PDA

View Full Version : Some n00b questions :)

Alo
01-31-2013, 04:08 AM
Hello

Since I'm pretty newbie here I thought to ask some questions from smarter ppl :cool:

I've been playing it for 1 month now + couple of days. This is what I'm doing: land expansion 24/7, vault upgrade 24/7, building upgrade 24/7, building almoust 24/7, but sometimes I just run out of land and have to wait for expansion. Most things I already get, but some are still "fuzzy."

1) What does it give to raid dock, airfield, factory etc? You dont get any money from there, but one guy raided ALL my military buildings and no money buildings. Then again, my money buildings have so low levels that even I wouldnt raid them :D

2) How/where would be the best to stop evolving? First I put all my points into energy to do missions etc. Then I discovered raiding and attacking. Now I made myself from lieutenant to captain in LESS than 4 days :rolleyes: it also costed me many leveling ups too. Then again couple of weeks ago I had stamina 5, now I have 20+ (all level ups go to stamina).

2.1) how fast other levels are possible? From Captain to Major? Major to Colonel etc

3) attacking/raiding others, then it SHOULD take all Your best attacking units with U into battle right? Well I upgraded my dock less than 20hrs ago to lvl4, so I got my hands on cruisers (A/D 12/16), bought already 60+ of them (big tnx to go out all the donators who give me 40 times more money than I get from my buildings...my own IPH is already 80k, raiding gives 20-40 million a day). But it still takes into battle those tactical units (A/D 11/11), eagle fighter jets (A/D 12/9) etc which have lower attack stats than ships (I mean 20+ ships just sit on dock and never see the battlefield). Was hoping more ships to hold down costs (very low rate vs medium rate).

Valour I dont waste on units, tried it at the beginning, but thos GIGNs died like flies. So right now over 35 000 valour is waiting for me to level up buildings and get better units.

NB! Just in case gonna point out, that I'm a FREE player, dont use gold and stuff, pure brain power only (and I know that at some point gold power will run me over). Also other players 13 month head start plays a role too :cool:

Alo
02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
*BUMP* :rolleyes:

azy
02-04-2013, 07:50 AM
You are right, those are n00b questions.

Welcome to MW. May I suggest that you read the various getting started guides available in these forums? People will be very happy to help after you show that you've put a modicum of effort into understanding the game. You seem to be interested in the inner workings, so I think you'll find those guides very informative.

Tournai
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-(read-first-post)

Sillybeans
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-(read-first-post)

I read that but it left out alot of important information about events.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Boss-Information

^ Best levels to stop. I started about 2 months ago, if you want to get stronger without gold STOP In the boss tiers. They're the only units that ill give you a chance. As for valor it depend son army... I'm russian and dumped about 50k valor into super hornets.

@ lv 49
Atk: 28.9k
Def: 30k

I Am a decent gold spender.... but if your ever going to buy gold get a composite factory for 20% more defense when maxed.

Alo
02-06-2013, 05:23 AM
You are right, those are n00b questions.

Welcome to MW. May I suggest that you read the various getting started guides available in these forums? People will be very happy to help after you show that you've put a modicum of effort into understanding the game. You seem to be interested in the inner workings, so I think you'll find those guides very informative.

well those guides doesnt give much answer to the questions I have :rolleyes: I just thought some players with knowledge and experience could help out...but seems there arent any (or they just dont bother).

I read that but it left out alot of important information about events.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Boss-Information

^ Best levels to stop. I started about 2 months ago, if you want to get stronger without gold STOP In the boss tiers. They're the only units that ill give you a chance. As for valor it depend son army... I'm russian and dumped about 50k valor into super hornets.

@ lv 49
Atk: 28.9k
Def: 30k

I Am a decent gold spender.... but if your ever going to buy gold get a composite factory for 20% more defense when maxed.

that boss waiting 1 minute thingie I thought out myself several weeks b4 I even discovered the forums here :D but having to know its whole health is good, although I wont be winning lvl35 boss never, cause I dont plan use gold (too buggy game to throw real money in).

Tctiger
02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
1. they hit your military buildings for bp.
2.depends on your style , if you are a free player i would stock up on defence points .
3.depends on how much you attack / raid , find targets that pay out good bp with no/low unit loss to rank up quicker (i can get around 100k bp a week).
a free player will need a good iph to stock up and replace high end units ,valor units get the best you can get ,don't bother with infantry valor units and just mlrs and eed in ground valor,sea units will last longest .

orange
02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I also have a question,
Why does my infirmary have a boost of -2%?

