PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to do overtime.

SinSir
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm at work at it 5pm time to pack up and go, so instead I agree to do overtime found the elusive engine, put it in my car & took it home.

Am I a cheat??????????????

N.B The company I'm working with cheats & lies all the time.
The company robs gold like robin hood but never gives to the poor.

Dipstik
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
If the building falls on your head, you're done doing overtime.

dudeman
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
If the building falls on your head, you're done doing overtime.

Lol!

You only do overtime knowing full well that you're there until it crashes. Makes sense that if you do overtime at work you're there until the building collapses!

SinSir
01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't like overtime myself only did it this once & this was because the rate on offer were too good to refuse.
Is there any point getting so worked up over a few different coloured pixels.
I just did it because the company messed me up on the last 10 event.

Dudeman do them modifiers accumulate to give you 45% faster & 60% cheaper building upgrades.

dudeman
01-31-2013, 10:50 AM
The modifiers I have stack for 39.25% faster and 51% cheaper. I'm basically growing my IPH in double time compared to someone with zero upgrade mods.

Speaking of OT though, the Loaded Dice was the first upgrade bonus I got, and it came 5 hours into OT (with hourly gold opens).

On that last event, I got item 15 and the car bomb 10 minutes into OT. I was going to try for 20 but things happened and I didn't. The game didn't crash though, so I'm still a bit frustrated at myself (my own fault OT ended :p).

mofisto
01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
On that last event, I got item 15 and the car bomb 10 minutes into OT. I was going to try for 20 but things happened and I didn't. The game didn't crash though, so I'm still a bit frustrated at myself (my own fault OT ended :p).

Same. Was at 14 at start of overtime, got the 15th on my second open, then up to 17 over the course of the night.

Woke up this morning and I must have pressed some buttons in my sleep. Was pretty annoyed to be honest

SinSir
01-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Dudeman the mod weapons you've accumulated seem quite good sort of makes up for the mosbergate.

OT was kinda cool for me I manage to end on 16 in realtime, but only took another 8 opens to get the next 4 in the last 3 hours I had zero got 24 boxes decided I needed more but as I use a pattern on the boxes had to wait for energy refill by that time I had forgotten it hit event ending soon malarkey.
So the anticipation of not knowing 23 boxes in OT were to be enough was quite fun, holding your breath everytime you're in the game so it don't crash or worst still crash at 19 & seeing another hour your have to wait once you get the dreaded blnt.

Not including better luck next time:

First set of 5 - all engines.
Second set of 5 - 1x enforcer jacket,1x deviant coat, 1x z racer, 1x 300rp, 3x $10k, 1x $50k.
Third set of 5 - 2x enforcer jacket, 3x deviant coat, 2x z racer, 3x hitman sniper, 4x 300rp, 2x $10k, 3x $50k.
Final 5 - 1x enforcer jacket, 3x z racer, 2x $10k, 2x $50k.

I don't mind the top 25 events, it the 10 item event that I've never been good at.
OT gave me 4 engines on 8 opens not too bad the boxes at the last 3 hour till the event ended yielded a better engine ratio.

The game probably crashed in the night, less likely you accidentally pressed home button.

tassychris
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Is it fair that only some are able to do OT though. Android uses are not offered this benefit. I think I'll take it up with the union.

Ripper
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Is it fair that only some are able to do OT though. Android uses are not offered this benefit. I think I'll take it up with the union.

Android do have OT . I usually go day or two into over time.

I finished this event with 18 and got another 2 in 4 hours of OT. Must say was very lucky this time as I got 20th just before going to bed and in the morning all this problems with new data started.

Alice
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM

Actually you can use a computer to run BlueStacks and run CC Android on it, never crashes. Besides, you can program your mouse and do some auto click things, like collecting your laundromat or open boxes once every hour.

thevlad
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Actually you can use a computer to run BlueStacks and run CC Android on it, never crashes. Besides, you can program your mouse and do some auto click things, like collecting your laundromat or open boxes once every hour.

+1 for android wow
I have iOS and this is the first one up they've gotten so far lol

Beardy
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM

Making macro's to click for you I would actually class as cheating though.

Not OT, that's fine.

Ak Killah
01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
That's definitely cheating.

Tomatoneverdie
01-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I do OT and it got me my 20-engine car this time....

Burn
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
OT is glitching. Any use of unintended game mechanics for gain is glitching.

There is no such thing as a big cheater and a little cheater, a cheater is a cheater.

Just saying.

Besides which, you can take far greater personal pride in knowing you are playing 100% legit - particularly when hacking/glitching/cheating is now so widespread.

Do not be seduced by the lure of the dark side ;)

Beardy
01-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Why do you class it as a glitch Burn?

It's been there from the first event of its type and hasn't changed since..

Burn
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Already said it... Any use of (perhaps 'exploitation of' is more accurate) unintended game mechanics for gain is glitching.

Any.

In my opinion.

Others will see it differently. Down to you, your morals, and your definition of what is right and wrong. All about personal choices. ;)

cooch
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Already said it... Any use of (perhaps 'exploitation of' is more accurate) unintended game mechanics for gain is glitching.

Any.

In my opinion.

Others will see it differently. Down to you, your morals, and your definition of what is right and wrong. All about personal choices. ;)

Wouldn't Gree be the decider of what cheating is? If it was a big problem they would either stop it or give the dreaded ban. You're right to each his own however....

Beardy
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Of course it's intended by Gree. Why would it say event end's 'Soon'?

