PDA

View Full Version : Faction PvP Event

Jhenry02
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
For the curious minds that want to know.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x105/JasonHenry2002/6EEFBA5E-042B-40BD-B93D-EA805591619D-3796-000002E2C51DFC36.jpg

CasualPlayer
01-30-2013, 03:36 PM

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x105/JasonHenry2002/6EEFBA5E-042B-40BD-B93D-EA805591619D-3796-000002E2C51DFC36.jpg
P
Ok so for us clueless lazy people in different time zones, exactly how many hours away is this? Btw the prize isn't that great compared to what's been offered recently

Dutchie
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
13 hours and 22 minutes away I thinkNah... 17hrs 21mins

SoccerStud
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I had my time zones mixed up, I deleted my post

CasualPlayer
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
18 hours and 22 minutes away I think

Thanks mate!

Dutchie
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks mate!You thanked the wrong person ;P

CasualPlayer
01-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Haha, why thank you kind sir!

Dutchie
01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
My pleasure!

Type "eastern time" into Google and they will display the clock for you. Handy for nearer the time if you lose track of your countdown ;)

CasualPlayer
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
My pleasure!

Type "eastern time" into Google and they will display the clock for you. Handy for nearer the time if you lose track of your countdown ;)

Nice one will do. Like the fact beat the boss will still be on, so close to levelling up but held on so may get another boss item as well

SGT Calzada
01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
When raiding if I raid the same opponent over and over till my stamina is depleted does it count for one raid or does it count for each successful raid?
Sgt Calzada
Legend amongst mere mortal men

Jhenry02
01-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Each successful raid

HGF69
01-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Not sure its worth going for this for these reasons
1) We all know this will affaect your pairings for Greenland, in other words do well and meet the top factions
2) Too close to Greenland, better saving resources
3) Pretty awful prize

Hiddendragon
01-31-2013, 06:33 AM

Ridiculous as usual....leaves about 5000 factions out of the game!

CplJC
01-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Ridiculous as usual....leaves about 5000 factions out of the game!
You be surprise..Most top factions dont try for it..and most of the top players just regurlarly attack.

Thief
01-31-2013, 07:36 AM
Not sure its worth going for this for these reasons
1) We all know this will affaect your pairings for Greenland, in other words do well and meet the top factions
2) Too close to Greenland, better saving resources
3) Pretty awful prize

1) Where has it been Stated that PVP Results will determine who you are matched up with? The only things i've seen is for the first Event it was supposed to be based on Strength and then from there it's supposed to be based on WD points.

2) To me Stamina is a free resource to use up....Yea i might have casualties but at this rate my Cash Units aren't going to account for much anyways.

3) Prize is certainly Sub-par when you compare it to the LE, Crates, Boss and WD prizes. No argument there.

HGF69
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
1) Where has it been Stated that PVP Results will determine who you are matched up with? The only things i've seen is for the first Event it was supposed to be based on Strength and then from there it's supposed to be based on WD points.

2) To me Stamina is a free resource to use up....Yea i might have casualties but at this rate my Cash Units aren't going to account for much anyways.

3) Prize is certainly Sub-par when you compare it to the LE, Crates, Boss and WD prizes. No argument there.

On point 1 I asked this of CJ twice in open threads and he declined to answer. That's enough for me but once Brazil began we were never paired with any faction that didn't finish in the top 110 so it kind if answers my question, for me anyway.

Dutchie
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
On point 1 I asked this of CJ twice in open threads and he declined to answer. That's enough for me but once Brazil began we were never paired with any faction that didn't finish in the top 110 so it kind if answers my question, for me anyway.

That is not the reason for being paired with top factions! The answer lies in your signature ;P

CDR Shepard
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
That is not the reason for being paired with top factions! The answer lies in your signature ;P

Haha this :) Seriously, Try being ranked in the thousands and then having that problem. Then you may complain :P

Agent Orange
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I wonder how many factions will actually participate given the low stat prize and only the top 50 factions. Doesn't seem worth it for anyone that placed lower than maybe 80th to 100th.

Thief
01-31-2013, 02:53 PM

I ask Questions all the time....Most of them don't get Answered. Doesn't mean i should make up my answers based on what i think is convienient.

