PDA

View Full Version : boosts

Tctiger
01-30-2013, 08:27 AM
I am sure when you attacked people it just showed your raw stats and rivals raw stats , since the wd event it now shows fluctuating stats i am guessing this is the random roll of the dice factor showing up now . I have noticed when it shows the lowest attack stat (in the fluctuating bracket )that is my raw stat being used for that single attack , so i am concluding that all the boost builings and the boost units that you may have do not work on every attack you make just some of them when it gives you your full boosted stat . I am guessing this is the same with defense stats when defending your base from attacks .
If i am correct shouldn't our boosts be working with every attack not just some of them ?
Could it be that the random factor not only gives one player an aditional boost but also takes away all of one players boosts ?
It seems i will either get my raw stats used , raw stats + boosts, or raw stats + boosts + random boost .
I thought that we always used our boosts but it seems not ?

MadManDK
01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Skill points also places a role in the calculation, the reason I say this is because I've met a few skill points hackers during B4B, with multiple mill. in defense and normal raw stats.

Poopenshire
01-30-2013, 08:56 AM
I have screen shots show my attack against another player showing my attack went below the vaule of my building boosts as posted on my stat page. Looks like attack and defense boosts from buildings don't work all the time either.

Poopenshire
01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Skill points also places a role in the calculation, the reason I say this is because I've met a few skill points hackers during B4B, with multiple mill. in defense and normal raw stats.

There is no reason my stats should go below those posted on my stat page.... I have proof.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Perhaps the number you see is not the real number?

The real number might be INVISIBLE to protect your privacy.

Have you tried viewing the result wearing 3D glasses?

Domino_brown
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
The number you see in your stats page is your final boosted stats ( faction a/d boost do not work yet)
When you attack , skill points are added to your boosted stats , then the whole total gets a random multiplier ( up to 15% up or down )

So if the ' random' multiplier is negitive , your attack will be less then your stat page ...

Dutchie
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Maybe they should change the name of these boosts to something like 'deflators' or 'reducers' or 'flatulence'... yeah that will work!

Tctiger
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
I don't think skill points show up in your profile do they ? Which ever way we say it the same thing is happening , if I had no boost buildings would I still have raw stats for my lowest fluctuation or would that go down ? For me it's about 20k higher or lower than my profile stat , that's a 40k difference .
I guess this is to make it more interesting and is the same for everyone , it seems like first attack I have high end of fluctuation then it drops down to low end of fluctuation for most repeat attacks .
I hadn't thought of that PJ ! Maybe I can watch my stats go down in 3D if we meet in WD too .

Domino_brown
01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Skill points don't show in profile , but the do show in the attack screen . If you had no boosts you lowest fluctuation would be -15% of your raw stats.

I really do not understand the confusion on these kind of things, it is all covered in the manual that gree mailed out

Tctiger
01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
So I could be level 2 with 40 gold units with total stats of say 1000 , no boosts no skill points used and I get 700 attack on most attacks and sometimes I get 1000 or 1300 attack , if I purchased 40 expensive units I would want to get my full attack every time ! It should be a random boost or no boost on top of what units and boosts you already have shouldn't it ? I like a bit of randomness but not like this .

BigD@wg
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
So I could be level 2 with 40 gold units with total stats of say 1000 , no boosts no skill points used and I get 700 attack on most attacks and sometimes I get 1000 or 1300 attack , if I purchased 40 expensive units I would want to get my full attack every time ! It should be a random boost or no boost on top of what units and boosts you already have shouldn't it ? I like a bit of randomness but not like this .

I agree. We spend all this time and many of us real money to increase our stats and/or boosts. Then later we find out there is an algorithm that actually will decrease your stats randomly during PVP. It's one thing to have a roll of the dice but wouldn't you think that roll would always yield a net positive effect. Nice kick in the shorts.

boardgames rule
01-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Yea i mean for the boss event i was hitting 20k but when i attack someone i only hit 18-19k. But my profile shows 25k. What?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Yea i mean for the boss event i was hitting 20k but when i attack someone i only hit 18-19k. But my profile shows 25k. What?

Okay, lads and lassies, let me lay some knowledge on you: the scores showing are magical.

Look at it this way, the more deeply you believe in fairies, the more likely you are to see one.

The more you trust in Gree, the higher your scores rise.

If your trust wavers, your score falls.

The message here: Trust thee in Gree.

Amen brethren and sistren.

BigD@wg
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Okay, lads and lassies, let me lay some knowledge on you: the scores showing are magical.

Look at it this way, the more deeply you believe in fairies, the more likely you are to see one.

The more you trust in Gree, the higher your scores rise.

If your trust wavers, your score falls.

The message here: Trust thee in Gree.

Amen brethren and sistren.

You have been very calm, collected, and lets say rather peaceful with your posts the last few days. Is this what they refer to as the calm before the storm? :)

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
You have been very calm, collected, and lets say rather peaceful with your posts the last few days. Is this what they refer to as the calm before the storm? :)Could be, could be not, who's to say? LOL Feeling the love, feeling the love.

mikebarth1955
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
I love to play with numbers, so I have been recording my Attack scores and comparing them with my Profile score. On average, the random attack score is 9,553 points lower than the Profile score. The highest it has been above it is 10,000 and the lowest is -20,000. I've done this since they came out and that is the result on 500+ recorded attacks.

Q Raider
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
When those figures first appeared my HLP only achieved around half it's raw attack score, probably explaining the casualty issues it has........

Or perhaps reading PJ's comment it was that my trust in Gree not only fell, it dug a hole and buried itself.