PDA

View Full Version : Iron Mole - the brain child of Thunder Child

Thunder Child
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Just seen the new LE units, one of which is the Iron Mole.

Back in December we were asked to contribute to a thread to "Create the Ultimate Event Reward"....

I did..... on page 1

It was the Iron Mole!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42894-Create-the-Ultimate-Event-Reward!&highlight=iron+mole

While fully understanding all ideas submitted to Gree become their intellectual property, wouldn't it be nice to be credited for the idea? It wouldn't cost Gree a single cent to put this awesome unit (ok, it has mediocre stats!) into both of my accounts (554-164-644 & 274-607-763)....

CJ, when you read this, I have sent you a PM asking you to do the honorable thing.

Everyone else, hope you enjoy this distinctive unit, the Brain Child of Thunder Child!

Thunder Child
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
In addition......

MXZ proposed the Snow Machine and Helmi88 proposed the Flying Aircraft Carrier in the same thread....

Perhaps they too should be recognized and duly awarded the unit?

Kara T
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Yep that was the deal......I say he should get it!

Dr. Dengus
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
In addition......

MXZ proposed the Snow Machine and Helmi88 proposed the Flying Aircraft Carrier in the same thread....

Perhaps they too should be recognized and duly awarded the unit?

Noticed that too, and congrats on being chosen. TEG also recommended the Rail Gun Stryker. Imo they should compensate you guys with an entire set of these units! Wonder if the set bonus units were influenced by that contest as well?

Thunder Child
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Noticed that too, and congrats on being chosen. TEG also recommended the Rail Gun Stryker. Imo they should compensate you guys with an entire set of these units! Wonder if the set bonus units were influenced by that contest as well?

Of course, I would be happier with the whole set!

And perhaps now that we know that all for units were taken from the ideas of four forum players, it's fairer that we all get a full set - since MXZ would obviously 'lose' out because his snow machine has the poorest stats and Helmi's Aircraft Carrier has pretty good ones.

CAPT.GIN
01-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Ah thunder child you are correct and deserve to be rewarded my friend congrulations to you my friend

Dr. Dengus
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Of course, I would be happier with the whole set!

Looks like you'll get one after all! CJ's last post in the original thread was :

Hey guys, we have selected finalists on feasibility/aesthetics/etc., and it looks like we are actually going with an LE set out of them so that we can use all four (more winners!). The winners will be announced when the LE set goes live and will all receive a free full set.

Some of the proposed item bonuses are pretty cool, and one or more may actually see the light of day down the line (if so, we'll let people know).

Couldn't do an official quote since thread was locked.

Thunder Child
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
DD, you the man!

Thanks for pulling that up! Look forward to official confirmation and my new units!!!!

manbeast
01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Manbeast approves of this message.

No question, TC and others should get the units they helped create.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Good lookin units you guys submitted, enjoy your full LE set whenever you get it TC!! Congrats

TEG
01-30-2013, 06:53 PM

Thanks for noticing. Replying so my "Falconator" player ID (964-163-508) shows up in my sig.
Would be really sweet to get a set!

Xela
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
You deserve the full sets on both your accounts TC...congrats man!!!

CJ54
01-30-2013, 07:09 PM

Back in December we were asked to contribute to a thread to "Create the Ultimate Event Reward"....

I did..... on page 1

It was the Iron Mole!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42894-Create-the-Ultimate-Event-Reward!&highlight=iron+mole

While fully understanding all ideas submitted to Gree become their intellectual property, wouldn't it be nice to be credited for the idea? It wouldn't cost Gree a single cent to put this awesome unit (ok, it has mediocre stats!) into both of my accounts (554-164-644 & 274-607-763)....

CJ, when you read this, I have sent you a PM asking you to do the honorable thing.

Everyone else, hope you enjoy this distinctive unit, the Brain Child of Thunder Child!

Hey TC, I hope you and the other winners will accept my apologies for being a bit behind on the official post for this (and for the rewards). I was down in the trenches with the team today working on resolving some post-Brazil issues. I'll have a post up (and award a full set to all four peoples' accounts who suggested them) shortly.

BringIt
01-30-2013, 07:33 PM
why dont these units have the bonuses that people included and the stats are also dumbed down? I was saving gold for them but I'm not interested anymore

CJ54
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
why dont these units have the bonuses that people included and the stats are also dumbed down? I was saving gold for them but I'm not interested anymore

Because some of the bonuses in that thread were impossible or completely game-breaking, which is cool, but it would have taken so long to program most of them that we couldn't have gotten these out in any reasonable time period. Plus we wanted more winners. So LE set. Other ideas are still in the table for the future.

Thunder Child
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks for this, CJ!

I have sent you a PM taking you up on the offer to switch these to my other player.

Just in case, please could you put them in 274607763.

Thanks again!

mxz
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
I think these just doubled my stats :p

Gambit12
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM

I did..... on page 1

It was the Iron Mole!

I just check your link TC & i think you nerf your own pics...

My Terminator guy in page 8 didn't won. I thought he was the bad boy in that thread...Lol!

Dr. Dengus
01-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Here's some larger images:

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/SnowMachine.png
Snow Machine 38/28

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/RailGunStryker.png
Rail Gun Stryker 32/72

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/IronMole.png
Iron Mole 163/75

http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/FlyingAircraftCarrier.png
Flying Aircraft Carrier 297/234

Procyon
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Congratulations, TC and all! Tres cool.

@ CJ - last time I came back from Sao Paulo I also was "working on resolving some post-Brazil issues" but good old Kaopectate was the answer.

TEG
01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Gree sure has some good artists. I like how they did the units based on our examples.

Selfproclaimed
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Even the iron mole. Is thunder child's color,red/ blue of Thor

Helmi88
01-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Thank you Cj . I have receive my full sets LE with bonus unit . That was fast . Congratulation to TC , mxz and TEG .

Big O
01-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Congrats to you guys. Very creative!

mickymacirl
02-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Just cos I loved the units in the first place I had bought the LE pack, I didn't realize they were from players! Well done everyone! TC is a god!