AM
havent seen that splash screen either (Ipad). All other crap they splash but not this. But here top 250 is for real money paying ppl only.

Right and that is why I don't bother with this event. If you're a free player, stick to the EB events only.

Alo
02-06-2013, 05:06 AM
Right and that is why I don't bother with this event. If you're a free player, stick to the EB events only.

I'll try to get 25 GPS-es anyway. Some undestructible units is still better than none. I get the grates all the time anyway...just opening 1 in hour sucks :D :D :D

Dutchie
02-06-2013, 06:15 AM
I'll try to get 25 GPS-es anyway. Some undestructible units is still better than none. I get the grates all the time anyway...just opening 1 in hour sucks :D :D :D

Good luck with that! You won't get 25 without using gold but might if you open one on the hour, every hour. The XP gained is not worth the indestructible units that you could potentially win. EB events give more bang for your buck!

Alo
02-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Good luck with that! You won't get 25 without using gold but might if you open one on the hour, every hour. The XP gained is not worth the indestructible units that you could potentially win. EB events give more bang for your buck!

30 minutes ago got my 20th GPS ;) So only 5 to go :rolleyes: b4 that 3 hours was better luck next time :P

I raid and attack all the time anyway, so dont care much about costs (my IPH is 80k, and I raid 20-40mil a day :D). Game is pretty buggy, so I havent decided yet if and how long I'll play it, but for time being I just play.

Made from lieutenant to captain in LESS than 4 days, wanna see how long it takes to make major

Alo
02-07-2013, 07:39 AM

well guess who got his 25th GPS just 15 minutes ago :D only 4,5hrs left till the end and I got it :) No gold used at all, just need to try to open 16-20 crates a day, half of them doesnt open, some gives U allies, come concrete brick, some unusable low units, some little money...but I finally got my 25 GPS-es.

Last event sucked when only 10 was needed...there I got 7 of them in first 24 hours, then 3 days nothing and only 2 in last day...so missed only 1 friggin thing :mad:

Dutchie
02-07-2013, 09:32 AM
well guess who got his 25th GPS just 15 minutes ago :D only 4,5hrs left till the end and I got it :) No gold used at all, just need to try to open 16-20 crates a day, half of them doesnt open, some gives U allies, come concrete brick, some unusable low units, some little money...but I finally got my 25 GPS-es.

Last event sucked when only 10 was needed...there I got 7 of them in first 24 hours, then 3 days nothing and only 2 in last day...so missed only 1 friggin thing :mad:

Fair play to you and congratulations!

I like my sleep and the WD event is one where I don't get much, so I will restrict my non-sleeping for the WD event and the WD event only. 16-20 crates a day is just not realistic for me.

Once again, job well done and hope you enjoy the new trinkets!

Groetjes,
Dutchie

spectra
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
SWEET!!!

just got GPS #15 and the 3rd item

my goal was 10 GPS, so this one is a bonus for me

D1EHARD
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM
has the event ended yet

Товарищ
02-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Got 21 parts - man this even the droprate was really cranked up!
Which is good! Free players should have a chance at getting 25!