PDA

View Full Version : Boosts buildings

KizbotBro
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
So I'm hoping that someone out there knows something I don't.

I working on upgrading all these boost buildings I have, It would be more inspiring though If I genuinely knew what their effect was. There are many threads discussing the (in)effectiveness of the infirmary but what about the others?

the Genetics lab says 'Increases infantry power' which I find a little ambiguous. How does it actually effect my army in battle?

should I have noticed my attack stats increase as the building upgrade finishes?

Anybodies insight would be really interesting for me

Infact, any word from GREE would probably be insightful to everyone!

Thief
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I can Confirm that all of the Boost Buildings (excluding the Infarmary) do work

You should see a change in your Attack and Defense when upgrading these buildings
The Composits you will also see a change but it will be in your Defensive Stats only.

For their Value Boos Buildings can't be Beat. Highly Reccomend getting them to lvl 10. I have 2 out of 5 there already and creeping the other 3 up there as well.

Infirmary is still sitting at a lvl 1

BigBassTurd
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
My casualties seemed to be less when I upgraded the infarmary up to level 4, but it could be Gree f'n with the program again. I would say level your composite to lvl10 to get your overall Def up on all units first. Then start on what ever boost building you have more units in, example if you have a ton of Expert Attack Drones level up your eletronics factory to lvl 10. Then start on the next building that you have a lot of high powered units in. The boost buildings are the best bang for your buck to increase your stats.

Dr. Dengus
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Yep, as Thief said the unit boost buildings show up in and affect your profile stats (raising your attack and defense). Ie: Genetics lab at 6 = a 12% boost. So lets say you have an Infantry unit of 120/80 stats, with this building it is now 134/89. They do not affect damage dealt to bosses though.

Wufnu
01-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Dengus why do your attack stats jump up and down?

Dr. Dengus
01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Dengus why do your attack stats jump up and down?

Not sure what you mean exactly. Can you give an example?

Wufnu
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
I have an attack stat of 23K. I attack someone and have an attack value of say 20K, then the next attack it goes to 28K, and then next it goes down to 19K. I wouldn't think the other persons defense boosts should have anything to do with my stats should they?

Procyon
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
@wufnu - There's a wild card thrown in by the developers. I just asked this in another thread and Ph4ntom confirmed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44802-Crazy-Question

Dr. Dengus
01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
I have an attack stat of 23K. I attack someone and have an attack value of say 20K, then the next attack it goes to 28K, and then next it goes down to 19K. I wouldn't think the other persons defense boosts should have anything to do with my stats should they?

Ahh. It's a combination of your Attack skill points and your opponent's Defense skill points causing the fluctuation. So, my guess is at least, if you have 20 Attack SPs but your opponent has 50 Defense SPs you'll probably notice your attack score to be a bit lower than what it shows in your profile. But if your Attack SPs greatly outnumber your opponent's Defense ones, then you'll probably notice less fluctuation. Either way, there is some multiplier going on in the background that involves your Skill Points.

Wufnu
01-29-2013, 08:13 PM
@wufnu - There's a wild card thrown in by the developers. I just asked this in another thread and Ph4ntom confirmed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44802-Crazy-Question

Got it and thanks. I knew there was always the skill point randomizer but couldn't figure out why it should affect MY stats, that explained it. I really think they tinkered with the code before the Pvp weekend. If I attack someone way, way below me I don't sustain many losses, but anything 50% or closer it's a definite crap shoot.

General Maximus
01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
It's good to know about the skill point allocations.

dads
01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Glad this was brought up as it relates to my upgrades & the main faction event.

do they come into play when your attacking a rival faction during the event.i did see my attack as boosted however I read some saying there boosted stats where not working so that leads to confusion as to if they do work during the main faction event or not?

fluffy402
01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Wait, what's wrong with the infirmary?

KizbotBro
01-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Wait, what's wrong with the infirmary?

Possibly nothing, its just a common opinion that upgrading the infirmary makes no difference to your amount of losses.
But as BigBassTurd says its not how everyone feels.

Thats interesting, thanks thief & DrDengus for adding some clarity to that. I hadn't bothered with the composites just because Im a light spender and didn't believe the benefit would be worth it, but sounds like a good investment in the game if it ups the defence stats of all units.

damn and that 40% sale just finished.

I'm keen to know if fighting between factions also benefits from these bonuses.

Thief
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
@ Dads. the OP was talking about the Boost Buildings that you as an individual Updates. Many are talking about the Faction Boosts that the Leader of your Faction purchases with the faction Bank not working. From best i can tell they don't seem to work

@KitzbotBro the Composites is the Best Bang for you buck you can purchase in this game. Now if your stats are low obviously you see a low return but remember you only have to pay gold for the Building but then upgrade it with Cash. As your Stats get better the Composites becomes more and More valuable @20%.

As for Infirmary there is no way to know for sure. The Casualty Rates Fluctuate week by week. In the last 48 hours i performed over 200 Raids on Players 1/3 my Strenth and haven't lost a Single Unit. (and i have lots of Demolitions to fill in my army with Very high Casualty Rates) However During the last PVP event if i did the same thing i would loose 2-3 Units EVERY Raid. Needless to say it's difficult to track anything when results Fluctate that much.

Also all of your Boost Buildings will work During the Faction Battles. While there are Random Factors when you attack and Defend the best i can tell is they do work. The Faction Bonuses however as i've mentioned are a little different.

Camping Dave
01-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Composites doesn't seem to work on Andriod. Heard this from others and when i finished an upgrade it made no difference to my defensive stats - I've got a ticket in about it.

dads
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks thief,did wonder what pps where saying about the boosts not working during Bfb as it wasn't stated in the post I read witch boosts they where referring to I am glad you cleared that up.
Nice to see info being posted again,lets hooe they fix the faction boosts before bfg.

Thanks again

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
got it and thanks. I knew there was always the skill point randomizer but couldn't figure out why it should affect my stats, that explained it. I really think they tinkered with the code before the pvp weekend. If i attack someone way, way below me i don't sustain many losses, but anything 50% or closer it's a definite crap shoot.

alot of good info, i'm trying to get my ten reply s in so i can start a new thread

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
so i'm hoping that someone out there knows something i don't.

I working on upgrading all these boost buildings i have, it would be more inspiring though if i genuinely knew what their effect was. There are many threads discussing the (in)effectiveness of the infirmary but what about the others?

The genetics lab says 'increases infantry power' which i find a little ambiguous. How does it actually effect my army in battle?

Should i have noticed my attack stats increase as the building upgrade finishes?

Anybodies insight would be really interesting for me

infact, any word from gree would probably be insightful to everyone!

alot of good info, i'm trying to get my ten reply s in so i can start a new thread

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
thanks thief,did wonder what pps where saying about the boosts not working during bfb as it wasn't stated in the post i read witch boosts they where referring to i am glad you cleared that up.
Nice to see info being posted again,lets hooe they fix the faction boosts before bfg.

Thanks again

ALOT OF GOOD INFO, I'M TRYING TO GET MY TEN REPLY S IN SO I CAN START A NEW THREAD