I have said this before a long time ago.. The count down timer is for when the boxes stop dropping. It's up to the player to choose when to stop opening and close the game.

It's talked about on these forums all the time, if they didn't intend for it they would stop it.

mxz
01-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Already said it... Any use of (perhaps 'exploitation of' is more accurate) unintended game mechanics for gain is glitching.The difference is this isn't necessarily an unintended game mechanic. Other events (like bosses) end when the timer hits 0. Box events could very easily be run the same way. The fact that they're not means OT is an accepted part of gameplay. Gree probably makes quite a bit of money off it, too - as people continue to use gold to open/reset boxes.

Keeping your app open isn't a glitch. It's tough to think a developer wants people to close their app.

Burn
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Good point, well made.

I'll agree to call it a 'grey area' then ;)

All are forgiven :P

Alice
01-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Don't think Gree really cares about this...they are too busy making new events to make money

The minimum gold used for top 250 I saw was like about 1000 gold, let's say if 100 gold for an engine, then it's 100 USD to reach top 250. Considering the number of engines scaling up, I would assume Gree got 0.1 million USD from a single event.

cooch
01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Don't think Gree really cares about this...they are too busy making new events to make money

The minimum gold used for top 250 I saw was like about 1000 gold, let's say if 100 gold for an engine, then it's 100 USD to reach top 250. Considering the number of engines scaling up, I would assume Gree got 0.1 million USD from a single event.

Imagine how profitable other games are when CC is like only #60...MW dropped down from 6th as well which surprised me after their Syndicate wars. So they probably cleared $.25MM USD the last 7 days between all those dropping gold on the last event, the Crates, etc. Not too shabby.

Dipstik
01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't use ot because I actually need my device for work and rarely go a day without needing to close the app. Also, there are other games...

Alice
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Imagine how profitable other games are when CC is like only #60...MW dropped down from 6th as well which surprised me after their Syndicate wars. So they probably cleared $.25MM USD the last 7 days between all those dropping gold on the last event, the Crates, etc. Not too shabby.

Definitely...and don't really think they can or are willing to detect any macros, in fact, I've still got 9 RPGs in my inventory, which is an unfixed bug about a year ago...

RedEyePad
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
I just took OT to the limit, working on roll of film #10 for over 10 days - finally got it yesterday morning. The cost was pretty severe though, I missed out on the entire subsequent box event, had to squander over a week's worth of energy and stamina accumulation on a zero-camping account, plus lost all other use of my iPad for the entire time, so it wasn't strictly an extreme gain, I just wanted to get my first modifier after over a year of daily playing.

MXZ said it best: the existence of OT is not the result of any technological or informational limitation on the developer's part, and is therefore part of the intended game dynamics. Knowledge of how to maximize the opportunity afforded by OT is just an advantage that accrues to the informed player, similar to how the use of detailed spreadsheets allows me to spend more efficiently than someone who flies by the seat of his or her pants.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/bua16.jpg

Alice
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I just took OT to the limit, working on roll of film #10 for over 10 days - finally got it yesterday morning. The cost was pretty severe though, I missed out on the entire subsequent box event, had to squander over a week's worth of energy and stamina accumulation on a zero-camping account, plus lost all other use of my iPad for the entire time, so it wasn't strictly an extreme gain, I just wanted to get my first modifier after over a year of daily playing.

MXZ said it best: the existence of OT is not the result of any technological or informational limitation on the developer's part, and is therefore part of the intended game dynamics. Knowledge of how to maximize the opportunity afforded by OT is just an advantage that accrues to the informed player, similar to how the use of detailed spreadsheets allows me to spend more efficiently than someone who flies by the seat of his or her pants.

Congratulations! This is amazing!

cooch
02-01-2013, 03:46 PM

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/bua16.jpg

Like I said you would be setting a record! Congrats! I'm not sure it's worth is and would be impossible to do on my Iphone. If you have will and are using a notebook or ipod type device it could be.... Now join the rest of us in the BOSS/PVP event!

dudeman
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
^^ Yes, so amazing that we must continue bumping this. It's not like they've ever nerfed something that was well-known to exist and publicly discussed for months before they realized they didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Oh wait...

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/6a4d30fc.jpg

lsjs41
02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
im on droid and OT worked well for me in the last collect 10 event, i really wanted the evidence blaster.

Beardy
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
^^ Yes, so amazing that we must continue bumping this. It's not like they've ever nerfed something that was well-known to exist and publicly discussed for months before they realized they didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Oh wait...

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/6a4d30fc.jpg

That's different though. Gree leave it up to the player if they want to use OT.

'Yes, so amazing that we must continue bumping this.' - Irony.

Scarface corleone
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
OT is glitching. Any use of unintended game mechanics for gain is glitching.

There is no such thing as a big cheater and a little cheater, a cheater is a cheater.

Just saying.

Besides which, you can take far greater personal pride in knowing you are playing 100% legit - particularly when hacking/glitching/cheating is now so widespread.

Do not be seduced by the lure of the dark side ;)

If the game glitches to allow you to place a condo in the same space as another condo..
I.e. (right on top of it) would that be considered cheating?

If there are glitches out there that prevent you from losing cash when robbed.. Is that cheating?

Because I have done both of those things. Unfortunately my condo glitched out after 3 months and I had to move it..

If you discovered a glitch are you saying you wouldn't exploit it? There is a big difference in using in game glitches over jail breaking your phone and using gold cheats to acquire 600k stats.. Just saying ...

RedEyePad
02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Noting that acceptability of prior disclosure was explicitly conditioned on the observation that this is not a glitch.