PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Cleansing

buddylee
01-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Ok, I have approximately 1400 mafia members. I'd like to do some cleaning up to clear out some of the individuals who are clearly no longer playing. For the mafia members that remain, I know that you can bring upto 5 times your level = mafia members into battle. Do the stats that the mafia member has (going into battle) hold any weight for the attack, or is it exclusively the weapons that they are supplied with (either what I've purchased or looted and supply them with)? When removing some of the excess, I've made decisions on removing some that have lower attack/defense and keeping some others, although no longer playing, still have pretty good stats. Is this a waste? If this has already been discussed, can someone point me in the right direction?

MathieuG89
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Their stats have no incidence on yours. Your stats are calculated using your best items out of everything you have.

nopenopenope
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
3 months > 15 months

Killshot-CC
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
The worthiness of who you've added has no bearing on you; they may as well be henchmen. Your equipment, your stats & modifiers, and the number of members you bring into battle is all that matters. In my opinion, the only criteria outside of volume that you may want to use for discarding vs. keeping is: who do you not want to face in battle vs. who do you want to pummel. Because there are goals for wins vs. players at your level as well as vs. players with a specific mafia size, you may want to discard those at your level or above with a lot of mafia members but whom you can beat.

buddylee
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Their stats have no incidence on yours. Your stats are calculated using your best items out of everything you have.

So all I get is a body to carry the equipment I offer? Thanks for the quick reply. This will make mafia cleaning easier. I'd like to drop 400 members so I can remember what it's like to see all my members in my mafia again.

buddylee
01-29-2013, 01:21 PM
The worthiness of who you've added has no bearing on you; they may as well be henchmen. Your equipment, your stats & modifiers, and the number of members you bring into battle is all that matters. In my opinion, the only criteria outside of volume that you may want to use for discarding vs. keeping is: who do you not want to face in battle vs. who do you want to pummel. Because there are goals for wins vs. players at your level as well as vs. players with a specific mafia size, you may want to discard those at your level or above with a lot of mafia members but whom you can beat.

That's good to know too. Sometimes that's the only reason I ask someone to join my mafia; so I don't meet them down a Crime City dark alley.

DvD
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Retain people you know and like, faction members if that's applicable, other than that, give priority to players you would not want attacking you (players with high stats + proximity to your current level).

If your playing style is to level slowly, look for the strongest players who are at or a bit below your current level as you are already visible or likely to become visible for attacks initiated by those players in the near term. There's nothing magic about being an exact match, level-wise, you're always visible via bracketing to players who are a bit above and below you.

If your playing style is to level rapidly, pay more attention to strong players in your mafia who are nearly-equal or a bit above you (level-wise).

If you intend to get to level 200 "someday" and you have some top tier players from that level or close to it in your mafia (because of your participation in the forums) consider keeping them too.

You can learn from very experienced players, visit their hoods, if you see something interesting, post on their wall.

Happy Weeding.

Pudgy Pumpkin
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Just make sure to first visit each of the players that you drop and leave them a note like: "Hey! You're hood is crappy and you suck. I'm dropping you from my mafia." I think that's the proper CC etiquette.

gambet1234
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Take every player that you might see again... if you are lvl 83 drop everyone 75-200. Now boost your stats and rob them as soon as you see them. Less allies = more players to rob. You never need more than 500 mafia. It just artificially inflates your stats.

Killshot-CC
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Just make sure to first visit each of the players that you drop and leave them a note like: "...you suck."

Hahaha. I think you've confused Crime City with Facebook.

Ramshutu
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Just make sure to first visit each of the players that you drop and leave them a note like: "Hey! You're hood is crappy and you suck. I'm dropping you from my mafia." I think that's the proper CC etiquette.

And then rob their laundromats :P

Coldjoey
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
I confess I once thought the same, I went through my mob and deleted anyone who never bought explosives, took ages!

buddylee
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I confess I once thought the same, I went through my mob and deleted anyone who never bought explosives, took ages!

But, I mean, Come On! Why the heck wouldn't you buy explosives. My stats jumped huge when I started carrying explosives. I think it's one of the most underutilized, least expensive weapon categories in the game. Sure they can be burned, but you can always replenish.

Pudgy Pumpkin
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
And then rob their laundromats :P

Only people who post funny AMA's get that treatment. The rest get their whole hood taken down.

Ramshutu
01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Only people who post funny AMA's get that treatment. The rest get their whole hood taken down.

That's why I haven't deleted them. Was thinking of upgrading them both to 7 just for you.

cooch
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
But, I mean, Come On! Why the heck wouldn't you buy explosives. My stats jumped huge when I started carrying explosives. I think it's one of the most underutilized, least expensive weapon categories in the game. Sure they can be burned, but you can always replenish.

Usually the non buyers fall into two categories:

1. Don't make enough IPH to buy weapons. Probably leveled up playing the Jobs too much.
2. They don't get, even though it's on the screen about what you get for each henchman, that you need exp. Seen many 500 plus mobs attack me with less than 2000. When I look at their profile it's like 0 on explosives.

There are silly sorts that hate losing disposable purchases as well I guess. Their loss and your gain if attacked or attacking them.

Pudgy Pumpkin
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
That's why I haven't deleted them. Was thinking of upgrading them both to 7 just for you.

Don't bother. I've got the Untraceable Carbine (+5 RP).

gambet1234
01-30-2013, 06:22 PM
I occasionally buy explosives. I buy them and I still get robbed. I can attack people with another 1000 or 2000 defense than before. Then they are used up. I get robbed no matter what if I lapse on my collections. I try to keep the game running in the background with auto-update turned off and just check when I can. I can always find somebody to attack or rob with or without explosives.

Why should I blow $100,000 a day on explosives again? It offers no real benefit when I could put that money toward the next NC upgrade.

Elastic Earl
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
This is simple. Remove everyone from your mafia. Replace with 500 henchmen from the store.

Then you can rob and attack everyone in the game. Perfect. Enjoy.