As for Being Paired....The first Event Was Based on Strenth. It's clear that is what you were trying to recruit. You figure the top 100 Factions also all had 32+ members and after that you probably saw a drop off in the number of players so almost anyone competing in top 100 were competing with each other. I know i saw Superfaction 5-6 Times and over half our battles were with Factions in the top 25. You know why? We finished in the top 25.

I wonder how many factions will actually participate given the low stat prize and only the top 50 factions. Doesn't seem worth it for anyone that placed lower than maybe 80th to 100th.

I have to agree. If you don't have 36 members in your faction (or your willing to spend gold) then what is the point? Those in the top 50 will probably continue to be in the top 50. Realistically this needs to be tiered in the same way as WD events. Make Top 10, 25, 50, 100, 1000 or something. You don't have to make them cumulative but give everyone an incentive to participate.

CJ54
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM

That's because the top 100 was really, really similar to each other in overall strength and level of participation in the game (EDIT: And number of people in the faction actively playing). The people who are most involved in the game are going to end up matched up against each other when it starts looking at WD points because more involvement = more WD points. Also, the basic mechanic is similar. I understand it would look causative from the clumps you see at various points in each list, but it isn't.

CplJC
01-31-2013, 07:53 PM
That's because the top 100 was really, really similar to each other in overall strength and level of participation in the game (EDIT: And number of people in the faction actively playing). The people who are most involved in the game are going to end up matched up against each other when it starts looking at WD points because more involvement = more WD points. Also, the basic mechanic is similar. I understand it would look causative from the clumps you see at various points in each list, but it isn't.If by your definition then why was my Faction constantly matched for 2 days straight with the top 25...we weren't in the top 100..? hmm It felt like we were cheated..Specially since we got 65% of our points on day 1

Alo
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
That's because the top 100 was really, really similar to each other in overall strength and level of participation in the game (EDIT: And number of people in the faction actively playing). The people who are most involved in the game are going to end up matched up against each other when it starts looking at WD points because more involvement = more WD points. Also, the basic mechanic is similar. I understand it would look causative from the clumps you see at various points in each list, but it isn't.

but You should REALLY take into consideration member count too when comparing factions power. We where 30 member faction, one opponent was 4 member faction. Do You think ANY one of us could hit them successfully...given those 4 members had total power of our 30 members.

alphacharlie
02-01-2013, 04:12 AM
The people who are most involved in the game are going to end up matched up against each other when it starts looking at WD points because more involvement = more WD points. Also, the basic mechanic is similar.

Are matchings following the same mechanism in Greenland -- first based on overall strength, then later by WD points? WD points from Brazil are not involved in Greenland?

HGF69
02-01-2013, 04:22 AM
So we can expect the same for Greenland, okay.

Dcarrington
02-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Raiding buildings counts the same as attacking someone, right or wrong. Heck I hope it does other wise I have just wasted a bunch stamina .... Someone please verify.

Dutchie
02-01-2013, 05:29 AM
It does indeed.

RolandBorrey
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
The top 50 limited prize, will only bring the top 80 factions to compete, and probably none of the top 10, why would a PUN compete 4 days for a 300 pt units.
It is obvious that after the debacle of the BfB, Gree marketing pile another craziness, it must be an engineer that handles the marketing, he is basically clueless, fire him and get somebody that understand the market!

TEG
02-01-2013, 11:14 AM
My senses is a lot of this was "luck of the draw" with timing. When one faction declared war there wasn't necessarily a good matched apposing faction also in a war state. I suspect they toyed with the idea of forcing similar factions into battle, but those factions not ready to declare war wouldn't like that (right?), so instead the pairings were sometimes mis-matched. Once a faction declares war they need to find someone to battle in a reasonable amount of time.

I suspect some of this was due to stuck leaderboard that caused many factions to sit and wait for a while.
Hopefully next battle will have more active factions so matchups will be quicker and better matched.

maxy
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
New PvP header says event is now through 2/4! Did it start on thursday 1/31? Is it ending sunday or monday?

BravoII
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Can someone please tell me how to declare war in the PvP tournament. I have looked threw the whole menu and cant find anything to declare war. Someone please help me out.

Dudebot121256
02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Can someone please tell me how to declare war in the PvP tournament. I have looked threw the whole menu and cant find anything to declare war. Someone please help me out.You don't "declare war" in PVP tournaments. The only time you would declare war is in World Domination events. In PVP tournaments, you simply attack or raid users. Also, sorry for the late reply.