Please help

Alo
02-07-2013, 08:13 AM
1. they hit your military buildings for bp.
2.depends on your style , if you are a free player i would stock up on defence points .
3.depends on how much you attack / raid , find targets that pay out good bp with no/low unit loss to rank up quicker (i can get around 100k bp a week).
a free player will need a good iph to stock up and replace high end units ,valor units get the best you can get ,don't bother with infantry valor units and just mlrs and eed in ground valor,sea units will last longest .

why hit military buildings when U could raid and get some money too in aside?

well I raid for money and bp, but lately its getting harder and harder to find ppl to raid. Sea units die like flies too. Have lost 50+ amphibious troopers and cruisers in last couple of days (although they should have VERY LOW casuality rate). Not to mention all those eagle fighters and tanks that go. I've made 85 000 bp in last 7 days (its hard to do with 20 stamina...but right now already 40 stamina cause of all those leveling ups) :D Valour is already up to 51 000 too, so seems that I make 15 000 valour a week :D

iph like I said is ~80k, dont have time to upgrade money buildings, upgrading dock and airfield all the time to get better units. Upgrading takes too friggin long time :D So my money buildings are so low level that even I would raid myself :D

I also have a question,

Please help

its unit loss "boost" so U'll lose 2% less units, so all is OK.

GRW
02-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I also have a question,

Please help

It is -2 because the boost lessens the amount of units you lose.... So the building can in time if you upgrade it lessen your unit loses by 20 % ... -20 .... Please don't ask me how I get to the -20 figure

Tctiger
02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
could be the xp to valor ratio or maybe small amounts of money mean nothing to them , i hit a lot of supply depots and armory as they give you less xp for the same bp. i find that having a lot of weeker units helps protect my bigger units but seems like nothing can protect your valor units , i pick my targets well and i don't really lose any units at all , if i pick someone near my stats i will lose a lot of high valor units mainly as well as some cash units so i only hit strong players for good rewards , i would only use infantry units as meet shields nothing else . everyone has thier own ideas but i have found a balanced army works well so far and i try to have big numbers of sea units as my bulk as i am uk and they last longer .

Alo
02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
could be the xp to valor ratio or maybe small amounts of money mean nothing to them , i hit a lot of supply depots and armory as they give you less xp for the same bp. i find that having a lot of weeker units helps protect my bigger units but seems like nothing can protect your valor units , i pick my targets well and i don't really lose any units at all , if i pick someone near my stats i will lose a lot of high valor units mainly as well as some cash units so i only hit strong players for good rewards , i would only use infantry units as meet shields nothing else . everyone has thier own ideas but i have found a balanced army works well so far and i try to have big numbers of sea units as my bulk as i am uk and they last longer .

well today is the big day, gonna get major rank soon. So from captain to major in 22 days :) Not bad for a n00b.

And just 1,5 months ago I had only 5 stamina and learning the ropes. Now Have 60+ stamina and growing. 10 000+ successful raids and 3000+ successful attacks, I only go for the money :) Using commandos as shield...but still losing hovercrafts, pavelovs etc ****load. Still making more in raiding than from buildings (also IPH is already 110k :D)

P.S Any suggestions, when should I stop bumping points to stamina and start dumping them all to attack skill?

Hammer mike
02-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Not sure but I think you are leveling too fast!! I just made Major and I'm over 600k IPH. This game is not a race to the top. Not sure what your attack and defense #s are but I'm A/55k D/65k with my skill points at 90. I leveled faster than I wanted to during Greenland helping the faction.

Alo
02-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Not sure but I think you are leveling too fast!! I just made Major and I'm over 600k IPH. This game is not a race to the top. Not sure what your attack and defense #s are but I'm A/55k D/65k with my skill points at 90. I leveled faster than I wanted to during Greenland helping the faction.

I know that I level up too fast but what can I do...just nothing???? Point of the game is to play (not sit and camp cause otherwise ppl will attack) and when I've had enough then quit. I know this game is too much out of balance towards money ppl but....I already started to play it. Soon gold players will be hitting me and then I can conclude this game. Depends when it comes and how hard the hitting will be. Right now I make 1-3 levels a day (lately usually 1-2 per day). I do 300+ raids/attacks daily and from there comes ****load of experience (I myself get attacked 1-3 times a day). My A/D is below 10k :p but I have 88k valor in stock for emergencies :D I could make my A/D number many times bigger....if I start adding allies too. Dont want that count to go high now (otherwise too weak units go to battle). IPH is secondary for me, cause then I dont get raided (my levels are so low that I wouldnt want to raid myself). Upgrading military buildings all the time to get better units :D but waiting 4+ days to get shipyard upgraded is painful.