PDA

View Full Version : Is my faction the only one? Lowered WD faction total after fix.

asdfasdfasdf
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
We got hit with the glitch that reduced WD points during the event. Then, during the event, it was "fixed" and restored to normal. But also during the event, we had a second loss of WD points from the total that extended well after the event had ended. This total wasnt restored until yesterday or the day before. However, that loss of 60% of our point total put us outside the top 1000 when we should be inside.

Has there been any other faction affected by this? Are we the only ones? No one else seems to be chiming in, and we really could use the ship reward for top 1000. Support hasn't responded in 6 days. Thanks guys.

Mastert55
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
It happened to my faction too, during the battle fr brazil, we lost about 200k points but we sent lots of emails to Gree and then we got them restored, it was a temporary glitch for us. We sent Gree almost 50 emails until he finally responded
to one, but again, our points got restored. I would think it's too late for your faction name to appear in the list of top 1000 but he may just give you your prizes if he fixes it.

asdfasdfasdf
01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
By emails, do you mean support tickets? Or is there a better way to get in touch with them about this? I don't really mind the actual ranking at this point (though I would think we should still get the adjusted rank by GREE) as much as I want my faction to enjoy the fruits of their five day labor to the fullest.

Mastert55
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't know, I didn't contact him myself, people volunteered to spam addressing our problem. I think both, I'm not really sure

Flick
01-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Our total was never "fixed" and always remained short of the sum of individual points. More than 100k short by the end of the event.

HGF69
01-30-2013, 12:12 AM
I think that's why the scores have not been posted deliberately. Gree would have to show they hold different scores to what we have and backed up with screenshots.

We finished 86th but we were missing 300k points and have evidence to show it.

The scores need to be published. C'mon Gree openness and accountability eh.

doomnosee
01-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Same here for faction East Coast Elite. First points loss was restored, second points loss was not, costing us at least 200k points, top 100 place and $100s wasted gold. Glitches may be understandable if there was some sort of response, acknowledgment or even apology (?!) from gree. Even more important, will this happen again? If so, to the same factions, random factions, all factions?

@CJ: Any chance of a response to this thread?

asdfasdfasdf
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Glad to hear there are others with the issue, for a second I thought we were on an island there. I would like to keep this up until we hear a response on this, thanks.

mikebarth1955
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
God bless the screenshot function. I took screenshots of all the "wars" I was in, and some of my faction mates did as well. These are screenshots of us being whipped by VFF Bravo (hats off!). Note that the "war" points are the same for both screenshots, but that the summary totals differ.

I also have screenshots of sequential wars where our war points were 50,000 higher than the change in the WD event points. I kept a log of almost all of our wars (gotta sleep sometimes, though) and the event totals almost never matched the amount reported for that particular war.

In short, the function which summed up the points was broken.

Some posters have argued that we should all just bend over and take it like men. When the PvP points were disputed after the tournament before B4B, I was saying the same thing -- but they didn't lose my points during that event, so I didn't care.

So yes, this time it was us, and sucks to be us. Next time, though, it will be your turn to lose points, units, whatever. I think we all have an interest in seeing this sort of thing resolved.

asdfasdfasdf
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Guys! We got a response from CJ:

"We DID take into account the point discrepancies when compiling the winners' list and awarding prizes. That said, anyone who is absolutely convinced that they should have placed higher due to their point total, particularly in cases with screenshots/totals from the event, here is what we're going to do:

-Have your faction leader or an officer (or just one single member of your faction, to avoid duplicates) send in one ticket that has an explanation of the situation. Include the phrase "WD faction point total" in the body of the initial ticket. If you have already sent in a ticket for this exact concern, send a reply to the email confirmation with that phrase in it. ONLY do this if the ticket was for this exact thing.

-If you have screenshots/additional pertinent details: when you receive email confirmation that we have received the ticket, send a reply to that email and attach the screenshots, add the additional details (this keeps it all in one ticket; don't send the screenshots in a separate email).

I will be making a view specifically for tickets that include the phrase I mentioned above, and investigating these cases personally with the help of an engineer. We do understand the concern here due to the bouncing totals, and we would like to make sure every faction was awarded properly for their efforts. Any tickets which include that phrase above that are not related to this exact issue (faction points discrepancy concerns) or that contain other unrelated issues will be closed without response. I want to make sure this gets looked into properly, so I have to ask people with unrelated issues not to abuse this."

Thanks CJ, though I had to go look for this in your recent posts and it was sort of buried, I'm glad this is being done to address the issue. Thank you.

asdfasdfasdf
01-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Still awaiting on this. CJ, if my support issue didn't make it to you, please let me know if you require something else from me. Thanks.

asdfasdfasdf
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Still waiting, two weeks support ticket deleted. Will continue keeping this up until progress is made, thanks.