PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers & EBA?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
I was recently told by a player purporting to be a beta tester, that beta testers have immediate power to ban players for 72 hours. .................................................. .

The emergency ban authority, the BT called it EBA, locks the alleged offending player out for 72 hours until higher level authorities can investigate, intervene, and restore order. .. .................................................. .......

I found this information laughable.

I'm wondering if you've heard this nonsense, too?.................................

Bart
01-31-2013, 12:10 AM
No, I am a beta tester, and I don't see that feature anywhere.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-31-2013, 12:13 AM
No, I am a beta tester, and I don't see that feature anywhere.

Well, just as I suspected.

Excuse me, I suddenly have some urgent business that I must address.

Selfproclaimed
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Sure it wasn't a forum mod?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Sure it wasn't a forum mod?Oh yes, maybe MORE like a forum troll.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-31-2013, 01:43 AM
"EBA". Haha.. That is laughable. Emergency Ban Authority... I would abuse the frak out of that. Also.. I'm wondering what situation would arise that would prompt such an option. "He's got better stats then me.. And just robbed me for $4.2M.. No chance for retribution so I MUST invoke article 3 section 2 of the Beta Tester Rights and Responsibilities (BTRR- which clearly states.. IF ALL ELSE FAILS CLAIM THE OPPOSING PLAYER IS A HACKER AND UTILIZE YOUR EBA)"

Baraka
01-31-2013, 01:59 AM
That would be abused so much lol !!!

Hiddendragon
01-31-2013, 04:27 AM
I was recently told by a player purporting to be a beta tester, that beta testers have immediate power to ban players for 72 hours. .................................................. .

The emergency ban authority, the BT called it EBA, locks the alleged offending player out for 72 hours until higher level authorities can investigate, intervene, and restore order. .. .................................................. .......

I found this information laughable.

I'm wondering if you've heard this nonsense, too?.................................
Bans frequently happen in a matter of seconds...both character bans as well as
Internet address bans. These aforementioned bans are permanent...not 72 hours.